Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10853848 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) ... (7744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 10:51am On Jul 29, 2020
veecovee:

With this result, do have change of mind

cc BEARBULL

ETI is not FUGAZ sha. Or more important, UGZ.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2020
Princkez:
pls has flour mills realeased their 2020 audited report
Not yet.
Their FYE should be March 2020. It will be out anytime from now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2020
Mcy56:

Not yet. Let me check and reconfirm
and they are about to hold board meeting for q1 2020 result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Princkez:
and they are about to hold board meeting for q1 2020 result
Something may have delayed release of final result, maybe SEC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2020
This type of silence when results are coming out shocked
Na wa o. It's like Nsempas are trapped in one stock or the other.
It is well. smiley
Let me come and be going too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2020
Mcy56:

They are presently in their board meeting.
Expect result before Saturday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2020
SEC has nothing to do with their results.
Mcy56:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
BrokerHaruna:
The banks are struggling, seriously struggling. CBN is running them aground. The government sees them as the new cash cows and mills them mercilessly. These are unusual times for Nigerian banks
state your motive.Is it monkey hunting,goat or cow hunting ?we don see 99 which one come be hundred wahala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mcy56:
This type of silence when results are coming out shocked
Na wa o. It's like Nsempas are trapped in one stock or the other.
It is well. smiley
Let me come and be going too.

Tell me what u saw in eti result b4 u go oo !!

@Bullbear said something about buying around N4.5\N4.6

With this result what do you guys say

cc @BULLBEAR
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
A close observation and I can see that there's a desperate attempt to push down the prices of some coys so some "unseen forces" can accumulate.

Hear this;
If u are in coys like GTB, ZENITH, UBA, ACCESS, ETI, HEALTH SECTOR COYS, UACN and WAPCO... then HOLD on tight and do sell out of panic.
I just laugh in Swahili when I see certain things. grin grin grin

The manipulative play seems even extreme in the last 2 coys.
Again, HOLD !!

We continue to observe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
onegentleguy:
A close observation and I can see that there's a desperate attempt to push down the prices of some coys so some "unseen forces" can accumulate.

Hear this;
If u are in coys like GTB, ZENITH, UBA, ACCESS, ETI, HEALTH SECTOR COYS, UACN and WAPCO... then HOLD on tight and do sell out of panic.

Again, HOLD !!

We continue to observe.

Thanks a lot ...

But when it comes to riddles, I know @currentprice for it.

Chaiii !! I hope he is ok financially and otherwise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
i need mtn to fall to N100 so that yours truly can enter the bus... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
X21:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31043_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31045_WEMA_BANK_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_20.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31046_CADBURY_NIGERIA_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_.pdf

Covid 19 impact more on Wema

On WEMA;

Not a great result, but very Ok considering the BS size of the bank.
One will need to look at the statement of cash flow to understand what played out in the bank.
Yes earnings was strained, but growth trajectory remains intact and healthy.
...feasible REWARD still well ahead of surrounding risk.

Current mkt price is a great BARGAIN !!(FVE from NC/S in view)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Heishere:

Nice result from FBN. Almost double the EPS

On FBNH;

EPS/EM doesn't tell the whole story.
Great improvement... given where they are coming from, but there are some concerns/worry.
REWARD still ahead of RISK though.
Drive for VALUE intact.

Still a Buy @ current mkt price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

Hear this;

Again, HOLD !!

We continue to observe.

Many of the top banks results......behaving like there was no lockdown or the Covid thing never happened. Prophets of doom should be retreating to their shells now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

It also Impacts on COST.
Although the border closure mainly impacts Import, Export will also come at a higher cost(COSG) as it means that they'll likely spend a little more pushing for sales.
...the result is a pressure in GROSS MARGIN and eventual decline in NPM.

I do understand the reason for ur question though. ...guess the motive behind it is that FCMGs are infact, suppose to benefit from the border closure.
There's a 2-way fold to that though;
1) Where their revenue margin(greater sales in view) tilts between exports and local sales.
2) To what extent/degree they rely on import of raw materials.(Import substitution/backward integration in view)

Coys that will be highly favoured by the border closure are those those whose revenue build-up relies far more on local sales than export with point No 1... and those who rely less on import of raw materials for their goods with point No 2.
Where the 2 criterias are met, u should expect nothing short of an acceleration in NPM.(the 1st entails higher gross margin while the 2nd betters EBIT/operating margin)

This is why coys like DANGOTE SUGAR, OKOMU OIL and FMCGs like UACN and FLOURMILL will be better positioned than the likes of UNILEVER, CADBURY and PZ.
The 1st 2(DS and OKOMU are in line for bigger gains)... while UACN and FLOURMILLS are the best placed in FMCGs.

Beyond the matter of border closure, UNILEVER had other issues. ...signs to their worries were there before then.

It is well.
X21:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31043_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31045_WEMA_BANK_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_20.pdf

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/31046_CADBURY_NIGERIA_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_.pdf

Covid 19 impact more on Wema

On CADBURY;

Earnings strained. Growth trajectory drifting away from valua despite cost saving measures.
I mentioned this coy as one of the few FMCGs that is not anti-fragile.(see post above)

However, strong cash position to the rescue... given the coys near zero debt.
At the current mkt price... not a great BUY for short players, but a HOLD for long termers.

#better@the4-5pricerange
#valueinvestingmindset
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
rebekah2011:
SEC has nothing to do with their results.
Thanks.
The result will likely come out good considering the heavy past/present volumes anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

You are writing 2 contradictory things. First is saying that there is increasing NPLs in banks and at the same time you are chastising CBN for LDR.

CBN said give loans to the people so that businesses can use it. Otherwise we will sterilize the excess funds from you.

Banks are scared of NPLs, so they don't give out the loans as fast as they should when proper risk assessment isn't done. Since they don't do it as at the stipulated time CBN gave for sterilisation, CBN goes ahead and deduct the excess deposit.

Why is CBN doing this? So that banks don't use it to invest/bet on non-core operations like making excess money from Tbills, Bonds, currency.

Even if there will be NPLs, it will be as a result of the existing and currently running loans. But banks being proactive and forward-thinking now will prefer CBN to hold their money at zero interest than lose the money via NPLs in this turbulent times.

I laugh! What's the contradiction? So you don't know that there exist a nexus between CBN's insistence on higher LDR and spike in NPLs? Interesting!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
E Ku Fbnh result o.

Seplat reversed up to close at day's high, 310.2.......we keep observing......

NPF Microfinance ...... closed @ 1.18........Quite some crossings at that price.
*Edited*.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Gbenue soun jare!

What do you know about limiting use?

Before 2015, limits for use of naira cards abroad was over $100K.

In 2016 limits for the use decreased to $50K, then $10K, then $5K. Then $1K. Then $100. Then it was stopped totally. That time oil price fell from its high of 100+ to 27.

We heard this same words you say now as at that time. Did heaven fall? No.

Now due to oil price fall and USD liquidity issues, the same is playing out and you screaming. wetin we never see before?

In 2016, I bought USD as high as 510. Now it is even cheaper inspite of the very terrible shock oil went through. And you are there shouting.

Where were you in 2016 when all cards abroad were stopped? Where were you when people were travelling abroad (in 2016) with 100 different naira bank cards with different people's names so that when you add all the small small dollars it will be meaningful?

Twisted logic. Yes bank cards were limited or restricted overseas in 2016 with serious consequences on the economy, did that make the current situation tenable? Do you know the larger implications of the restriction? Do you realise that people are losing faith in the naira and hoarding dollars or opening foreign accounts? Please think before you criticize!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
onegentleguy:

EPS/EM doesn't tell the whole story.
Great improvement... given where they are coming from, but there are some concerns/worry.
REWARD still ahead of RISK though.
Drive for VALUE intact.

Still a Buy @ current mkt price.

Alright boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Caverton and Cutix
CAVERTON OFFSHORE SUPPORT GROUP PLC- QUARTER 2 - FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR 2020

CUTIX PLC.- QUARTER 5 - FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
veecovee:
Tell me what u saw in eti result b4 u go oo !!
@Bullbear said something about buying around N4.5\N4.6
With this result what do you guys say
cc @BULLBEARMKT
Mcy did not see anything wrong from my layman's angle but let's wait for the boss' response and analysis on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
BrokerHaruna:

I laugh! What's the contradiction? So you don't know that there exist a nexus between CBN's insistence on higher LDR and spike in NPLs? Interesting!

That means u still do not understand the post(from @ oracle) u quoted.
...would've loved to help demystify it further but I see that ur thoughts are biased and deviated away from reality.

But hey, u can keep up with ur thinking... its a free world bro !! wink cheesy grin

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
On JULIUS BERGER;

Last report showed an earnings drop... majorly the aftermath of Fx ralated risk. ...apparently, there was no hedge mechanism in place.
However at the current mkt price, feasible REWARD still pegs well ahead of RISK(FVE from NC/S in view).
Growth trajectory suffered a set back but still defines a value-driven asset.

If u bought @ the Ytd low, it should pay to hold !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thks OGG

What's the company you were talking?

You never buy finish? Make see whether we go ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
On ETI;

Earnings strained amid higher impairment charge despite an increase in NII.
Slight pressure on cash flow but VALUE proposition remains intact.

Using a mix of valuation model that extensively discounts risk, each unit of ETI is rightly priced @ N11.72.
The current mkt price is therefore a strong BARGAIN.
...BUY !!

Disclaimer: Due dilligence still applies as always.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
onegentleguy:
On ETI;

Earnings strained amid higher impairment charge despite an increase in NII.
Slight pressure on cash flow but VALUE proposition remains intact.

Using a mix of valuation model that extensively discounts risk, each unit of ETI is rightly priced @ N11.72.
The current price is therefore a strong BARGAIN.
...BUY !!

Disclaimer: Due dilligence still applies as always.

The stock has no dividends sir. I am a dividend HUNTER

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) ... (7744) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EduC(m), sterlingD(m), debeey87(m), handsomebolanle, crownprince2017, kaykehin, TsarZed, phemmie06(m), Streetinvestor2, sophy17(m), Emndy(m), 222Martins(m), joedguy, OBAGADAFFI, Trone, Zagee and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.