Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10895559 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) (4671) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

As the guy don return, I knew he go destroy ucap and afriprud

Tony right now looking at the shellholders

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mpeace:
What, in your opinion would inspire this recovery you write about? You and I know that bubu is never going to resign, and thats the only thing that can save the economy.

Naira's weakness will eventually work in our favour, bubu or not.
When ZAR, KSH and GHC become too expensive for the portfolio gods, then we shall smile.

We also know how resourceful our people can be.
These two will bring about some kind of recovery, of an indeterminate time frame.

I do agree though, that strong leadership and policy direction is needed for any long-term recovery.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
robobo:

my oga i agree with you. that is what is already even in place going by present requirement

but it wld be absurd to stipulate $1b (N360b) capital base for bank in Nigeria even where they are international.

that is where my thinking is coming from (that it shld not materially affect the FUGAZ much) becos the minimum in that space is already > 360b

Why?!

If we have more than 3 banks (FUGAZ) that presently have depositors fund in excess of US$5 billion EACH, I think it is reasonable.

Be adequately capitalized for the work you wanna do.

Can't we see how even the NGN 25 billion was to small when the proverbial s**t hit the fan in 2009?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
DaV8King:

Why?!

If we have more than 3 banks (FUGAZ) that presently have depositors fund in excess of US$5 billion EACH, I think it is reasonable.

Be adequately capitalized for the work you wanna do.

Can't we see how even the NGN 25 billion was to small when the proverbial s**t hit the fan in 2009?

my chief you do have a point and i am already readjusting my perspective on same was initailly looking at it from an absolute basis and not relative

particular on that aspect of having more than $5b asset / depositors fund

but still optimal use of capital must also be put in perspective

Basle II and III still stipulate circa 8% capital for every asset a bank hold

$1b capital to $5b asset wld give abt 20% which might not be a optimal use of capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
robobo:

my chief you do have a point and i am already readjusting my perspective on same was initailly looking at it from an absolute basis and not relative

particular on that aspect of having more than $5b asset / depositors fund

but still optimal use of capital must also be put in perspective

Basle II and III still stipulate circa 8% capital for every asset a bank hold

$1b capital to $5b asset wld give abt 20% which might not be a optimal use of capital
[b][/b]

Plus Nigerian factor of 5%, and you will see the CBN is making sense wink angry angry angry

IMO, the CBN itself should be recapitalized.

How can you be funding a US$400 billion economy with a capital base of NGN 100 billion?!!

As it stands, any of the FUGAZ can technically buy the CBN without even denting their liquidity.

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
Airtel plan to list share between N363 and N454 per share through a book building process, exclusively for high networth individuals....

https://guardian.ng/business-services/airtel-nigerias-ipo-exclusively-for-high-net-worth-investors/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Zenter-System&utm_campaign=%2318371+%3D%3E+MORNING+NEWS+HEADLINES+&utm_content=91703c13d2a63a3ec463db5ebbebfe405601c186
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
DeRuggedProf:
So you go redeeming the redeemed? grin
Are you an atheist or agnostic or you belong to same sect with Rationalmind? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
Na zenith get today with cross bids.
This is planting season, some smart guys quietly taking position in some necessary stocks, lets see what happens after they buy finish. smiley
Someone will tell me they are running away now. What about those running in?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
DaV8King:

Plus Nigerian factor of 5%, and you will see the CBN is making sense wink angry angry angry

How can you be funding a US$400 billion economy with a capital base of NGN 100 billion?!!

As it stands, any of the FUGAZ can technically buy the CBN without even denting their liquidity.

Na wa o

my oga hw for do naaa

wetin u mention / recommend above na him be hunter become the hunted

in short Overtake Don Overtake Overtake (ODOO)

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
I do not get the part that says the new investor needs to acquire more shares to have a majority stake. The new investor already has 75%, will they want to buy out others at N66 per share. This question is hard to answer for now.
Princkez:
https://nairametrics.com/2019/06/24/forte-oils-majority-shareholder-to-acquire-fresh-n22-billion-worth-of-shares/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
DaV8King:

As it stands, [b]any of the FUGAZ can technically buy the CBN [/b]without even denting their liquidity.

Na wa o

Hard truth, albeit technical.
But doesnt potend any danger as long as they remain regulators.
Its the case with lots of US coys.
When I first realised a few years back that Apple Inc. could buy the US "Central Bank" my jaw dropped.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
OakPearl:

When I first realised a few years back that Apple Inc. could buy the US "Central Bank" my jaw dropped.

Omo! My jaw still dey ground as I read this oo.. Apple inc ? Can buy US central bank? shocked too much money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Princkez:
https://nairametrics.com/2019/06/24/forte-oils-majority-shareholder-to-acquire-fresh-n22-billion-worth-of-shares/

Don't you just love the NSE...I always knew they must close the gap. They cannot buy at N66 from Ote$ and allow the price to remain at N30 below their investment price, that is a loss to them.

This the best time to accumulate FO, below their deal price. They must close the price gap... Another DF grin

Meanwhile expecting DF deal announcement anytime soon. The trade in recent times say so!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
DaV8King:

Na wa o

Lolz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
stcool:

Don't you just love the NSE...I always knew they must close the gap. They cannot buy at N66 from Ote$ and allow the price to remain at N30 below their investment price, that is a loss to them.

This the best time to accumulate FO, below their deal price. They must close the price gap... Another DF grin

Meanwhile expecting DF deal announcement anytime soon. The trade in recent times say so!

On DF, it’s certain the final price is more than 20 naira.. looking at the current price and people still willing to pay high..
Enjoy Stcool.. grin grin
I don dull myself for this one but it’s all good
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chai, na so we miss FO oh. Double double awoof. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Yayira:

Omo! My jaw still dey ground as I read this oo.. Apple inc ? Can buy US central bank? shocked too much money

My dear, no worry I go epp u pick am up.
I bn need epp too. grin
The matter weak me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
jideflash:
Chai, na so we miss FO oh. Double double awoof. embarassed

I was able to get some tashere units last week for jijo, after one oga discouraged me from buying that the price will go lower. I always knew they would need to close price gap!

I feel bad and it was a perfect jijo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
OakPearl:

US$ 225 billion in cash and liquid assets
US$ 74 billion in SHARE BUYBACKS!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/apple-now-has-225-billion-cash-on-hand.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
robobo:

my oga hw for do naaa

wetin u mention / recommend above na him be hunter become the hunted

in short Overtake Don Overtake Overtake (ODOO)

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Na so we see am o........like OakPearl said, so far they remain impartial regulators, we go dey alright las las.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
stcool:

I was able to get some tashere units last week for jijo, after one oga discouraged me from buying that the price will go lower. I always knew they would need to close price gap!

I feel bad and it was a perfect jijo grin grin grin

Don't regret yet. Remember MOBIL?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
Thank you, Prof. I look at the news as monkey hunting from some guys.
DeRuggedProf:

Don't regret yet. Remember MOBIL?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
rebekah2011:
Thank you, Prof. I look at the news as monkey hunting from some guys.

i think buying the remaining 25% wld be applicable if dey intend to delist cos with the 75% dey are already in clear majority

They might even need to sell down some if the remaining 25% is in the hand of strategic bloc in other to maintain regulatory free float

n.b my tot i might be wrong so pple with deeper regulatory insight should shed more light
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
robobo:

i think buying the remaining 25% wld be applicable if dey intend to delist cos with the 75% dey are already in clear majority

They might even need to sell down some if the remaining 25% is in the hand of strategic bloc in other to maintain regulatory free float

n.b my tot i might be wrong so pple with deeper regulatory insight should shed more light

Investor just bought 75% at N66 and you are talking about sell down.

The only logical thing is they want to acquire the company 100% and delist.

Whichever way they want to see it above their purchase price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
DaV8King:

US$ 225 billion in cash and liquid assets
US$ 74 billion in SHARE BUYBACKS!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/apple-now-has-225-billion-cash-on-hand.html

That's the 2018 GDP of some African countries put together!
Isn't it amazing what limitless capabilities is in man?
To just cool down and create a business, not a nation this humongous!
Honestly bro, boys make money, men create wealth. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
stcool:

Investor just bought 75% at N66 and you are talking about sell down.

The only logical thing is they want to acquire the company 100% and delist.

Whichever way they want to see it above their purchase price.

my Oga i no dey fight u naaaa

i was only making you to see d whole spectrum

the rule qouted by nairametrics was thus "Section 131 of the Investment and Securities Act, as well as Rule 445 of the Securities and Exchange Commission, requires anybody or any organisation that acquires at least 30% stake in a company to make an MTO to other minority shareholders"

from the above rule then as stated by prof Nipco should have bought out other shareholder because it bought 60% from Mobil but as we all witness Mobil never did any MTO

the reason above is why i stated that the clause might only be applicable if they intend to delist

but as stated earlier those are my opinion pple with better knowledge of the regulation might shed more light on it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
CHAI.......

E no easy.....

United Registrar has finally paid me all my outstnding dividends today after months of battle with them...

The united securities registrar protocol is too stressful......

To God be the Glory....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ALSO INCLUDED YOU AND ME, WHILE HE WAS PRAYING
FOR HIS DISCIPLES, MORE THAN 2000YRS AGO. HE PRAYED THAT WE WOULD ALL ...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/22#79633271
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

So you go redeeming the redeemed? grin

... redeemed into basketmouth ministry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) (4671) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, bolton08(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.