Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874529 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5614) (5615) (5616) (5617) (5618) (5619) (5620) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eimuhb(f): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
What is driving Guinness 52 week low price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
maishai:
Who used Polaris bank here for fbnh div.....mine yet to show
Once you qualify, you get your dividend irrespective of the bank you're using.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
veecovee:

This is also new testament

Ephesians 5:18 New International Version
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

THIS PLACE IS ENCOURAGING US TO BE FILLED WITH HOLYSPIRIT, ... NOT THOSE SPIRITS IN BOTTLES AND CANS.

Besides, the place you quote above just said food and drink, ... kunu, zobo, fruit juice, malt, fanta, etc. are also drinks.

JUST IMAGINE HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF A PREACHER APPROACHS YOU, WITH THE SMELL OF ALCOHOL ...
Why do you prefer to decieve yourself. Do people judge you for drinking fanta or pepsi? The missguided christians will naturally begin to see you as a sinner the moment they see you driking alcoholic drink. So when Paul wrote to Colossians that they should not allow themselves to be judge because of drinks he was referring to alcoholic drinks.

Ephesians 5 : 18 (KJV)

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Holy Spirit;

Comment: This even made it clear that the Holy Bible is not against drinking of alcohol, but drinking in excess.

So Victor I want to encourage you to learn how to use the Holy Bible to free yourself from bondage and stop putting yourself in bondage with the Bible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Great! This takes care of the argument on the purchasing on the last date of qualification.
When you buy on final qualification date you get dividend. That's how it should be.

CC: Locodemy
.IYGEAL

Yeah,let's hear from fcmb holder too.I am an existing holder even b4 qualification date.I got mine.Need to hear from those that bought on the qualification date.

No cause of alarm.Just for us to learn something new.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
locodemy:

Yeah,let's hear from fcmb holder too.I am an existing holder even b4 qualification date.I got mine.Need to hear from those that bought on the qualification date.

No cause of alarm.Just for us to learn something new.

Firstly i used to own FCMB (mandated) and sold off every single unit when price was right.

Feb/March i started buying again right up to qualification date.

I got dividend for every single unit less 10% witholding tax. I did'nt even go to do new mandate but note i still bought through same stockbroker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
Na WA o. Those who've not gotten FBNH alert should gather here so we know ourselves.

If it's to collect all those praises back, make we know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
PharmAlfred:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29801_JULIUS_BERGER_NIG._PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2020.pdf

Julius Berger shareholders, this should concern you.

Dividend now N2 instead of N2.75.

No thanks to Covid-19.

I hope our bonus is intact

I don't like this rough play.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sis , I hv some few wapco I had wish to sell but price is not moving up rather dropping more each day even though the qualification date is close by . Pls what might be the issue over this slow movement
Mcy56:

I took "fall dramatically" to mean losing much amount on the stock thru price fall.
Well, in my little understanding, you somehow answered yourself. Depending on:
* The particular stock in question, FA/TA sound or not.
* The type of investor you are - short, medium or long.
* The past few quarterly result released by the coy - how good or bad.
* In all, there's something called stop loss - it's good to always apply it.....especially if you're not a long termer.
* As short/medium term investor, you may either sell using the stop-loss percentage you must have set; you may average it down or simply wait for it to erase the loss, again this depends on how fundamentally sound the stock is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

Firstly i used to own FCMB (mandated) and sold off every single unit when price was right.

I got dividend for every single unit less 10% witholding tax. I did'nt even go to do new mandate but note i still bought through same stockbroker.

Ok.I think the case is not like that of last year.
Great improvement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Great! This takes care of the argument on the purchasing on the last date of qualification.
When you buy on final qualification date you get dividend. That's how it should be.

CC: Locodemy
.IYGEAL

That's clear.

Next day after last qualification date is the markdown right? Or they sometimes delay the markdown?

I'd wait for my UBA still. Let's see what Afriprud would do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
eimuhb:
What is driving Guinness 52 week low price?
Coolcash1:

How are the mighty fallen. Will IB ever rise again?

The Nigerian beer market is facing stiff competition from the imported spirits, wines and vodka which the younger generation who drink tend to align more with these days...

The 3 major brewers (NB, IB and Guinness... In no particular order) are also jostling amongst themselves for market share...

They need to start thinking of diversifying...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
maishai:
Who used Polaris bank here for fbnh div.....mine yet to show
just landed

I have a few notes ...... This FBN dividend does not make sense unless you bought during FBNH crises that sent it to a low of about #2.90 for good 3 months...........same is going on in a few companies right now.... If one is able to buy now and they come out of the heavy headwinds facing them now their Dividends would definitely look delicious......If u dont take some out in capital gains........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
DrAwo:

The Nigerian beer market is facing stiff competition from the imported spirits, wines and vodka which the younger generation who drink tend to align more with these days...

The 3 major brewers (NB, IB and Guinness... In no particular order) are also jostling amongst themselves for market share...

I believe its more of Govt policies not favouring this Industry, same with Petroleum Marketing.............Between this 3 I believe they have got the R&grin to match any thing the Alomo bitters of this world have to offer, I saw what Origin did for Guiness....... The Industry has lobbied relentlessly for waivers from this Government but no deal has been brokered hence their poor Showing....... This stocks are what I call Election stocks for now as their hopes for a rise hinges on a change in Govt policies

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deewhone19: 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
CashDiMkpa:

Well still expecting mine. bought my FCMB on qualification date but no show yet. Make Cardinal stone no play rough play ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
PharmAlfred:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29801_JULIUS_BERGER_NIG._PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2020.pdf

Julius Berger shareholders, this should concern you.

Dividend now N2 instead of N2.75.

No thanks to Covid-19.
I smell big fear in the Land.......If Julius Berger starts speaking from both sides of their mouth......It definitely wont be easy in the coming months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
IYGEAL:

That's clear.
Next day after last qualification date is the markdown right? Or they sometimes delay the markdown?
Yes! Next day after last qualification date is markdown
No! Markdown can never be delayed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
ExLaidback:
Na WA o. Those who've not gotten FBNH alert should gather here so we know ourselves.

If it's to collect all those praises back, make we know.
If your edividend mandate has already been approved and you are using access bank you may check your email for the alert. I am yet to receive the sms alert but I have already transferred the fund to my investment account I will to invest it tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
Enyinne:
Sis , I hv some few wapco I had wish to sell but price is not moving up rather dropping more each day even though the qualification date is close by . Pls what might be the issue over this slow movement
To the best of my knowledge, there's no issue with Wapco. Matket can sometimes be irrational and will just do its things.

Think you have 2 options:
1. You may just collect your dividend and Keep it for medium/long term, OR
2. Sell it. Take your loss and move on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
DrAwo:

I disagree a little bro. The breweries are making huge money but they can never do well with the present PMB administration. Guinness for the example is making mega bulk from stout and spirits, NB doing very well in Beer( Heneiken, 33, Goldberg). If it was possible for Buhari, he will stop the breweries from operations completely. For me, We would likely see more lows in this industry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Thinkbigga:

Mine yet to show too. I used Access Bank and my E-dividend Form submission was acknowledged only on 20th April. I don't even know what to expect

Pls when did you submit the form? Was it via email?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
PharmAlfred:
Why are we so many on this thread even after the days trade? Are we expecting something?
Lol. Expecting dividend nah. grin
Expect Tony customers tomorrow, God willing. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Enyinne(f): 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
grin Thanks dear , I will wait for upwards movement till it appears
Mcy56:

To the best of my knowledge, there's no issue with Wapco. Matket can sometimes be irrational and will just do its things.

Think you have 2 options:
1. You may just collect your dividend and Keep it for medium/long term, OR
2. Sell it. Take your loss and move on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
I am into support of what you just wrote

gabscity:

I disagree a little bro. The breweries are making huge money but they can never do well with the present PMB administration. Guinness for the example is making mega bulk from stout and spirits, NB doing very well in Beer( Heneiken, 33, Goldberg). If it was possible for Buhari, he will stop the breweries from operations completely. For me, We would likely see more lows in this industry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29805_JULIUS_BERGER_NIG._PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2020.pdf

Very good start for the year 2020.

EPS growth over 200%

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29800_JULIUS_BERGER_NIG._PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2020.pdf

As for the reduction in the dividend it is understandable nobody is sure of what the future holds for the rest of the yr. But nothing in the revised corporate action/statement suggest that their result will not be good for the full yr 2020.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Thinkbigga: 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
ositadima1:

Pls when did you submit the form? Was it via email?
Via email on 17th April
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

I hope our bonus is intact

I don't like this rough play.
Our bonus still dey intact. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
arduino:

Our bonus still dey intact. cheesy cheesy

Great grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
gabscity:

I honestly do appreciate your opinion and insight... But how has the PMB regime directly impacted the brewers negatively?

Looking at the top line of all the 3 major brewers in their recently released results, there has barely been any growth at all in their revenues year on year... Not sure how this can be attributed to PMB...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Yes! Next day after last qualification date is markdown
No! Markdown can never be delayed.

That's clearer.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
Uchetoba:
If your edividend mandate has already been approved and you are using access bank you may check your email for the alert. I am yet to receive the sms alert but I have already transferred the fund to my investment account I will to invest it tomorrow.

Oh no, I'm not using Access. I'll just wait till tomorrow then call them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FemiLavida: 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Once you qualify, you get your dividend irrespective of the bank you're using.

I sent you an email. I want to invest in stock market. Need you to guide me on some things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5614) (5615) (5616) (5617) (5618) (5619) (5620) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Entrepreneurrr, chunkuli, jafsumar07, veecovee and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.