Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10872009 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) ... (7749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:46am On Jun 08, 2019
Japaul office in Ikeja taken over by the court...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2019
Coolcash1:
Japaul office in Ikeja taken over by the court...
this is an old news,coolcash.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2019
OakPearl:
Patriotism nonesense?
Just understand the point being raised first; which is that a telecom company that just got listed borrowed N400bn (in 2018 & 2019) and suddenly qualifies to apply for a banking license!
If it were in well regulated economies, will the regulators even consider such?
By the way, there are Nigerian banks and businesses scattered all over Africa and the world. You make it look like Nigerian businesses dont exist outside our shores.
Lol. The guy's response was funny.
So he doesn't see anything wrong in a telecoms company divesting into banking and, as if that's not enough, pursuing banking licence barely few weeks after listing their Nigerian arm. What's the correlation btw the two industry if I may ask?
Guess he's a South African who's just out to defend anything they do even if dem dey p.o.o for people's head self. Orisirisi something. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2019
phemmie06:
Ẹkú àbọ̀
Na greeting the guy wan chop ni abi make you help his ministry. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2019
stcool:
In summary, in the world of investing you must pay school fees, but God will not allow you repeat any class grin grin grin Goodluck!
Lol. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:33am On Jun 08, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
this is an old news,coolcash.

Oh, sorry about that. Thought it’s a new development about the coy so that people in the bus can have a rethink.

Thanks anyways.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2019
Coolcash1:

Oh, sorry about that. Thought it’s a new development about the coy so that people in the bus can have a rethink.

Thanks anyways.
no,what I meant was that this news might have been priced in.my very good friend chunkuli alerted me via whatsapp to this back in April,the stock fired afterwards even after the news.juju stocks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2019
I don't see the big deal in the banking license MTN applied for. It's a Payment Service Bank License and the financial requirements is what some people in this forum can meet easily.

Application fee : 500,000

License fee : 2,000,000

Minimum Capital: 5,000,000

Attached to this post are eligible promoters for PSBs.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dunkofia20:
Please some people talk of Tuition fees what did they mean by that

If I were u I will bring out 250k and d remaining 750k I will buy tbills with it........ After a year you will understand that acronym tuition fee better........ Only those that have learnt how to control their emotions and mouse in the face of volatile stock prices know what tuition means

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
einsteine:

It's a payment service bank strictly for payments and to operate only in rural areas not a full banking license.

By the way, all this patriotism nonsense miss the point. As long as the customer gets quality service, it doesn't matter if the business is from Pluto. If Nigerian firms were expanding to other African countries, we would have understood the folly of criticising South African companies just because they are South African

My brother I wish the world plays pure Capitalism where customer is king but hell no It doesn't, what do you think is the cause of beef between China and the US... It's nothing other than control of the Chinese people which the US wants for itself but can't....

I only pity the regulators that want to believe those in the poorest of rural areas are lower Nigerians compared to their Urban counterparts......when Mtn start making billions off them, everyone now wears the hat of one Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
maishai:

My brother I wish the world plays pure Capitalism where customer is king but hell no It doesn't, what do you think is the cause of beef between China and the US... It's nothing other than control of the Chinese people which the US wants for itself but can't....

I only pity the regulators that want to believe those in the poorest of rural areas are lower Nigerians compared to their Urban counterparts......when Mtn start making billions off them, everyone now wears the hat of one Nigeria

My brother, I realised speaking with benefit of hindsight can lead to being misunderstood a lot of times.
In the end, when the trouble comes, it will be too late.
I don choose to leave the matter.
God help 9ja.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
Abeg no trust me o, just keep trusting that person, las las you will hear when she he's out ....Wale Tinubu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
makashava:
Abeg no trust me o, just keep trusting that person, las las you will hear when she he's out ....Wale Tinubu
wink tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
OakPearl:
My brother, I realised speaking with benefit of hindsight can lead to being misunderstood a lot of times.
In the end, when the trouble comes, it will be too late. I don choose to leave the matter. God help 9ja.
there's no need keeping back words, you said it as it is.
Anyone not pleased with it should deal with it. Afterall, whatever they say is their opinion too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
It is not whether you’re right or wrong that is important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you are wrong …….. George Soros

Happy weekend, bnsitl.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
The way some people will talk about your portfolio, you’ll begin to wonder if they were the ones that bought your stocks for you..
I no get Oando be say I no get Oando.. if you and your partner no believe, that one na una business..
if you are doing this so I’ll show you what’s in my portfolio like you made me do last year, then you’ll wait forever..

I’ve advised you before and I’ll advise you again, the earlier you concentrate on what you came here for, the better for you.. as in you’ll stop buying high to sell low and rebuy low to sell lower.

I no be like you wey Dey jump into stocks anyhow.. I choose my battles wisely

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
Yayira:
The way some people will talk about your portfolio, you’ll begin to wonder if they were the ones that bought your stocks for you..
I no get Oando be say I no get Oando.. if you and your partner no believe, that one na una business..
if you are doing this so I’ll show you what’s in my portfolio like you made me do last year, then you’ll wait forever..

I’ve advised you before and I’ll advise you again, the earlier you concentrate on what you came here for, the better for you.. as in you’ll stop buying high to sell low and rebuy low to sell lower.

Go and sleep joor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 09, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Go and sleep joor

You dey read all her post wey she dey use find trouble, you no talk anything oo.. as yayira don post her own now you say make I go sleep.. ok oo I don go sleep..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2019
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:18am On Jun 09, 2019
Does any one have any update on AIICO and their plan to fleece the retail shareholders thorough:
(1) Special private placement
(2) Modifying articles of association as they deem fit
(3) Technical service agreement with a phoney company?

While we are talking about Oando, a big time fvcking of shareholders is about to commence in AIICO and virtually no one is trying to stop it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:12am On Jun 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:09am On Jun 09, 2019
*Peeps from za oza room*

Ehhnnn, what do you expect before when you dey disturb us Yayi, na me our husband go support na. Don't be jelux, go and wait for your week and if you no see sleep sleep, make you dey watch film. tongue

*Back to biz*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2019
Mcy56:
*Peeps from za oza room*

Ehhnnn, what do you expect before when you dey disturb us Yayi, na me our husband go support na. Don't be jelux, go and wait for your week and if you no see sleep sleep, make you dey watch film. tongue

*Back to biz*
This my class mate, I just peep your dp to see the face of de person wey dey shake table this early Sunday morning. Wetin I see for there ehh...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 09, 2019
Please quick question. Thank you.

I would like to know if the SEC has some exemptions for a startup fund manager, if the primary purpose is to manage a mix of equity and fixed income investments only on behalf of QUALIFIED INVESTORS.

The reason is that I don't have up to N150 million. That is the minimum amount required to file for a fund/portfolio manager license with the SEC.

Thank you again.

cc:
wanaj0
RabbiDoracle
Sagamite
Jarus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2019
Yayira:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mcy56:
*Peeps from za oza room*

*Back to biz*

How she go see sleep when you are damaging her portfolio in that room? grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. The guy's response was funny.
So he doesn't see anything wrong in a telecoms company divesting into banking and, as if that's not enough, pursuing banking licence barely few weeks after listing their Nigerian arm. What's the correlation btw the two industry if I may ask?
Guess he's a South African who's just out to defend anything they do even if dem dey p.o.o for people's head self. Orisirisi something. grin

Frankly I don't see anything wrong with a telecom company applying for a payment service bank licence. It's all about leveraging their digital capabilities and deepening financial inclusion. Even full scale banks are in some of partnerships with most of the telecom companies for customer acquisition and payment services. As a matte fact you can enjoy limited cash withdrawal services from even petrol filling stations using their POS.

As per OAKPearl's point on their borrowing N400 or is N200 billion, which you quoted, there is also nothing unusual about that. This year alone, Union, Sterling and Stanbic IBTC banks have all borrowed monies from the public via commercial papers.

I think it's all about choosing the best financing from the wide range of available choices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
paulcr7:
I use Afrinvest. They are cool too

Likewise myself.

But their minimum entry na that same 5 milla na.

At least when I joined them in 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
austinkenneth:
Does any one have any update on AIICO and their plan to fleece the retail shareholders thorough
(1) Special private placement
(2) Modifying articles of association as they deem fit
(3) Technical service agreement with a phoney company?

While we are talking about Oando, a big time fvcking of shareholders is about to commence in AIICO and virtually no one is trying to stop it.

Wow, thanks boss!

Jied some few units last week.

Monday morning Jo straight.

Make I see money at all abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
DeRuggedProf:
How she go see sleep when you are damaging her portfolio in that room? grin
Lol. Make she learn to dey sleep o, make her body no come dey hot anyhow cos me I dey sleep wella wen e reach her turn.
Somebody wey suppose dey thank me for portfolio sharing and management self. grin
Yayi come and collect your 'portfolio' o, Im done for this week, I no wan responsible for someone having insomnia. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) ... (7749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talktofemi, LILBIMS, Nichee, Mfunkynation(m), debeey87(m), sterlingD(m), handsomebolanle, eziokwunwoko(m), Redoil, ndept, Hajicairo(m), Blackman101, Babynerd, Princkez and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.