Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10902795 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
immanuello:
I pray election will be smoothly done but this opportunity should crash gtb to #14 for me.Believe me,no forward looking price surge for all bnks now except d excellent result posting from any of them perhaps SSDE why banks like FSFF maybe loveless while GZ would be retrogressing now.More bargain is in d way just wait.....i dey expect zen at #15 soonest,uba@#3.45 soonest. Yeye bank like skyebank,who knows?

Bros no too worry yourself..just dey keep your money..bargains go soon full market

Hope you will not come and reduce these prices again when they reach your target prices? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
FranklinRich:

Interesting times ahead as the index continues to decline, i expect to even see the index lower than 39,000 in the next couple of months. the declining oil prices will not even help matters as a depreciation/devaluation of the Naira seems imminent and this may accelerate the rate at which the foreign investors will be heading to the exit door at the NSE. For me and my household,i have decided to go underweight in the market however i will be looking to take opportunities as they present themselves.

There was a report posted by Abidemi early today on the declining foreign participation on the NSE.It looks like majority of the so called foreign investors have exited a long time ago.They usually leave a trace and the daily traded volumes does not indicate a major sell off.Taking into consideration their "perceived" risk of the upcoming elections and the outlook of the financial sector (which is their playground),any foreign investor selling at this period of bears is actually "selling into weakness".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dexterax:

Mercy will probably say I've come again.

I'll calculate the autocorrelation coefficients for this stock to be sure it still has those anomaly properties I discovered last year. Then I'll post my chart for the stock here.

Hopeful and waiting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Charlesnerd:

There was a report posted by Abidemi early today on the declining foreign participation on the NSE.It looks like majority of the so called foreign investors have exited a long time ago.They usually leave a trace and the daily traded volumes does not indicate a major sell off.Taking into consideration their "perceived" risk of the upcoming elections and the outlook of the financial sector (which is their playground),any foreign investor selling at this period of bears is actually "selling into weakness".
That report documented the figure for July. Foreign participation increased to >81% in August 2014 compared to 52% in Aug 2013. We do not yet have figures for Sept though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
passwelle:

That report documented the figure for July. Foreign participation increased to >81% in August 2014 compared to 52% in Aug 2013. We do not yet have figures for Sept though.

There is a mix up somewhere.

Does it mean FPI jumped from 25.17 % in July,2014 to 81% in August, 2014?

Just culled below from marketwatch.ng

"However, the FPI started declining in April to 75.25, went down in May to 52.32 and further down to 25.17 per cent in July. Domestic investors can be categorised into either institutional or retail investors. Their transaction, on the other hand, rose to 74.83 per cent of total equity transaction in July, 2014 from 37.47 per cent in July, 2013"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dexterax:

Mercy will probably say I've come again.

I'll calculate the autocorrelation coefficients for this stock to be sure it still has those anomaly properties I discovered last year. Then I'll post my chart for the stock here.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
Charlesnerd:

"However, the FPI started declining in April to 75.25, went down in May to 52.32 and further down to 25.17 per cent in July. Domestic investors can be categorised into either institutional or retail investors. Their transaction, on the other hand, rose to 74.83 per cent of total equity transaction in July, 2014 from 37.47 per cent in July, 2013"

I have not read the report but I am sure that Foreign Investment is more than than of local investments in the market (total worth of the market). So that leaves me to think the report might be refering to monthly investments which would make sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
The Central Bank of Nigeria Circular asking Banks to
comply with TIER 1 Capital by Mar'15 upped the game &
placed pressure on all banks to raise fresh Capital
Source: Proshare

Will this result in more right issue in d banking sector?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Charlesnerd:

No mix up, just good old selective reporting. What is reported sounds sensational. Indeed it did jump up to 81.43% in Aug. See link below:
http://www.nse.com.ng/market_data-site/other-market-information-site/FPI%20Report/Domestic%20and%20FPI%20Report%20August%202014.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
passwelle:

No mix up, just good old selective reporting. What is reported sounds sensational. Indeed it did jump up to 81.43% in Aug. See link below:
http://www.nse.com.ng/market_data-site/other-market-information-site/FPI%20Report/Domestic%20and%20FPI%20Report%20August%202014.pdf

Thanks for the info bro.I am better informed.
If recent figures are anything to go by,we should expect more foreign participation in the coming months.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
myjoy08:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/Ikeja%20Hotel%20Plc%20June%202014%20NSE.pdf
Sorry for the error, i wanted to post something else.
Sir, Pls do post the other thing still.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:20am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Addays(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2014
Mornin, I look forward to investing in the stock market but am very new to the market. Hoping to be put through in this thread. Every form of help and information will be appreciated. Thnx.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2014
Addays:
Mornin, I look forward to investing in the stock market but am very new to the market. Hoping to be put through in this thread. Every form of help and information will be appreciated. Thnx.
now the market is going ......... so seize the opportunity to peruse from page 1 of this thread you will get acquinted and by the time you are through the market may have started going .......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2014
^^^

I'd suggest you go ahead and exploit the opportunities yourself. Make the money and come and show us your profit/loss as evidence.

We're comfy with the stock market.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercifull(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2014
transcorp at 5.5 hmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2014
ikejahotel at where it is hmmm hmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Addays(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2014
soloniger:
now the market is going ......... so seize the opportunity to peruse from page 1 of this thread you will get acquinted and by the time you are through the market may have started going .......
thnx will try n do dat.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Addays(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2014
soloniger:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2014
passwelle:
ikejahotel at where it is hmmm hmmm

I expected a breach across the NGN 3 border in early trading this morning, even if it retreats and closes at the high NGN 2 levels.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Dexterax:

I expected a breach across the NGN 3 border in early trading this morning. Even if it retreats and closes at the high NGN 2 levels.
So did I, it did and then I saw bid of 40m units at todays high shocked May not close below NGN 3 today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2014
It's clear by now that there's a hidden premium on anything that looks like a brewery in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
oando dropping seriously! too bad!
any bad news on wapic? tot i got it cheap@ 0.72. shit!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Most Stocks are crashing, and many will soon join, I stated this about few months ago. Pls do not expect the bull soon, but till after election, in fact next month crash will be worst.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
stokfrick:
oando dropping seriously! too bad!
any bad news on wapic? tot i got it cheap@ 0.72. shit!

I need wapic to fall down harder..will buy wen it touches 0.60k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayztech(f): 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chibuking81:
Most Stocks are crashing, and many will soon join, I stated this about few months ago. Pls do not expect the bull soon, but till after election, in fact next month crash will be worst.

Mister, why are you like this naa??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chibuking81:

Agree with you but I doubt if the cement companies,breweries and nestle will crash
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
kokobaba:

Agree with you but I doubt if the cement companies,breweries and nestle will crash

Don't worry the rain will finally beat every one!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by evilspirit: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
The NSE is bleeeding...let the bear begins!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m), 1jboi, otomatic(m), drotba(m), Zegra and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.