Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,347 members, 7,839,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10987177 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4603) (4604) (4605) (4606) (4607) (4608) (4609) ... (7787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:04am On May 25, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
Events in the last few days has shown that One can never be sure when a bad market will end and a new market will start, so you can’t time the market.
Difficult to neutralize the red colors.
[color=#990000][/color] shocked shocked shocked
ABSOLUTELY
"It is easier to tell what will happen to a stock, but when it will happen no one knows "- Phillips Fisher"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2019
Yayira:

Smh this market.. I remember that post and person too.. reasons why I have involve God seriously in this business.. that person felt bad because the company’s results as at that time was good and money from right issue was supposed to go a long way but instead the company is looking for ways to raise another money.. weytin dem use the first money do, Amarom !
Na only God go help person for this market..
I almost sent my broker buy mandate at 31 slf..

The lamentation was so compelling back then that I almost dived in at above N31.
The watchword that never fails in this market is "Always be yourself".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2019
Mpeace:
foreign investors dumping since 100BC. I thought they left early last year. When did they re enter the market to start dumping again?
We always have foreign investors, even among us like Yayira is among foreign investors cool, we only hear when they left not when they enter. They can go out today and come back tomorrow. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:27am On May 25, 2019
rebekah2011:
https://businessday.ng/lead-story/article/efcc-shuts-down-mtn-nigeria-head-office-for-alleged-fraud/
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Friday raided the MTN Nigeria head office in Falomo Ikoyi Lagos, shutting down all activities in the Complex, BusinessDay has learnt.

Although the reason for the raid could not be ascertained at the time of reporting, BusinessDay, sources say members of the anti-graft agency stormed the telco’s head office, stopping all activities for alleged fraudulent financial activities pertaining to the company’s recent listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

“I believe the EFCC was informed that MTN was manipulating figures and also, maybe because of fraud pertaining to the company’s listing,” the source said.

BusinessDay contacted Funso Aina, MTN’s Public Relations Officer, who neither denied nor admitted that the company was raided, but said: “We will send out a statement to that effect very soon.

"We are big fans of fear and in investing it is clearly better to be SCARED than SORRY "--Seth Klarman

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Who still no believe say Flourmills go reach 12 Lol grin
They hand written has been on the wall since last year, I even posted time without number that they will visit #15 in near future, which they have visited and had overtaken the junction with about 1 kilometer. That's why I hate companies mentioning of right issue in NSE after they might have paid dividend of billions. If I am in any company and they mention right issue, I due quickly liquidate my share in that company and enter a better company.

Most CEO are scammers, we don't hear bonus share again but right issue, that's why I still have regard for Cutix cable that gave bonus recently and still maintain good result.

Instead of rewarding investors with bonus share, the CEO ended up collecting from investors times 10 what they just paid them as dividend, and thereby rendering the worth of the share worthless. The moment a company go for right issue, let say 1 right issue for every 1of existing share, that means that the worth of your share will be reduce to half, also the EPs will reduced by half in the next accounting year.

Like mtn that will soon come for IPO similar to right issue from my view point, its equivalent to right issue because their share have already been listed and already trading in the flour, if for instance they create through IPO another new 20 billion share which will make the number of their outstanding share to come up to 40 billion, that means that existing shareholders worth has technically be reduced to half without compensation. And their EPs will reduce by half.

Too much of illegality is going on in NSE, and Nigeria government suppose to fight it.

Am still surprise at the result released by Access bank in their final year 2018 and q1 2019. Goes by q1 they are competing with Zenith instead of UBA their mate. I keep believing that they did so since internally they have decided to pay #1 to themselves that cross carpets to Diamond bank, and little of 25 kobo to uninformed Access shareholders. and again the did so by cooking their final year and q1 result to maintain the same level with UBA, after accommodating the Diamond reconstructed outstanding share. Meaning that they are still looking for 2019 FY EPs at region of #2+, with lower 2019 FY dividend when compare with UBA on the excuse of balancing up after acquisition of Diamond bank. Manipulation all over.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:22am On May 25, 2019
Yayira:
I don die ooo.. ha! Which kind wahala be this with me and unitedsecuritie !!!
1 naira they don’t want to pay me
Caverton dividend they don’t want to pay me.

I mailed them and copied the mail to SEC ... Na him cold catch them, they paid my access
after calling and begging me and also paid my caverton on the the agm day.

I think they know what they are doing ... I think they are delaying to see if you would worry
them, or forget the money for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:33am On May 25, 2019
veecovee:

I mailed them and copied the mail to SEC ... Na him cold catch them, the paid my access

I think they know what they are doing ... I think they are delaying to see if you would worry

Bra.. You are lucky. SEC is a toothless bull dog.
SEC and it's appendage.. NSE.
They knew that the brokers and registrars are frustrating the E-DIVIDEND initiative. But they choose to do nothing about it.
Despite a valid BVN linked to your Bank account, they will still be requesting for specimen signature. Of what use is specimen signature when your CHN, cscs, Bank account are all linked to your BVN.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:20am On May 25, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

Bra.. You are lucky. SEC is a toothless bull dog.
SEC and it's appendage.. NSE.
They knew that the brokers and registrars are frustrating the E-DIVIDEND initiative. But they choose to do nothing about it.
Despite a valid BVN linked to your Bank account, they will still be requesting for specimen signature. Of what use is specimen signature when your CHN, cscs, Bank account are all linked to your BVN.

OK! May be na my God do am
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:43am On May 25, 2019
Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC
Also, please be informed that Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC is seeking to raise up to ₦12.0bn in the eighth series of its ₦100.0bn Commercial Paper (“CP”) Programme to support its short term funding requirements.

FLOURMILL has turn to Lafarge
Seeking funds every day to run her operations

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:00am On May 25, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC
Also, please be informed that Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC is seeking to raise up to ₦12.0bn in the eighth series of its ₦100.0bn Commercial Paper (“CP”) Programme to support its short term funding requirements.

FLOURMILL has turn to Lafarge
Seeking funds every day to run her operations

These companies are becoming fraud avenues. Run if you can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:02am On May 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by einsteine(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

I am not surprised at dz development. It's impossible to have 2 central banks in Nigeria, minting money simultaneously. I mentioned it in previous posts that the bubble will burst sooner than later.
AT the rate MTNN holders were hoarding and offloading, they will soon mint N15 Trillion from Nigeria economy, the money will end up in the black market and mop up the $s in circulation. It was not a coincidence that the black market rate is now 361 few days after the shareholders of MTNN raked in billions NGN from the listing.
Some even posted on dz platform that critics were jealous of MTNN success while others dubbed contrary views against MTN as analysis paralysis.
I am of the view that something went wrong with the listing. Maybe MTN used some loop holes to their advantages or some unpatriotic Nigeria in SEC and NSE compromised for selfish and personal gains. Of course MTN will always denied wrong doing.
This cannot be the type of listing anticipated by the Nigeria government. A listing that will break the heart of many Nigerians.
A listing the NCC has been silent on.
We are yet to hear the real issue surrounding the listing of MTNN.
The secret of MTN in pocession of the Federal Government of Nigeria might have be the reason they agreed to list in Nigeria,otherwise they might never had agreed in the first place.
The issue might not be a violation of Sims registration rules but a possible tax fraud during the Jonathan Era when corruption was not stealing.
Buhari is just trying to be diplomatic coz of the ripple effects on Nigeria economy, otherwise the government might have suspended the operating license of MTN as a result of possible tax frauds by MTN against the FRN.
We are watching.

You have ZERO evidence for these conjectures.

I am pretty sure if you had been lucky to get MTN shares before the listing, you will be singing a different tune.

@ bolded, what exactly are you talking about? How is MTN listing equated to minting money and being a central bank? Any money made by MTN shareholders was money already in circulation and transferred to them.

MTN shares rose because it was listed at a price existing shareholders were unwilling to sell at.

Warren Buffett has not sold a single share of Berkshire since he acquired majority shares in the company and neither do many of the shareholders. That is why the share is priced at 304,540.00 per share.

I don't think any shareholder is obligated to sell their shares to make you happy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2019
Next week I am buying MTN... Institutional investors will want MTN in their portfolio for long term play.

MTN never wanted to list their shares...FG forced them to it. After listing you cannot force them to selI.

What is it with we Nigerians crying everytime and wanting all things in our favour. MTN has listed and the shareholders have the right to sell or not to sell. Those asking shareholders to sell, if you had shares in MTN below N90 will you have sold on listing.

Same people asking for IPO are the same people that would cry tomorrow that MTN is devaluing their shares by going for IPO if they had shares in MTN.

If MTN S.A decides to leave Nigeria on Monday, how much do you think they would sell their shares?

For me, I will look to buy next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 25, 2019
einsteine:

You have ZERO evidence for these conjectures.

I am pretty sure if you had been lucky to get MTN shares before the listing, you will be singing a different tune.

@ bolded, what exactly are you talking about? How is MTN listing equated to minting money and being a central bank? Any money made by MTN shareholders was money already in circulation and transferred to them.

MTN shares rose because it was listed at a price existing shareholders were unwilling to sell at.

Warren Buffett has not sold a single share of Berkshire since he acquired majority shares in the company and neither do many of the shareholders. That is why the share is priced at 304,540.00 per share.

I don't think any shareholder is obligated to sell their shares to make you happy.

I do not usually respond to contrary view against my view and comments on a faceless social media.
However, I will ask you to reason like an intelligent being which I presumed you are.
From the day 4 of trading MTN I had expressed my view regarding the hoarding of MTNN shares.
I am of the opinion that you are a minority investors with little knowledge in economy of Nigeria.
For your information, the Government of Nigeria that requested for the listing of MTNN in a secret bargain, do have a reason for the conditional listing.
Many people are not aware that listing a company on an exchange is a sure way of minting money.
Yes, MTNN was given the license but as a result of greed, it was being used in such a way that it raises eyebrow all over the nation.
I was d first person to raised the red flag that the government might probe this MTNN listing sooner than later.
Today, the company issued a statement that they are being investigated by efcc.
I did not send efcc to MTNN nor am I bloomberg.com that reported the story. I am just an intelligent investor who try to protect his money despite not afraid to loose it.
My view about MTNN was never forced on you nor did I tell you not to buy at whatever price you choose to buy.
I am surprised that you are taking my comments personal as if I posted it to you when I had never seen your pro MTN face before.
I will advise you to sleep and wake up again if that will make you to calm down.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:02pm On May 25, 2019
stcool:
Next week I am buying MTN... Institutional investors will want MTN in their portfolio for long term play.

MTN never wanted to list their shares...FG forced them to it. After listing you cannot force them to selI.

What is it with we Nigerians crying everytime and wanting all things in our favour. MTN has listed and the shareholders have the right to sell or not to sell. Those asking shareholders to sell, if you had shares in MTN below N90 will you have sold on listing.

Same people asking for IPO are the same people that would cry tomorrow that MTN is devaluing their shares by going for IPO if they had shares in MTN.

If MTN S.A decides to leave Nigeria on Monday, how much do you think they would sell their shares?

Have you finished buying Dangote flour? If you change ur mind abt Dangote flour, please let me know so I can sell the small one I've bought so far.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 25, 2019
Deadlytruth:

The lamentation was so compelling back then that I almost dived in at above N31.
The watchword that never fails in this market is "Always be yourself".

That is it! Being oneself.. BBM will say trade your plan, plan your trade.. the fundamentals upon which fair prices were given then, changed within a wink of an eye!.. stock price from 34 to 12 and will still fall.. someone here regretted sell his at 34 I think I was tritritri.. smh God help us oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 25, 2019
Chibuking81:

We always have foreign investors, even among us like Yayira is among foreign investors cool, we only hear when they left not when they enter. They can go out today and come back tomorrow. grin

Abi oo me too be foreign investor..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:53pm On May 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 25, 2019
veecovee:

I mailed them and copied the mail to SEC ... Na him cold catch them, they paid my access

They know what they are doing and I’ve prepared something for them.. they saw a non resident address and think they can sideline my money.. I ready for dem
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:33pm On May 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:52pm On May 25, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2019
Yayira:

Abi oo me too be foreign investor..
Yes na grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2019
stcool:

Same people asking for IPO are the same people that would cry tomorrow that's MTN is devaluing their shares by going for IPO if they had shares in MTN.

Please hold on, look for other better stock like Fidelity, FCMB, UBA, Zenith bank that will possibly give you 100% and 70% respectively with dividend attached to it on or before next 10 months. Ucheson was having the same ideology in Oando as you are having now in mtn, when Oando was at #20+ and he was hoping to see it at #100 within some period, only to find Oando at #3, from all the information gathered mtn listed overvalued/overpriced stock. It would have been better they reconstructed it to 2 billion outstanding share and listed the price at #400, then its EPs will stand at #80 than 20 billion outstanding share. The splitting of their share was done in excess.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2019
austinkenneth:

Have you finished buying Dangote flour? If you change ur mind abt Dangote flour, please let me know so I can sell the small one I've bought so far.

I have it loaded in my portfolio... me sell ke!

I am waiting for OLAMS to credit me with my N25, I am guessing final deal should be announced in June, before or after the Salah break after.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2019
Chibuking81:

Please hold on Ucheson was having the same ideology in Oando at #20 hoping to see it at #100, only to find Oando at #3, from all the information gathered mtn listed overvalued stock. It would have been better they reconstructed it to 2 billion outstanding share and list the price at #400, then it EPs will stand at #80 than 20 billion outstanding share. The splitting of their share was done in excess.

MTN did not commit any offense so long as they listed my introduction... Abi no be Nigeria. EFCC will do nothing and can do nothing. Watch as everything die down next week. Did all the regulatory body not give go ahead prior to listing?

My brother nothing will happen, just look for a good price and enter next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2019
stcool:

MTN did not commit any offense so long as they listed my introduction... Abi no be Nigeria. EFCC will do nothing and can do nothing. Watch as everything die down next week. Did all the regulatory body not give go ahead prior to listing?

My brother nothing will happen, just look for a good price and enter next week.
The problem is not the EFCC http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/26255_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2019.pdf
EFCC are just doing their job. But problem here is the real value of their stock, 20 billion outstanding share makes their current market value overvalued. #160 billion earning divided by 20 billion unit of share is #8 earning per a share, almost equivalent to Stanbic bank with market price of #42, FY EPs of #7.04 , even Okomo oil of #74 with EPs of #8.91, Okomo oil has higher EPs than mtn. Meaning that mtn should be competing around #40 - #70, with 20 billion outstanding share.

Remember that they will soon come with IPO, which will further reduce their earning per a share after adding new created share to existing share, maybe this time to #5, and GTB and Zenith will have more earning than them. They are good company but the number of outstanding share listed is too voluminous. Before this year ending watch and see their price will come down below #100, also shortly after IPO it will come down the more to #50/#70.

So know what you are buying, in NSE things are changing, stock participants are becoming wiser unlike before, upon the high presence of manipulation going on, investors and traders know what they are buying. But when one fail to follow up, he will become the victim of pump and dump.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2019
WEEKEND TONIC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2019
Chibuking81:

The problem is not the EFCC http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/26255_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2019.pdf
EFCC are just doing their job. But problem here is the real value of their stock, 20 billion outstanding share makes their current market value overvalued. #160 billion earning divided by 20 billion unit of share is #8 earning per a share, almost equivalent to Stanbic bank with market price of #42, FY EPs of #7.04 , even Okomo oil of #74 with EPs of #8.91, Okomo oil has higher EPs than mtn. Meaning that mtn should be competing around #40 - #70, with 20 billion outstanding share.

Remember that they will soon come with IPO, which will further reduce their earning per a share after adding new created share to existing share, maybe this time to #5, and GTB and Zenith will have more earning than them. They are good company but the number of outstanding share listed is too voluminous. Before this year ending watch and see their price will come down below #100, also shortly after IPO it will come down the more to #50/#70.

So know what you are buying, in NSE things are changing, stock participants are becoming wiser unlike before, upon the high presence of manipulation going on, investors and traders know what they are buying. But when one fail to follow up, he will become the victim of pump and dump.

MTN IPO is not happening anytime soon... They aren't stupid. They may sell some units to institutional investors at any agreed price. IPO is far from the table for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:54pm On May 25, 2019
PETERiCHY:
WEEKEND TONIC

Great Anthem for Uniondiag holders! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 8:14pm On May 25, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

Lol. This sounds ominous.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

lol. That train is on a very long tunnel. It might never...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4603) (4604) (4605) (4606) (4607) (4608) (4609) ... (7787) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: imoh81(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.