Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894722 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:

I dey my usual junction at N7 dey wait..Nothing do me.

all these you goal posts you've been shifting....hmmm diaris Goduoo...

N12 to N10, now N7..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2014
chukyjones:

all these you goal posts you've been shifting....hmmm diaris Goduoo...

N12 to N10, now N7..

Bros, no be me mention N12 or N10.

But seriously, if UBA is already selling at N5.59 i see the elephant falling totally to the ground very soon.

#Opportunities abound.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2014
In all of this, na Access own funny pass. Last seen at 8.33 while the shareholders recently approved rights at 8.90 grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 11:06am On Oct 15, 2014
The fear index on the NSE is currently at the highest level.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2014
Seriously exposed to UBA (I dey fear fear on this stock) and Zenith (No qualms on this, i bought @ N22.69 and i know it'll climb up soon). My advice - If you have bank stocks, pls don't do panic SELL and incur LOSSES, when their result start trickling in, the tide will surely reverse irrespective of the Looming IPO. Cowboys will def shoot up the price and fix a good IPO price. E.G. If FBNH decide today aspa right issues, it can't be less than N12+
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2014
These bloods you are sharing. There is God oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2014
just like i said, Zenith BID is 13X offer. currectly gaining 4.07% and trading N22.25. It closed yesterday at 21.38
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:
In all of this, na Access own funny pass. Last seen at 8.33 while the shareholders recently approved rights at 8.90 grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
@Passwelle, what will you now say about Diamond bank?

What was their right offer price compared to today's market price. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:

The fall in price in the banking stocks were inevitable. It all started with SLS and his tightened policies.. Thats why i made a decision never to touch any banking stocks for now.

I concur but getting a sound stock like fbnh @ 10 or less is an opportunity that comes probably once in 5 year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2014
kokobaba:

I concur but getting a sound stock like fbnh @ 10 or less is an opportunity that comes probably once in 5 year

Thats why in this NSE, impossible is nothing as nothing is impossible.

First bank is currently selling at N11.55 ATM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:
@Passwelle, what will you now say about Diamond bank?

What was their right offer price compared to today's market price. grin

Diamond seems to have loyal shareholders.

The volumes traded so far might not be enough to arrive at a conclusion.A panic stricken investor just offloaded 200,000 units. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2014
passwelle:

make all the shareholders wey approve am go buy their rights at that price o!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 11:33am On Oct 15, 2014
Charlesnerd:
The fear index on the NSE is currently at the highest level.

Very true. Requested for some FBNH and got my order filled at N11.50,I also got some afriprudential at N3.05. Let the Bears continue to reign supreme, we will accumulate in tranches.

#Hibernation mode reactivated

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:
@Passwelle, what will you now say about Diamond bank? What was their right offer price compared to today's market price. grin
My Oga, hindsight they say is 20/20. Diamond folks are presently in the same category as for example the 2007 Transcorp IPO folks. However, the loyal shareholders of Access who believe in the stock, can simply mop up at a faster rate now to their desired position, than take up any future rights at 8.90.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 11:37am On Oct 15, 2014
FranklinRich:

Very true. Requested for some FBNH and got my order filled at N11.50,I also got some afriprudential at N3.05. Let the Bears continue to reign supreme, we will accumulate in tranches.

#Hibernation mode reactivated

You got at good prices.

But it looks like we've not seen the last of the bears. This might just be the beginning,but certainly not the end. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2014
chukyjones:

any why is Stanbic IBTC bank untouched... to wonder i work this bank and yet can really say whats so special thats keeping them afloat

Guess who their market makers are mehn...

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2014
chukyjones:

any why is Stanbic IBTC bank untouched... to wonder i work this bank and yet can really say whats so special thats keeping them afloat

That is why it pays to have a good market maker! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Wapic seems to be heading back to the car park grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2014
sharp reversal by FBN....

anyway I go still dey wait for am for the junction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Dexterax:
Guess who their market makers are mehn... grin
If my guess is as good as yours, their market makers contributed just under 20% of the entire market value of the NSE as recently as August. If anyone can go long on Stanbic, they can.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2014
Charlesnerd:

You got at good prices.

But it looks like we've not seen the last of the bears. This might just be the beginning,but certainly not the end. grin

My experience in this market tells me I can never buy stocks at their lowest price, I also can never tell how low a stock will come to. My strategy is always to buy in tranches as the stocks I am interested in continues to decline. The last time I bought FBNH was during the sanusi saga and I averaged out at N12.30. If FBNH gets to N9 to N10,I will buy more and keep buying as long as i have funds and the price doesn't go northwards. same thing with afriprudential ,I am averaged out at N3.15. Will continue my buying in tranches as long as I have funds and the price doesn't go up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2014
Dexterax:

Guess who their market makers are mehn...

grin

Oga Dexter, can you throw more light on that phrase "market maker" wrt Stanbic IBTC bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2014
U PEOPLE (with diff spirits) should pls turn back the hand of time in UBA stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
chukyjones:

Oga Dexter, can you throw more light on that phrase "market maker" wrt Stanbic IBTC bank.

A market maker tries to "make" a market (and a profit in the process) from the difference between the bid and offer values for a security. So they BUY & SELL the security based on this difference, with profit-making as their primary motive and the thriving of the market for that security as a secondary motive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
FranklinRich:

My experience in this market tells me I can never buy stocks at their lowest price, I also can never tell how low a stock will come to. My strategy is always to buy in tranches as the stocks I am interested in continues to decline. The last time I bought FBNH was during the sanusi saga and I averaged out at N12.30. If FBNH gets to N9 to N10,I will buy more and keep buying as long as i have funds and the price doesn't go northwards. same thing with afriprudential ,I am averaged out at N3.15. Will continue my buying in tranches as long as I have funds and the price doesn't go up.

This is quite true.No one can say with certainty what the lowest price would be,especially in a volatile market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Chai, the atmosphere is tense. See my bnsitl sweating in the face of dwindling fortune. Confusion everywhere. Please bnsitl, endeavour to take enough water to cool the system down, mbok. grin
Despite the odds, I know some of my bnsitl who are not moved. They are used to the situation. They are looking for opportunities in the rubble.

Meanwhile, I am bothered by the absence of our one and only bitl, very rev pastor IHEDIORANMA. Please if you see him, tell him the house needs his prayers and love. grin "One love ".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Excellent7(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aks:
Seriously exposed to UBA (I dey fear fear on this stock) and Zenith (No qualms on this, i bought @ N22.69 and i know it'll climb up soon). My advice - If you have bank stocks, pls don't do panic SELL and incur LOSSES, when their result start trickling in, the tide will surely reverse irrespective of the Looming IPO. Cowboys will def shoot up the price and fix a good IPO price. E.G. If FBNH decide today aspa right issues, it can't be less than N12+

Don't be to so sure!
This market as I see it has become one crazy bitch!!
With the way I am saying it, many stocks are going to go below their year lows pretty soon.
Folks should be careful of falling knives (until they are on the ground) grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
Merry bear season to you all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Na siddon look mode I dey now as person wey no get money no dey go market. Abeg, Heritage gree pay abi na gra gra dem dey do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Born2berich:

Thats why in this NSE, impossible is nothing as nothing is impossible.

First bank is currently selling at N11.55 ATM

I am currently targeting fbnh cos this rare opportunity must not pass me by. Even if it entails borrowing money to buy I will buy @ N10. No shaking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.