Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11033675 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5219) (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Yes o! Even all these risks you mentioned can be mitigated and priced in, but not uncertainties cos you just don't know what you are dealing with.

You are right
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
bigjay01:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28669_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JANUARY_2020.pdf
Whenever you see the likes of Zenith bank and GTB bank losing in price, know that good news is around the corner, the always lower during this season period to carry passengers that they will bless in their km 30% to 40%.

This current bear is really creating an opportunities for people to enter, 20% to 40% return in Zenith and GTB at their current price is sure on or before next 60 days, which their returns % are higher than treasure bill and bond return.

This is from Chibuking.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
Chibuking81:

Whenever you see the likes of Zenith bank and GTB bank losing in price, know that good news is around the corner, the always lower during this season period to carry passengers that they will bless in their km 30/40%.

This current bear is really creating an opportunities for people to enter, 20/40% return in Zenith and GTB at their current price is sure on or before next 60 days, which is higher than treasure bill and bond.

This is from Chibuking.

even last yr zee did 26 and GTB 38plus still believe the duo will fly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
okebennito:
Price is not firming up as one would expect.
What's your entry price?
If it's around 18/19, just relax your mind. Go and process your e-dividend mandate form with Veritas registrar.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Marlianvestor:
That too, isn't bad. Though not optimal in this market. Go ask the dividend catchers that caught Zenith Div 2017/8 @ over N30 or even last yr's one @ N26, none has broken even up till now, capital appreciation wise. Hoping you get my gist now.
BTW, No old moniker on this platform....
Yeah!
It's alright.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
NSE ALLSHARE INDEX UPDATE FOR CLOSE OF BUSINESS 28 JAN 2020

Loss for the week: -0.81%
Gain for the year: 9.45%

Market still in uptrend till support level of 28,807.30 is breached. But for now the market is retracing, we should be worries is the major support is broken. For now we need to slow down in buying or if we need to buy, we buy at support as much as possible and buy in batched if the price of our target equity keeps falling.

For now I will not be aggressive in putting my money in the market.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
aremso:

even last yr zee did 26 and GTB 38plus still believe the duo will fly.

But K-leg fit de this year ooooo

Am just waiting for my dividend from ZB, not hopeful of any price appreciation for now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
ukay2:

But K-leg fit de this year ooooo

Am just waiting for my dividend from ZB, not hopeful of any price appreciation for now

if jim give me 20 to 35% cap appreciation zoom i bail out i may not wait for div, i will go and wait for Jim when he will humbly pass my area then i will show him shege
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Stock with new 52 week highs
Vitafoam #5.50k
No new 52 week lows

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Absolutely, Sir! Emefiele is the one causing ripples in the markets with his make-shift, make-believe policies - always giving us shocks with his heterodox actions. And as an investor/trader, you don't fight the Emperor (Just like, you don't fight the Fed) - you don't trade against the Emperor's actions, you position to benefit from his many shocks to the markets.

As CBN governor, you don't micro-manage the economy. You just provide us with a bigger picture strategic framework, guidelines and forward guidance for folks to key into re. their macroviews and investment strategies etc, period! He really needs to step back on this and see the forest for the trees - a big picture perspective!

The problem is not with the CBN governor. ...it is with the gov't at the center. It's majorly from the fiscal policy end.
Yes certain policies from the monetry end may have come at a cost in the past, but if u understand what has been playing out with the stages of monetary formulation @ the moment, u will know that Emiefula has been trying to do our leaders a favour with his interventions to give them the time to patch up the mismatches in the fiscal end.
The disconnect to the real sector which has largely impeded growth has been broadly the result of fiscal policy failures. ...and which the monetary end works to patch up.

I can tell u that the several policies from the emperor have been quite timely. ...without which we would've been in a far worse situation by now.

Let me give u a fine example;

The recent policy guide(LDR, OMO intervention etc) aimed @ curbing down the high interest rate environment and its impending effects on the growth of the country is a big plus.
Apart from helping to ease off the heightened pressure with increased cost of gov't borrowing which had become 'the order of the day', it supported the real sector by bridging the depressed growth gap that would've resulted from further strain with the quest for higher revenue mobilisation(VAT hike, other terrif hike, etc) to support cost(min. wage increase etc) given higher deficits.
In retrospect, the move which sought to broker a balance btw growing the domestic front(real growth with human capital and infrastructural developmental support in view) and getting the best off the international front(FPIs and FDIs with naira stability in view) couldn't have come at a more better time. ...especially when u consider that the gov't(fiscal) efforts have mostly been geared towards borrowing for consumption than production.
The long-term impact of double digit rate is a serious drag to real sector growth and globally, No economy can ever make real progress in that situation. Rates need to peg @ single digits and that my dear, is what the apex bank has sought to do.

Understandably, investors like u and I, PFMs, asset managers and even the banks may not like some of these moves, but the CBN isn't there to put policies that will favour us.(U should focus on preparing and aligning urself to reap from the arbitrage oppurtunity from different policy guides when they come) The CBN is there (in an auxiliary capicity to the fiscal end) to put out policies that can help spur/support domestic growth.

Now let's look @ the recent policy on CRR.
At 1st impression, the interpretation of it is that the new guideline is a draw back on the series of recent intervention aimed at encouraging lending to the real sector.
Ideally, u can not ask the banks to lend N65 for every N100 of deposit pool(65% LDR peg in view) and at the same time, ask them to keep a little more funds with u(now N27.5 for every N100 they accumulate) given the 500bps/5% increment in CRR from 22.5% to 27.5%.
For though the LDR to CRR differential which in this case will be @ circa N7.5 or 7.5%[ie.(N100-N65) - (N27.5)] still pegs a positive, it also connotes less funds for banks to play with(investment/trading activities in view), hence, a strain on CoF(funding cost).

However, people need to understand that most banks are already ahead or close to the threshold for LDR peg and the thing about EFFECTIVE CRR(current standing with the CBN in view) means that some banks who've met or even exceeded the said 27.5% peg will feel less heat.(if any)
Again, the squeeze in liquidity(the aftermath of the CRR hike) means that less funds can now play the fixed income space hence a likely rate increase in that window which banks can also gain from(I expect a reversal to the recent wave of rate drop in the FI space)
...put differently, though less funds will now pursue the FI window opportunity(in view of the sterilized additional 5%), the resultant increased rate will help compensate for the decreased funds available for it.
Additionally, the policy also means that banks will likely get a little more value for their available funds(interest income in view) as they seek to erk out more accruals on their funding stream. ...this should help limit any concern around CoF and interest expense.
I also expect that banks with above LDR required threshold(>65%) will now seek to lower their lending quest to free up funds for other plays.(think FIDELITY, FCMB and WEMA should come to mind)
There are lots to say but the bottom line is; the banks will always find a way to balance things up.

There is a need to look at what could've been the intent behind the move. ...and whether there should be any concern on the affected assets(bank stocks) VALUATION from an investing perspective. ...and on that note, there are no major concerns.
The KEY is to weigh in on the yields after raking off inherent risk from feasible REWARD and see what level of impact it captures.
People will always overreact. There is absolutely no need to fret.

If I can erk out the time, I shall do an article with an in-depth analysis on this CRR matter.

Salah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
aremso:

if jim give me 20 to 35% cap appreciation zoom i bail out i may not wait for div, i will go and wait for Jim when he will humbly pass my area then i will show him shege

grin..Make sure u re with ur body guard oo..Jim no Dey walk alone ..Na heavy entourage I’m
get
One of his buddies wey show us small sample since Nov last yr / or thereabout ..Na we run after he no gree dump finish
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millennium2012: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yespapa: 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
aremso:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
pluto09:

We are allowed to fight and disagree with Oracle but we must not be seeing to be fighting with Mr market... shocked
No matter what we think or feel, let allow Mr market to do his thing....... cool

No one wins that fight in bold.
Mr M. remains the undisputed. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That was what we told him at the other place. He should leave those in market alone, some of us love torn shirts.

grin No, I doubt ... you can't go out like this

grin grin grin

My shirt no go tear here jooo

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
veecovee:

grin No, I doubt ... you can't go out like this

grin grin grin

My shirt no go tear here jooo

That one na fashion joor. See the type wey Oracle mean. Shirt go tear but people go dey laugh cos dem no understand wetin happen yet. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Oil is our mainstay. The outlook is bearish. Even without the virus scare, it was bearish. There is a large supply. The virus scare worsened it.

As for the direction, it is just to maintain a cautious approach.

I believe this CRR news could have its impact as well.

Look at it this way: CBN will hold additional 5% of funds from bank. This fund will not be available to the banks. Banks will have to find funds. They will increase deposit rates to attract people to drop their funds with them. Those funds that are meant to find their way into the market will prefer to give bank presuming that Tbills remains depressed. That way funds are starved from NSE to support any rally.

This is another negative in addition to those that are selling off.

This points to the fact that the volume seen this January is just unusual.

Ur concern, though in line with reality, is OVERBLOWN.(refer to my post above)
Hope u are aware that with most banks, EFFECTIVE CRR already pegs ahead of even the new 27.5% minimum guide.
The problem is that u are looking at the short term concerns(which by the way, are minor) without pegging it side by side with the banks current standing and what they can also make out of the said policy(arbitrary opportunity), before matching with their likely yield.(valuation in view)
...and untill u do that, u would not have properly/effectively discounted risk from REWARD.
This risk isn't at all weighty enough to take away from reward and u should know this. ...the recent LDR increment felt more of a drawback, yet the banks are managing it just fine.

Sell off is panic driven and only folks who know not what assets they hold or why they hold it will follow the herd.

For those who do not know; this policy(CRR hike) will have an immaterial(negligible) impact on a bank like ETI and UBA given their pan African spread and the likes of ACCESS, FBNH, ZENITH and GTB given their fx currency cash standing.
With ACCESS, approx 34% of its gross loan book is denominated in fx currency.
As I have stated here in times past, these banks have a good HEDGE MECHANISM that can spur/support higher growth in interest income against interest expense.(which this policy brings to the table)
...that alone, is KEY to boosting AsQ and AsY.

Again there is NO need to fret !!
But those who want to panic sell are free to do so. ...afterall, without them there can be no 'freshness' with bargains !! wink cheesy grin

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
bigjay01:

Up team UACN

What has cap got to do with uacn?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
TLAX:

That one na fashion joor. See the type wey Oracle mean. Shirt go tear but people go dey laugh cos dem no understand wetin happen yet. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millennium2012: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
grin grin grin

bigjay01:

Up team UACN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
veecovee:

UACN owns 64% of CAPL shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
DOLLARTEX:
Total. http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28673_TOTAL_NIGERIA_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2020.pdf

Why realease unaudited full year financial statements. I guess its their own way of giving earning warnings to investors.

Total don finish chai! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Chibuking81:

Whenever you see the likes of Zenith bank and GTB bank losing in price, know that good news is around the corner, the always lower during this season period to carry passengers that they will bless in their km 30% to 40%.

This current bear is really creating an opportunities for people to enter, 20% to 40% return in Zenith and GTB at their current price is sure on or before next 60 days, which their returns % are higher than treasure bill and bond return.

This is from Chibuking.

The beauty of this business is that the perspectives are limitless.
How about the theory that this consistent fall just after declaring results every year benefits the high and mighty who hold very substantial volume and utilise their massive dividends into buying the low thereby maximising the power of compounding.
It's almost always a 2-faced coin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
veecovee:

uacn receives dividend from CAP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 7:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
millennium2012:
An impressive Result from CAP:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/28676_CAP_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2020.pdf

No wonder the recent PA.

Which kind of impressive result? The result is just neutral to say the least...

2018 EPS is 2.90 while 2019 EPS is 2.55..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
I had to go back and double-check to be sure we were looking at the same CAP result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
Intendy:
Stock with new 52 week highs

Vitafoam #5.50k

No new 52 week lows

Ekuu vitafoam 52 weeks high o

wapco miss out today

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
Chibuking81:

This is from Chibuking.

U got it right....
Thats the opportunity some of us are waitin for...
From this Jan endin to the next 3 weeks is critical ....
Both 4 dividend & cap appreciation....
B/4 result start rollin in ....
Picked up some Nestle well below N=1300 today....
Waiting for GTB & Zenith below N=30 & N=20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
veecovee:

Pastor na waa for you ooo
Who are the majority shareholders in CAP Plc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5219) (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femu(m), BabsO2(m), crownprince2017, sirrotex, chuksnnaemeka, Ofp1 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.