Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10890500 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyamhe: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Guy do you have any means of reaching them, i am facing issues with them
ukay2:
CHAI.......

E no easy.....

United Registrar has finally paid me all my outstnding dividends today after months of battle with them...

The united securities registrar protocol is too stressful......

To God be the Glory....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
any news on transcorp payment for afam power plant
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
yesterday i asked for investment advice on buy recommendation for caverton. no response.
pls i need advice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
valentinenwoko:
yesterday i asked for investment advice on buy recommendation for caverton. no response.
pls i need advice

Its a long term good buy.
Personally, I like it around N2.15.
I hate family businesses though.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
Caverton is a good buy. EPS is solid with ongoing contracts with NNPC, shell, Chevron (500m usd), nigeria airforce, LASG RRS, and other big players.

Caverton will be launching their aircraft maintenance subsidiary this year, which is currently ready for commissioning.

Exciting times ahead. Book your flight ticket now.

valentinenwoko:
pls i need advice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
valentinenwoko:
pls i need advice

Also, don't buy as if it's your money they have to use to complete their ever under construction maintenance facility.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Gerrard59(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

If a firm gives a dividend of 300 kobo per share and I own 1,400 worth of shares, am I getting #420 or #42,000 as returns? If it's the former, how much number of shares is it economically best to buy as a first time investor into the market?

I ask because I find the dividend returns absurd and would like to know the amount of shares to purchase which will be significantly higher.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
It's almost here. grin better start loading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5FbA2_cjMU

DeRuggedProf:

Also, don't buy as if it's your money they have to use to complete their ever under construction maintenance facility.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gerrard59:
Hello everyone,

If a firm gives a dividend of 300 kobo per share and I own 1,400 worth of shares, am I getting #420 or #42,000 as returns? If it's the former, how much number of shares is it economically best to buy as a first time investor into the market?

I ask because I find the dividend returns absurd and would like to know the amount of shares to purchase which will be significantly higher.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Desanta(m): 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gerrard59:
Hello everyone,

You get #4,200.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

UNBIASED REPORTAGE
People of God, I am done with my findings on Airtel Africa regarding this IPO.
Current dividend yield hovers around 5%ish.
For those who need to make their investment decision before IPO closes on Thursday, please find below:

The estimated Earnings Per Share (EPS) for Airtel Africa based on the issued share capital of 3.7bn shares and US$450m profit is US$0.12.
Converted to Naira, EPS is between N37.20 and N43.90 based on the Official and NAFEX exchange rates respectively.
We estimate the P/E ratio at 9.8x and 10.3x respectively.
According to the IPO prospectus, the company intends to pay 80% of consolidated free cashflow as dividend.
However, the dividend pay-out is dependent on a leverage ratio between 2.5x and 3.5x.
This ratio is currently at 3.01x, so we estimate dividend per share (US$0.07) to be N20.10 and N23.72 based on Official and NAFEX exchange rates respectively
Based on the offer price of N363-N454, this translates to a dividend yield of 5.5% and 5.2% respectively.

You are the CEO of your life! grin

Thanks for this.
Please can you verify for us:
1. how much was used to service debt in the last financial year?
2. Are all the offer proceeds billed for debt payment? If not, could you share the plan for the proceeds? The percentage that will be used to pay down debt.
3. Does the 3.7b OS factor in the shares being issued? Because, the image shared here suggests so.
4. Kindly DM me the contact of Afrinvest.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mcy56:
This kobo issue again. Lol. Na oga Oracle go solve this one o. smiley
I thought it should be 1,400 x 0.03 which is equal to 42naira.

You converted 300kobo to 3naira x 1400 ??

300 kobo equals 3 naira cheesy

300 kobo multiplied by 1400 equals 420000 kobo

420,000 kobo equals N4200

that's my analogy sha

I no sabi maths tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

I can send to your email if you drop your add.

chillykelly86@yahoo.com

Thanks Sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Gerrard59(m): 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Thank you Mcy56 and Desanta.

Apparently, it implies one has to invest a minimum of 500K to make a significant difference regarding shareholding and eventual dividend payments.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benjacky48: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
You will eventually get 3780 cos of 10% tax deduction

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
chillykelly86:

Thanks for this.
Please can you verify for us:
1. how much was used to service debt in the last financial year?
2. Are all the offer proceeds billed for debt payment? If not, could you share the plan for the proceeds? The percentage that will be used to pay down debt.
3. Does the 3.7b OS factor in the shares being issued? Because, the image shared here suggests so.
4. Kindly DM me the contact of Afrinvest.

Thanks a lot.

1. There was a net debt reduction of about $3,750 million during the year ended March 2019 as contained in the prospectus.
2. Amazingly, I haven't found any mention of what else will be done with the proceeds.
3. I think so by what is available in the prospectus.
Pre-IPO OS is 3,081,744,577 Ordinary Shares at USD1 each and 50,000 Redeemable Deferred Shares at £1 each
4. Sent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
OakPearl:

1. There was a net debt reduction of about $3,750 million during the year ended March 2019 as contained in the prospectus.
2. Amazingly, I haven't found any mention of what else will be done with the proceeds.
3. I think so by what is available in the prospectus.
Pre-IPO OS is 3,081,744,577 Ordinary Shares at USD1 each and 50,000 Redeemable Deferred Shares at £1 each
4. Sent

Thanks a lot Sir. I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Dear Esteemed Client,

This is to notify you that Airtel Africa Plc, the second largest telecommunication company in Africa, recently announced the offer of its global Initial Public Offer (IPO). The offer is expected to be a dual listing on the floor of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

Hence, the offer is open to both Global and Local investors. The company is currently accepting bids for the offer of ordinary shares worth $780.0mn (or N270.0bn), via a book building exercise in Nigeria. For the Nigerian leg of the IPO, the offer price is expected to be between N363 and N454/share which will be followed with a secondary market listing on The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

According to the prospectus, the interested individual in the Nigerian offer will be deemed to have represented and agreed that it is either a ‘High Net Worth Investor (HNI)’ or a ‘Qualified Institutional Investor (QII)’ as such terms are defined in Rule 321 of the Nigerian SEC Rules. Kindly click here to view the prospectus or visit https://airtel.africa/investors to view other related documents on The Offer.

United Capital Securities is floating an SPV for this offer with a minimum subscription of 500 shares. Interested investors are expected to fund United Capital Securities UBA bank account number 1015793860 with a minimum of N227,000.00 (i.e. 500 * N454.00 - being the upper band of the share price range). Any excess amount will be left in clients' in-house account in the event that the clearing price is lower than N454.00.

Interested investors are advised to indicate their interest ahead of the listing and commencement of unconditional dealings on the NSE by sending an email to securities@unitedcapitalplcgroup.com on or before 4:00pm on tomorrow, 27th June 2019.

Expected timetable of principal events for the Nigerian Offer

Event Date
Announcement of the offer price, offer size, the publication of the pricing statement and allocation of ordinary shares 28-Jun-19
Allotment of new ordinary shares to the shareholders 29-Jun-19
Crediting of ordinary shares to accounts 3-Jul-19
Nigerian listing and start of unconditional dealings on the NSE 4-Jul-19
According to our Research team preliminary valuation, based on peer multiples in the emerging and frontier markets, suggest that the price range of 80 -100 pence/share (N363-N454) is fair as shown in the table below.
However, kindly note that this is an indicative price subject to the outcome of the ‘’Book Building’’ exercise by the company.

Quick Valuation US$ (000) £ Sterling* Naira**
2019 EBITDA
B) Peer Avg. EV/EBITDA 6.8x
Enterprise Value (A*B)
Net Debt
(4,005,000.0)
Equity Value (C-D)
Outs shares
Fair Price/Share (E/F)
$1.4 £ 0.9 N487.0
*£/$=1.27, **N/$= 360

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
These Airtel IPO agents sha want to skim people of their hard earned cash. If it was a nice deal, no one will want to share it with us. They see a bad market, they want to dump them on us. Let me go and target Zenith and UBA for Q2 tasere dividend joor. I cannot come and die

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
rebekah2011:
These Airtel IPO agents sha want to skim people of their hard earned cash. If it was a nice deal, no one will want to share it with us. They see a bad market, they want to dump them on us. Let me go and target Zenith and UBA for Q2 tasere dividend joor. I cannot come and die
We are waiting for them, when they final landed in NSE as mtn did, we shall then weigh them to know their really worth. Who even know the number of their outstanding share and 2019 EPs/PE before processing their listing, and the number of outstanding share they want to list?

Nigerian are wiser now, not when people are buying without knowing what they are buying. If they listed excess, investors will abandon them they way mtn was abandoned after trying to defraud Nigeria by duplicating their share numbers of time. July releasing of result will show more direction for these newly listed stocks, if their earning does not justify their unit price, market will help them reprice it, or they will keep on defending it with their money till they get tied of defending and thereby allowing their stock to look for its level, the way mtn is gradually looking for its level.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
The way CSL Dey send me this Airtel listing..
angry angry let me withdraw my little penny before I’ll wake up one day and see airtel inside my portfolio..
I replied, letting them know I’m not interested yet they won’t stop..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yayira:
angry angry let me withdraw my little penny before I’ll wake up one day and see airtel inside my portfolio..
grin grin grin grin
They needed you seriously, as one of the foreign investors. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Chibuking81:

We are waiting for them, when they final landed in NSE as mtn did, we shall then weigh them to know their really worth. Who even know the number of their outstanding share and 2019 EPs/PE before processing their listing, and the number of outstanding share they want to list?

Nigerian are wiser now, not when people are buying without knowing what they are buying. If they listed excess, investors will abandon them they way mtn was abandoned after trying to defraud Nigeria by duplicating their share numbers of time. July releasing of result will show more direction for these newly listed stocks, if their earning does not justify their unit price, market will help them reprice it, or they will keep on defending it with their money till they get tied of defending and thereby allowing their stock to look for its level.

duplicate shares shocked shocked when did it happen?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yayira:

duplicate shares shocked shocked when did it happen?

Chibuking81:

160 billion/ 407 million = 393.12 eps
20 billion/407 million = ‭49.14, if their initial outstanding was 407 million, that means that they splits each unit into 49.14 unit before they listed it.

49.14 x 90 = ‭#4,422.60. Does it mean that their 1 unit of share is now #4,422.60?

4,422.60/393.12 = 11.25 PE, but according to their report before listing, they stated that their PE was below 1.
To get below 1eps, that is 4,422.60/11.25 =384.57.
Therefore 384.57/393.12 = 0.98 PE

Before listing their share price should be #384.57
And their current Price after the splits should have been #384.57/49.14 = #7.83.
Their suppose price should have been #7.83 (against #90 listing and their current #140, this is close to 2000% upward increase )

Meaning that 1 unit of share of #384.57 was duplicated to get #4422.60 (#4,422.60 - #384.57 = #4,038.03)
#4,038.03 on top, that's excessive. ( or #7.83 duplicated to get #90 and #140 respectively)

Their fair value by #8 eps should be #70

MTN's price earnings (P/E) ratio based on FY 2018 earnings per share (EPS) of N357.87 and its
recent market price of N90 confounded a lot of analysts. A P/E of less than one(1.0) for the
second largest stock listed on the NSE makes little, if any, sense at all. Dangote Cement
(DANGCEM), the Exchange's single largest capitalized stock trades at a price of N185 and a P/E
of 8.35. DANGCEM's price to book value is currently 3.04.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Chibuking81:

49.14 was the result of your calculation, three distinct digits 491.
You just needed to rearrange them to know what was cooking.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yayira:

They will just log in with your own password and fill a mandate for you
Na lawcourt una go complete the rest
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yayira:

grin grin grin Brokers never stop with this Airtel Scam...them and Dominos I can't say who gives more update at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

MSCI has figured out too late that stout is not a substitute for coke while enjoying jollof... grin

They are now remitting tithe in arrears, what a day for Vee'vee...... grin

I no get church, i be missionary
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
veecovee:

I no get church, i be missionary

Ok, something similar to this?
You operate like people doing loading at parks, You identify and convince the passengers, while the pastors are like the bus owners.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, WestPB, wuwu2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.