Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11579855 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) (4644) ... (8205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mpeace:
This my class mate, I just peep your dp to see the face of de person wey dey shake table this early Sunday morning. Wetin I see for there ehh...
Lol. You see fine pinshure bah. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
austinkenneth:
Does any one have any update on AIICO and their plan to fleece the retail shareholders thorough
(1) Special private placement
(2) Modifying articles of association as they deem fit
(3) Technical service agreement with a phoney company?
While we are talking about Oando, a big time fvcking of shareholders is about to commence in AIICO and virtually no one is trying to stop it.
Na wa o. Why are these coys suffering their shellhodrs like this now?
Someone will jejely buy a stock with his/her hard earned money just to wake up one morning and start hearing non.s.en.ce stories. undecided
Although some people foresaw Aiico's woes before now due to their numerous private placement and fund raising.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mcy56:

Na greeting the guy wan chop ni abi make you help his ministry. grin
Big Sis. According to what you have taught me in the class. Ladies first which FBNH overhead you and changed to You first

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
Oando Given Fair Hearing, Sanctions Won’t be Reversed–SEC
https://businesspost.ng/2019/06/09/oando-given-fair-hearing-sanctions-wont-be-reversed-sec/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. You see fine pinshure bah. grin
No be small thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
dipoolowoo:
https://businesspost.ng/2019/06/09/oando-given-fair-hearing-sanctions-wont-be-reversed-sec/
At this junction what happen next? Who is holding the CEO mantle of Oando now, is it Wale or Sunmonu ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Chibuking81:

At this junction what happen next? Who is holding the CEO mantle of Oando now, is it Wale or Sunmonu ?
I can't stop imagining how the AGM will look like but with the rubber stamp shareholders association it might be business as usual.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcr7: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
DaV8King:

Likewise myself.

But their minimum entry na that same 5 milla na.

At least when I joined them in 2014

They now have three separate options. One for students, one for young professionals and one for big men like you. I started with just 15k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
phemmie06:

I can't stop imagining how the AGM will look like but with the rubber stamp shareholders association it might be business as usual.

It will be royal rumble
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
paulcr7:

They now have three separate options. One for students, one for young professionals and one for big men like you. I started with just 15k

Correct, but I don't know their limits for the other 2 tbh.

Baba me I small o.

I just went to put one windfall I got that time there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
phemmie06:

Those guys will make silly money sha from vote swinging.

Volpi vs Mangal, no be small fight o.

Hopefully Mr Sunmonu or whomever will superintend the AGM will be fair.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:28am On Jun 10, 2019
dipoolowoo:
https://thenationonlineng.net/sec-on-oando-we-followed-due-process/

SEC on Oando: we followed due process
Moses Emorinken, Abuja by Moses Emorinken, Abuja June 10, 2019 in Business, News Update

Allegations that due and statutory processes were not followed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the investigation of Oando Plc were debunked at the weekend.

Debunking the allegations in statement by its Head of Corporate Communications of the Commission, Mrs. Efe Ebelo, the Commission emphasized that it abided by the fundamental principle of fair hearing in the entire phases of the investigation.

The statement reads: “The attention of the SEC has been drawn to various reports questioning the regulatory authority of the SEC, and insinuating lack of due process in the investigations of Oando Plc.

“To put the records straight, the SEC hereby states as follows: Fair hearing is a paramount and fundamental principle, which the Commission as a law abiding agency adheres to in all its investigative processes.

“In the course of the investigations, communications e.g. letters and phone calls were exchanged and meetings held between the Commission and Oando Plc, requesting for its comments and explanations on issues relating to the investigations.

“The finding of the Commission was communicated to the Group Chief Executive Officer of Oando Plc by a letter dated July 10, 2017.

“The Commission subsequently engaged Deloitte & Touche to conduct a Forensic Audit of the activities of Oando Plc.

“In the course of conducting the audit, Deloitte & Touche held regular sessions with members of the Board and senior management of Oando Plc, and afforded them the opportunity to provide explanations on issues relating to the investigation.

“The Commission confirms that Oando Plc was given sufficient opportunity of being heard and accorded several opportunities to rebut the issues revealed by the investigation.”

The SEC explained that the responses given by Oando Plc, were, however, considered unsatisfactory; prompting the Commission’ decision by to penalise the company and some of the individuals related to it for violations of securities laws.

The statement went further: “The actions of the Commission were properly effected pursuant to the provisions of the Investments & Securities Act (ISA) 2007 and the SEC Rules and Regulations made pursuant to the ISA 2007.

“These facts have been properly articulated in the court process filed at the Federal High Court by the Commission in response to the suit instituted by the Group Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Group Chief Executive officer of Oando Plc.

“As the apex regulator of the Nigerian capital market, the Commission has a mandate to protect investors.

“The Commission’s recent action on Oando Plc aligns with the above cardinal mandate, as the directive for the removal of persons from the board of Oando Plc and the appointment of an interim management team to temporarily steer the affairs of the company is to protect investors and preserve stakeholder value.

“Failure, or refusal of the Commission to act in the face of the serious issues thrown up by the investigations or to reverse its directives, would undermine the Federal Government’s agenda to build strong institutions and promote the transparency and integrity of the Nigerian capital market, especially given that, these are preconditions for attracting foreign investors to the Nigerian capital market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:35am On Jun 10, 2019
Mcy56:

Na wa o. Why are these coys suffering their shellhodrs like this now?
Someone will jejely buy a stock with his/her hard earned money just to wake up one morning and start hearing non.s.en.ce stories. undecided
Although some people foresaw Aiico's woes before now due to their numerous private placement and fund raising.

Na so we see am oooo. No one is trying to stop it I don't know if Dupeodus is till on their case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:46am On Jun 10, 2019
https://africanfinancials.com/oando-nigeria-to-hold-42nd-agm-on-june-11th/
Will tomorrow 42 general meeting of Oando hold? And if it will hold, who will preside over the meeting? Is it the sacked director or the acting director?.
I personal feel that, tomorrow will be the best opportunity to conduct election for the new CEO.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2019
I rather foresee a bullish week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2019
Bomboclad:
I rather foresee a bullish week.

Please where you see am I beg I wan jump from fence enter ooo!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:22am On Jun 10, 2019
phemmie06:

There is a court order pending a hearing from both parties and is slated for June 14th...anything that happens before that hearing will not hold.
It can be challenged in the courts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2019
A battle is going on in AIICO... price has remains stagnant for some time.

I swear this board is wicked grin grin grin

N/B - Only watching, I don't own it yet!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2019
SEC has suspended the upcoming AGM at OandO till post court date.

New date to be announced.

Source: Boason Omafaye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2019
Oando tomorrow scheduled meetings has been suspended by SEC....
Source Channels TV
Boason
Chibuking81:
Will tomorrow 42 general meeting of Oando hold? And if it will hold, who will preside over the meeting? Is it the sacked director or the acting director?.
I personal feel that, tomorrow will be the best opportunity to conduct election for the new CEO.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Chibuking81:

The meeting has been suspended by the SEC !!
A new date shall be announced in due course.

Those here are simply gambling. ...risk premium is a bit too high.
Best to remain on the side line for now. There are other better and far healthier coys that one can permute from in the market right now !!

It is well !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 10 JUNE 2019

MSCI on 7 June sold Guinness & Unilever. Market is in stage 1, will likely be ranging.

Chart is indicating a high probability of Monday being a down day.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2019
Press Release On Suspension Of The Annual General Meeting Of Oando.

The Securities & Exchange Commission (‘the Commission’) hereby notifies the public that further to the Ex-parte Order of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi Lagos in SUIT NO: FHC/L/CS/910/19 IN MR. JUBRIL ADEWALE TINUBU & ANOR V SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION & ANOR, the Annual General Meeting of Oando Plc (a company listed on the Nigerian and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges) scheduled to hold at the Zinnia Hall, Eko Hotels and Suites, Plot 1415, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 10: 00am has been suspended till further notice.

Accordingly, the Commission has directed the suspension of the Annual General Meeting of Oando Plc to allow the parties maintain status quo.

The Commission will update relevant stakeholders and the public on the outcome of the ongoing litigation.

Signed
Management
June 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2019
stcool:

There is a court order pending a hearing from both parties and is slated for June 14th...anything that happens before that hearing will not hold.
It can be challenged in the courts.
So Oando is on auto pilot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2019
phemmie06:

So Oando is on auto pilot

Wale would still be in-charge low key while looking for a soft landing....He would definitely go,but will look for a soft landing!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2019
stcool:

Wale would still be in-charge low key while looking for a soft landing....He would definitely go,but will look for a soft landing!

Eventually, all issues will be settled politically, how I wish it ended being settled criminally.
Greedy boy!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

Eventually, all issues will be settled politically, how I wish it ended being settled criminally.
Greedy boy!

Very correct, that is why Nigeria remains the way it is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2019
I am an advanced Chartist, so I can tell.

aremso:

Please where you see am I beg I wan jump from fence enter ooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) (4643) (4644) ... (8205) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1jboi, MrDiligence, emmaodet, kollingz(m), Jerry59, Hedgefunds, Alagbalaowo, ositadima1(m), awesomeJ(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.