Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10842049 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:09am On May 19, 2019
BrokerHaruna:
It amuses me when some talk of investing in Tier 2 banks. See how FCMB is falling like a hot knife.
What has actually changed in its fundamentals? . Even at this period London Bridge sef is falling down. I just see this as an opportunity, cos it's moving close to the desired dividend yield

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:21am On May 19, 2019
"The safest and most potentially profitable thing is to buy something (fundamentally sound stock) when no one likes it. - Howard Mark

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:28am On May 19, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
Good morning and a happy Sunday,
Without a doubt, the MTN Nigeria issue has been the hottest gist in the past few days. MTN this, MTN that.
My view on this issue, buying MTN at whatever price is not a crime, the only crime is ignoring the red flags.
One can say it boldly that we have no regulators in Nigeria. They only exist for their selfish interests. How can one explained the listing of MTN ? A big company that we do not know there total liabilities and assets as at the last trading days.
No one can officially tell us the cash flow of dz company from operations, investing and financing.
No one can give us the income statement of MTN despite being in existence for over 17 years.
If this is released to the domain of the public, the bubble will burst coz coz it might show that MTN has underpaid Nigeria government in taxes.
Why are Nigerians in places of authority and oversighting so hearless and unpatriotic?
ONLY in a country like Nigeria will malabu scandal go unpunished, where few individuals gave a proven oil reserve of their nation's wealth away just to enrich themselves. Same scenario is playing out in MTN Nigeria. It's a scandal that will shake every investors in the coming days if nothing is done to nip the bud at this stage. The company that invested less than $300m and repatriated over $8 billion to SA as dividends between 2011 to 2015. The GEJ years, when corruption was redefined as not stealing.
My buy appetite for this company has now been upgraded to observe the events and trading of MTN Nigeria. The available information shows that MTN at listing worth N1.8T, Outstanding debt N250bil
Additional loans of N200b by consortium of banks
I can see MTN Nigeria adopting the chronic trends in Nigeria listed companies. The usual things that is a common denominator to all of them is inflated asset minus liability = 0. Debt to assets ratio =50%
It T4 means MTN is going to borrow more money to finance its operations while the Helpless regulators watch this company milking retail Investors. This has started already. The existing private shareholders will only turn to trillionares.
In other words, the south African shareholders.
One thing I know, no matter the conspiracy of MTN and the Nigeria regulators the share price will auto-correct itself. No bull and bear last forever.
I had thought the people appointed by MTN to oversees the affairs of the company will bring a positive impact rather they are just watching the market inside the box as if they were outside it.

You just spoke my mind sir. Kudos.

"All bubbles start with some nugget of truth "-Howard Mark

" Investing is a popularity contest and the most dangerous thing is to buy something at the peak of its popularity "-Howard Mark

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:41am On May 19, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
Good morning and a happy Sunday,

One thing I know, no matter the conspiracy of MTN and the Nigeria regulators the share price will auto-correct itself. No bull and bear last forever.
I had thought the people appointed by MTN to oversees the affairs of the company will bring a positive impact rather they are just watching the market inside the box as if they were outside it.

Analysis paralysis....If you can get to buy on Monday please do and enjoy the ride before cashing out... grin

We are in NSE to make q-money....Anyone thinking of long term is a F00L!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:00am On May 19, 2019
BrokerHaruna:
https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/01/dr-paul-bissohong-resigns-from-mrs-oil-nigeria-plc-as-director/

We have witnessed multiple movements of top-level officials in MRS in recent time. With the recent reorganisations undertaken by the company, it may be well positioned for greater heights. The company has huge potentials with its very limited number of shares outstanding. At this time, MRS has many things going for it and may easily surprise the market.

Sayyu dantata(brings business from Dangote group) is gone, Bisshong (brings business from Cameroon and neighboring west African countries) now gone......I will see who joins the board

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:47am On May 19, 2019
BrokerHaruna:

Stale news (published in March). Emefiele has been confirmed by the Senate for another 5years tenure! He's going nowhere.

Alright. Thanks for the info.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:04am On May 19, 2019
Mpeace:
We at Transcorp need to learn form MTN. Even with their huge OS, MTN shareholders still refuse to sell thus leading to share price appreciation. We at Transcorp must emulate MTN if we want make money.

News as from monday, make no body sell anything until Transcorp hit me 20

Very funny. I hope you have the volume and the media in your pocket to influence the market in your favour.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2019
Mpeace:
We at Transcorp need to learn form MTN. Even with their huge OS, MTN shareholders still refuse to sell thus leading to share price appreciation. We at Transcorp must emulate MTN if we want make money.

For your information, transcorp MM maybe pumping their share to dump on those willing to receive, once the succeeded, they will take their loot to mtn. Upon the negative side view of some people toward mtn, like during the Diamond bank era. Mtn still have something to offer, that's why big caps owners are selling off portion of their companies share to tap in mtn.

If those queuing up in mtn line leave, it will be available. And as long the keep on standing in the queue other stock will keep on going down most especially this new week. One will buy from sound fundamental stock, and will be happy that he has succeeded in entering at lower or bottom price, only to look up and see another lower/bottom price.

One will buy Zenith at #20 and look up, only to see it at #18, UBA at #6 and see it at #5. It's not encouraging seen the loss of hundreds/ millions plus of naira in ones portfolio upon the lower entrance. It's better one buy at lower price and the price remain the same for some period before moving up. There is high probability of stock going down this week than moving up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:17am On May 19, 2019
Coolcash1:

Analysis paralysis....If you can get to buy on Monday please do and enjoy the ride before cashing out... grin

We are in NSE to make q-money....Anyone thinking of long term is a F00L!

Love this post. Why are pips on this forum always hiding their needless fears, worries, insecurities under academic toothless analysis, unfounded conspiracies,.... Your business as an investor is to make money. How some guys are manipulating the market is none of your business. How the NSE equity is crashing is none of your business. How the economy is unfavourable, how recession is coming, how terrible the NSE regulators are is not your business.

Your business is to enter the market when the signs and all indicators are favouring the market and pull out immediately there is sign of reversal or consolidation in order to re-enter the market again when sentiments is favourable. I won't be surprised If you folks keep waiting till MTN reach 200 or 500 naira. Too much talk and analysis and fear mongering on this forum.

However, I can't help but admit that this forum has been of tremendous help for me. It has made me known the basic nitty gritty of stocks market generally.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2019
maryjames9:

Love this post. Why are pips on this forum always hiding their needless fears, worries, insecurities under academic toothless analysis, unfounded conspiracies,.... Your business as an investor is to make money. How some guys are manipulating the market is none of your business. How the NSE equity is crashing is none of your business. How the economy is unfavourable, how recession is coming, how terrible the NSE regulators are is not your business.

Your business is to enter the market when the signs and all indicators are favouring the market and pull out immediately there is sign of reversal or consolidation in order to re-enter the market again when sentiments is favourable. I won't be surprised If you folks keep waiting till MTN reach 200 or 500 naira. Too much talk and analysis and fear mongering on this forum.

However, I can't help but admit that this forum has been of tremendous help for me. It has made me known the basic nitty gritty of stocks market generally.

Believe me, non is waiting, most of those claiming that they hate mtn are the majority queuing up to buy mtn since last week, this including the companies CEOs, but the mtn door in NSE real time online trading was shut down since they listed. Their trading was done through cross deal, except one sending email order to his/her stockbroker to buy for him, which they might get through cross deal, the worse still remain that stockbrokers themselves are also interested.

How I wish that there will be mass Exodus from buyers, withdrawing their buying interest in mtn, so that mtn share will flood the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 12:16pm On May 19, 2019
Valueinvestor:
"The safest and most potentially profitable thing is to buy something (fundamentally sound stock) when no one likes it. - Howard Mark

Exactly this!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:22pm On May 19, 2019
OakPearl:

Bro calm down oh.
The "noise" may be annoying but it's better everyone here gets enough info to aid their investment decisions.
It was CHAMS, then CAVERTON, then JAPAUL, then TRANSCORP; and now MTNN.
This too will pass.
Na turn by turn.
If this is another little way of protecting the interest of retail investors, let it flow.
Thank you jare. I wonder why I am so bothered about the noise inside the marketplace.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 12:30pm On May 19, 2019
maryjames9:

The fact that many people are hoping or feel that MTN will get to 200 naira or 500 naira is a warning sign that someone should thread with caution, of course it could surprise everyone and get to 1,000 naira and some people will laugh or it could surprise everyone and drop to 20 kobo, some people will still laugh. No one knows anything when it comes to price action, no one can predict with certainty, but the probability that I get 13% from Tbills per annum is higher than me predicting the price of any equity, also when an equity has gone up in price and is nearing the overvalued stage, I can always infer that the probability of it going higher is lower than the probability of those with a lower price to go higher.

What does this mean? Buying any stock, no matter how wonderful a business they are on the basis alone of someone will probably buy it higher from you is dangerous. You can label whatever people say or think as anything, but this in itself is the logical fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2019
Mpeace:

My brother, most people are in the market for different reasons. For some, just 15 - 20% appreciation is ok. for example, a trader/broker that bought 10m units @ 1.13 (N11.3m) will be happy to sell when the price is @ 1.24 (N12.4m), that is a gain of N1m in just days instead of being greedy and holding on to sell at 1.70 which may not be feasible in months, rather, the same coy may come down to 1.12 again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2019
BrokerHaruna:
It amuses me when some talk of investing in Tier 2 banks. See how FCMB is falling like a hot knife.
tier one or two doesn"t really matter for now. Even the GTBs, Zenith etc in tier one are also falling yakata. What we are going through is a routine market correction. Unfortunately, most people are somehow carried away due to sentiments and fundamentals of the companies, but the truth is that for sometime now and in the nearest future "There is no news to propel the market". Therefore, stocks will continue to go down, slowly though, until FPI and others start coming back with their "foreign hot money" (copyright onlygentleguy).

Similarly, the price of stocks may witness a reversal, when they becomes tempting. As for now, some of them are still on the high side.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:45pm On May 19, 2019
kolaish:
Thank you jare. I wonder why I am so bothered about the noise inside the marketplace.
Correct bro.
In the midts of all these, I have executed some of my best deals cherry-picking and portfolio balancing jejely. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 19, 2019
kolaish:
tier one or two doesn"t really matter for now. Even the GTBs, Zenith etc in tier one are also falling yakata. What we are going through is a routine market correction. Unfortunately, most people are somehow carried away due to sentiments and fundamentals of the companies, but the truth is that for sometime now and in the nearest future "There is no news to propel the market". Therefore, stocks will continue to go down, slowly though, until FPI and others start coming back with their "foreign hot money" (copyright onlygentleguy).

Similarly, the price of stocks may witness a reversal, when they becomes tempting. As for now, some of them are still on the high side.

In the real sense, we do not really need to beg the foreign investors, if the companies executive are doing well, curtailing their corrupt and anti patriotic nature and other executives financial recklessness.
Were they the foreign investors that bought MTN recharge cards and data? Nope,
Were they the one that uses OMO and Closed up of Unilever? Nope
Were they the one that consume the pasta and products of FMN Ltd?Nope
If we have toothful regulators, incorruptible regulators,, the listed companies will deliver.
However in the absence of the aforementioned, the rule of the game is use the minority investors as a pawn.
When did the Chinese open up their stock exchange for the foreign investors? Less than 15 years.
If things were done in moderation, Nigeria can sustain her bourse.
There was a time, the Chinese market was depressed for 4 straight years.2001 to 2004.
They did not run to the European and the American investors to bail them out.
Rather it was part of the condition given by Obama administration that China open up its domestic economy in order to be admitted into World Trade Organizations. 2001 December.
The people were trading their local bourse under strong regulatory bodies. They were prepared for stock manipulations and panic trading and effect of what foreign raiders would have on their economy. https://www.scmp.com/topics/China-economy.
Same way, Huawei had prepared for American onslaught 3 years back. It was mentioned that Huawei had stock essential American components of their devices that would last for at least 5 years while also building their own technology to catch up with the American. So it never came to them a surprise.The American analysts in 1957 predicted the rise of China as the next world power.They never see Russia as a threat. There is nothing Trump can do to stop the rise of China. America was busy fighting wars all over the world, While China was busy building its economy. From manufacturing inferior items and commodities
Here we are now. China the engine room of world economy.
Back to our domestic economy, if the companies are accountable to investors, there would be a big room for traders, short sellers, JIJO, long-term investors and the rest. But in a situation where the companies executives in Nigeria are more corrupt than Obasanjo, Atiku, Abacha, Dan etete, adokie and the rest of them, there is no hope in sight, it means investment can only appreciate in Nigeria whenever the foreign raiders knock at the door of NSE.
Just to mention few examples
Wale Tinubu is the owner of oando your investment and interest means nothing to him.
He cruize in private jet all over the world.He has not paid dividend for years. In a nation with good corporate governance he should be spending time in jail.
Ayeni et al are working freely... Case closed
The biggest scamer of all time in Nigeria Erasmus akingbola is walking freely and would die a trillionare. He was guilty in UK but freed in Nigeria. He is even using the loophole in the judiciary to claim his bank back.
The government was magnanimous to the dozie family and granted them a soft landing just to curb the ripple effect of unemployment from a distressed bank. A wise and a commendable effort.
The list is endless.
Here we are buying shares with the hope that the foreign raiders will one day stimulate a Bull in the domestic economy.
Don't we know that the bull of the past was an artificial bull that was created with sentiment and temporary currency devaluation of late 2015 to late 2017. It wasn't sustainable coz the company executives always come with excuses.
Difficult Nigeria economy
High taxation and excise duty on production
High cost of import
High cost of borrowing
Unfavorable Monetary policy
Oshodi apapa gridlock
Lack of Forex to import raw materials
Power generation from diesel
There was no time this opportned individuals ever mentioned their recklessness, private jets, high wages and their prodigious lifestyles.
We must be ready for the next level voted for by the people of Nigeria. The reward will surely come, maybe after this administration. Remember, the Chinese emerged stronger after bear of 4 straight years.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

If [/b]things were done in moderation, Nigeria can sustain her bourse.

Back to our domestic economy, if the companies are accountable to investors

[b]Wale Tinubu is the owner of oando your investment and interest means nothing to him.
He cruize in private jet all over the world.He has not paid dividend for years. In a nation with good corporate governance he should be spending time in jail.
Ayeni et al are working freely... Case closed

The biggest scamer of all time in Nigeria Erasmus akingbola is walking freely and would die a trillionare. He was guilty in UK but freed in Nigeria. He is even using the loophole in the judiciary to claim his bank back.
The government was magnanimous to the dozie family and granted them a soft landing just to curb the ripple effect of unemployment from a distressed bank. A wise and a commendable effort.
The list is endless.
High taxation and excise duty on production
High cost of import
High cost of borrowing
Unfavorable Monetary policy
Oshodi apapa gridlock
Lack of Forex to import raw materials
Power generation from diesel

There was no time this opportned individuals ever mentioned their recklessness, private jets, high wages and their prodigious lifestyles.
We must be ready for the next level voted for by the people of Nigeria. The reward will surely come, maybe after this administration. Remember, the Chinese emerged stronger after bear of 4 straight years.
Good write-up and well detailed. Unfortunately, this is where we find ourselves and we must come to the reality that we will leave with the factors listed above even for the next 6 years.

For the meantime, let us learn to swim and flow with the tide, study the movement of NSE to know the right time to buy and sell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:22pm On May 19, 2019
robobo:

From the little i know of Dangflour vis a vis the bid i think the deal breaker / maker wld be the access to the port / sea that Olam wanted along with the company.

why above might be a dealbreaker is as follow

Does Alhaji currently have any other port / sea Access apart from that of DangFlour? i think yes cos i know Cement also have a terminal

would Alhaji want a premium for the port sea Access considering that Olam does not presently have same and wld kill to have it (due to there overall business and not only flour). i think so, so the final question is how badly does Olam want it? Remember that Alhaji is a Shark and he already knows how badly Olam want that port access.

you can conclude the rest on your own
Note:Alhaji built a port in Lagos inorder to take shipment of his regeneration tower as no port in Nigeria could handle the shipment. so yes he has another port
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:14am On May 20, 2019
Please what is the % charge when buying/selling via Morgan capital

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Additives(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2019
Good morning, please what broker is reliable in Nigeria as regards stock investment matter. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:21am On May 20, 2019
Nigeria’s GDP Rises by 2.01% in Q1 2019 as Non-Oil Contributes 90.86%
https://businesspost.ng/2019/05/20/nigerias-gdp-rises-by-2-01-in-q1-2019-as-non-oil-contributes-90-86/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Nigeria’s GDP Rises by 2.01% in Q1 2019 as Non-Oil Contributes 90.86%
https://businesspost.ng/2019/05/20/nigerias-gdp-rises-by-2-01-in-q1-2019-as-non-oil-contributes-90-86/

If these figures are correct, its a welcome development.
But when I arrived Houston 2 weeks ago and found out their GDP (for 2017) was around $490bn compared to the whole Nigeria @ $375.77bn, I knew what a long road it is for us as a nation. To add insult to injury, Houston is a metropolitan city in the State of Texas, it is not a State!
Kai!!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 10:01am On May 20, 2019
BrokerHaruna:

If you know, you know boss. Na that volatility the money dey. We always try to get in at below 1.60 and keep averaging down till circa 1.30 and then wait till it reverses upside and ride it up to above 2.30.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:35am On May 20, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 20 MAY 2019
Another interesting week with good expectations from the market.
MSCI is back, MTN is in, Oil is up automatically market must be up.

Our focus is on 2nd qtr 2019. Where can you position yourself for the money? we were looking at the forecast for 2nd quarter results we expect for 2019. Many interesting things showed up like; I don't know how Access bank can fail to deliver a spectacular result for the 2nd quarter of 2019, if it fails to do then it will be the disappointment of the decade. Also, despite the risk in Oando, the stock keeps coming up as likely to do well for the 2nd quarter of 2019.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:45am On May 20, 2019
aremso:

Buyingis 0.875% + SMS charges.
Breakdown:
Broker's Commission: 0.5000%
SEC Fee: 0.3000%
Stamp Duty: 0.0750%
CSCS Alert Charges: N4.20 per SMS .........

Selling charges: 1.175% (0.3% CSCS charges included here)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2019
Mcy56:

Buying/selling is 0.875% + SMS charges.
Breakdown:
Broker's Commission: 0.5000%
SEC Fee: 0.30%
Stamp Duty: 0.0750%
CSCS Alert Charges: N4.20 per SMS ......... this is what I know.

many thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 11:10am On May 20, 2019
aremso:

many thanks
In addition to what madam mcy has written, there is an additional CSCS fees of 0.3% making the sell charge to be 0.3%+0.875%=1.175%

Therefore:
Buy Charge= 0.875%
Sell Charge= 1.175%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:14am On May 20, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: presiade(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.