Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10937280 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) ... (7771) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Bros, there is nothing wrong with fundamentals of most company around the world.

Investors are pricing in lots of things right now with the coronavirus and oil price issues. They are even pricing in US and global recession. The US 10 year yield is pushing the Fed to do further cut.

There is flight to safety first.

But i keep asking

WHERE IS THE SAFETY?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchefrancis16(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2020
I tried purchasing the federal government bond announced earlier in January through stanbic bank and the whole thing is looking So difficult and confusing.

At first, despite stanbic being listed as one of the places one can get the bond, their staffs didn’t know anything about it. I had to make calls upon calls to their various customer care number before I could get hold of someone who understood me.

To cut the long story short, I went to the bank, explained to the staff in charge of bonds whom as expected knew nothing about it. But after I gave her some specific information about the bond as given to me by their customer care, she swong into action.

But up till now, we are stock at opening a cscs account. I’ve been to the bank trice to ask why it’s taking time, and it’s one story to the other.

Pls, does it take time to open a cscs account? We’ve been on this since January. Last time they told me the ID provided was dark. I’ve given them another ID, yet it’s taking ages.

Also, is there a way I can get this bond easily. I am considering approaching Firstbank.

Kindly note it’s not the normal fgn savings bond with max of 5 years tenure. This one has upto 30 years and with better rates. See screenshot for more details

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2020
I've never seen this kind of offers in NSE before. sad
Well, we may wake up tomorrow and another good news will surface again. The thing is, we should try and be reducing out exposure in NSE. Maybe move to much safer investments such as mutual funds, treasury bills and govt bonds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

grin grin

But I warned guys that last week there could be a recovery for 2 to 3 days before Noah's Ark will set sail.

You did!

My thoughts are with those who wanted to JIJO.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2020
robobo:
But i keep asking
WHERE IS THE SAFETY?
My bros thanks for the question.
There's no safety anywhere except in God.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2020
leo1234:

You did o.

A time will come, we will be so scared to buy stocks.

That is the time of maximum fear. It is yet to come.

Just like the time of maximum euphoria where people didn't want to get down from their high. grin

At that point, commonsense should be applied.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2020
leo1234:

It's well.
it' well my brother.Zenith 172 million on full offer.The revelation was clear on my left ear last week,I called my son,oboy oboy,lets go let's go forget this 2.5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2020
robobo:

But i keep asking

WHERE IS THE SAFETY?

What you can control is a measure of safety, cash-in-hand. The value may depreciate but then, you can put it to use when you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MoneyMakingOppo: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2020
Any advice where to invest N1.5m now that stocks are going crazy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Just like the time of maximum euphoria where people didn't want to get down from their high. grin

spot on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2020
robobo:

But i keep asking

WHERE IS THE SAFETY?

In the US, they are rushing into all US treasuries. 2 year, 5 year, 10 year, 30 year. That is why those rates are severely depressed. Even at 0.5%, investors are still rushing it.

But here in Nigeria, na to hold cash O. Naira, forex anyone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Homextras: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2020
NAHCO sighted at N2.25, with no one buying. EPS of how much again?
JB at N20. GTB full offer at N22, MESHPIPS, we are sorry!
This is Armageddon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:54am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

The time is here already.
If this daily 10% loss continues till friday, what will be left?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:56am On Mar 09, 2020
DOLLARTEX:
it' well my brother.Zenith 172 million on full offer.The revelation was clear on my left ear last week,I called my son,oboy oboy,lets go let's go forget this 2.5.

LOL.

And there was good oppurtunity for people to bail out at N20.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 10:56am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

In the US, they are rushing into all US treasuries. 2 year, 5 year, 10 year, 30 year. That is why those rates are severely depressed. Even at 0.5%, investors are still rushing it.

But here in Nigeria, na to hold cash O. Naira, forex anyone.

Hedging can be a very good option now if this rate tarries for long, Naira may be devalued.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2020
Homextras:
NAHCO sighted at N2.25, with no one buying. EPS of how much again?
JB at N20. GTB full offer at N22, MESHPIPS, we are sorry!
This is Armageddon!

Meshpips didn't see this coming. Stop disturbing him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2020
Access laughing at GTB, Zenith and UBA. They will be like, "Wetin the big dividend come do for una?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2020
leo1234:

He saw it o grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2020
leo1234:

The time is here already.
If this daily 10% loss continues till friday, what will be left?

A can will still be left. People will carry the can!

Rule number 1: Don't be too greedy that you will be the last one carrying the can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

A can will still be left. People will carry the can!

Rule number 1: Don't be too greedy that you will be the last one carrying the can.

Be greedy when others are fearful grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Uchefrancis16:
I tried purchasing the federal government bond announced earlier in January through stanbic bank
At first, despite stanbic being listed as one of the places one can get the bond, their staffs didn’t know anything about it.
But up till now, we are stock at opening a cscs account.
Pls, does it take time to open a cscs account? We’ve been on this since January. Last time they told me the ID provided was dark. I’ve given them another ID, yet it’s taking ages.
Also, is there a way I can get this bond easily. I am considering approaching Firstbank.
Kindly note it’s not the normal fgn savings bond with max of 5 years tenure. This one has upto 30 years and with better rates. See screenshot for more details
* You guys should learn to ask questions before committing your funds to a course.
* The choice of house you pick matters much. The fact that the staff doesn't know anything about it tells a lot. Knowledge about this can vary.
* It doesn't take this long before CSCS acct is opened.
* Concerning approaching first bank, I will suggest you approach the fund managers such as ARM instead.
* I'll advice you go to govt bond or treasury bills thread to learn more and ask questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
I hope CBN has its hands tight on these derivates income that Banks report as other income in their financials. Banks in Nigeria are going to be hit hard.
mendes911:

Access laughing at GTB, Zenith and UBA. They will be like, "Wetin the big dividend come do for una?"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
Dwizeone:

Hedging can be a very good option now if this rate tarries for long, Naira may be devalued.

I agree with you but you can beat devaluation with buying stocks at ridiculously low price.

Imagine buying Zenith at N5. grin

#runs away

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2020
leo1234:

He saw it but events were not present to support the decline.

Now we are looking at 2016 low which is far lower than the 19 he quoted.

Mind you, most people have enjoyed the highs of bank before these recent events around the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Some big guys are currently mopping Zenith at 16.95....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Nice one Sir. I want to buy Zenith for N1.
RabbiDoracle:

I agree with you but you can beat devaluation with buying stocks at ridiculously low price.

#runs away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
their tactics will splash on their faces now. Na marathon tactics dem suppose adopt. They will soon be tired when they see 500m units on offer.
Mcy56:
Some big guys are currently mopping Zenith at 16.95....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
NESTLE- pls just be coming to papa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
MoneyMakingOppo:
Any advice where to invest N1.5m now that stocks are going crazy?

Oga, go and buy dollars and just wait.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

#runs away

Yeah, true, diversification won't bite though. Depends on how you look at it, I should have more funds to buy at a ridiculous price after conversion then (speculative).

But wait o, Zenith at N5, hope say you wear quality helmet, make people no stone you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) ... (7771) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), ositadima1(m), dapix, KarlTom, Prince081, sterlingD(m), Laso09 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.