Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879612 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) (5846) (5847) (5848) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
FOLLOW WHERE THE MONEY GOES
9 Nigerian Stocks are on the list of the international investors - These are:

1. NESTLE
2. DANGCEM
3. GTB
4. MTNN
5. ZENITH
6. NB
7. STANBIC
8. SEPLAT
9. BUACEMENT

When the market is ripe (good market sentiment), it's good to follow where money goes. I intend to analyse all the 9 before market opens on Monday. Here is the analysis of the first on the list - NESTLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_zY7ywJ1pE

Individual due diligence is encouraged

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
dinyelutochukwu:

Boss, I’m ready to pay o!
If you’re serious, I’m game.

Oya send me mail na and pay me first grin grin. But no run o say you don tire o.

You go read tire. All questions are welcome. Watsapp calls for explanations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How can you buy and leave a stock for 5 years without monitoring its performance.

It doesn't have to be a full time job to do this effectively

How else do you want locusts and cankerworms to survive? grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modgba: 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
Na wa o!
Disappointed not to see WAPCO on this list... after I've relentlessly loaded it at N10+.

BullBearMkt:

1. NESTLE
2. DANGCEM
3. GTB
4. MTNN
5. ZENITH
6. NB
7. STANBIC
8. SEPLAT
9. BUACEMENT

When the market is ripe (good market sentiment), it's good to follow where money goes. I intend to analyse all the 9 before market opens on Monday. Here is the analysis of the first on the list - NESTLE

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
Looking fwd to your analysis of NB...

zimams:
Na wa o!
Disappointed not to see WAPCO on this list... after I've relentlessly loaded it at N10+.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Oya send me mail na and pay me first grin grin. But no run o say you don tire o.

You go read tire. All questions are welcome. Watsapp calls for explanations.

Acceptance acknowledged.
Na this type of reading I Dey like.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
BullBearMkt:

1. NESTLE
2. DANGCEM
3. GTB
4. MTNN
5. ZENITH
6. NB
7. STANBIC
8. SEPLAT
9. BUACEMENT

grin grin grin grin grin

The list is not complete without UBA. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bjrokenhear003: 2:01am On Jul 05, 2020
I’m in deep thought atm, why is the bank holding emergency meeting.

Any idea

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 2:08am On Jul 05, 2020
BullBearMkt:

1. NESTLE
2. DANGCEM
3. GTB
4. MTNN
5. ZENITH
6. NB
7. STANBIC
8. SEPLAT
9. BUACEMENT

grin grin grin grin grin

Chief, well done.

Your list is not comprehensive, FPIs buy a whole lot that you'll be surprised at some of the names they buy.

If you are not sure of a factual claim, frame it differently. You are off to a good start, work on your delivery, all those uhhhh should be done away with. Practice your presentation before shooting.

You have a global audience, so, assume no knowledge. In all your videos, provide basic info...... I'll go top-down like this......We'll be looking at Nestle today, the stock with the highest price on the NSE. Give a brief background of the NSE.... like the number of stocks listed..... the sectors.... its ytd return, and then proceed to talk about Nestle's sector in the same manner before focusing on Nestle as a company.

Make a passing comment on its fundamentals and the sentiment of the market at the moment and clearly state that you'll be focusing on TA. Please use TA terms and make your opinion clear. Say, the stock is bla bla bla its 50 or 200-day ma. Support, resistance, pullbacks, should all be jargons that you are comfortable using. If I were you, I'll focus on FA, TA, sentiment analysis, and dream analysis(shout out to Yariya). No one would want to follow you when it is only TA value they get, so, go all in.

On your disclaimer, this is not an investment advice is okay. Which one be past performance is not a guaranty of future performance? You be money manager?

Also, you can create multiple channels but make sure that they are specific. If I were you, I will focus on Nigerian stocks on this channel and move all those US stocks to another channel.

Pick a couple of stocks on the NSE and always provide updates on them from time to time. If you cover 30 stocks and provide updates every 3 months on each of them, that will be one video in every 3 days, so the NSE is enough work for you already. Remember to have a standard introduction for the NSE, the sector, and the stock for all your videos even if it is an update on an earlier videos

Also, stop referring people to go watch your previous video. Either provide a brief summary in the current video or share the link in the description.

Remember that what you're are posting now will outlive you and might be a referenced source of knowledge so be invested in it.

I hope this helps.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by atere4ever: 2:28am On Jul 05, 2020
DrAwo:

5 year summary of Guinness Nigeria results...
#Depressing...

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bjrokenhear003: 2:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Northeastern:

Chief, well done.

Your list is not comprehensive, FPIs buy a whole lot that you'll be surprised at some of the names they buy.

If you are not sure of a factual claim, frame it differently. You are off to a good start, work on your delivery, all those uhhhh should be done away with. Practice your presentation before shooting.

You have a global audience, so, assume no knowledge. In all your videos, provide basic info...... I'll go top-down like this......We'll be looking at Nestle today, the stock with the highest price on the NSE. Give a brief background of the NSE.... like the number of stocks listed..... the sectors.... its ytd return, and then proceed to talk about Nestle's sector in the same manner before focusing on Nestle as a company.

Make a passing comment on its fundamentals and the sentiment of the market at the moment and clearly state that you'll be focusing on TA. Please use TA terms and make your opinion clear. Say, the stock is bla bla bla its 50 or 200-day ma. Support, resistance, pullbacks, should all be jargons that you are comfortable using. If I were you, I'll focus on FA, TA, sentiment analysis, and dream analysis(shout out to Yariya). No one would want to follow you when it is only TA value they get, so, go all in.

On your disclaimer, this is not an investment advice is okay. Which one be past performance is not a guaranty of future performance? You be money manager?

Also, you can create multiple channels but make sure that they are specific. If I were you, I will focus on Nigerian stocks on this channel and move all those US stocks to another channel.

Pick a couple of stocks on the NSE and always provide updates on them from time to time. If you cover 30 stocks and provide updates every 3 months on each of them, that will be one video in every 3 days, so the NSE is enough work for you already. Remember to have a standard introduction for the NSE, the sector, and the stock for all your videos even if it is an update on an earlier videos

Also, stop referring people to go watch your previous video. Either provide a brief summary in the current video or share the link in the description.

Remember that what you're are posting now will outlive you and might be a referenced source of knowledge so be invested in it.

I hope this helps.

You said it all
But he’s correct on past performance is not a guarantee of future performance because you can study trend but nobody knows the investors sentiments and market. Everyone just estimating and analysing, Someone made a comment here to me which made sense once a market turns bearish, nothing can stop it until it meets its support level at that time

Lastly studying stocks for monthly analysis is risky, an example is wire card last month from 100 euro to 1 euro Per share with 3 days, investors bled. so you need to be up to date with information and news regarding your investment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bjrokenhear003: 2:54am On Jul 05, 2020
modgba:
FG Pays N609bn Interest to T-Bills, Bond Investors
https://businesspost.ng/economy/fg-pays-n609bn-interest-to-t-bills-bond-investors/

BUA Cement to Expand Market Share With New Factory
https://businesspost.ng/economy/bua-cement-to-expand-market-share-with-new-factory/

Nigerian Breweries, 26 Others Lead Losers’ Chart on NSE
https://businesspost.ng/economy/nigerian-breweries-26-others-lead-losers-chart-on-nse/

CSCS, Friesland, Nipco Lift Market by 1.15%
https://businesspost.ng/economy/cscs-friesland-nipco-lift-market-by-1-15/

Crown Flour Disrupts Pasta Market With New Product
https://businesspost.ng/brands-products/crown-flour-disrupts-pasta-market-with-new-product/

Nigeria Discharges 6,739 COVID-19 Patients in June
https://businesspost.ng/general/nigeria-discharges-6739-covid-19-patients-in-june/

Pan Ocean Condemns AMCON’s Invasion of Premises
https://businesspost.ng/economy/pan-ocean-condemns-amcons-invasion-of-premises/

Nigeria’s Debt Profile Hits N28.6trn in Q1 2020
https://businesspost.ng/economy/nigerias-debt-profile-hits-n28-6trn-in-q1-2020/[i][/i]

Bua cement wants to skyrocket share price and is fighting big with its leader

Let’s see how it goes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 05, 2020
https://nairametrics.com/2020/07/04/cbn-imposes-fresh-crr-debits-on-banks-to-the-tune-of-n118-billion/

Access Bank Plc: N3 billion
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc: N15 billion
First Bank of Nigeria Ltd: N12.4 billion
Ecobank Nigeria: N7 billion
Sterling Bank Plc: N5 billion
Fidelity Bank Plc: N11 billion
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc: N12.5 billion
First City Monument Bank Ltd: N10 billion
CitiBank Nigeria Ltd: N10.2 billion
Stanbic IBTC Bank: N15 billion
Zenith Bank Plc: N7 billion
Wema Bank Plc: N3 billion
Titan Trust Bank: N2.5 billion
Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Ltd: N4 billion

These are huge amounts that are leaving the banking sector. It’s a squeeze on the banks. A bank like First Bank, for instance, has about N1.4 trillion in CRR with the Central Bank. And there is Zenith Bank with equally as much as N1.5 trillion. These are monies that banks can potentially put in loans at 52% at 30%, or even put in money market instruments at maybe 10%. So, for a shareholder of these banks, this CRR debits are impairing the banks’ ability to increase their earnings because now are not able to use the funds that are legitimately theirs to create money for their shareholders. And the question is that under what framework is the Central Bank choosing to take people’s money?”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:27am On Jul 05, 2020
Northeastern:

Chief, well done.

I hope this helps.

@Northeastern, thank you for your comments. they are all great & indeed appreciate them! You said a lot, but let me quickly point out some of your erroneous assumptions:

- The list of stocks I presented above are the valued stock much more rated by the international investors. Any others, are less
- I intend to keep my videos short and focus oriented on TA & have no time talking about stock value, its sectors etc as you suggest.
- Yes, I am a money manager! And because of the climate I live, it is obligatory to make such disclosure
- I requested people to check only the video on sentiment to check current market breadth as I do not have the time to go through that in subsequent videos where I will be analyzing stocks. Market breadth provides the right time to enter the market.
- You will pardon my use of "uhhhh". I am just an amateur & I planned to remain so as that is not what put food on my table.
- Do I need followers on my YT channel? Uhhhh, yes I do, but I am not keen about it.

In summary, the videos are for information & education & just to help someone out there to make educative decision before investing his/her hard-earned money in the stock market.

Thank you once again for your comments.

grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonsieurCoder: 6:38am On Jul 05, 2020
Please how does one know stocks that pay dividends from the NSE website?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2020
Bjrokenhear003:

You said it all
But he’s correct on past performance is not a guarantee of future performance because you can study trend but nobody knows the investors sentiments and market. Everyone just estimating and analysing, Someone made a comment here to me which made sense once a market turns bearish, nothing can stop it until it meets its support level at that time

Lastly studying stocks for monthly analysis is risky, an example is wire card last month from 100 euro to 1 euro Per share with 3 days, investors bled. so you need to be up to date with information and news regarding your investment.
Let's keep it real! The top-down approach to analysis is looking at a bigger picture before you zoom in to the specific. So, in TA, apart from looking at general market breadth, sector analysis, the next line of action is to see the bigger picture of the stock you want to invest in. It is much more safer looking at the monthly first before going to the daily.

Your assertion about wire card is completely wrong! Had it been the bigger picture of the stock was checked, the so called "investors" would have seen the RISK earlier (I'm sure the real investors - smart monies have long dumped the stock)... What you don't know, you don't know!
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2020
MonsieurCoder:
Please how does one know stocks that pay dividends from the NSE website?

google dividend history of such stock u intend to buy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2020
Northeastern:

Chief, well done.

I hope this helps.

Even Professor Ben Bernanke does 'uuummmm' in his presentation.I watched most of his live Q & A session and I heard it alot.

Yes, BBM can limit it but you can't do away with it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2020
BullBearMkt:

Let's keep it real! The top-down approach to analysis is looking at a bigger picture before you zoom in to the specific. So, in TA, apart from looking at general market breadth, sector analysis, the next line of action is to see the bigger picture of the stock you want to invest in. It is much more safer looking at the monthly first before going to the daily.

Your assertion about wire card is completely wrong! Had it been the bigger picture of the stock was checked, the so called "investors" would have seen the RISK earlier (I'm sure the real investors - smart monies have long dumped the stock)... What you don't know, you don't know!
grin grin grin grin grin

On the money, BBM!
Lower lows and lower highs were a dead giveaway from a TA standpoint.

Phew! I need to get my feet wet again. Guys, how's the NSE doing these days? When is Zenith going to be back at N10 and who is trying to keep GTB from slumping to sub N20?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 05, 2020
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

You are very correct. But most people don't know. Wire card wasn't a buy since 2018. The long term investors must have cashed out since.

But things could turn around for a short term because I heard that Deutche Bank is targeting the banking arm of that company.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:32am On Jul 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Na March/April 2020 dividends o. grin grin

We go spend dividends till the next dividend date till they misprice all our stocks.

This your trap fit catch an elephant. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:
https://nairametrics.com/2020/07/04/cbn-imposes-fresh-crr-debits-on-banks-to-the-tune-of-n118-billion/

These are huge amounts that are leaving the banking sector. It’s a squeeze on the banks. A bank like First Bank, for instance, has about N1.4 trillion in CRR with the Central Bank. And there is Zenith Bank with equally as much as N1.5 trillion. These are monies that banks can potentially put in loans at 52% at 30%, or even put in money market instruments at maybe 10%. So, for a shareholder of these banks, this CRR debits are impairing the banks’ ability to increase their earnings because now are not able to use the funds that are legitimately theirs to create money for their shareholders. And the question is that under what framework is the Central Bank choosing to take people’s money?”

What were the banks CEOs thinking when they agreed with the CBN to increase the CRR to 27.5% at the January MPC meeting. I presume they didn't think it through and thorough impact analysis was not done before signing off on the adjustment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bjrokenhear003: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2020
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

You are correct it showed LH all through since 2018, but as u said. However new Investors who came onboard this year shortly never anticipated its fall To that extreme. So many stocks have had lH and made HH after some years, what will u refer to investors who stayed strong and holding

What I’m saying in short is technical analysis can’t tell you full info of the stock, in one day they released info the company had 2.1billion missing from
It’s AFS,that’s what crashed it... TA can’t tell u that from beginning 2020 the stock will fall hard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Developing a strategy is very important. Not constant checking of the market.

If you invest for cashflow, you will be collecting free money especially when market is down. Once there is mispricing, you drop the stock like hot potatoes. As in, you sell brutally.

Most of us will collect our cashflow in banks now that they will release their half year 2020 results. Why? Because market has not mispriced our stocks. Once they misprice it, we will boldly call a sell and sell our portfolio to the last because we know that prices will fall below the price we bought.

What makes a stock mispriced? Is it when it's low or high?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How can you buy and leave a stock for 5 years without monitoring its performance.

It doesn't have to be a full time job to do this effectively

Especially in this days of apps with price, volume and % change alerts.

If you sleep off, you don dull yourself be that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Coolcash1:

What were the banks CEOs thinking when they agreed with the CBN to increase the CRR to 27.5% at the January MPC meeting. I presume they didn't think it through and thorough impact analysis was not done before signing off on the adjustment.

And you have a better insight than the professionals in their business.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Babalakin:
Good day gurus in the house.please I have read the last 20 pages of this thread,and I must say you guys are doing a very great service to those of us who are newbies, and are interested in investing in stocks.please is there a way I can learn the nitty-gritty of stock investment outside here for a fee?..I'd really love to understand everything about it as I have some idle funds I'm looking to invest.thank you

For some TA, check YouTube for videos and investopedia on basics.

investing-Com, Bloomberg and marketwatch are good freemium online resources.

Happy investing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:

Access Bank Plc: N3 billion
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc: N15 billion
First Bank of Nigeria Ltd: N12.4 billion
Ecobank Nigeria: N7 billion
Sterling Bank Plc: N5 billion
Fidelity Bank Plc: N11 billion
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc: N12.5 billion
First City Monument Bank Ltd: N10 billion
CitiBank Nigeria Ltd: N10.2 billion
Stanbic IBTC Bank: N15 billion
Zenith Bank Plc: N7 billion
Wema Bank Plc: N3 billion
Titan Trust Bank: N2.5 billion
Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Ltd: N4 billion

I am not in support of either the Central bank or the Banks but I think you are looking at it from only one side of the coin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2020
Northeastern:

Chief, well done.

Good feedback.
Although knowing ALL is desirable, I think there are very few masters of ALL.
Yes. There are people who do only TA. They are very good at it and they have a lot of followers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) (5846) (5847) (5848) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: floydmayweather, freeman67, jaybee3(m), Bagwa, Princkez, chykeking, ogoo4real, emmasoft(m), Mpeace(m), sophy17(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.