Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10927202 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) ... (7768) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Brent digging deeper
Harder harder
Faster faster grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:
I will never and never do stock. I put so much into stocks only to regret. If I had bought lands with those funds by now I will 10000 times richer. Am sorry. Stock is like ponzi
June last year, I sold all my shares and bought land and started building. Thank God I did. I'm gradually coming back to the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agbalowomeri:
Brent digging deeper
Harder harder
Faster faster grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agbalowomeri:
Brent digging deeper
Harder harder
Faster faster grin

The worst is already done.
Ayam no more afraid until April/May.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Corona don enter Italy
Chai football matches behind closed door
Omo Nigeria ileya grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUfPHFPtD4
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agbalowomeri:
Brent digging deeper
Harder harder
Faster faster grin

It's digging and drilling on a "virgin" land, so it needs to dig/drill harder and harder, unlike old over used wells!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stock with new 52 week lows
Redstarex #3.61k

Stock with new 52 week highs
Ekocorp #5.50k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:
I will never and never do stock. I put so much into stocks only to regret. If I had bought lands with those funds by now I will 10000 times richer. Am sorry. Stock is like ponzi
so what are doing now if you are telling the truth.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Sir . I hv few questions on this fgn bonds
If I want to invest 5m for 25yrs given 13.5% interest rate , payable every 6months . Pls how much will be my total expected return on the said period . Kindly assist to clarify .thank u sir
quote author=ukay2 post=86954726]

Sir I understand. ...it is not easy.

I will advise you to buy some FGN Bonds when the yield increase again....I will remind you when the yields improve. ...currently it is about 12%

I have been able to acquire good values of FGN Bonds with average yield above 13.8% of 14.8% FGN BOND 26-April -2049. You will be getting the coupon payments of 14.8% every 6 months till maturity.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
I'm full of PRAISES I got into WAPCO... IT'S NOW TIME FOR COMFORTABLE REWARDS

THE SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
Take away the banks and you will notice how empty NSE is. Most stocks don't trade up to 50k units a day. Most have no direction. Price is always the same whether they do well or not. NSE needs to be deepened.

No wonder once it is red in the banking sector, every other sector becomes red.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 3:35am On Feb 27, 2020
PharmAlfred:
Take away the banks and you will notice how empty NSE is. Most stocks don't trade up to 50k units a day. Most have no direction. Price is always the same whether they do well or not. NSE needs to be deepened.

No wonder once it is red in the banking sector, every other sector becomes red.

Absolutely right. This year so many stocks will be buy 1 get 10 free. Nothing enticing at the moment but some here are warren buffet. They buy every dip until till everything becomes dipper grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:31am On Feb 27, 2020
Godisfaithful:

Absolutely right. This year so many stocks will be buy 1 get 10 free. Nothing enticing at the moment but some here are warren buffet. They buy every dip until till everything becomes dipper grin

Chai Oando real deal with this my guy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:19am On Feb 27, 2020
US identifies first case of coronavirus
No be village I go go hide so grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2020
are they declaring 1 for 1 bonus grin grin grin grin
godlyguy:
I'm full of PRAISES I got into WAPCO... IT'S NOW TIME FOR COMFORTABLE REWARDS

THE SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:22am On Feb 27, 2020
Naa under the the pillow now and cash on top, Lol!
Agbalowomeri:
US identifies first case of coronavirus
No be village I go go hide so grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2020
Good morning elders in the house. Please, I am confused on something: QUALIFICATION DATE as it concerns dividends. I need practical explanation. Assuming that the qualifications date for a stock is 30th, which date must I buy to still be qualify for dividends? If I buy on that 30th will I still be qualified? Or I must buy some days before that day. I saw somewhere T+3 rule. Please I do be appreciative if this puzzle is solved for me so that I don't make a mistake.

Cc
AUNTY MCY
OGG
OGA AGBA
and the dividends investor-in-chief OGA EMMA
and every other elder here willing to help me with this.
Thank you and God bless
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Marketapprentic:
Good morning elders in the house. Please, I am confused on something: QUALIFICATION DATE as it concerns dividends. I need practical explanation. Assuming that the qualifications date for a stock is 30th, which date must I buy to still be qualify for dividends? If I buy on that 30th will I still be qualified? Or I must buy some days before that day. I saw somewhere T+3 rule. Please I do be appreciative if this puzzle is solved for me so that I don't make a mistake.

Cc
AUNTY MCY
OGG
OGA AGBA
Thank you and God bless

If you buy on qualification day, you qualify
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Not always sir.
I had an experience with my broker on this sometimes a go.
I bought a day before qualification date and I was not paid the dividend.
The explanation from my broker was that it will take 3 days before the stock settle in my account and I didn't take it further.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:57am On Feb 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

There has always been the slight misconception on how best to differentiate between Qualification date and Closure of register.
But the truth is that as investors our concern should only be with just one of this process, which is the former.
...because the later isn't really of any core benefit to us.
For the sake of those who still see confusion in the mix, I shall make an attempt to clear things up.
But before I do that, let's try and define the 2 terms, shall we;

Qualification date- This is simply the last day for which a prospective investor can purchase a share in anticipation of receiving any dividend or bonus (script issue) following the declaration of result by a listed company.

Closure of registrar- This is the period within which a company updates its register/database with the view of determining the no of shareholders eligible or qualified for a dividend or bonus.

Now let's break it down further a bit;
1st on Qualification date;
Note that it is just A SPECIFIC DATE. ...JUST A DAY (ie 3rd of Aprill ).
From the definition, it simply means that for one to QUALIFY or in other words partake of a dividend or bonus, u have to PURCHASE that share from ur target company ON OR BEFORE THE SPECIFIED DATE. ...or SELL AT LEAST A DAY AFTER THE SPECIFIED DATE.
...and so any purchase/sale made after the period explained for both buy and sale will be deemed ineligible.

Now on Closure of register;
Note that unlike qualification date, it is usually a range of days (ie 4-9th of Aprill ...though in rare cases, might also be a single day).
From the definition, this is just the day(s) when the company gets to work to update their register with a view to ascertaining those eligible for any coperate declaration(s) made. (ie ...including those who bought on or before the qualification date and excluding those who sold).
...this is why often times, u may hear statements like 'those whose names appear in the register of booklet on ... ...

From the explanations above, it therefore means that as investors, our basis for concern should only be with the QUALIFICATION DATE (...whether we are qualified to partake or not), and not THE CLOSURE OF REGISTER (...which is clearly a matter for the company).
Now there might sometimes be a few cases where the QUALIFICATION DATE is the same as the 1st day within the range of days for the CLOSURE OF REGISTER (ie qualification date 8th March. ... closure of register 8-11th of March).
In this scenerio, the company plans to immediately start out with updating their register on the last day of qualification.
...well if they wish to, then that's a matter for them. ...ur only concern is to make sure u are eligible for anything declared whether u are buying or selling. ...and how do u do that? ...just ensure u bought ON OR BEFORE THE QUALIFICATION DATE or u sold AT LEAST A DAY AFTER THE QUALIFICATION DATE.
Using the declaration from that of zenith bank 2017 YE result (qualification date April 3rd. ...closure of register April 4-9th), the buyer must buy on or before April 3rd to qualify, while the seller has to sell at least a day after April 3rd. ...that is, from April 4th upwards to qualify.
Notice how the seller can sell even within the days of the closure of register or anytime after it, while the buyer can not because he only has until the exact day of qualification to make his purchase if he wants to be eligible.
One other important point to note is the scenerio where an investor sold on the exact day of qualification. ...in this case, the buyer he sold to takes precedence and therefore qualifies ahead of the seller.

CONCLUSION:
As an investor, what should interest u should only be the QUALIFICATION DATE.
In summary, to qualify for any declaration, just note the QUALIFICATION DATE and BUY ON OR BEFORE THAT DATE or SELL AT LEAST A DAY AFTER THAT DATE.

So the next time u purchase or wish to sell a share from a company with a dividend or bonus in view, just concentrate and concern urself only with the QUALIFICATION DATE and forget about the closure of register.

...Unless of curse u are one of those handling the said companys register or database. wink cheesy

hope this helps some persons out there.
Marketapprentic:

Cc
AUNTY MCY
OGG
OGA AGBA
Thank you and God bless

Take ur time to read through the post above.

Regards

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:06am On Feb 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

I just wrote an article with the title:

"A TRIP TO DANGOTE CEMENT"

https://www.booksie.com/612863-a-trip-to-dangote-cement

It's published on booksie, medium and the personal finance section of opinion Nigeria.
U may wish to read through it by using the link above.

Regards.

A DIG ON DONGOTE CEMENT 2019 PERFORMANCE.

I do NOT hold or intend to buy DANGOTE CEMENT, but looking at the coys 2019 YE FP, it looks like the worries are exaggerated.
For while it'll be fitting to say that the company's performance was below average, it'd be unfair to tag it an extremely poor/bad result.
Yes there are RISK but it makes sense to look at the underlying factors behind those draw backs in other to properly rate performance and assign reward(investment risk-return in view)

A brief;

Looking at the coys operating margin, I'd say that not much changed, and here's why;

• 1st off, Revenue margin was relatively flat(@ circa <2% yoy) even when the group suffered an over 41% drop in export. ...a result of the recent border closure which had a huge strain on sales drive in Q4.
To help cushion this though, management has hinted of its plan to start off its export to neighbouring African countries from its DR Congo plant in time this yr.

• The near 50% drop in PAT MARGIN was more of the result of an incentive with prior yr than inefficiency in the yr under review... in view of the significantly higher tax expense in 2019 compared to a tax incentive/credit in 2018.
For emphasis, the group had a tax rebate(credit) in 2018, as a result of a tax provision on earnings made from 3 of its production subsidiaries(Obajana line 4 and production lines 3 and 4). ...given that approval for tax exemption was yet to be granted(to these lines) under the PTI which the coy enjoyed at the time.(NTS from FP in view)
The result was that the tax credit(near 90B) was added to the group's 2018 Nos. ...hence given the 2018 pat margin an undue boost(approx 22.9% premium to PBT) ahead of 2019.
If the said tax from 2018 had been expended, pat for that yr would've been ~N211B. ...and earnings for the yr under review relative to then, would've just been <5%, and not the ~49% drop which merely looking at the result paints.

But there are clear worries;

• Unlike 2018(when govt spending is usually high given the need to woo electorates prior to an election yr), 2019 was expected to be tough for DC given the likelihood of less infrastructural and developmental project.(the usual uncertainties in an election yr)
...in that line, one would've thought that magt should've been more effective with optimizing cost.
But for anything, efficiency means that cost line should have come in lower in 2019 than 2018, but this was'nt the case.
For emphasis, it makes less sense for the company to add about 1049 personal to its workforce, 85 to it highest wage payroll(>/=20M) and up their SRC at a time they were supposed to be conservative(admin exp/SDE from 2019 YE review)

• There are also indications that the company may be finding it tougher containing its competitors.
The relatively flat peg in production vols despite a higher CoF(due in part to fx loss) and over 115% YoY spend in advertising and promotions(the highest jump in yrs) paints a struggle in the race to maintain mkt share.
Again, the coys current FOCF to revenue continues to reflect that struggle.

• Elsewhere, management's decision to retain less fund and pay out(as dividend) more than what it earned in the yr(@ circa 35.9% premium to PAT) is an indication that it might be seen less headroom for growth(more hurdles ahead)
The coys depreciating capital spending and NPM growth rate also mirrors this fact.

However, when these red flags are pegged side by side with feasible return, there is still a small margin to tap from.
...but then again, because margin contracted from prior yr as RISK gained a little more weight than REWARD, my FVE raking off sorrounding worries now pegs @ N174.15. ...an approx 11.8% shortfall from the last guidance of N197.40.(refer to the article from the post above)

Will I buy DANGOTE CEMENT now? No !! ...well, at least for now.(unless I see a 39-47% discount from current mkt price)
Why? ...there are better coys to permute from the exchange at the moment(value chase in view)

DISCLAIMER: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation. ...the need to always carry out due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

My advise: Pls follow ur instinct.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2020
The vindictive fumigation brazenly expressed on our elders here yesterday, purportedly engineered by a money doubling inspired investment chameleon is unnecessary.
Who engages in a football competition without goal posts and a referee?
A review of how certain processes are carried out by either a bot here is necessary to mask the banalisation and eventual maladjustment of a very veritable orb of productive mental diffusion, a core light point of this forum.
Perhaps it is time to clinically microscope this bot, who knows if it recently got updated from WUHAN.
Let all gamblers relocate to a 'safe' betting site and save us the adrenaline spillage their familiar spirits are oozing out here.
If you don't hear from me after this post, check me @ BOT headquarters, I may likely be undergoing intensive questioning there.
Fluidity is the life saving ludicrous gesture of the beach palm trees, ADAPT or be BROKEN............... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2020
Na wa oo. To read post again, one needs to be checking dictionary upandan. What's this world turning into sef?

DeRuggedProf:
The vindictive fumigation brazenly expressed on our elders here yesterday, purportedly engineered by a money doubling inspired investment chameleon is unnecessary.
A review of how certain processes are carried out by either a bot here is necessary to mask the banalisation and eventual maladjustment of a very veritable orb of productive mental diffusion, a core light point of this forum.
Perhaps it is time to clinically microscope this bot, who knows if it recently got updated from WUHAN.
Let all gamblers relocate to a 'safe' betting site and save us the adrenaline spillage their familiar spirits are oozing out here.
If you don't hear from me after this post, check me @ BOT headquarters, I may likely be undergoing intensive questioning there.
Fluidity is the life saving ludicrous gesture of the beach palm trees, ADAPT or be BROKEN............... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2020
chillykelly86:

Na wa oo. To read post again, one needs to be checking dictionary upandan. What's this world turning into sef?

Some posts are not meant to be read. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29170_FORTE_OIL_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2020.pdf
Can this be iñterpreted as the directors of ARDOVA did not recommend àny dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

Take ur time to read the post above.

Regards

Thank you very much Oga OGG. That was extensive and detailed to letter. I could not ask for more. When I grow up, "I would want to be like 'you'" you noo!

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 10:41am On Feb 27, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Thanks my chief.
My not-quickly-annoyed chief with many wives.
I salute you.
I appreciate your response.
When I grow up ehh!

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 10:42am On Feb 27, 2020
pluto09:

Not always sir.
I had an experience with my broker on this sometimes a go.
I bought a day before qualification date and I was not paid the dividend.
The explanation from my broker was that it will take 3 days before the stock settle in my account and I didn't take it further.

Thank you sir for your healthy reaction.
God bless.
Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

Wetin onifa no go see for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:49am On Feb 27, 2020
PETERiCHY:
The day of RAGE is finally HERE
Best entry point for JIJOIST should be MONTH END

BARGAIN HUNTER TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPus*

The BONANZA is OVER
Let's FASTEN our SEATBELTS for another JOLLY RIDE.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:58am On Feb 27, 2020
PETERiCHY:

The BONANZA is OVER
Let's FASTEN our SEATBELTS for another JOLLY RIDE.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

Fasten your seat belts, the driver escaped through the window..... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2020
Please how can I listen/phone-in for the earnings conference call for companies on the NSE. Where can I find such information?

Thank you for your responses.

Ogas: @Emma @RabbiDoracle @OGG @Agba

(1) (2) (3) ... (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) ... (7768) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talktofemi, Adinije(f), BabsO2(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.