Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11034532 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) (5226) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

The problem is not with the CBN governor. ...it is with with the gov't at the center. It is majorly from the fiscal policy end.
Yes, certain policies from the monetry end may have come at a cost in the past, but if u understand what has been playing out with the stages of monetary formulation @ the moment, u will know that Emiefula has been trying to do our leaders a favour with his interventions to give them the time to patch up the mismatches in the fiscal end.
The disconnect to the real sector which has largely impeded growth has been broadly the result of fiscal policy failures. ...and which the monetary end works to patch up.

I can tell u that the several policies from the emperor have been quite timely. ...without which we would've been in a far worse situation by now.

Let me give u a fine example;

The recent policy guide(LDR, OMO intervention etc) aimed @ curbing down the high interest rate and its impending effects on the growth of the country is a big plus.
In retrospect, the move which sought to broker a balance btw growing the domestic front(real growth with human capital and infrastructural developmental support in view) as well as the international front(FPIs and FDIs with naira stability in view) couldn't have come at a more better time. ...especially when the gov't(fiscal) efforts have been tilted towards borrowing for consumption than production.
The long-term impact of double digit rate is a serious drag to real growth and globally, No economy can ever grow in that situation. Rates need to peg @ single digits and that my dear, is what the apex bank has sought to do.

Understandably, investors like u and I, PFMs, asset managers and even the banks may not like some of these moves, but the CBN isn't there to put policies that will favour us.(U should align urself to reap from the any arbitrage oppurtunity from different policy guides) The CBN is there (in an auxiliary capicity to the fiscal end) to put out policies that can help spur/support domestic growth.

Now let's look @ the recent policy on CRR.
At 1st, the interpretation of it might be that the policy was a draw back on the series of recent intervention to encourage lending to the real sector.
In retrospect, u can not ask the banks to lend N65 for every N100 of deposit pool(65% LDR peg in view) and @ the same time, ask them to keep a little more funds with u(now N27.5 for every N100 they accumulate) given the 500bps/5% increment in CRR from 22.5% to 27.5%.
Though the LDR to CRR differential which in this case will be @ circa N7.5 or 7.5%[ie.(N100-N65) - (N27.5)] still pegs a positive, it also connotes less funds for banks to play with(trading activities in view), hence, a strain on CoF(funding cost).

However, people need to understand that most banks are already ahead or close to the threshold for LDR peg and the thing about EFFECTIVE CRR(current standing with CBN) means that some banks may well have exceeded the said 27.5% peg.
Again, the squeeze in liquidity(the aftermath of the CRR hike) means that less funds can now play the fixed income space hence an increase in that window.(I expect a reversal to the recent drop in the FI space)
Though less funds will now pursue the FI window opportunity(sterilized additional 5% in view), the increased rate will help compensate for the lowering of available funds to play that space.
Additionally, the policy means that banks will likely get a little more value for their available funds(interest income in view) as they seek to erk out a little more interest to their lending stream. ...this should limit any concern around funding cost and interest expense.
I expect that banks with higher LDR threshold(>65%) will seek to lower their lending quest and free up funds for other plays.
The banks will always find a way to balance things up.

There is a need to look @ what could've been the intent behind the move. ...and whether there should be any concern on the affected assets(bank stocks) VALUATION from an investing perspective. ...and on that note, there are no major concerns.
The KEY is to weigh in on the yields after raking off inherent risk from feasible REWARD and see what level of impact it captures.
People will always overreact. There is absolutely no need to fret.

If I can erk out the time, I shall do an article with an in-depth analysis on this CRR matter.

Salah

Summarizing what u harped on about - d cbn is just reacting 2 d lapses of d govt's fiscal policies. The problem here is d How - d heterodox way d CBN reacts, creating unnecessary shocks 2 d mkt - fire brigade reactionary approach, rather than a well-thought out framework & guidelines that proactively accommodate d lapses in d govt's fiscal policies, Period.

Mind you, there are fiscal lapses everywhere even in Developed Mkts eg Trump vs Fed Chairman's fights, Overdragging Brexit issues vs BoE's stability stance, Euro zone's slow growth vs its CBN forward guideline re, bonds buyback etc. All these are given (known-unknowns) even as mkt players coz fiscal policies are always enmeshed in politics, d real focus is always d monetary policies and how the person in charge provides the mkts 'upfront' with framework, forward guidelines etc that ensure mkt stability regardless despite d lapses of govt fiscal policies. My aggro with Emefiele!

Many times, he is not even coherent one bit with d PMB's people-centric agenda. Dovish one minute, next minute he is hawkish... Even, his cashless policies, he's shooting himself in d foot with incoherent pronouncements re. PoS Charges etc. Abegi, kuro n be grin. Is he not part of d EMT, huh? He should be more aware of all these issues incl. PMB's economic posturing etc and provide us with a growth-centric strategic framework, taking into a/c all these dynamics... It'sn't about the FX rate mgt all the time! If right growth policies, FX will find its level.... Moreso, is he not reporting 2 d Minister of Finance or is it the other way round cos Emeliefe seems more powerful than this our bookkeeper. Really miss Madam Nkonjo with all her forward guidelines, NEED/SEED Economic framework etc.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
there is nothing to worry about in d mkt, dont panic to let go ur fundamental sound stock yet.

monthly chart will still close engulfing and next month will be higher.

grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Calebbold:

Which kind of impressive result? The result is just neutral to say the least...

2018 EPS is 2.90 while 2019 EPS is 2.55..

true,

but in view of the prevailing climate, dem try shaa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
aremso:

if jim give me 20 to 35% cap appreciation zoom i bail out i may not wait for div, i will go and wait for Jim when he will humbly pass my area then i will show him shege

What of J.O come do you strong thing with 10% capital appreciation or even come barb you dorimapa before you zoom?

�����
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
thebargainhunte:

CRR is to curb inflation from rising. You know from next month we are going to have increase in VAT.
If they reduce their dividend declarations, people will bash bank stocks.

Yes the part in bold is one of the reason for the CRR hike. The recent wave of increment in inflation was expected given the run in food commodity prices following supply shortages post border closure. The move by the apex bank is one 'diplomatic' way to manage things, especially when u consider that inflation here is broadly cost-push than demand-pull.
Perhaps the CBN might be thinking; If less money begin to chase for same goods/commodity, then prices can only likely tilt downwards than upwards.
Aside the border closure, it's also important to note that the pressure on inflation was partly aided by the season(festive period) from btw Oct-Dec given high demands at such times. ...so expect the inflatiinary pressure to gradually begin to ease off.

Yet another reason for the move is to help cushion the pressure on the Naira given the recent drop in oil price. As I said ealier, I expect rates in the fixed income space to halt its recent drop and gradually begin to inch up.
Whatever happens, banks will still make gains no matter how small.(arbitrary plays)

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
Willie2015:

U got it right....
Thats the opportunity some of us are waitin for...
From this Jan endin to the next 3 weeks is critical ....
Both 4 dividend & cap appreciation....
B/4 result start rollin in ....
Picked up some Nestle well below N=1300 today....
Waiting for GTB & Zenith below N=30 & N=20

Oga mi....u are large....missed Nestle at KM 750 3 years ago.....still waiting for it at that junction shaa ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
bigjay01:

Pastor na waa for you ooo
Who are the majority shareholders in CAP Plc?

But Sir you called him pastor , how will he know that kind of question?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UACN owns 64% of CAPL shares

Oh! i c
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
currentprice:
there is nothing to worry about in d mkt, dont panic to let go ur fundamental sound stock yet.

monthly chart will still close engulfing and next month will be higher.

grin grin grin grin grin

... loco

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
veecovee:

... loco

grin grin grin

Why Loco?

Just take away 2.15kobo from wapco,I will be back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millennium2012: 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
It's far better than the -ve earnings some coys have released. You can bet, there will be dvd at the end grin

Calebbold:

Which kind of impressive result? The result is just neutral to say the least...

2018 EPS is 2.90 while 2019 EPS is 2.55..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
locodemy:

Why Loco?

Just take away 2.15kobo from wapco,I will be back

What if it no happen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:04am On Jan 29, 2020
Mcy56:

Maybe it was my interpretation of it. Apologies if you don't mean it that way sir.
.......but the point I was trying to make in a nut shell is to get the next direction of market based on FA/TA/GA or even SA instead of dwelling on the past.

We need to appreciate the works of the likes of Sir Onifa, Agba, OGG, Fxuser, BBM etc here. What these people do for free on this platform, many experts don't do half of it and they charge ''arm and leg'' all in the name of Professional Financial Advisors. Sir Onifa and Baba Agba joke a lot and they make so much sense in their analysis as well. We don't need to throw subtle shades at anyone of them. Btw, I personally love to read sir Onifa's phrase "shirts don dey tear", "nose don dey bleed" grin grin grin etc- all nah joke.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:08am On Jan 29, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That was what we told him at the other place. He should leave those in market alone, some of us love torn shirts.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:12am On Jan 29, 2020
seemples:

Oga mi, all these I told you so, I nor tell you so since when is unbecoming of you oo ... like e never tire you? undecided Or you're up to sth else
I guess all nah just 4 laff. Nothing more in my opinion. I kinda enjoy it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Pull backs
- shocked shocked look for support
- note price rejections of day low (like hammers)
- shallow pb show strong defense (tweezer bottoms)
- patience
- month end profit taking expected
-
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 5:11am On Jan 29, 2020
currentprice:
EKuu Vitafoam and WApco new 52 weeks high o

grin grin grin

Waiting to buy WAPCO at N12.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 5:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Mcy56:
Access was sold down to 9.60.
A bid of 4M and 500k at N10 were on ground now.
This access is gradually turning to jijo stock. lipsrsealed
It's well. grin

Access making a momentary pull back to w4, should hit 13.2 - 13.8 at Q3. Not so bothered

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2020
Brent crude has bounce back, currently on 59.56 dollar. https://oilprice.com , it is a good news to stock market, especially this time because earning season do not need distraction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:26am On Jan 29, 2020
PuristForest:

Access making a momentary pull back to w4, should hit 13.2 - 13.8 at Q3. Not so bothered

Since you are waiting for WAPCO at N12 why not as well wait for ACESSSBK at N4
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:28am On Jan 29, 2020
Chibuking81:
Brent crude has bounce back, currently on 59.56 dollar. https://oilprice.com , it is a good news to stock market, especially this time because earning season do not need distraction.

ONIFA the grave digger after seeing this news grin

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:40am On Jan 29, 2020
locodemy:

Must It be Wapco?
I am only looking for a favourable opportunity.

Better quickly repurchase your WAPCO coz after release of their 2019 FY results it will trade around N26 that's 50% profit from the current.

TREASURY BILL & BARGAIN HUNTER TAKE NOTE!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2020
PETERiCHY:

PETERU, YOU LIKE TO LOOK FOR FIGHT..... grin

YOU AND THIS YOUR FUNNY MEMES.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:41am On Jan 29, 2020
fxuser:
Pull backs
- shocked shocked look for support
- note price rejections of day low (like hammers)
- shallow pb show strong defense (tweezer bottoms)
- patience
- month end profit taking expected
-

Pull backs, ... like which and which companies?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Who is this Onifa guy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:55am On Jan 29, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Loooooool

My oga Peteroooo i de your side always
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Better quickly repurchase your WAPCO coz after release of their 2019 FY results it will trade around N26 that's 50% profit from the current.

TREASURY BILL & BARGAIN HUNTER TAKE NOTE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 8:41am On Jan 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle is the ONIFA
emmanuelewumi:

Who is this Onifa guy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 8:43am On Jan 29, 2020
He is a CASE. I don laugh tire.
Coolcash1:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2020
veecovee:

What has cap got to do with uacn?

This one really got me laughing at first. .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Coolcash1:

Trouble dey sleep iyanga go wake am. No be better thing to find peter trouble ooo

grin grin grin

Onifa for no talk say THE HEAT OF THE MARKET GO MAKE SOME TEAR THEIR SHIRTS

(1) (2) (3) ... (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) (5226) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), Frangel and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.