Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,599 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10877760 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) (5678) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 4:30pm On May 19, 2020
gamaliel9:
I paid April salary though they did not work[private day school]...i cannot pay May [no income]but i have not told them...should i tell them now or wait till the end of the month?

It's better u tell them now

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 19, 2020
meshpips:
Let's go back and observe what happened to NAHCO last week.

Every single day of the week, we first saw price dip only to close each day at 2.44

Every single day of last week had a lower wick.

@rabbidoracle lower wicks are indicative of buying pressure abi?

Just a little while and that stock can take off!

It looks like something that wants to retest the last low of 1.93. With the sector affected by this pandemic, it is much likely it could retest 1.93

But it is a stock to hold for long term.

If there is another low for it, after that it will sprint higher
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 19, 2020
thesilentone:

Two huge single bids (5.8M, 1.4M) changed hands in today's trading so far. It might be a sign or a trick. I thought #18 was the bottom until last week's trading.

I will say 18 isn't bad. Hold for long term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:35pm On May 19, 2020
gamaliel9:
I paid April salary though they did not work[private day school]...i cannot pay May [no income]but i have not told them...should i tell them now or wait till the end of the month?

In my opinion, the best time to let them know about the financial position of your school was when you paid the April salary. Telling them now is late but informing them by month-end would be too late. Please, if it's possible, kindly pay 50% or less this month then let them know about the situation of things moving forward.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 19, 2020
wanaj0:
E ku market ooo.

The most important thing in this era is CARE. So let us CARE for one another. I believe everyone is doing fine. Stay at home except you got no option. Maintain social distance and BOOST your immune system. Most will get infected (just a matter of time). Most will be asymptomatic and will get well without any drug or medication. Conquer the fear.

Next is CASH preservation. The market is irrational. You see a share with almost 20% dividend yield, <3 PE and you are looking at stocks with PE of infinity? I dont think you have CASH preservation in your dictionary.

There will be many job losses. Some will have to take pay cut to remain in jobs. This is a global phenomenon. But do you know what? Some companies are going to BENEFIT from this crisis. Some will supply the vaccines. Some will supply the surgical masks and gloves. Research that instead of monitoring prices every minute and giving yourself high BP.

The patient dog eats the fattest bone.

HAPPY INVESTING.

Welcome back bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:35pm On May 19, 2020
Congrats BUA Cement shareholders, dividend of N1.75k.

Profit after tax of N60 billion higher than the N35 billion promised by the core Investor

Dividend payout ratio of 97%

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

People who Bought Brent below $20, will shouting blood money.

There are stocks that have done 200 to 400% between mid March 2020 and now in some Emerging markets.

Like Wanaj stated in his message, research and be forward-thinking to position.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 19, 2020
gamaliel9:

Try and pay May o.

Better pay 30 to 50% from your reserve. They need to survive. Or you give an interest free loan for them to survive which will be deducted as they work the subsequent months.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 19, 2020
seyisanya:
In my opinion, the best time to let them know about the financial position of your school was when you paid the April salary. Telling them now is late but informing them by month-end would be too late. Please, if it's possible, kindly pay 50% or less this month then let them know about the situation of things moving forward.

He can explain to the workers that he is taking up loans to ensure that his employees don't suffer. But it will be repayable once they start work. But reducing payment is better than not paying at all.

He will do a gradual deduction (spread over some months) from their salaries once they all resume normal operations.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:47pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Try and pay May o.

Better pay 30 to 50% from your reserve. They need to survive. Or you give an interest free loan for them to survive which will be deducted as they work the subsequent months.

Better to be upfront with people. What you have wrote is ideal provided he himself has the liquidity. Dont forget, he will require school fees to pay salaries. With school not in session no school fees.

He should have a meeting with the workers, let them know the challenges (transparency) and together work out a solution.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 4:50pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Welcome bro.
Thanks our able oracle for passing our greetings across to them!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 4:52pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=gamaliel9 post=89727505]I paid April salary though they did not work[private day school]...i cannot pay May [no income]but i have not told them...should i tell them now or wait till the end of the month?

Kudos to you. Its not easy, my boss paid those who where able to walk to work. Those entering transport he is still contemplating whether to pay or not!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 19, 2020
wanaj0:

Better to be upfront with people. What you have wrote is ideal provided he himself has the liquidity. Dont forget, he will require school fees to pay salaries. With school not in session no school fees.

He should have a meeting with the workers, let them know the challenges (transparency) and together work out a solution.

Yes. He should have a meeting with his employees.

It is not ideal sir. If he is in Rivers State for example, I will advise him to go and get money anyhow and agree with his employees that it will be paid back in instalments. Because if he is kidnapped by employees that collaborated with bad guys, he must pay to release himself.

This period is dangerous. The employer can pay little to them for survival and tell them as well. But not paying at all could have repercussions.

Schools have huge reserve. Gamalie, I talk lie? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 19, 2020
anjilgreat:

Thanks our able oracle for passing our greetings across to them!

Only CP is left. But he will respond with time. He is chopping oil money. grin

Those who know BBM and Agba should get in touch.

Post-pandemic head count.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:14pm On May 19, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Yes. He should have a meeting with his employees.

It is not ideal sir. If he is in Rivers State for example, I will advise him to go and get money anyhow and agree with his employees that it will be paid back in instalments. Because if he is kidnapped by employees that collaborated with bad guys, he must pay to release himself.

This period is dangerous. The employer can pay little to them for survival and tell them as well. But not paying at all could have repercussions.

Schools have huge reserve. Gamalie, I talk lie? grin grin

That is why I so much like this portfolio investing. Carry my portmanteau of Internet modem, laptop, small foldable chair, jotter, a pen and calculator.

No office, no employee, no headache.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 5:28pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Only CP is left. But he will respond with time. He is chopping oil money. grin

Those who know BBM and Agba should get in touch.

Post-pandemic head count.
Thanks sir!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CHARLESNIPER: 5:28pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I sent him a message.

I believe in due time, he will reply.

He too will come.

I have discussed with CP, FXUSER and sir Wanaj today . They are all doing fine.

Migwo!!! oma gare brother
pls help extend my greetings anytime u speak with him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:40pm On May 19, 2020
Mcy56:

That's the rule (as per the last price movement amendment).
Go through this rule and learn one or two things more.

http://www.nse.com.ng/mediacenter/pressreleases/Pages/nse-reviews-rules-on-pricing-methodology.aspx

http://www.nse.com.ng/regulation-site/Dealing%20Members%20Rules/Amendments%20to%20Dealing%20Members%20Rules%20(Part%20XVI)%20-%20Chapter%203%20Trading%20and%20Exchange%20Operations%20-%20Market%20Structure.pdf

The link did not answer the question, true that 100,000 units is required to shift prices officially, but why daily movement is 10% or below? Why not 12% or 15%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2020
megamart247:

Please Fuxer what is the chart saying about UACN and Guiness?

That is the only stone in my beans right now angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:12pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

There are stocks that have done 200 to 400% between mid March 2020 and now in some Emerging markets.

Like Wanaj stated in his message, research and be forward-thinking to position.

Who knows the best stock is the medical sector
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TheAristocrat(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:
Tha sad news of the day.
The retired General has appointed a Malo to head the M. Uduak transformed SEC.
I hope we are not back to square zero.

https://punchng.com/buhari--senate-to-confirm-lamido-yuguda-as-sec-dg/
Kindly explain what you mean by "Malo". We should refrain from using derogatory terms to describe others from ethnicities different from ours as it does no one any good and has led us nowhere as a nation.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:32pm On May 19, 2020
ositadima1:

The link did not answer the question, true that 100,000 units is required to shift prices officially, but why daily movement is 10% or below? Why not 12% or 15%

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nse.com.ng/products-site/equities-site/Documents/The%2520NSE%2520Equity%2520Mkt%2520Structure.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiWkuq4usDpAhWDAGMBHRT8BMgQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3sEvYOS8CKzpUh8NVQSuXH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=veecovee post=89731316]

Who knows the best stock is the medical sector[/QUOTE

Technically and Fundamentally speaking
FIDSON is no 1 in Nigeria

It is a matter of Time before GSK surrender their entity in Nigeria to FIDSON.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:11pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Amotekun2020 post=89732551][/quote]

Gracias
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nse.com.ng/products-site/equities-site/Documents/The%2520NSE%2520Equity%2520Mkt%2520Structure.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiWkuq4usDpAhWDAGMBHRT8BMgQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3sEvYOS8CKzpUh8NVQSuXH

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2020
maishai:

Oga calm down, it's irresponsible of management in my own opinion to slash workers salary this period except u r a govt employee.....I have no sympathy for govt staffs

Would you prefer the company stops being a going concern - a situation in which the employees get paid a sum total of zero naira (because bankruptcy), or the company pays 50% while remaining in business and trying to handle the situation as best as it can?

Have you been an entrepreneur for some time?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:42pm On May 19, 2020
Stock with new 52 week highs
Npf microfinance Bank #1.94k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:53pm On May 19, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

That is why I so much like this portfolio investing. Carry my portmanteau of Internet modem, laptop, small foldable chair, jotter, a pen and calculator.

No office, no employee, no headache.

Utopia grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Amotekun2020 post=89732551][/quote]

Next year, precisely.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Amotekun2020 post=89732551]

Try to quote a post well.
I am even lost in quoting you now.

Nevertheless,if you have fidson,never sell now,it will still go up and form a good support and resistance up there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 8:27pm On May 19, 2020
That's a good idea sir. I also think, to make it a (win-win),
1. Convert their non working days to their annual paid vacation but must be paid for.
2.if there's no enough cash to pay, let them take half month salary while the remaining be converted to unpaid leave.
3. If the situation still persist, let some of them multi task while others take unpaid vacation but please do not lay off. To have unpaid leave is better than termination.

Lastly, it's a crazy year but communication is key. The way you communicate it to them will determine if there would be pity towards your business or not...there's a way you can tell people to go to hell and they would be looking forward to go with joy. Communicate it right and let them know their job is secured.
RabbiDoracle:

He can explain to the workers that he is taking up loans to ensure that his employees don't suffer. But it will be repayable once they start work. But reducing payment is better than not paying at all.

He will do a gradual deduction (spread over some months) from their salaries once they all resume normal operations.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) (5678) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, Mpeace(m), SA44LA44(m), Boshins, Streetinvestor2, ojesymsym, beejay1(m), defebe, Krisuba, mails4funshi(m), chuksnnaemeka, Pete002, kdaddy, TsarZed, realking(m), essentialone(m), IamR, Locotrader(m), unite4real, ositadima1(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.