Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10948682 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5059) (5060) (5061) (5062) (5063) (5064) (5065) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
mendes911:

With all due respect, UACN did full offer at N7.20, albeit for a short while.

6 millions unit available at N7.50. Where are those that "missed" the wonderful bus at N8, you can board now and collect 50kobo change.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
edwardaigb:
@Mcy, thanks. i was out of the market since may trying to come back, wetin person fit buy and commot by april next year? thanx
Read the last 10-15 pages and choose your choice. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thanks.
Mpeace:
Non-interest income came in strongly during the quarter (+60.5% QoQ to N12.3 billion), largely bolstered by reversal of c.N4.8 billion relating to provisions for litigation deemed no longer necessary. Other components of fee income were relatively flat QoQ.

Adjusting for the impact of the N4.8 billion litigation-related reversal, which we believe is non-recurring, FCMB would have made a loss of c. N1.5 billion in Q3'19. This is concerning, in our view.https://www.proshareng.com/news/Stock---Analyst-Updates/FCMB-Group-Plc-9M-19---Earnings-Falter,-/48243

FCMB result is not good. But the "promoters" will not let it fall. Not without a fight.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mcy56:
Continsure:
I filled my e-dividend form and sent via email to their registrar.
1st time: No reply.
2nd time: I re-forwarded it again. There was a reply that I should submit through the bank or submit to their office
Me: Replied them that SEC already phased out the bank in the confirmation/validation process, that we were told to submit directly to the registrars and I'd done this without any hazzle with another registrar.
Next reply from Registrar: Your completed e-div mandate form has been adopted and will be process shortly.
Me. Thank you sir. grin
Really @ the bold.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
mendes911:

With all due respect, UACN did full offer at N7.20, albeit for a short while.

With All due respect,No allow Peter come after you o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Really @ the bold.
Yes. That's the new development now.

https://punchng.com/e-dividend-sec-cancels-bank-signature-verification/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
Fidelity using style to leave its brother behind................but it wouldnt be long that the bros will: either catch up with it or Fide turn back to pick his bros. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
pluto09:

I will not be surprised if our in-house analyst attack proshare as an enemy of fcmb who want the price to fall so they can buy for themselves at a cheaper price cool

grin grin grin...The in-house analyst's that have already sold...

Where do you think those over 13m sold shares came from?

You can also notice the long queue to buy Fidelity shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mpeace:
FCMB result is not good. But the "promoters" will not let it fall. Not without a fight.
Dont be a banana but you can be an apple instead. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mcy56:

Yes. That's the new development now.

https://punchng.com/e-dividend-sec-cancels-bank-signature-verification/

Mercy I beg can you help send the link to the sec website/ verification of unclaimed dividends that shows ur name and registrars
A friend needs it
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
Calebbold:

grin grin grin...The in-house analyst's that have already sold...

Where do you think those over 13m sold shares came from?

You can also notice the long queue to buy Fidelity shares.

lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
lancee:
Mercy I beg can you help send the link to the sec website/ verification of unclaimed dividends that shows ur name and registrars A friend needs it Thanks
Here:
http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
Peter,I am approaching my junction at Honeywell.
I may come back to take up Uacn from or even below the price I left it for Honeywell.

This life is a teacher.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
Those who cough out fcmb at 1.97 today to grab fidelity at 2.05,You did not make any mistake.You did the best.Come and see Fidelity on gear 5..........very soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
locodemy:
Those who cough out fcmb at 1.97 today to grab fidelity at 2.05,You did not make any mistake.You did the best.Come and see Fidelity on gear 5..........very soon.
Forget. FCMB is going to trail Fidelity behind..........just a matter of few days, if you observe its price movement today...........my opinion though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mcy56:

Forget. FCMB is going to trail Fidelity behind..........just a matter of few days, if you observe its price movement today...........my opinion though.

Of course fcmb will still move
But not an oxygen stock.
Why Uacn is behaving irrationally is due to no oxygen.

So while I do jijo in Fcmb,
I do a safer investment in Fidelity.
Hope you are getting my point before anyone misquote me or attack me o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Sir Loco, all 3 stocks; FCMB, FIDELITY, & UACN, have delivered about 30% in the last 3 months. Also, no share price moves in a straight line. Even if a stock will deliver 1000%, it's price will move in a zig zag manner. So all stock prices move "irrationally". Also, when you say "oxygen" , do you mean cash? UACN simply wrote-off a bad debt in UPDC, on which they may still get some cash back. Banks carry NPLs too. Provided current assets can meet liabilities, the company is a going concern. I own all the 3 stocks, just trying to provide some perspective. All prices are right per time, they are largely influenced by perceptions, speculations.
locodemy:

Of course fcmb will still move
But not an oxygen stock.
Why Uacn is behaving irrationally is due to no oxygen.

So why I do jijo in Fcmb,
I do a safer investment in Fidelity.
Hope you are getting my point before anyone misquote me o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2019
owoblow77:
Sir Loco, all 3 stocks; FCMB, FIDELITY, & UACN, have delivered about 30% in the last 3 months. Also, no share price moves in a straight line. Even if a stock will deliver 1000%, it's price will move in a zig zag manner. So all stock prices move "irrationally". Also, when you say "oxygen" , do you mean cash? UACN simply wrote-off a bad debt in UPDC, on which they may still get some cash back. Banks carry NPLs too. Provided current assets can meet liabilities, the company is not a going concern. I own all the 3 stocks, just trying to provide some perspective. All prices are right per time, they are largely influenced by perceptions, speculations.

unless you mean they are going under!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
CP, to me you have justified your recommendation and am convinced enough. I hope that the outcome of my decision base on your recommendation will tell me that you were right. Definitely i will revert back to you in due time. Thank you very much.

currentprice:

Hope u know that nothing sure in stock investment unlike your usual fixed.
It easy for me to recommend almost all the stock on nse for u grin putting u in confusion and come out to brag when one or two stock performing cheesy. I have all stock valuation on my bedsheet but I use to recommend one or two stock I think will perform well at the right time. when the stock perform I move to another stock I think will do the next magic.
Wapco look like one of the stock that will shaken the mkt soon, everything about d stock valuation pointing up. Zenith is a good stock o though I pick UBA ahead of zenith but wapco in my own opinion will perform better in the long run than zenith. I like company with cash oxygen grin wapco fit in this line. Note that earnings is different from cash o. A company may declear positive earnings but have no cash to back it up. Some banking have this kind problem eg fidelity, eti &co grin
Wapco has been over punish and d reason is clear, I want to believe with Bears alone wapco price might not have falling reach 9 plus, it being punish to that price cos of her back to back negative earnings with no cash cheesy the era of negative earnings has gone in my opinion as noticed on their report from Q1 up to recent Q3. Do u notice apart from selling their lost making subsidiary the company will make 30 something billion in savings on financial cost , this alone is about EPs of 1.8 add their earning to this and make forecast of what to expect by year end grin
The company latest report shows good cash oxygen
this is a good signal if they manage it well.
Paying dividend is not strange to wapco apart from last year which is understandable due to their negative earnings/struggling for cash. I believe they will pay better next year.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
Of course, i respect all the gurus, that is why i brought my concern to this forum. As you can see both Mr Emmanuelewumi and CP gave me different options that suit different purposes or targets. I appreciate both of them. Thank you also for letting me know more about the gurus.

Umargarr:

When gurus of the forum talked and suggested, they don't repeat themselves, it's either you go by it or to the contrary, what assuarance are you looking for again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thx bro.
Edited
bigjay01:

unless you mean they are going under!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mcy56:
Continsure:
I filled my e-dividend form and sent via email to their registrar.
Next reply from Registrar: Your completed e-div mandate form has been adopted and will be process shortly.
Me. Thank you sir. grin

So they didn't request for signature confirmation?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
Dear OGG, i am an observer in this forum without contribution for sometimes now and i want both you and CP to know that you are both among the respected analysts in this forum. Believe me, am proud to tell my colleagues the strength you are injecting into this forum. But on few instances, have read what can be inferred as rivalry competition. Please, this is not good, it neither add to your values nor helping we that look up to you for guidance, rather makes one to be more confused. Please, engage each other in healthy competitions that will enrich your know how more and beneficial to novices like me.

Good to let you know that my main target is to have fund appreciation that will surpass inflation. I am not in haste to use the fund now. So, all the recommendations that support my target/plan will be duly considered.

Thank you.

onegentleguy:

Playing in the money market or other fixed income streams would've been an advised alternative, but it is not without its own risk. There is NO guarantee that u can even secure ur invested capital(outside returns) should u invest in the money market.
I see ur hunger to derive a better margin from higher yields... and understandably so given that current yields in the FI space have been greatly suppressed by inflation pegs. So going for them would mean a lower value for ur money !!

There are 2 questions to ask:
Do I understand that every investment carries with it, a certain level of risk?
Can I entertain an appreciable level of risk tolerance from playing in the stock market?
If ur answer to both questions are in the affirmative, and u are indeed certain that there won't be a need for the fund in the interim(short term) after investing, then;
Divide the said fund into 5 equal parts and buy into the following;

1) ZENITH
2) ETI
3) UBA
4) WAPCO
and
5) AIICO

The reason for the diversification/spread is to help cushion(where need be) the likely impact of uncertainty that could come with a price drop.
...that said, the likelihood that that may happen with the select 5, is low for now.

Again the select 5 coys were chosen because of their greater chance of return with capital appreciation and feasible fine yield from dividend cashflow return.(except for ETI but still BUY it)

Finally, their current market price creates a better MoS when benchmarked against their present valuation.
Put differntly, buying into them @ their current market price means that the REWARD u can get with a ROI is well ahead of the likely RISK from a loss on investment.(price drop)
To help lower risk points, I'll also advise u buy in trenches with every price drop to within ur comfort zone.
...that way, u can be sure of a better BEP with ur entries and greater chance of ROI margin with ur exits.

However even after u buy/key in, do not go to sleep. STAY AWAKE and be at alert.
...'cause even the very best of an investment can turn sour with an unforseen occurrence.
So it might sometimes be better to look out for opportunities to sell and rebuy where and when necessary to MAXIMIZE ur gains !!
This is where having a do-it-urself kind of brokerage A/C(like Morgancapital, CSL, Meristem etc) comes in handy.

While following up on events surrounding the market(particularly the stocks u hold), u can always ask for more guidance on how to better manage and grow ur portfolio as u progress.

Good luck !!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
aremso:

cap moves like GTB in capital appreciation during bull period
Honestly i cant complain,about the stock,it has paid off well for me,it actually got to 28 intraday at some point.Still watching what it has to offer before Div payment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Honestly i cant complain,about the stock,it has paid off well for me,it actually got to 28 intraday at some point.Still watching what it has to offer before Div payment

am keeping my eye on it seriously
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
aremso:

am keeping my eye on it seriously
Though q3 not too impressive,but its a stock worth having in your portfolio,as long as you are not overpaying for it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2019
Below is noted with thanks

Valueinvestor:

I think you should just follow what Pa Emma has said or better still hold your cash and do some observation/reading for now.Most stocks have moved for now,so na siddon look we dey.So you might have to wait for another period of high pessimism (bear),so that your margin of safety will be 'tight'.cos it's always better to think of how much you stand to loose,rather than how much you stand to gain.However if you are still compelled to invest in stocks,you may look the way of Dangote cement (at 138), caverton (2.40), cap place (23.15) and Nacho ( 2.33) using limit orders.
Please do your due diligence as am not a financial analyst
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2019
leo1234:
So they didn't request for signature confirmation?
No. Maybe because this is payout sha, I dont know.
If not for their slow system, why should they require signature confirmation when BVN is there to provide all they needed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
mendes911:
6 millions unit available at N7.50. Where are those that "missed" the wonderful bus at N8, you can board now and collect 50kobo change.
Village people.. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5059) (5060) (5061) (5062) (5063) (5064) (5065) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Buzochi, Oloro29(m), Ginalex(f), Babynerd, Jonwest, megawealth01, lexy2lexy, dapix, freeman67 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.