Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10843230 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2019
MTNN NEWS FLASH!
Gentlemen and ladies, before we drink water keep cup, the borrowing has started already. grin

MTN announced on Friday that it has signed a N200 billion 7 years medium term loan with 7 commercial banks. MTN plans to use the loan to “fund evolving business opportunities, capital expenditure, and working capital.”
This follows a N200 billion syndicated loan they also borrowed in 2018. MTN currently carried a debt of N252 billion on its balance sheet.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/18/mtn-signs-n200-billion-loan-deal-shutting-out-any-imminent-public-offer/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:13pm On May 18, 2019
Mfunkynation:
Locodemy Securities Limited
Lol. ARM's brokerage fee go dey learn where Loco's own dey. grin
No wonder Mendes no dey gree buy stocks for market no matter what, except if he sight the one wey go give 100% return. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:15pm On May 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:19pm On May 18, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
Okay . I get it . Lol
Which kind moniker be this self? grin Hand of charlesniper voice of pythonD lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
OakPearl:
MTNN NEWS FLASH! Gentlemen and ladies, before we drink water keep cup, the borrowing has started already. grin
MTN announced on Friday that it has signed a N200 billion 7 years medium term loan with 7 commercial banks. MTN plans to use the loan to “fund evolving business opportunities, capital expenditure, and working capital.”
This follows a N200 billion syndicated loan they also borrowed in 2018. MTN currently carried a debt of N252 billion on its balance sheet.
https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/18/mtn-signs-n200-billion-loan-deal-shutting-out-any-imminent-public-offer/
Lol. grin grin
What do you expect from telecoms coy before.
Their coming out to list now could be that they're becoming financially distressed self, forget all those hyping here and there. Since they know NSE has enough room for scam, they had to list so they can easily manipulate things.
Retail shareholders should shine their eyes if they dont know how to play the game before they become shellholders. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. ARM's brokerage fee go dey learn where Loco's own dey. grin
No wonder Mendes no dey gree buy stocks for market no matter what, except if he sight the one wey go give 100% return. grin grin
Oga is larger
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:32pm On May 18, 2019
phemmie06:
Oga is larger
Na so. only large ogas can be Loco's client. I dey suspect 333 self, he don port to his firm. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:45pm On May 18, 2019
Mcy56:

Na so. only large ogas can be Loco's client. I dey suspect 333 self, he don port to his firm. grin grin
Make dem go do meeting settle me with 1000 unit of oga Afo unit for Nestlé, before I turn to issue for both
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AkataYeriYeri: 2:42pm On May 18, 2019
Mcy56:

Which kind moniker be this self? grin Hand of charlesniper voice of pythonD lipsrsealed
Lmao. Detective grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:03pm On May 18, 2019
OakPearl:
MTNN NEWS FLASH!
Gentlemen and ladies, before we drink water keep cup, the borrowing has started already. grin

When I read this news this morning I just shook my head about this MTN obvious game. It all points to a strategy of "Since they imposed a crushing fine on us and on top of that also forced us to list against our wish, then we shall find every possible way to cushion the effect by transferring the burden on their citizens".
Talk of Le Chatelier's principle playing out on NSE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:37pm On May 18, 2019
Deadlytruth:

When I read this news this morning I just shook my head about this MTN obvious game. It all points to a strategy of "Since they imposed a crushing fine on us and on top of that also forced us to list against our wish, then we shall find every possible way to cushion the effect by transferring the burden on their citizens".

They paid high dividends before listing on the stock market, proceeds from borrowed money and profits. All to be repatriated to South Africa. They further burden the company with more debt, hopefully new shareholders will be asking questions. Let's see how this game unfolds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2019
courage89:

They paid high dividends before listing on the stock market, proceeds from borrowed money and profits. All to be repatriated to South Africa. They further burden the company with more debt, hopefully new shareholders will be asking questions. Let's see how this game unfolds
Hmmmm. Asking questions after becoming shellholders. The break of this news of mountainous syndicated loan could be a red flag with the capacity to bring all this MTN hype to an abrupt end and cut short the current frenzied spate rally of the stock. However, I am quite convinced that MTN must have it's fair share of Nigerian investors' sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:22pm On May 18, 2019
courage89:

You have a choice to buy or stay away.
No one is forced to pass an exam, so their answers, if any, are not guaranteed to make you smile to the bank, a core reason for investing.... grin

Seems you are already doing your DD.... grin
Follow your heart.

CP categorically stated that their numbers may burn his Bedsheet!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:29pm On May 18, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Hmmmm. Asking questions after becoming shellholders. The break of this news of mountainous syndicated loan could be a red flag with the capacity to bring all this MTN hype to an abrupt end and cut short the current frenzied spate rally of the stock. However, I am quite convinced that MTN must have it's fair share of Nigerian investors' sentiments.

I prefer the banks they have officially told us they are working for, provided they don't end up been Siamese twins of the telecom logo champions.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

You have a choice to buy or stay away.
No one is forced to pass an exam, so their answers, if any, are not guaranteed to make you smile to the bank, a core reason for investing.... grin

Seems you are already doing your DD.... grin
Follow your heart.

CP categorically stated that their numbers may burn his Bedsheet!

Good one druggedprofessor grin

Na wa o. MTN this, MTN that, is it only MTN that is in the whole NSE. When they were not listed people were shouting, and now they have come to the market, people are still shouting. Before MTN was, have we not been buying and selling stock? Enough of all this MTN stuff please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:49pm On May 18, 2019
phemmie06:
Make dem go do meeting settle me with 1000 unit of oga Afo unit for Nestlé, before I turn to issue for both
Lol. They're on queue for MTN, you go get your afo unit when they see buy. MTN, everywhere you go. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:54pm On May 18, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
Lmao. Detective grin
Lol. Where do you see these names self? You must have close affiliation with the indigenous/traditional Yoruba settings. Lol, dont mind me o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:09pm On May 18, 2019
GonFreecss1:

Yep. A very huge one. I actually tried to, but some of my friends that were interested were broke and the ones that were not broke were not interested. Lol, life!

Funny thing when this MTN thing was spreading around, some of them started calling me and all. Lol, what a life. By then though I was so pissed because I knew I will never buy at 90 naira, nor any further increase from there. Many more opportunities will come, I hope.

Bro, please flag it here next time you run into a deal. You never know.
I would have been interested post-DD.
#Seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. grin grin
What do you expect from telecoms coy before.
Their coming out to list now could be that they're becoming financially distressed self, forget all those hyping here and there. Since they know NSE has enough room for scam, they had to list so they can easily manipulate things.
Retail shareholders should shine their eyes if they dont know how to play the game before they become shellholders. grin

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Thank God for those who may have heeded the several warnings here.
Even if any plans to have a taste of the pudding then jaa. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2019
kolaish:
Good one druggedprofessor grin

Na wa o. MTN this, MTN that, is it only MTN that is in the whole NSE. When they were not listed people were shouting, and now they have come to the market, people are still shouting. Before MTN was, have we not been buying and selling stock? Enough of all this MTN stuff please.

Bro calm down oh.
The "noise" may be annoying but it's better everyone here gets enough info to aid their investment decisions.
It was CHAMS, then CAVERTON, then JAPAUL, then TRANSCORP; and now MTNN.
This too will pass.
Na turn by turn.
If this is another little way of protecting the interest of retail investors, let it flow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

I prefer the banks they have officially told us they are working for, provided they don't end up been Siamese twins of the telecom logo champions.... grin
That is just it. A goat that forms the habit of keeping company of dogs must eventually learn how to eat excrement.
The eventual fall of Diamond partly as a result of too much loan exposure to a certain wobbling company is a recent picture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 9:53pm On May 18, 2019
This MTNN thing will burn many retail investors.......for now.

Sometimes the best investment strategy is to watch and do nothing till....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:48pm On May 18, 2019
OakPearl:
MTNN NEWS FLASH!

This pple can easily take advantage of the stock market to pay off the loan with great ease. All they need do is raise their share price to 200 and with a 1billion units rights issue they have their 200 billion naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2019
We at Transcorp need to learn form MTN. Even with their huge OS, MTN shareholders still refuse to sell thus leading to share price appreciation. We at Transcorp must emulate MTN if we want make money.

News as from monday, make no body sell anything until Transcorp hit me 20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 11:40pm On May 18, 2019
Sa boys braping naija shareholders harder then dem dey fflog our babes and kill our bros

D manipulation wey dey happen dey in front of my eye your eye and everyone can see am as dey do am

Cmon close your eyes and shut up your mouth

Who u b no b naija monkey jump upandan inside your own house wey no evem grt nepa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 12:36am On May 19, 2019
OakPearl:

Bro, please flag it here next time you run into a deal. You never know.
I would have been interested post-DD.
#Seriously.

Noted. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 12:50am On May 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 2:47am On May 19, 2019
GonFreecss1:
Who has seen this?

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/af/idAFL5N20R5LC

Stale news (published in March). Emefiele has been confirmed by the Senate for another 5years tenure! He's going nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 2:53am On May 19, 2019
https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/01/dr-paul-bissohong-resigns-from-mrs-oil-nigeria-plc-as-director/

We have witnessed multiple movements of top-level officials in MRS in recent time. With the recent reorganisations undertaken by the company, it may be well positioned for greater heights. The company has huge potentials with its very limited number of shares outstanding. At this time, MRS has many things going for it and may easily surprise the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 5:31am On May 19, 2019
It amuses me when some talk of investing in Tier 2 banks. See how FCMB is falling like a hot knife.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:59am On May 19, 2019
Good morning and a happy Sunday,
Without a doubt, the MTN Nigeria issue has been the hottest gist in the past few days. MTN this, MTN that.
My view on this issue, buying MTN at whatever price is not a crime, the only crime is ignoring the red flags.
One can say it boldly that we have no regulators in Nigeria. They only exist for their selfish interests. How can one explained the listing of MTN ? A big company that we do not know there total liabilities and assets as at the last trading days.
No one can officially tell us the cash flow of dz company from operations, investing and financing.
No one can give us the income statement of MTN despite being in existence for over 17 years.
If this is released to the domain of the public, the bubble will burst coz coz it might show that MTN has underpaid Nigeria government in taxes.
Why are Nigerians in places of authority and oversighting so hearless and unpatriotic?
ONLY in a country like Nigeria will malabu scandal go unpunished, where few individuals gave a proven oil reserve of their nation's wealth away just to enrich themselves. Same scenario is playing out in MTN Nigeria. It's a scandal that will shake every investors in the coming days if nothing is done to nip the bud at this stage. The company that invested less than $300m and repatriated over $8 billion to SA as dividends between 2011 to 2015. The GEJ years, when corruption was redefined as not stealing.
My buy appetite for this company has now been upgraded to observe the events and trading of MTN Nigeria. The available information shows that MTN at listing worth N1.8T, Outstanding debt N250bil
Additional loans of N200b by consortium of banks
I can see MTN Nigeria adopting the chronic trends in Nigeria listed companies. The usual things that is a common denominator to all of them is inflated asset minus liability = 0. Debt to assets ratio =50%
It T4 means MTN is going to borrow more money to finance its operations while the Helpless regulators watch this company milking retail Investors. This has started already. The existing private shareholders will only turn to trillionares.
In other words, the south African shareholders.
One thing I know, no matter the conspiracy of MTN and the Nigeria regulators the share price will auto-correct itself. No bull and bear last forever.
I had thought the people appointed by MTN to oversees the affairs of the company will bring a positive impact rather they are just watching the market inside the box as if they were outside it.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cation(m), MrDiligence and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.