Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,723 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11078112 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4605) (4606) (4607) (4608) (4609) (4610) (4611) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:49pm On May 26, 2019
OakPearl:

This as MTNN's shares outstanding would have made their EPS, PAT, PE ratio, etc a more interesting read.
But they chose to split it into 20bn OS at 2kobo par value (for a coy of MTNN's size and calibre).
Why not at least 50 kobo if not N1 norminal value? Who does that @2kobo
I still feel this is where the "wayo" was crafted.
Las las market will correct the inflated price.

She our people that permitted the listing did not kno d implications. I won't be surprise if na people with degrees in Agric n Biology de in charge. Naija I hail thee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:04am On May 27, 2019
fear naija companies;

DAAR Investment Limited, parent company of DAAR Communications Plc, provided N4,200,000,000
(Four billion, two hundred million naira) subordinated loan facility to DAAR Communications Plc during
year 2008 at an interest rate of 5% per annum. The tenor of the loan was 5 years. The interest was not required
to be paid until year 2011.
The original maturity date of the loan was 31 December 2013, but on 30 September 2013, the maturity date
of the loan with a principal balance of N3,220.715,000 (Three Billion, Two Hundred and Twenty Million,
Seven Hundred and Fifteen Thousand Naira) was extended to December 31, 2015 based on the original terms
and conditions.
The balance of N1,335,849,000 (One Billion, Three Hundred and Thirty Five million, Eight Hundred and
Forty Nine Thousand Naira) represents the unpaid portion of the loan as at December 31, 2017.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:26am On May 27, 2019
FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR NSEMPA INVESTORS
Being an investor requires being prepared to see through the market’s ups and downs. It also requires being able to manage the highs and lows of your own emotions and cognitive biases.

It’s impossible to ignore the constant flow of news and opinions about what is happening in the markets and how investors should react. But what does the evidence tell us about our ability to predict the best times to buy or sell?
It is like driving in a typical Lagos traffick,
You are driving on one lane, you observed that it was not moving, you changed to the moving lane, few minutes later the lane you left started moving and the lane that you are now got stucked.
This is the cognitive behavioral problem of investors all over the world.
Get prepared for the good and the down of the market dz new week and the month ahead.
No analyst can predict when the market will react
Keep persevering.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 6:59am On May 27, 2019
Mcy56:

This got me laughing. Nsempa Ltd indeed. Weh don sir. grin
Hhmmm, this Loco you nominated ehhnnn, I no gree o cos na entrepreneur he be.
You sure say no be hostel we wan invest in? And then he'll tell us he'll be paying us yearly dividends? grin.
By the way, what's the full meaning of SPV?

@Deepsuk what's your opinion on this venture? Na Wetin you talk I go follow. grin

SPV = Special Purpose Vehicle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:03am On May 27, 2019
Currentprice dey value MTN @96

Chibuking dey value MTN @70

A stock in the category of MTN can never sell at its fair price, else the likes of GTB and Stanbic would not be trading at their current price.

Make una continue...I am buying MTN today, good luck with your waiting!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:18am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

A stock in the category of MTN can never sell at its fair price, else the likes of GTB and Stanbic would not be trading at their current price.

today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:19am On May 27, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
today

Are you a children... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22am On May 27, 2019
you don hear?them say aliko personally ordered efcc to raid mtn office.Mtn wants to overtake dangcem in his own country,it can't fit work.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:23am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

Are you a children... grin grin grin
lol,you caught me there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27am On May 27, 2019
if you are buying mtn today,you are buying against aliko himself.QED.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
if you are buying mtn today,you are buying against aliko himself.QED.

If your source is accurate that one is Aliko's business, I am buying MTN today...like it or not MTN would overtake Dangote Cement in price, for a stock that pays out 80% of its profit as dividend.

Wait until institutional investors, pension managers and foreign investors start buying MTN...or which stock do you think these people are more likely to buy going forward, ask yourself?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

If your source is accurate that one is Aliko's business, I am buying MTN today...like it or not MTN would overtake Dangote Cement in price, for a stock that pays out 80% of this profit as dividend.

Yes my brother follow your mind!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:01am On May 27, 2019
OakPearl:

This as MTNN's shares outstanding would have made their EPS, PAT, PE ratio, etc a more interesting read.
But they chose to split it into 20bn OS at 2kobo par value (for a coy of MTNN's size and calibre).
Why not at least 50 kobo if not N1 norminal value? Who does that @2kobo
I still feel this is where the "wayo" was crafted.
Las las market will correct the inflated price.

In as much as I feel MTN is overvalued, what did they actually do? IMO they did nothing wrong. If there is any wayo, then my bet is on the NSE, SEC and brokers themselves, not MTNN or their shareholders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:06am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

If your source is accurate that one is Aliko's business, I am buying MTN today...like it or not MTN would overtake Dangote Cement in price, for a stock that pays out 80% of its profit as dividend.

Wait until institutional investors, pension managers and foreign investors start buying MTN...or which stock do you think these people are more likely to buy going forward, ask yourself?

You are basing your buying analysis on what you think will happen? Very risky my man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:27am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

Chibuking81:

Please can I get link to it?
160 billion/ 407 million = 393.12 eps
20 billion/407 million = ‭49.14, if their initial outstanding was 407 million, that means that they splits each unit into 49.14 unit before they listed it.

49.14 x 90 = ‭#4,422.60. Does it mean that their 1 unit of share is now #4,422.60?

4,422.60/393.12 = 11.25 PE, but according to their report before listing, they stated that their PE was below 1.
To get below 1eps, that is 4,422.60/11.25 =384.57.
Therefore 384.57/393.12 = 0.98 PE

Before listing their share price should be #384.57
And their current Price after the splits should have been #384.57/49.14 = #7.83.
Their suppose price should have been #7.83 (against #90 listing and their current #140, this is close to 2000% upward increase )

Meaning that 1 unit of share of #384.57 was duplicated to get #4422.60 (#4,422.60 - #384.57 = #4,038.03)
#4,038.03 on top, that's excessive. ( or #7.83 duplicated to get #90 and #140 respectively)

Their fair value by #8 eps should be #70

MTN's price earnings (P/E) ratio based on FY 2018 earnings per share (EPS) of N357.87 and its
recent market price of N90 confounded a lot of analysts. A P/E of less than one(1.0) for the
second largest stock listed on the NSE makes little, if any, sense at all. Dangote Cement
(DANGCEM), the Exchange's single largest capitalized stock trades at a price of N185 and a P/E
of 8.35. DANGCEM's price to book value is currently 3.04.

Some times it's always good to wait and find reason from other peoples opinion, this page will always open our eyes in what we felt we know, but far away from our view.

MTNN pre-list has PE of below 1, at their listing it has PE of 11.25, and post listing of 17.5, at their current Price, it is too excessive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2019
Chibuking81:

Some times it's always good to wait and find reason from other peoples opinion, this page will always open our eyes in what we felt we know, but far away from our view.

MTNN pre-list has PE of below 1, but their post list has PE of 11.25, their current Price is too excessive.

If you are privileged to have MTN prior to listing or enetered at @90 on the day of listing, would you have said all this or would you have sold your shares.

Make una allow us buy in peace...MTN never wanted to list their shares, FG forced them. They have not done any wrong rather blame your govt. and regulators.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:42am On May 27, 2019
Chibuking81:

MTNN pre-list has PE of below 1, at their listing it has PE of 11.25, and post listing of 17.5, at their current Price, it is too excessive.

The stock is now available for you to buy but you don't change your talk.

If it is sent on full bid now, you will be shouting how they did not allow you buy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:42am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

If you are privileged to have MTN prior to listing or enetered at @90 on the day of listing, would you have said all this or would you have sold your shares.

Make una allow us buy in peace...MTN never wanted to list their shares, FG forced them. They have not done any wrong rather blame your govt. and regulators.

Why did FG force them to list?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

Am sorry, maybe you entered above the current price, but it's not late to jump out before the story that touches, if truly their 2018 earning stand at 160b, there are a long way to go, the possibility of visiting below #90 in no distance time is very high.

They are good company, but the over duplicated their 1 unit, imagine 1 unit giving you about 50 unit, PE of below 1 to 17.25 PE at current Price, when ever they finish IPO they seriously need share reconstruction, if the want their share price to be high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:46am On May 27, 2019
GonFreecss1:

In as much as I feel MTN is overvalued, what did they actually do? IMO they did nothing wrong. If there is any wayo, then my bet is on the NSE, SEC and brokers themselves, not MTNN or their shareholders.

Lots of drama.

Good that it was unavailable for a while so that newbies will not be moved to key into it due to the many analysis by Lord Chibuking.

The Lord has stopped chasing suddenly and now seeing values in the stocks he said CEOs sold.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2019
Chibuking81:

Am sorry, maybe you entered above the current price, but it's not late to jump out before the story that touches, if truly their 2018 earning stand at 160b, there are a long way to go, the possibility of visiting below #90 in no distance time is very high.

I am buying MTN today, did not say I have entered the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:48am On May 27, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Lots of drama.

Good that it was unavailable for a while so that newbies will not be moved to key into it due to the many analysis by Lord Chibuking.

The Lord has stopped chasing suddenly and now seeing values in the stocks he said CEOs sold.

Don't mind Chibuking...if the stock goes on bid now, another theory will pop up grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:55am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

There are few people here who blame MTN of wrongdoing. In the grand scheme of things, I am sure they did nothing wrong. What we are talking about is the price, you can buy if you want, if you feel it will go higher fine, the fact that you are defending what you are about to buy or have bought continuously based on the assumption that others will buy higher tells me you yourself are not comfortable, you are wary that you might be wrong. I don't know about others, but I don't talk about assets I feel are undervalued and I am interested in buying, even if people attack it, I will be happier. If you feel MTN is an opportunity, buy it and relax, don't stress yourself. We are all basically competing against each other though. Always remember we can't all buy at the same price and we can't all sell at the same price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:01am On May 27, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Lots of drama.

Hahahahaha I tire en...

People that want to buy MTN should be happy people are saying Negative things about it. If I have all the info and they hit my price range I will buy.

The saying "be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy" is quite a hard quote to practice in real life. People are very emotional. When MTN was pumping like it was on steroids many here wanted to buy, now that it has calmed down small people are already getting cold feet. Very funny investors here. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:02am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

Don't mind Chibuking...if the stock goes on bid now, another theory will pop up grin
Watch my post, I respect peoples opinion because it helps a lot when joining together with ones finding too, even if I disagree with the opinion I do that to be convince and to get more fact to agree. If their story of 2018 change, and it happened that their PAT is around 700 billion, bringing their earning per a share to #40. I will make them 100% of my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:08am On May 27, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2019
People dumping fidelity...make una fear God o! grin grin grin

MTN way grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

My brother, not to discourage you from buying MTNN.
But on the bolded, what you should find out is how much per share is 80% of their dividend at 20bn OS.
It's no longer 407m OS oh!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2019
stcool:

My brother, not to discourage you from buying MTNN.
But on the bolded, what you should find out is how much per share does 80% of their PAT amount to at 20bn OS.
It's no longer 407m OS oh!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2019
stcool:
People dumping fidelity...make una fear God o! grin grin grin

MTN way grin
dumping what? Look well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:49am On May 27, 2019
When Tritri is seeing zenith back to 19.45 instead of below 18

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:05am On May 27, 2019
EKUU Mkt o

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4605) (4606) (4607) (4608) (4609) (4610) (4611) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.