Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10950938 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5841) (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) (5846) (5847) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
meine:
This baseless RANT should be taken to the political section. You are crying more than the bereaved. The serious banks will always find a way to sustain, there are many ways to kill a rat.

I have been banking with GTB and Zenith for more than 15years not once did they offer me 1million overdraft. With the new CBN policy they are all mailing me to take loans. I have taken GTB quick credit 3 times in a row to invest in my business. If na before dem go put money for TB and go to sleep while entrepreneurs dey struggle. Be kiaful o.

Weldone Sir Meine......it's been a long time........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
@DrAwo this post made me weak...

Stock investing is almost a full time job. one has to watch his portfolio like a hawk. Imagined owning 500,000+ units of Guinness in 2015, not paying much attention to it and waking up today to see it trading at sub N15/Unit.

..Anyway when person no be money miss road.. it cant happen..
the take away for me though, is that one has to keep an eye on his/her investment and be alive to trends and policies and how they affect ones holdings.

Thanks for the link you posted this morning to enable some of us brush up on FA.

DrAwo:

5 year summary of Guinness Nigeria results...
#Depressing...

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
zimams:
@DrAwo this post made me weak...

Stock investing is almost a full time job. one has to watch his portfolio like a hawk. Imagined owning 500,000+ units of Guinness in 2015, not paying much attention to it and waking up today to see it trading at sub N15/Unit.

..Anyway when person no be money miss road.. it cant happen..
the take away for me though, is that one has to keep an eye on his/her investment and be alive to trends and policies and how they affect ones holdings.

Thanks for the link you posted this morning to enable some of us brush up on FA.

How can you buy and leave a stock for 5 years without monitoring its performance.

It doesn't have to be a full time job to do this effectively

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Penboy: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How can you buy and leave a stock for 5 years without monitoring its performance.

I know someone who bought 3000 dollars worth years back .. Ecobank (ETI) .
He checked last year only for him to weep!

Men, constant checking is important o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
Not remotely possible. When one invests hard earned resources in the market. It was just a wild thought at what loss of value could mean in real terms, While acknowledging the fact that commitment is required to keep eyes on things.

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyisanya:
They present the stock to you at a 10% marked-up price so it could get filled. I still don't understand the rationale behind that but that is not applicable to global stocks. Imagine buying 1 million units of a stock that my broker's app already marked-up by 10% when I could buy the same share intraday at 10% marked-down price.

As an investor, the entry price is key. It's not just about good fundamentals.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't used the platform to buy a local stock before, this comment is basically from other users' feedback/reviews.

Wow! Thanks for this info. Truly important info. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lol.... e dey happen..

After I took losses in 2009.... I went on sabbatical from stock investing for 11 years. I wont say I cared much about what I had left in my portfolio.

my attitude at the time was a function of what I had left unsold after I decided to take my losses in 2009 and move on...
I had a stash of Transcorp and Mutual Benefits and few other penny stocks left. I Sold stocks of high capitalised firms I had then and abandoned the rest.

Penboy:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
vibesdot001:
I bought my fidelity @ 1.7 pls any advice on how not to lose on that investment
If you are long-term investor no problem, I would have advice you to pick small, and pick later at its lower price. Fidelity will likely see #1.4 /#1.5 within this period.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
hectoro:
Good people,

Over 14 years ago I bought ABC and Mutual benefits shares as per penny stocks...�‍♀️ Dividend nada, appreciation, nada. Every time I look at them in my small portfolio eh...

I'm just wondering what to do - please, any suggestions? I notice MB made 'profit' this year but I feel it's audio and no dividend seems to be forthcoming.

Epp a sister...

Is part of your NSE school fees.
Always buy stocks with yearly guarantee payment of above 10% dividend from your entry price. Always watch, should in case the company start going down due to bad management, sell and leave the company on time, and enter another better company with good management, fundamental is the watchword here.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Babalakin(m): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Good day gurus in the house.please I have read the last 20 pages of this thread,and I must say you guys are doing a very great service to those of us who are newbies, and are interested in investing in stocks.please is there a way I can learn the nitty-gritty of stock investment outside here for a fee?..I'd really love to understand everything about it as I have some idle funds I'm looking to invest.thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Babalakin(m): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
locodemy:

I am just waiting for this TA I spent over 50K to learn to prove me wrong in this June/july,I know what to do.
chief, please can you link me up with where you learned it.would really appreciate it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

A leader should be able to do what he tells his followers to do.

You can't say a stock will fall, knowing that you will lose a greater portion of your capital, yet you still hold the stocks in your portfolio. grin grin

Now when the trend turns, you will still say that you have the stock in your portfolio. That you don't sell. Remember around end of March 2020 when you said stocks will fall more till April. Stocks rose starting from end of March till May 2020. You turned around and said you didn't sell that you had the bank stocks in your portfolio (for Dividends purposes) . grin grin

What kind of a leader does that?

Maybe you are looking for something else, every human has strategy that works for him. If I have UBA, Afriprudent and Ucap at price of #4, #2 and #1 in my investment house and have cover my initial entry price over some years and always add more at their 52 weeks low, is there anything wrong about that?.
Then what if I have another stockbroking firm I use for capital appreciation stocks, buying at lower and selling at year high, and sell to wait for another lower to buy and telling friends that at certain period due to some reasons which are inevitable, that stocks will visit their 52 weeks low, is it bad. Some people in this page only use this medium for monkey hunting which I truly detest.

This page is for market pick alert, how many here has recommended to people the stocks to buy or sell?
Some will only come to ask people to buy after they have entered, desiring to see the market move forward for them to dump it on them, which is inconsequential.

Let this page serve it purpose for good stocks to buy, and the good junction to enter. Also those bad stocks to sell. And for those who always have spare cash, when best to utilize their cash.

Go and check my post, did stocks fall during the period I said, the answer is yes. Maybe you are not happy with recent stock fall, I was just laughing when you said that stock will climb up within this period to their 52 weeks high, while the situation on the ground doesn't support it. We are in the reality which is bonanza period enjoy it as it last. Hope you will not say after some months that bonanza didn't come again.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vibesdot001(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Chibuking81:

If you are long-term investor no problem, I would have advice you to pick small, and pick later at its lower price. Fidelity will likely see #1.4 /#1.5 within this period.
Thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Babalakin:
Good day gurus in the house.please I have read the last 20 pages of this thread,and I must say you guys are doing a very great service to those of us who are newbies and are interested in investing in stocks.please is there a way I can learn the nitty-gritty of stock investment outside here for a fee?..I'd really love to understand everything about it as I have some idle funds I'm looking invest.thank you

Don't pay anyone money to learn anything

Follow this group and invest in good stocks.... with time, you will become your own guru....

Slow and steady. ......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drotba(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
ukay2:

Follow this group and invest in good stocks.... with time, you will become your own guru....

Slow and steady. ......

Sir Ukay2 please how can a newbie know these good stocks you're talking about
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Danniee:
It's like CHAMS charming me, I don't know what made me enter at 0.25, I need advice here, to jump out or sit down?
We are on same boat... I will wait until their case with Mastercard is determined... The worst that will happen is to leave it there jare... Nothing to worry about from my end because it is a free money for me grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
I got this from FCMB. The picture looks a little blurry as i snapped that part from a PDF, and my editing skills is shit embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
ukay2:

Slow and steady. ......

I go charge am only $1,000 pere. He will be in the same spirit with me. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Chibuking81:

Maybe you are looking for something else, every human has strategy that works for him. If I have UBA, Afriprudent and Ucap at price of #4, #2 and #1 in my investment house and have cover my initial entry price over some years and always add more at their 52 weeks low, is there anything wrong about that?.
Then what if I have another stockbroking firm I use for capital appreciation stocks, buying at lower and selling at year high, and sell to wait for another lower to buy and telling friends that at certain period due to some reasons which are inevitable, that stocks will visit their 52 weeks low, is it bad. Some people in this page only use this medium for monkey hunting which I truly detest.

This page is for market pick alert, how many here has recommended to people the stocks to buy or sell?
Some will only come to ask people to buy after they have entered, desiring to see the market move forward for them to dump it on them, which is inconsequential.

Let this page serve it purpose for good stocks to buy, and the good junction to enter. Also those bad stocks to sell. And for those who always have spare cash, when best to utilize their cash.

Go and check my post, did stocks fall during the period I said, the answer is yes. Maybe you are not happy with recent stock fall, I was just laughing when you said that stock will climb up within this period to their 52 weeks high, while the situation on the ground doesn't support it. We are in the reality which is bonanza period enjoy it as it last. Hope you will not say after some months that bonanza didn't come again.

We are waiting for your bonanza. grin

Meshpips don talk his own on Bitcoin, NAHCO, and Zenith. Bitcoin didn't go as his VAP or trendlines forecasted. and NAHCO went to all time low first after his forecast that it will hit 5+. Still waiting for Zenith to hit 11+, then 9+.

The messages are saved here on Nairaland about what you wrote in January and February when stocks were falling. So you go and revisit your messages.

I'm not in a contest with you. I only say what I can interpret from my charts. if you see anything contrary, let the market decide. But my point is, once the trend turns, you change immediately that you still have bank shares which you told people to sell. Isn't this chamelonic attitude? grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
ositadima1:
I got this from FCMB. The picture looks a little blurry as i snapped that part from a PDF, and my editing skills is shit embarassed

I think these are quite optimistic valuations...
Especially for the banking stocks. They estimate they will be trading at a PE of 7 one year from now when they trade at an average PE of 3...

Anyway, impossible is nothing....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I go charge am only $1,000 pere. He will be on the same spirit with me. grin grin

Loooooool

The guy go run comot for NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
zimams:
Lol.... e dey happen..

After I took losses in 2009.... I went on sabbatical from stock investing for 11 years. I wont say I cared much about what I had left in my portfolio.

my attitude at the time was a function of what I had left unsold after I decided to take my losses in 2009 and move on...
I had a stash of Transcorp and Mutual Benefits and few other penny stocks left. I Sold stocks of high capitalised firms I had then and abandoned the rest.

It is like saying you fell while walking and you stopped walking.

Money dey this market. Ibos say money is hidden in the thorny bush. You go use because you have been pricked by the thorns and not fetch the money.

That is where your strategy is needed and developed. You must state what you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Penboy:

Developing a strategy is very important. Not constant checking of the market.

If you invest for cashflow, you will be collecting free money especially when market is down. Once there is mispricing, you drop the stock like hot potatoes. As in, you sell brutally.

Most of us will collect our cashflow in banks now that they will release their half year 2020 results. Why? Because market has not mispriced our stocks. Once they misprice it, we will boldly call a sell and sell our portfolio to the last because we know that prices will fall below the price we bought.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Developing a strategy is very important. Not constant checking of the market.

If you invest for cashflow, you will be collecting free money especially when market is down. Once there is mispricing, you drop the stock like hot potatoes. As in, you sell brutally.

Most of us will collect our cashflow in banks now that they will release their half year 2020 results. Why? Because market has not mispriced our stocks. Once they misprice it, we will boldly call a sell and sell our portfolio to the last because we know that prices will fall below the price we bought.

Smart Strategy......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I go charge am only $1,000 pere. He will be in the same spirit with me. grin grin
Boss, I’m ready to pay o!
If you’re serious, I’m game.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bjrokenhear003: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

We are waiting for your bonanza. grin

Meshpips don talk his own on Bitcoin, NAHCO, and Zenith. Bitcoin didn't go as his VAP or trendlines forecasted. and NAHCO went to all time low first after his forecast that it will hit 5+. Still waiting for Zenith to hit 11+, then 9+.

The messages are saved here on Nairaland about what you wrote in January and February when stocks were falling. So you go and revisit your messages.

I'm not in a contest with you. I only say what I can interpret from my charts. if you see anything contrary, let the market decide. But my point is, once the trend turns, you change immediately that you still have bank shares which you told people to sell. Isn't this chamelonic attitude? grin grin

Lol I’m rolling down on the floor with the CHAMELONIC ATTITUDE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Babalakin(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

chief I need am grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by creategist: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
ositadima1:

Stanbic at N65 ?? How ?? Make these people fear God na! Haba! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
megawealth01:
We are on same boat... I will wait until their case with Mastercard is determined... The worst that will happen is to leave it there jare... Nothing to worry about from my end because it is a free money for me grin

They have been on that MasterCard case for long
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
creategist:

Stanbic cannot get to 65. It can only do 43 to 45 first before it falls hard. The reason it will fall hard, I don't know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
creategist:

Overly optimistic projections in my view. 50% of all that is listed is more realistic under the current circumstances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5841) (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) (5846) (5847) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onuku, Ojoboak(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.