Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,673 members, 7,840,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10991394 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5330) (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) ... (7788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wanity(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ibrahim505:

N5050

Ahhh hope they're good ooh 5k is that a prank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
salanda:

Well that statement is not entirely true. There are usually patterns created for the perspicacious to decipher.

Then all market timers should have been multi billionaires by now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
salanda:

Well that statement is not entirely true. There are usually patterns created for the perspicacious to decipher.

angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Love double-digit yield! grin Cool way to pay yourself an annuity - Imagine investing say N100m on FGN bonds @ 12% net equals N1m monthly income, that would conservatively take care of all your bills....

Brother ur head they dir

Na to locate the N100m be d koko

na d journey i been dey for more than 2 decade noww but the destination dey be like mirage but no retreat no surrender

when i finally get the destination i no go even look FGN bond na to do Eurobond (8%) so that head or tail (devaluation wise) i win

but my brother that destination ehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn na wire

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mendes911, I am good, have been enjoying my vacation while the market fell like a bit*h; Banking stocks taking the most hit.

I am not surprised as we envisaged a next support @ 27000, but i imagined the high CAP stocks would take us down there prior to a reversal.

Lets hope that the worst is behind us. The next two days are crucial. If the next two days are not bullish, I would fear for the exchange (being conservative with my words on the consequence).

I have learnt to never say never on the NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Even in a burning Market, people are still investing and making money.

Some of have never left the market even during recession, because that is what businesses men do .

You don't close because business is bad.

True... but sha make sure you close the purchasing dept of the business until price drop stabilizes so as to prevent badt mkt. grin Good sense of mkt dynamics and its direction, the koko even the Ibo traders know this like the back of their hands.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Then all market timers should have been multi billionaires by now

And all chartist/technical traders will be in same multi billionaires club as well. But we know this is far from the case.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

'Holding stock for long term in NSE is unprofitable, at least, since the 2007 crash. .......In the past the preponderance of opinions of our gurus was that long term is good and short term a sin. I sense that in this Nsempa there is more tolerance of shortermers because they actually make money. This is a good development. Short termers, and even Jijoist, must be encouraged to disclose their strategies, methodology, observations, tips and tricks. I suspect that money bags have assembled groups of young jijo traders in the NSE who are given access to billions of Naira whose sole purpose is to make 10% over and over again for their masters, a sort of real life Wall Street Warriors scenario. My kudos goes to pioneering shortermers and jijost on this forum'

I wrote the above three months ago but one of our gurus called me an olodo instead of allowing members to consider the possibility, strange as it may be. Now Marlianvestor has raised similar issue. This time around the NSE warriors are satisfied with 5% or less gain. That those guys will sell for the smallest gain is confirmed truth for how can one explain selling Zenith for N19. At what price did they buy, was fees and commission not paid? This is why somebody suspected that counterfeit shares printed to order are been sold. May be our jijoists should consider coming down from 10% to stand a chance.

Once you have conviction re. trading/investing style, just stick to your action plan and only use the "gurus" for sounding-off or confirmation mechanism if need be. Besides, most of these "gurus" are only as good as their last performance. The future is for everyone if you can grab it.... Just actionalise your plan regardless and you learn from it as it evolves....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
seyisanya:
Sir, in my opinion, it is the best thing that happened to NSE since it was introduced. It has helped to put some notorious analogue stockbrokers to check and equally presented a golden opportunity for investors to take charge of their investment journey. Regarding developing an itchy finger, I doubt if it has anything to do with the introduction of online stock trading, it is primarily a thing of the mind. If you have no plan/strategy of your own, then be ready to get your fingers burnt. I monitor price movement daily and I still have a good percentage of stocks that I bought in August 2019 in my portfolio as we all await our dividend payment soon tongue. I just love the euphoria of the price movement while I sip my coffee cool cool cool

Correct guy!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Love double-digit yield! grin Cool way to pay yourself an annuity - Imagine investing say N100m on FGN bonds @ 12% net equals N1m monthly income, that would conservatively take care of all your bills....

Now your coding on FGN Bonds

I have coded it since

Many will soon start coding it too

Loooooool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Some got 14%,

My yield now is 13.8% till 2049

Just enough sipping my Zobo and getting my coupon, decide where to be investing it.

Probably by 2023 election, long term fgn bond yields may be selling at a discount

Then I will start reinvesting the coupons then

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
TLAX:

What I know is that the long term is a series of short terms. As long as you keep your eyes on your portfolio and keep your ears open for company news, especially for executives that go rogue, long term investors should outperform "jijo fellows" over a specific time horizon. The only condition is that long termers should rebalance portfolios in response to company specific news and should forget about loving specific companies/stocks. Once the price of shares you hold has exceeded the value you ascribe to it, its logical to sell it and not hold on.

There are jijo opportunities no doubt, but like day traders 10% on a sustainable basis is very rare. Even NEM and OANDO have given around 10% twice in the last 6 months but its fraught with danger. Beyond UACN and WAPCO, which many will now claim they did jijo in, i challenge folks to name 5 stocks they have done jijo with in the past 6 months lets back test and see how valuable this strategy is. The dataset is available.

Meanwhile out of that 10%, NSE, SEC and Stockbrokers own between 2% - 3% depending on which broker you are using.

Oga that one no be long term investor nauw! grin More like a swing investor with clear entry and exit plan o! Better still, a looong Jijoist (re. local parlance here). Long-term investor, to me, is the buy and hold tight investor! The ancestral ones with holding period of over 5 years....

Re. 10% backtesting the last 6 months, huh? That's too far gone. Try the last 90 days -with the ff liquid stocks - Access, Zenith, FBNH, GTBank NB (Yes, NB). You said five stocks. Can double the number for you, if you desire..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

True... but sha make sure you close the purchasing dept of the business until price drop stabilizes so as to prevent badt mkt. grin Good sense of mkt dynamics and its direction, the koko even the Ibo traders know this like the back of their hands.

You don't need to close the purchasing dept.

Just look for other products that is on demand, that is what my Ibo traders always do. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
robobo:

Brother ur head they dir

Na to locate the N100m be d koko

na d journey i been dey for more than 2 decade noww but the destination dey be like mirage but no retreat no surrender

when i finally get the destination i no go even look FGN bond na to do Eurobond (8%) so that head or tail (devaluation wise) i win

but my brother that destination ehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn na wire

With God, all things are possible! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
salanda:

Well that statement is not entirely true. There are usually patterns created for the [b]perspicacious [/b]to decipher.

Chai chai
For inside this heat again grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Some got 14%,

O ga ju! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Godisfaithful:

grin...Maybe Warren Buffet. I would rather buy a stock 3x lower than buy 4x higher because of dividend. That’s how to make money in a down market.

Then your are not a good trader, you might even miss your target while waiting for 3x lower.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
ukay2:

Now your coding on FGN Bonds

I have coded it since

Many will soon start coding it too

Loooooool

Yes o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
ukay2:

Just enough sipping my Zobo and getting my coupon, decide where to be investing it.

Probably by 2023 election, long term fgn bond yields may be selling at a discount

Waiting for another 29 years is damn too loooong, well there is a secondary market for bonds
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

You don't need to close the purchasing dept.

Just look for other products that is on demand, that is what my Ibo traders always do. grin grin

grin grin Just teasing.... But sha, if another product, that is a different ball game entirely o - like leaving the stock mkt product to enter T-bills product grin.

I do get your point, sir! Maybe not the analogy....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
lancee:
UBA 1.00K don land grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
i hope those investing in bond market understand how the market works. Thorough understanding of impact of interest rate and inflation rate on bond's yield and price is a sine qua non for anybody putting money into it. Don't just join the bandwagon. Your principal is not guaranteed as its subject to market fluctuations.

In other news, team wapco don't be carried away by the noise. Hold tight and buy more units for the day of reward is fast approaching... cool

#Back to ghost mode.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
EKuu mkt o

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Oga that one no be long term investor nauw! grin More like a swing investor with clear entry and exit plan o! Better still, a looong Jijoist (re. local parlance here). Long-term investor, to me, is the buy and hold tight investor! The ancestral ones with holding period of over 5 years....

Re. 10% backtesting the last 6 months, huh? That's too far gone. Try the last 90 days -with the ff liquid stocks - Access, Zenith, FBNH, GTBank NB (Yes, NB). You said five stocks. Can double the number for you, if you desire..... cheesy

Being a long term Investor does not mean you don't sell your shares, you sell when the fundamentals and earnings of the business does not support the price of the stock. I sold my Intercontinental bank shares at N40, because the fundamentals does not support the price. Same with Skye Bank, I sold for N6.00. During the special dividend of N7 by GSK, I sold at N40. Sold UACN at N40, Wema Bank at N3.50.

But if the business is churning out good profits, it is growing, paying dividends, increasing the dividends and it is still appropriately priced, why should I sell? I will sell when it is fundamentally expensive and overpriced, but won't sell or buy any stock because of market euphoria or pessimism

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Coolcash1:
i hope those investing in bond market understand how the market works. Thorough understanding of impact of interest rate and inflation rate on bond's yield and price is a sine qua non for anybody putting money into it. Don't just join the bandwagon. Your principal is not guaranteed as its subject to market fluctuations.

In other news, team wapco don't be carried away by the noise. Hold tight and buy more units for the day of reward is fast approaching... cool

#Back to ghost mode.

Look out for opportunities to buy at a discount.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
chart update

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
ukay2:

Dr., u b man with a lionheart. 29 years! Wow!! Sir, dash me ur courage ooo. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

grin grin Just teasing.... But sha, if another product, that is a different ball game entirely o - like leaving the stock mkt product to enter T-bills product grin.

I do get your point, sir! Maybe not the analogy....

Even on the NSE there other products (stocks) that will give profits.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Marlianvestor:

Hahahahaha...M.A.R.L.I.A.N grin grin grin. I gbadun you gan nii. Sir Loco and Oga Peteru go soon come add to the list.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Being a long term Investor does not mean you don't sell your shares, you sell when the fundamentals and earnings of the business does not support the price of the stock. I sold my Intercontinental bank shares at N40, because the fundamentals does not support the price. Same with Skye Bank, I sold for N6.00. During the special dividend of N7 by GSK, I sold at N40. Sold UACN at N40, Wema Bank at N3.50.

But if the business is churning out good profits, it is growing, paying dividends, increasing the dividends and it is still appropriately priced, why should I sell? I will sell when it is fundamentally expensive and overpriced, but won't sell or buy any stock because of market euphoria or pessimism

Even Warren Buffet, the OG long term investor does sell when the underlying business of such stock has gone haywire.... That one is understandable and makes optimal investment sense, like you did, Sir! It is the way that Oga TLAX aptly describes what long-term investor is and its comparison to short-term Jijoist, that is the aggro....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5330) (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) ... (7788) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: delvzy(m), SonofElElyonRet, mails4funshi(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.