Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,372 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10877195 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:27pm On May 08, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Over 28m on commission alone for April the month of lockdown

Baba don't you think it's high time you float one Stockbroking firm and create more jobs for your boys.

Peteru, make we join hand together and build NairaBets Stockbroking firm or Rabbi Stockbroking Ventures or Jejelaiyè Partners lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 1:30pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:

Ok, for example, on the market view tab, on my laptop I normally double click on any symbol to view bid and offer quantities for that symbol. I have tried to bring out same on my mobile phone without success.

Can you do that on yours? How do you do it.

Note, I have chrome, puffin, Mozills, UC, and opera.

I don't double click again. On each ticker, there is a drop down i click and select "Market Order"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:30pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:
Ok, for example, on the market view tab, on my laptop I normally double click on any symbol to view bid and offer quantities for that symbol. I have tried to bring out same on my mobile phone without success.
Can you that on yours? How do you do it.

Try this:
Mcy56:

Click on the tiny arrow in front of the stock name, it will bring up a drop down box, click "Market Order", then click "By Order", it will bring the offers/bids for the particular stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2020
jideflash:
oops, my bad. posted it here before

I use them as well and I usually scold them about their high charges am also seriously considering Morgan capital, they charge less yet they are making more money - that's real business.

The only aspect that I wonder is customer support, though it seem their support is great as well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2020
gabscity:

I don't double click again. On each ticker, there is a drop down i click and select "Market Order"

Thanks, it worked.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:37pm On May 08, 2020
yMcy56:

Try this:

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:40pm On May 08, 2020
Godisfaithful:
Peteru, make we join hand together and build NairaBets Stockbroking firm or Rabbi Stockbroking Ventures or Jejelaiyè Partners lol
Lol. grin
Inform us once you set it up, make we come dey play baba-Ijebu there. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:41pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:
Thanks
To execute trade, simply click on buy or sell button on top of the live trade page or from the menu drop down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:

Can you do that on yours? How do you do it.

Note, I have chrome, puffin, Mozills, UC, and opera.

I use chrome.
If you click on the little triangle beside the stock ticker, then click on market orders and then select if you want it displayed by price or by order...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Delords: 2:06pm On May 08, 2020
What's happening with GTBank moneybags holding everyone @N22 and N21.80k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:09pm On May 08, 2020
How Stock Market Investors ‘Pocketed’ N916bn During Lockdown—Analysis
**As Market Recorded 15 Gains, 8 Losses During Period
https://businesspost.ng/economy/how-stock-market-investors-pocketed-n916bn-during-lockdown-analysis/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29927_AXA_MANSARD_INSURANCE_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2020.pdf

These mansards guys are one of the very well managed insurance companies in the country. Na just say dem be Aka gum when it comes to dividend. Either they're paying a paltry 3k or not paying at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:55pm On May 08, 2020
Coming from the good old days of analogue stockbroking, paying 1.3+% on trades is a no brainer for me, what analogue stockbrokers have done to my life is better imagined......personally I won't mind paying 2% on trades if I'm guaranteed online real time trading.......That said I'm not endorsing high charges
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:08pm On May 08, 2020
megawealth01:
All the gurus in the house... Pls help me...

Is GLAXO (GSK) good to go?

TraDeRR:

Lol out of all the stocks that has been mentioned here ? Please don’t do this to yourself..

kolaish:
However, please note that it is not only financials that move the price of a particular stock especially for a stock like GSK. Their could be other news from the parent company which some insiders were privilege to hear before me and you.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dunsin125: 3:09pm On May 08, 2020
Delords:
What's happening with GTBank moneybags holding everyone @N22 and N21.80k
GTB fell with about N0.55 or so, MTN fell with N8.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:16pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:

I sold some shares today for the very first time (UACN, just above break-even angry sad , my little jijo funds was trapped for nearly one week and prices were heading south).

My observations are 0.91% for buying and 1.26% for selling. I use Morgan Capital.

Okay not too far from Afrinvest too... I’ll see if they can reduce my charges when I try deposit some more money into my account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:18pm On May 08, 2020
maishai:
Coming from the good old days of analogue stockbroking, paying 1.3+% on trades is a no brainer for me, what analogue stockbrokers have done to my life is better imagined......personally I won't mind paying 2% on trades if I'm guaranteed online real time trading.......That said I'm not endorsing high charges

But to me it’s not feasible paying a high commission somewhere especially when you’re an active trader when you can get a cheaper commission from another broker.. after all you should try to maximize your gains too, unless being too loyal to your broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:22pm On May 08, 2020
I think something is going on in FBNH...all this heavy volumes at market close is suspicious...fingers crossed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 4:57pm On May 08, 2020
Bomboclad:
Market methodology changed from the usual to shake and disorientate weak hands. Very interesting indeed, good times ahead!

You took the words right outta my mind. I believe "the NSE inside room" must have noticed some people have observed the trading pattern hence the "shaking". You definitely can't tell the influence of NSEMPA on our market.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 5:01pm On May 08, 2020
Princkez:
I think something is going on in FBNH...all this heavy volumes at market close is suspicious...fingers crossed

I want to believe it's the Polaris/FBN merger. behind the scene positioning is taking place Btw directors etc.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:07pm On May 08, 2020
Stock with new 52 week lows
C & I leasing #4.50k

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 7:30pm On May 08, 2020
maishai:

When you start summing up to hundreds of thousands or millions in charges then you know every % counts

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kodelee: 7:35pm On May 08, 2020
Mcy56:

1. Click this link to download the various Registrar's forms here:
https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-the-e-dividend-mandate-activation-forms-of-various-registrars-are-now-available-for-download/

2. Current Account is not mandatory. Savings Acct is acceptable. Payments are made electronically.
3. No it doesnt take long process. Fill the form and submit to the registrar. It may somehow take some times where signature specimen is required but the registrar may not request for it. Contact your broker if you're asked for signature specimen.
3. One registrar may be in charge of more than one company, just tick all active coys active on each form.
4. If you are closer to the registrar, you may submit in person. You may also submit electronically via mail or thru your bank.
5. Note: Shareholder's number is not necessary, leave the columns blank. CHN is mandatory. Fill it on the forms.

** Answered to the best of my knowledge. Una go dey pay me for my time for Nsempa o. Lol. grin

Dear Mcy and all,
Greetings!
Thanks a lot for this detailed info
Pls I would like to know how to get my CHN number in order to complete my dividend forms.
I currently use Morgan Capital. Is the CHN number same as my CSCS acct number on my valuation print out on the Morgan Capital portal..
I haven't been able to find where the CHN is written on the portal.
Many thanks in advance for the feedback...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:38pm On May 08, 2020
Intendy:
Stock with new 52 week lows

C & I leasing #4.50k

After reconstruction C & I became unattractive.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2020
Your CHN(Clearing house number) starts with a C. Log into your Itrade account and click the drop down menu on your top left hand side. Select my reports and just select a random date(say between 01/05/2020 to today). It will load your statement. Your number should look like this C2791089ST. Or you can check the email with login details Morgan sent to you when you registered. It should be contained somewhere there.

kodelee:

Dear Mcy and all,
Greetings!
Thanks a lot for this detailed info
Pls I would like to know how to get my CHN number in order to complete my dividend forms.
I currently use Morgan Capital. Is the CHN number same as my CSCS acct number on my valuation print out on the Morgan Capital portal..
I haven't been able to find where the CHN is written on the portal.
Many thanks in advance for the feedback...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kodelee: 8:40pm On May 08, 2020
debeey87:
Your CHN(Clearing house number) starts with a C. Log into your Itrade account and click the drop down menu on your top left hand side. Select my reports and just select a random date(say between 01/05/2020 to today). It will load your statement. Your number should look like this C2791089ST. Or you can check the email with login details Morgan sent to you when you registered. It should be contained somewhere there.

Seen. Done.
Many Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 10:46pm On May 08, 2020
Gurus and analyst in the house please does anyone have an idea of the effect of COVID 19 on Caverton most especially the long term effect. Is it a buy or a sell off stock? Kindly advise
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 11:36pm On May 08, 2020
ojeysky:

I guess it's why meritrade is charging over double of Morgan's charge...... but ofcourse Morgan has an annual fee as well, though not much

What's the annual.fee?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2020
1kinggy:

What's the annual.fee?

Just 2.5k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 12:44am On May 09, 2020
How many % does investment one charge on buying and selling? Does anyone have an idea?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2020
ojeysky:

Just 2.5k

Makes sense.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:01am On May 09, 2020
DUNKA:
Gurus and analyst in the house please does anyone have an idea of the effect of COVID 19 on Caverton most especially the long term effect. Is it a buy or a sell off stock? Kindly advise

From Qtr2 2020 Accounting year. It is doubtful if Caverton/ other logistics businesses (except Nahco, due to strong subsidiary companies in other sectors of the economy) can escape the effect of Covid 19.

As an extension of the above, I will like to us to make a list of our own "Nsempa Covid Test/ Isolation Camp). It will consist of stock we must not buy until their Isolation/treatment from our NSempa Covid Camp is over. We cannot just be watching as some equities continue to make people poorer/waste resources.

The test kit will be as follow: Any of the 1st 2 conditions should send the stock to Covid Isolation Center, the manifestation of other tests should send the stock to treatment centre where it should be until delisted. Anyone that buys stock from the Covid list is on his own. Contribution to the list (add the stock that should go for Covid Test or treatment) is welcome from All.

To kick the ball rolling: Test Kit 1- Not paying dividend for 2 years continuously: Turnover/Profitability declining for 2 years continuously: 3- Company is no more operating as a normal business should be operating (anyone can add more to our test Kit).

STOCKS FOR COVID INVESTMENT ISOLATION CENTRE
- Oando
-International Breweries
-Academy Press
-Notore

COVID TREATMENT CENTRE - CONFIRMED CASES- Will be discharged on delisting or when dividend payment resumes
- Eko Corp
- Capital Oil
-Meyer
-Morinson
- Afromedia
-Omatek
- RT Briscoe
-Tantalizer
-John Holt
-Studio Press
-Trpple G
-SCOA
-Challerams
-CWG

Please let us add our own and someone should keep updating like Intedy's list, probably every month. So that newbies will not contract "Investment Covid", the sickness has the effect of making people to hate anything call capital market.

Finally once we have our list, we will like SEC, NSE and our Billionaires etc. to then donate to those individuals that these companies have made poorer or will still make poorer, but I am sure once we have this list we will not fall victims of this Stock Market Covid Infection again

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), Hajicairo(m), 2zona(m), Kwibaba(m), Jats2k2002, handsomebolanle, TsarZed, SonofElElyonRet, 222Martins(m), Adinije(f), sky2891, jamace(m), Zagee, Umargarr(m), Olaide1295, ndept and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.