Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11562762 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4686) (4687) (4688) (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) ... (8192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Why are we not discussing the implications of this NSE Rule? Online Platform providers will have to sensitize their customers to be careful on how they trade going forward.
[quote author=dipoolowoo post=79959237]NSE Warns Stockbrokers Against Manipulative Trading, Late Sale Orders
https://businesspost.ng/2019/07/05/nse-to-sanction-stockbrokers-for-manipulative-trading-late-sale-orders/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mcy56:
Fidelity and fcmb are 5&6.
I know they'll have a way of bridging the gap btw them....either fcmb move up to meet Fide or Fide move down to meet fcmb, one must happen anyhow. grin

Have you factored in the impending bank recapitalization? Either or both Banks will morph into something else or disappear altogether. Your holding will then become almost worthless or zero. It simply doesn't make sense to hold onto these tier 2 bank stocks. Take your loses and reposition in Zenith and GTB who will definitely survive the Emefiele tsunami that is coming.

Never fall in love with any stock, or hold on endlessly, hoping against hope that things will improve. I learnt bitter lessons with my Oceanic and Skye bank holdings

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
cuteboy2:

Have you factored in the impending bank recapitalization? Either or both Banks will morph into something else or disappear altogether. Your holding will then become almost worthless or zero. It simply doesn't make sense to hold onto these tier 2 bank stocks. Take your loses and reposition in Zenith and GTB who will definitely survive the Emefiele tsunami that is coming.

Never fall in love with any stock, or hold on endlessly, hoping against hope that things will improve. I learnt bitter lessons with my Oceanic and Skye bank holdings
Anything that will happening to the two bank Fidelity and FCMB, will first happen to Zenith and GTB. Watch the market closely you will understand that pull back always take place in Zenith and GTB, before other bank. Main while from their 2018 final year result and 2019 Q1 result, Fidelity, FCMB, Zenith, GTB, UBA, and Access bank, has positive earning, and they are still strong bank. The bear you are seen today you shall see them no more on or before the end of this year. What is happening in the market is normal thing, it present a good entry point. The best is to keep investing and watch out for final year result.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
cuteboy2:

It's laughable if not with deceive intent, what makes you think so? Maybe you are just assuming. My questions to you are these.
1. What makes you think such?
2. Did both have bad result in 2018 or 2019 q1 ?
3. Have you seen their 2019 q2 result, if yes do they perform positively or negatively?
4. What happen to unity, wema, Polaris , Styling, Jaiz etc.?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
cuteboy2:

...and pls why do u assume that the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY, which together with STANBIC are 3 of the most healthy tier 2 peers, will not survive the CBN tsunami as u put it?
Funny enough, u excluded in ur mention the clearly sick peers of UNION, UNITY and JAIZ BANK.
Well, I can tell u without mincing words that the 3 in bold shall survive any recap exercise.
Need I also remind u that a PSP comparison of the likes of OCEANIC and SKYE(2 sick and mismanaged entities at the time) to FCMB and FIDELITY(2 healthy peers) is at best tantamount to calling a kenyian, a Latino !!

OCEANIC and SKYE were peers with depreciating/unhealthy assets... and so an eventual takeover/loss in investment could only have come as a surprise to a SPECULATOR.
In contrast, with the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY, buying RIGHT (with a great MoS) will mean holding VALUE !!

By the way, the part in bold interprets more of something btw guesstimation and a 'desperate quest' to buy from u, than that of a rational statement.
...and if that is the case, then I can only wish u well my dear !!

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
UNION IS NOT A SICK BANK AGAIN OOOOOO
onegentleguy:

...and pls why do u assume that the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY, which together with STANBIC are 3 of the most healthy tier 2 peers, will not survive the CBN tsunami as u put it?
Funny enough, u excluded in ur mention the clearly sick peers of UNION, UNITY and JAIZ BANK.
Well, I can tell u without mincing words that the 3 in bold shall survive any recap exercise.
...and need I remind u that a PSP comparison of the likes of OCEANIC and SKYE(2 sick and mismanaged entities at the time) to FCMB and FIDELITY(2 healthy peers) is at best tantamount to calling a kenyian, a Latino !!
OCEANIC and SKYE were peers with depreciating/unhealthy assets... and so an eventual takeover/loss in investment could only have come as a surprise to a SPECULATOR.
In contrast, with the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY buying RIGHT (with a great MoS) will mean, holding VALUE !!

By the way, the part in bold interprets more of something btw a 'deceptive quest' to buy from u than that of a rational statement. ...and if that is the case, I can only wish u well my dear !!

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
rebekah2011:
UNION IS NOT A SICK BANK AGAIN OOOOOO

How do u define or describe a sick banking entity?
Perhaps ur definition and mine are 2 world's apart.
I will not touch UNION BANK even @ a 60% discount to current market price !!

In the end, we would all be accountable for our decisions as sole managers of our various portfolios.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
cuteboy2:

A word is enough for the wise, I can't forget intercontinental, phb and oceanic in my life. Am not a fan of tier 2 banks from day one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chibuking81:

It's laughable if not with deceive intent, what makes you think so? Maybe you are just assuming. My questions to you are these.
3. Have you seen their 2019 q2 result, if yes do they perform positively or negatively?
4. What happen to unity, wema, Polaris , Styling, Jaiz etc.?

Worry not my dear.
I am sure @ cuteboy2 was merely erring his views !!

Btw, I just asked a fellow to help us look up and interpret the dictionary meaning of the words; DESPERATION, DECEPTION and RATIONALISM.
...perhaps it might help remind some of us of what we do here.

Salah.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Fidelity and FCMB cannot withstand the impending tsunami in the industry. What one has to look at is the capacity of the 2 banks to accommodate impairments? It is safer to look towards the Tier 1 banks for possible investment in the banking sector. We should even start to get worried for Tier 2 banks. The economy is not improving as it should. The default of loans by companies is almost becoming a reality.
onegentleguy:

How do u define a sick banking entity?
Perhaps ur definition and mine are 2 world's apart.
I will not touch UNION BANK even @ an 80% discount to current market price !!

In the end, we would all be accountable for our decisions as the sole managers of our various portfolios.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Thank you Sir
aremso:

A word is enough for the wise, I can't forget intercontinental, phb and oceanic in my life. Am not a fan of tier 2 banks from day one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
rebekah2011:
Fidelity and FCMB cannot withstand the impending tsunami in the industry. What one has to look at is the capacity of the 2 banks to accommodate impairments? It is safer to look towards the Tier 1 banks for possible investment in the banking sector. We should even start to get worried for Tier 2 banks. The economy is not improving as it should. The default of loans by companies is almost becoming a reality.

Ok my dear !!
Funny enough, u tactfully omitted the rationale on why UNION BANK is a healthy entity. ...or why in fact, it is less of a sick banking entity(that can survive any banking recapitalization) than the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY. ...how comical !! smiley wink cheesy
I prefer statements to be FACTUAL and backed by analysis of proofread financial prints. ...but where that is missing, I am not one for too much argument.
I respect ur views though. In the end, we are all responsible for our decision-making.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
PETERiCHY:
NEXT LEVEL agenda just kicked off in earnest from RUGA RUGA to JAGA JAGA. we now have lesser comments and arguments day by day coz REALITY is gradually setting in.

Within the next 4 year there will be a lot of WEALTH TRANSFER for the PATIENCE SMART INVESTORS.

Imagine buying GTB at sub N15 and ZENITHBK @sub N10 just to mention but few.

I repeat PATIENCE is KEY.

This GOVT got nothing meaningful to OFFER so BARGAIN HUNTERS should jealously GUARD their FUNDS and LEVERAGE on the OUTCOME of the DAMAGE they will do to the ECONOMY just like we witnessed between 2015/2016.

*ThE OcToPuS*.

Octopus, make this your prediction come tru ooo na to tell my employers say I no dey work again cos if gtb get to 15 na to go take bank loan add with the tashere money I have then buy 2m units. Gtb and zenith alone are OK for me to get to my destinations fast fast I beg make your words come to past ooo I dey fence dey peep

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
PETERiCHY:

It will take more 4YEARS for market to bottom out. Buhari isn't contesting again so he got nothing else to prove if not to keep accumulating more DEBTS for whoever will take over.

In no time the ECONOMY will BOMBERANG. the
STOCK market will bear the BRUNT while the MONEY MARKET will keep SMILING.

FG said we should be prepared for tougher days aheads Oyo govt already declared their state is technically bankrupt, Expect more states to follow suit.

It's now left for BARGAIN HUNTERS to jealously guard their funds and stop building CASTLES in the AIR.

I rest my case!

*ThE OcToPuS*

Excellent analysis �. Anybody who thinks things will pick up next year is on a long thing. The signs are ominous. The debt and subsidy burden are ballooning dangerously.There is no coherent economic policy and direction. The only person talking some sense is CBN governor. His influence is limited largely to monetary policy alone.

The fiscal and macroeconomic policies and actions are either non-existent or rather confusing. I am not sure how many people can attribute any real fiscal direction to, or remember the name of the former Finance Minister without resorting to Google.

The priorities of the government seems rather strange, like establishing radio station for herdsmen or acquiring land in every state to settle them, a very strange and curious policy.

The way PMB runs his govt, I'm not sure the man even needs ministers. They are like ornaments. Wether they perform or not, he never changes or sacks anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
I did not tactically omit it. Union Bank is a one-man show now. Atlas Mara, I think Bob Diamond connection. The coy also recently ordered an EGM to restructure its negative reserves against the share premium so that they will be able to pay dividend going forward. EPS Q1 2019 is 18kobo and quite expensive at the current price. It is a well-capitalized bank compared with Fidelity and FCMB. They can always count on Bob Diamond to bail them out any time.
onegentleguy:

Ok my dear !!
Funny enough, u tactfully omitted the rationale on why UNION BANK is a healthy entity. ...or why in fact, it is less of a sick banking entity(that can survive any banking recapitalization) when compared to the 2 of FCMB and FIDELITY. ...how comical !! smiley wink cheesy
I prefer statements to be FACTUAL and backed by analysis of proofread financial prints. ...but where that is missing, I am not one for too much argument.
I respect ur views. In the end, we are all responsible for our decision-making.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
I am sure NSE was getting infuriated at the recent situations where brokers wait till near closing time to execute huge orders. To me, it is a welcome development. Nobody come Lagos come count bridges, as they say in local parlance.

rebekah2011:
Why are we not discussing the implications of this NSE Rule? Online Platform providers will have to sensitize their customers to be careful on how they trade going forward.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
rebekah2011:
I did not tactically omit it. Union Bank is a one-man show now. Atlas Mara, I think Bob Diamond connection. The coy also recently ordered an EGM to restructure its negative reserves against the share premium so that they will be able to pay dividend going forward. EPS Q1 2019 is 18kobo and quite expensive at the current price. It is a well-capitalized bank compared with Fidelity and FCMB. They can always count on Bob Diamond to bail them out any time.

Now u are talking my dear !!
The bolded is KEY !!
UNION BANK is damn right expensive... FCMB and FIDELITY are currently both underpriced.
Therein lies the argument on whether the share purchase of the 2 of FCMB and/or FIDELITY are assets that can drive VALUE irrespective of any impending banking recapitalization, when compared to UNION BANK.
Weigh and see their current asset quality and yield as the inherent VALUE, and any possible recapitalization exercise as just another part of a likely RISK on investment.
The KEY is to look in on the QUALITY and YIELD of the assets in question and benchmark it against the surrounding risk to see if indeed, there is a feasible premium that can be tapped from.

That's how an investor thinks. ...and is sure how the folks @ ACCESS thought before exercising a SSPA for DIAMOND BANK @ a premium face value of N3.13 even when it had a much less asset quality and yield than FCMB and FIDELITY at the time.

Bottom line: FCMB and FIDELITY are securities with very HEALTHY assets and great VALUES behind their present prices.
Look beyond any impending banking recapitalization !!

Btw, the 1st part of ur statement in italics is ralative my dear.
With the latter part, pls don't beat ur chest on it. ...am sure u remember when the FPI folks(Carlyle & co) were buying and mopping up DIAMOND BANK @ above N7/share a few yrs ago.
Some months ago, there were also cross deals with an FPI/DPI on NAHCO @ over N7 too. ...today, NACHO sells for N3+.
With the NSE, there have been several other instances too.

Morale: That an FPI, DPI or any other related party bought an equity stake @ a premium to market, does not always equate to an underpriced stance. ...neither does it always translate to a value-driven investment.
Oftentimes, they may have other reasons outside or beyond the imaginary for buying. ...and sometimes, they also do make bad investment decisions just like u and I.
Which is why the importance of due diligence should never be taken for granted.

Salah

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mackengift: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
OakPearl:

Oga we know the hustle is real, but you are in the wrong thread.
We don't buy containers here, na stocks we dey buy.
God bless your hustle though.
Sorry for the intrusion and thank you for your warm dismissal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
Well, said Sir.
onegentleguy:

Now u are talking my dear !!
The bolded is KEY !!
UNION BANK is damn right expensive... FCMB and FIDELITY are currently both underpriced.
Therein lies the argument on whether the share purchase of the 2 of FCMB and/or FIDELITY are assets that can drive VALUE irrespective of any impending banking recapitalization, when compared to UNION BANK.
Weigh and see their current asset quality and yield as the VALUE and any possible recapitalization exercise as just another part of a likely RISK on investment.
The KEY is to look in on the QUALITY and YIELD of the assets in question and benchmark it against the surrounding risk to see if indeed, there is a feasible premium that can be tapped from.

That's how an investor thinks. ...and is sure how the folks @ ACCESS thought before exercising a SSPA for DIAMOND BANK @ a premium face value of N3.13 even when it had a much less asset quality and yield than FCMB and FIDELITY at the time.

Bottom line: FCMB and FIDELITY are securities with very HEALTHY assets and great VALUES behind their present prices.
Look beyond any impending banking recapitalization !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
rebekah2011:
Well, said Sir.

It is well.
U may also wish to look at the latter part of the same post. Had to edit it.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
ccnn moving like a night thief..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Coolcash1:

I almost fell for it until the broker told me sorry sir its closed. You may have to wait for it to be listed before i can purchase it.

Moral of the story: every disappointment is indeed a blessing

Yess oo every disappointment is a blessing..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2019
onegentleguy:

Worry not my dear.
I am sure @ cuteboy2 was merely erring his views !!

Btw, I just asked a fellow to help us look up and interpret the dictionary meaning of the words; DESPERATION, DECEPTION and RATIONALISM.
...perhaps it might help remind some of us of what we do here.

Salah.

Thanks dear.
We are in modern world, 21st century, computer age and global village, where information is readily available, at cheaper and affordable price, if not free.

Unlike when we are in analog stage, where we depend on others for information, I remembered when I do visit my stockbroker to fill buy or sell mandate form, and Wait for days for its execution. Then we don't have privilege to online corporate disclosure of company result. The time when listed companies will stay for years without releasing of result, but this days the revise is the case.

As for me, from my findings, Fidelity, FCMB, Zenith, UBA, ACCESS, GTB (FFZUAG) will make a lot of patience investors super rich on or before the end of March 2020, in less than 9 months to go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2019
aremso:

Octopus, make this your prediction come tru ooo na to tell my employers say I no dey work again cos if gtb get to 15 na to go take bank loan add with the tashere money I have then buy 2m units. Gtb and zenith alone are OK for me to get to my destinations fast fast I beg make your words come to past ooo I dey fence dey peep
Anything that will bring GTB bank down to #15, is ready to bring it down to #4 grin grin. And that can be when crude oil drop to 27 dollar per a barrel, and remain there for continuously one year, in fact many citizens will join the ancestors if such occurrence happen. Its consequences will be disastrous.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2019
I truly feel for those who've had problems collecting their outstanding dividends in yrs. ...and those who've also had issues processing and/or transmitting the shares of their deceased relative, as beneficiaries.

In the past i've assisted a couple of fellows sort their dividend related issues, but had to stop at some point due largely to time constrain. However, reading through the several complaints here, I have decided to help out one small by guiding and where necessary, providing the needed contacts that might help facilitate a quicker and easier resolution to issues.
I shall however do that in spasms and as time permits.

For privacy though, I will prefer not to put out the few contacts(including mobile Nos) I have here. ...don't think the folks would like that.
I shall only do that privately and if and when there's an absolute need for it.
So to those with issues particularly from the seen-to-be-tough registrar bodies like UNITED SECURITIES, EDC REGISTRARS, AFPRUD, GTL REGISTRARS, FIRST REGISTRARS, and VERITAS, u can contact me privately.

NOTE: This is NOT an invitation to throw all ur dividend related issues to me, especially the easy-to-resolve ones.
...u must have put in a proven effort to sort out things urself before now, but couldn't do so, for whatever reason.

Like I said before, I shall offer help(where need be) in spasms and as time permits.
I know there'll be many who have issues to sort out, but i'll do my best to assist in my own little way.
Pls do not be offended if I couldn't immediately attend to u.
I am a small fellow who can often be very busy.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2019
4. What happen to unity, wema, Polaris , Sterling, Jaiz [/b]etc.?
[/quote]

Please let us note that [b]Jaiz is not a affected by the regulation for the normal banks
. It operates in the financial sector where the required capital is currently lower than NGN25billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2019
... PLEASING KINGS, PEOPLE AND SELF, WHILE DISPLEASING THE KING OF KINGS.

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/23#79979142
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4686) (4687) (4688) (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) ... (8192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jonnysessy(m), seyisanya(m), Roarke, unite4real, megawealth01, Sunrisepebble, godlyguy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.