Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,889 members, 7,838,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10980836 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) ... (7784) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
seyisanya:
Dr., u b man with a lionheart. 29 years! Wow!! Sir, dash me ur courage ooo. cool

A girl who will be born later this year will go to Reception, Nursery, Primary, JSS, SSS, Graduate, get a job, marry, born two kids, one in Reception, another in Primary before this prodigal cash returns home ... grin
I can ALMOST BET that I can double this cash in 12 months in this bear market, then by November 2021..... grin
I know a few people here who can help me do this...... grin
It's a good one for diversification if the cash is HUGE.
My people have a saying that " A hungry man does not seek advice on how to preserve food"...... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
mendes911:

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29178_DANGOTE_CEMENT_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_FEBRUARY_2020.pdf

Dangote Cement. No wonder dividend declaration came first.

This is awful result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
currentprice:
chart update

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thks for these charts, Sir! Mkt is so technically oversold even from the double time frames... Reversal to the upside imminent. Besides a lot of mood swings in the mkt lately that doesn't reflect the fundamentals. Still cherry-picking mode!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

No tax credit

And PAN African entities that made loss for the company....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
currentprice:
chart update

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1Cor 14:27-28

If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent........ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
thebargainhunte:

This is awful result.

Yet to read it. Oracle told me Dangcem won't have an impressive result..... grin

Let's look deeper, something good may be found in it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marlianvestor: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Coolcash1:
i hope those investing in bond market understand how the market works. Thorough understanding of impact of interest rate and inflation rate on bond's yield and price is a sine qua non for anybody putting money into it. Don't just join the bandwagon. Your principal is not guaranteed as its subject to market fluctuations.

In other news, team wapco don't be carried away by the noise. Hold tight and buy more units for the day of reward is fast approaching... cool

#Back to ghost mode.

At least, relatively speaking, they are sure of both return on capital and return of capital (principal) in absolute term (not real term cos of inflation). Besides, it is the inflation expectation at the end of the bond tenor that is the koko. If inflation at the end of the say 5 yr FGN bond tenor is expected to be in lowly single digit, then double joy for bond holders re. real term returns. But first things first, the double-digit yield - the opportunity cost re. other asset classes for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

Yet to read it. Oracle told me Dangcem won't have an impressive result..... grin

Its not only Dangote

the Cement Sector in general

Competitive industry analysis wise the Sector is just entering into the same cycle that the Brewery sector is half way gone (though causative factor might differs)

The sector is moving gradually away from being a price giver to a price taker

Efficiency and Muscle wld matter more as we go forward

those in BUA / Wapco shld take note however Dangote situation cld have been worsen by the goverment hell bent on ending loophole in the country tax system (e.g. Pioneer Tax)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dangote will soon look for buyers for his cement factory grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
seyisanya:
Dr., u b man with a lionheart. 29 years! Wow!! Sir, dash me ur courage ooo. cool

Na small heart I get....LOOOOOOOL

My FGN Bond of year 2000 matured 2020....20 year bond

Another one of year 2015 matured 2020 .....5 year bond

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
robobo:

Its not only Dangote

Competitive industry analysis wise the Sector is just entering into the same cycle that the Brewery sector is half way gone (though causative factor might differs)

those in BUA / Wapco shld take note however Dangote situation cld have been worsen by the goverment hell bent on ending loophole in the country tax system (e.g. Pioneer Tax)

They all complain of glut but they still wouldn't reduce cost of cement.

Alhaji might be dumping this business once the refinery kicks off.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

#KayaDumping starts continues tomorrow shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
mendes911:

Cost of production nko?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
robobo:

Its not only Dangote

This is why the safest buy IF YOU MUST BUY is WAPCO.
Coming from a very bad position, the share price is the safest.
Any little progress will look MASSIVE in comparison..... angry
The power of RELATIVITY.

NB: I have long term units here. Keeping them like bonds, until cash misses road into wrong hands that stumble on the shares. ... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=yok post=86639705]DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 14 FEB 2020/INSIDER VIEW OF SOME YET TO BE RELEASE RESULTS

I was a little bit surprised when someone suggested that whoever wants to have a foreknowledge of yet to be released results should actually pay somebody to show him the result brought to the exchange before it is made public. Okay, I am not blaming that person, but in this era of high technology, that is not necessary. why don't we place a recording device in that board room or better still in the CFO's Office where the results are likely to be 1st submitted or even going further, placing a sort of CCTV inside the computer that the Finance section of the company is using (I prefer this last option, in that case I can even get the result before the finance people even finalise the figure, okay).

Let us take these figure down and then compare the actual with the forecasts below (if you go through my tread or better still our twitter pages you will see something similar (I am apologizing to our subscribers that we are disclosing some of the figure they have been planning with for like 2 month into the past):

FOR YEAREND/PERIOD END 31 DEC 2019
Company Expected Change in Result against previous year

Access Bank +24%
Caverton -19%
Cutix -31%
Dangote Cement -53% (may not be this large due to Dec effect)

FOR YEAREND/PERIOD END 31 MARCH 2020
Company Expected Change in Result against previous year
Transcorp -38%
Julius Berger +500% (likely to be better)

Follow up to our profit forecast released to the general public (probably for the 2nd Time on February 14. The result for Dangcem, was forecasted nearly perfect to the actual. Again, I will say a big thank you to our subscribers/followers, especially people like Jamace, God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
mendes911:

My Oga typical of all businessmen u dont expect them to reduce price just like that until they have exhaust all other options (see as Alhaji keep promoting it as an alternative to bitumen in road construction)

However last last someone wld have to let the cat out first (im suspecting BUA) then the other wld follow suit although we might still be a little far off that (say 2 years) cos alterantives (one of which is mentioned above) is presently being explored.

As for Alhaji leaving, i dont think so (cos of size / sentiment) as u can see its African expansion which had not subsided. Although ultimately he might whittle down his share of it (a la the buy back and some manouvers to list in international centres (london / new york e.t.c) that had been ongoing for abt 2 - 3 years)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agbalowomeri:
Dangote will soon look for buyers for his cement factory grin grin grin

Let him go and get the CEO of BUACEM as well..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
DeRuggedProf:

This is why the safest buy IF YOU MUST BUY is WAPCO.
Coming from a very bad position, the share price is the safest.
Any little progress will look MASSIVE in comparison..... angry
The power of RELATIVITY.

NB: I have long term units here. Keeping them like bonds, until cash misses road into wrong hands that stumble on the shares. ... grin

Nice perpective my oga
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dumping start from the top...Dangote Cement lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
UBA closed at 7.15 today after intraday low of 6.60/high of 7.30. grin
Our 1 naira dividend loading. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Cost of production nko?

Increased sales nko?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
mendes911:

Increased sales nko?

It was flat in 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Making a profit after tax of N200 billion and paying dividend of N273 billion, is what I frown at. Dipping hands into the reserves to pay dividend.

That is Dangote cement

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by newoffer: 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
I will never and never do stock. I put so much into stocks only to regret. If I had bought lands with those funds by now I will 10000 times richer. Am sorry. Stock is like ponzi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
I foresee UACN paying dividends from the reserves maybe dividend of 60k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:
I will never and never do stock. I put so much into stocks only to regret. If I had bought lands with those funds by now I will 10000 times richer. Am sorry. Stock is like ponzi

I also lost big time speculating on lands, if you are not a lawyer, surveyor, estate valuer, builder, town planner or other real estate professional do not speculate on land in Lagos, unless you have enough money to develop the land within 12 months.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Care4: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:

I started trading in 2006. Was pumping cash in every month until the 2008 crash.

Then my eyes opened to something overlooked, real estate. I bought landed property and built small rental units. No regrets.

Did I leave the market? No, I limited my exposure. You can do thesame.

(I do cryptos too, it's Forex I don't have the mind for).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:
Ooops, number 1. Next? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:

Sorry oga, stock is a ponzi to you cos you tot is a get rich quick stuff and you never bothered to study and know the nitty gritty of where u wants to put your money. i will rather buy houses from the returns of my stock investment my opinion though. For your info, with coming months are head if you are in stocks you will still loose more that is the fact and i cant hide this from you until you go back and conduct in depth research and get a mentor in the area of stock investments, your 1m will always turn to 10k in the long run. As for me and my entire house hold we shall always invest in stocks till Jesus comes. More regrets will still come after earning season
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Shirt don dey tear one by one.

@Newoffer, Try and learn from your mistakes. Those urging you to buy have all kept quiet. grin

Can you list the stock(s) you bought and let's see if we can find an advice for you on how to salvage the situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wanity(m): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:

How you learn from your experience put your hands on your head and say:

From today onward if I see anything related to stock I will run an never look back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
newoffer:
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) ... (7784) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amaa2019(m), bubykay01, Ades1, Prince081, Streetinvestor2, bolton08(m), onegentleguy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.