Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10850246 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5446) (5447) (5448) (5449) (5450) (5451) (5452) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jatriot(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2020
Chloroquine was only associated with itching and not deafness in Nigeria. Where you hear your own?
ebuka1997:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine
You are aware of the side effects of chloroquine which includes deafness right, why do you think it was banned in Nigeria....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2020
ebuka1997:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine
You are aware of the side effects of chloroquine which includes deafness right, why do you think it was banned in Nigeria....

Chloroquine was not banned, Medical practitioners embraced alternative drugs with lesser side effects for the treatment of malaria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by justli: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Guys, can someone pls point me on how one can get started with buying US stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2020
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-features/227663-investigation-eleven-years-ban-chloroquine-still-used-malaria-treatment-nigeria.html

WHO advised Nigeria to ban it and it has been phased out for years, just that Nigeria doesn't have proper regulation on these sort of issues.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 9:07am On Mar 20, 2020
9jatriot:
Chloroquine was only associated with itching and not deafness in Nigeria. Where you hear your own?
https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/virus-drug-touted-by-trump-musk-can-kill-with-just-two-grams

please read this, it can cause tinnitus which inadvertently causes hearing loss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2020
Please stop. God forbid COVID sickness. Chloroquine is house hold name in Nigeria.
It has side effects right, but we still use it particularly in the treatment of resistance malaria.

grin
ebuka1997:

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/virus-drug-touted-by-trump-musk-can-kill-with-just-two-grams

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jatriot(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2020
Before I read it, I will ask you. Do you know or have you heard of any such incidents? Because I know until around 2003, Chloroquine was used in the treatment of malaria from around the 80s. It took over from quinine. So, if you were around during that period, did you hear of any such cases? I personally never did.
That link is not a medical journal sir.
ebuka1997:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2020
Abeg let's talk stocks o. Me I don tire of all this coro bullshits o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 20, 2020
yom2:
Abeg let's talk stocks o. Me I don tire of all this coro bullshits o

grin grin

Wicked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Yesterday the dollar index got to 103.823 surpassing the last high of 103.815 or so.

Now the weakness in USD starts.

All foreigner traders will now remember that, "ohhhh.... There is liquidity already ". All na game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2020
9jatriot:
Before I read it, I will ask you. Do you know or have you heard of any such incidents? Because I know until around 2003, Chloroquine was used in the treatment of malaria from around the 80s. It took over from quinine. So, if you were around during that period, did you hear of any such cases? I personally never did.
That link is not a medical journal sir.

Sir i didn't say there was particularly a case of deafness in Nigeria I wouldn't know. I said it has potential side effects including deafness which is why WHO advised Nigeria to ban and phase it out. I'm responding to the claim by Donald Trump regarding the use of chloroquine that it isn't yet confirmed and there's a potential of it having side effects and people should know that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Because they have flood the world with liquidity that will be pumped worldwide in order to avert that recession.

As at January and February, the massive stimulus was not there. This will spur spending to prevent a slowdown. And some of their people will move these monies out to bid other assets prices.

Once there is announcement of QE, my brother start buying o. They have announced. Not just the US but lots of countries. Soon the same FPIs selling will start saying holding USD is terrible and they will rush into all equities worldwide. They will take loan at 0.25% from their banks and bid shege out of assets.

Predicting their moves is what one should focus on.
Thank you sir for your insight.
I don't have vast knowledge like you sir. It is just observation. Bush stimuli package that he initiated in February 2008 didn't do the miracle immediately. Mr Obama has to initiate the same thing immediately he assumed office in 2009. It was 2009 September that US started coming out of recession. The tax cut wouldn't have any effect on this one because it is health related. Health is weath. Most companies are closing up in USA not because of bankruptcy, which was one of the things that caused great recession of 2008, but because of health related issue. What they used in 2008 to curb recession won't work in 2020 because their cause are not similar. Mind you that tax cut means less money for the government and more money for companies. At this juncture, government needs more money to halt the spread of the virus and not to stimulate the economy. During tax cut, government runs a deficit and Mr Trump knows that. At this point, I believe that pumping money into the economy will trigger economic recession. Trump that said that there wouldn't be lock down in USA, has shifted the goal post. California just lockdown till further notice. This is health battle and he must do every thing humanly to contain the virus even it means going into recession with US. If he didn't win the battle before election, he wouldn't think of reelection. Check history, USA sitting president has higher chances of winning election during recession.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2020
Honestly, stimuli packages are not necessary now. It should come after the whole gbese. Give money to people, Dem go lavish am within a month. That's why Mr Trump is reluctant to give free money now because it wouldn't stimulate anything.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2020
If other countries could stimulate their economy with economic stimulate packages, what package has Nigeria?? We are always talking about other nations forgetting our nation. Nigerian economy was living using life support even before this 2020 gbese.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2020
The after effects no go funny for this country. Action and reaction are equal and opposite.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2020
There is no end in sight, crude oil price will still fall and stock will still fall . If you still have cash just wait at lower junction to enter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2020
Most companies never recovered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 20, 2020
thebargainhunte:
The after effects no go funny for this country. Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

You and onifa in economic tussle.

I don sit down on top of my mattress dey wait for where 10% go come from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Because they have flood the world with liquidity that will be pumped worldwide in order to avert that recession.

As at January and February, the massive stimulus was not there. This will spur spending to prevent a slowdown. And some of their people will move these monies out to bid other assets prices.

Once there is announcement of QE, my brother start buying o. They have announced. Not just the US but lots of countries. Soon the same FPIs selling will start saying holding USD is terrible and they will rush into all equities worldwide. They will take loan at 0.25% from their banks and bid shege out of assets.

Predicting their moves is what one should focus on.

QE already announced in the UK, interest rates have been cut to 0.1% (2nd cut in a week & lowest EVER cut since 1694). Don't live in the bubble. Oga Onifa is on (and has been) point. We watch and take positions in sound coys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2020
thebargainhunte:

So why advising people to start to buy now when you are seeing recession in April?

That is the contrarian move on your chessboard.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2020
locodemy:

You and onifa in economic tussle.

I don sit down on top of my mattress dey wait for where 10% go come from.

Onifa sees things we small boy no fit see even if we climb the tallest iroko tree.

Smart oga, money must be made even in bear market. Na jijo go sweet this time around. I no get luck for jijo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2020
Some heavy handed, high volume wicked sellers are still on Zenith's case. When shall this predicament end?

I'm sitting on losses in Zenith.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2020
thesilentone:

That is the contrarian move on your chessboard.

Yes o. I have limited capital so I need to be sure of my moves. I don't want to be used as pun on the chess board grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:20am On Mar 20, 2020
My people nobody is talking about how this COVID 19 go take affect AGM oooo and ultimately dividend payment because i think without AGM legally dividend cannot be paid particulalry for thos AGM coming up within d next 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coolangel54(f): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2020
Will this coronavirus affect forex trade?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Market looking good this morning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:33am On Mar 20, 2020
Imagine, just 12 cases and panic has set in. We just have selfish people littered every where in this country.

https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/news/2020/03/19/nigerian-doctors-strike-coronavirus

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2020
E Ku market o. grin
The DA (dream Analyst) is here, acting on behalf of our boss Yayi.
We saw huge transactions exchanging hands and some good green on the table. Doesnt look far away. Let's see how this goes..... grin

Caveat: Dream Analyst is not responsible for any action taking by you for yourself. At owner's risk. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2020
thebargainhunte:

Thank you sir for your insight.
I don't have vast knowledge like you sir. It is just observation. Bush stimuli package that he initiated in February 2008 didn't do the miracle immediately. Mr Obama has to initiate the same thing immediately he assumed office in 2009. It was 2009 September that US started coming out of recession. The tax cut wouldn't have any effect on this one because it is health related. Health is weath. Most companies are closing up in USA not because of bankruptcy, which was one of the things that caused great recession of 2008, but because of health related issue. What they used in 2008 to curb recession won't work in 2020 because their cause are not similar. Mind you that tax cut means less money for the government and more money for companies. At this juncture, government needs more money to halt the spread of the virus and not to stimulate the economy. During tax cut, government runs a deficit and Mr Trump knows that. At this point, I believe that pumping money into the economy will trigger economic recession. Trump that said that there wouldn't be lock down in USA, has shifted the goal post. California just lockdown till further notice. This is health battle and he must do every thing humanly to contain the virus even it means going into recession with US. If he didn't win the battle before election, he wouldn't think of reelection. Check history, USA sitting president has higher chances of winning election during recession.

My dear, u may need to recheck ur assertion.
On the part in bold...

Since the Civil War, only one US president has won reelection with a recession occurring in between.
It was President William McKinley in 1900.
Since then, all four presidents running for reelection who had such a recession lost: Presidents William Taft, Herbert Hoover, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush.

Over the same span, all 10 who have sought reelection without such a recession have won: Presidents Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt (3x), Dwight D. Eisenhower, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
But when you include all presidential elections (and not just presidents seeking reelection), the party in power has lost 13 of the last 19 races in which there was such a recession.
Of the last 21 races without such a recession, the president’s party has won 16 of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/12/how-recession-could-doom-trumps-reelection/

Again, ur perspective(to counter the post u quoted) is suggestive of an investor who only waits to price assets AFTER THE CALM and not BEFORE IT.
The best opportunity to key into depressed assets comes during the latter and not the former. ...'cause that's about the time u get good MoS discount on a risk-reward discounted basis.
This is usually the best line result for a VALUE INVESTOR !!

What Oracle is telling u is that there are 2 distinct periods;
A period of stormy weather.(from the height of worries with covid-19 and oil price slump) ...with signals in early January before its manifestation.
...and now a period of RELATIVE CALM(decreasing impact of events, QE) ...with signals beginning a few days ago.
It's common sense to sell into the 1st signal and gradually buy into the 2nd. ...with selective buying of healthy brands, the way to go !!

The problem with waiting until AFTER THE CALM(when u see a clear direction) is that u may most likely buy assets at expensive pegs then. ...then u may even be buying from him !! wink cheesy grin
Remember;

"If u desire to WIN more 'open battles' with the stock market, then NEVER work to PLAY AHEAD of it or seek to TIME It.
...work to PLAY ALONG with it and seek to better ur playing STRATEGY.
Unless of course u wish for a far less win than normal."
~Sinclair

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
This life sha. See as Uniondac now became investors toast.
One guy was asking about it some other time, hope you read and know what the update is. Don't sell it again. 35K is awaiting the buy out from you. grin
Let me search for the moniker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2020
For Union Diagnostics. Some people are offering 35 kobo for shares of 50 kobo to minority shareholders.

Can you just imagine? If they are serious, at least they should offer 50 kobo.

Minority shareholders don suffer. Immediately there is something to be gained in the horizon there will be offers to buy them over.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5446) (5447) (5448) (5449) (5450) (5451) (5452) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zegra, ProphetUtuocha, SetrakusRa(m), IamR, olamydey(f), ekkywolex(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.