Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10929476 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) (5922) (5923) (5924) ... (7769) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mcy56:

All items on agenda ticked.
Not expecting less since AGM was on proxy. Noted. Watching. tongue

NB: Mcy quoted this cos of the info and for followup purpose only.

What did he do with the N20 billion raised about 12 years ago ..

He would have done a better job using the money to by FG bought at 14% for 20 years, that would have given him about N2.8 billion as coupon.

He can then decide to share N2 billion to shareholders and then keep N800 million to himself.

That will give an annual dividend of 30k per share.

He squandered N20 billion about 12 years ago and now needs another N27 billion, who does that?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nigerian Stock Exchange Closes the Week Strong, Gains N181 Billion

The Nigerian Stock Exchange gained for five consecutive days this week to close the week strong. This is coming amid mixed second-quarter earnings reports from various listed companies.

The Exchange gained N181 billion or 1.41 percent from N12.882 trillion it closed last week before the Sallah holiday to N13.063 trillion this week. While the market capitalisation of listed stocks expanded by 1.41 percent or 348.16 basis points from 24,693.7 bps it closed last week to 25,041.89 bps this week.

https://investorsking.com/nigerian-stock-exchange-closes-the-week-strong-gains-n181-billion/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SlahJoe(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
This is clear enough.
Though you got answer...but let me add this:
Don't use your phone camera to snap KYC docs. Use a scanning machine or a 3-in-1 printer to scan the docs, safe in PDF or JPEG, upload and send.
When you use Phone camera, the file is always unusually large.......except you have a system whereby you can convert the file to a smaller, portable pdf size
Thanks ma, I'm grateful for your explanation, I done that yesterday, ma, with this done, when should I be expecting my dividend payment, my broker is Morgan capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SlahJoe(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mcy56:

This is clear enough.
Though you got answer...but let me add this:
Don't use your phone camera to snap KYC docs. Use a scanning machine or a 3-in-1 printer to scan the docs, safe in PDF or JPEG, upload and send.
When you use Phone camera, the file is always unusually large.......except you have a system whereby you can convert the file to a smaller, portable pdf size.
Thanks ma, I'm grateful for your explanation, I done that yesterday, ma, with this done, when should I be expecting my dividend payment, my broker is Morgan capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What did he do with the N20 billion raised about 12 years ago ..

He would have done a better job using the money to by FG bought at 14% for 20 years, that would have given him about N2.8 billion as coupon.

He can then decide to share N2 billion to shareholders and then keep N800 million to himself.

That will give an annual dividend of 30k per share.

He squandered N20 billion about 12 years ago and now needs another N27 billion, who does that?

Hmmmmm

This would have been a better investment for him and his shareholders

Loooooool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
ukay2:

Hmmmmm

This would have been a better investment for him and his shareholders

Loooooool

Since he is clueless

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
$LINK Defi...just moved from $3 to $13 in less than a month

Its competition $BAND Protocol just went from $3 to $12 in 24hrs after listing on coinbase.

You know what....screw NSE for the rest of the decade

I am moving 60% of my investment to crypto!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
stcool:

Its competition $BAND Protocol just went from $3 to $12 in 24hrs after listing on coinbase.

I moving 60% of my investment to crypto!!!

Good luck, NSE was never meant for you.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
SlahJoe:
Seems you're mixing it up.
KYC (Know Your Customer) documents are meant to update your records and doesn't have anything to do with dividend payment.
To get dividend payment, you have to fill an e-dividend form of the respective Registrar who's in custody of the stock you're expecting dividend from, scan and send to the Registrar or you take it to their office if it's closer to you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Savage! shocked grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Provided we all make it to the top and stay at the top!

I will come back to this quote in Dec, 2020 by then the $LINK I bought below $10 may be trading @$100 and heading to $1000

Like it or not...the future is Digital Assets grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
ozome15:

i n nearly fell for it. it was God's grace I didn't.
Lucky you!
Penny-wise was long d.e.a.d with uncountable funds that went with it. I doubt if some recovered from the loss till today.
Always ask if you're not sure of any investment with mouth watering offers you're invited to join.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
stcool:

I am moving 60% of my investment to crypto!!!

it will loose in equal proportion when its time comes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
X21:

Until then... grin

Cos even the NSE is going nowhere grin

Risk is Risk grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
SlahJoe:
...when should I be expecting my dividend payment, my broker is Morgan capital

Click this site to download the e-dividend form.
Mcy56:
http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Hahaha...Pa Emma, when did you become Tiwa Savage? Lol.

I just cannot forget Uncle Stcool in a hurry. Firstly, he was repeatedly preaching doom about the market, sounding like a broken record, only for him to re-emerge later and started buying Japaul Oil, UACN, Sterling Bank. Walahi, I became so confused.

Village people no dey gree rest even during COVID. Uncle Stcool, nah joke ooo. cool cool cool

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
But that didn't happen.
zionaigbokhan:

I said UACN was lossing 10%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Danniee(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
seyisanya:

I just cannot forget Uncle Stcool in a hurry. Firstly, he was repeatedly preaching doom about the market, sounding like a broken record, only for him to re-emerge later and started buying Japaul Oil, UACN, Sterling Bank. Walahi, I became so confused.

Fidelity join. ..

Village people no dey gree rest even during COVID. Uncle Stcool, nah joke ooo. cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Danniee(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
Fidelity join ..

seyisanya:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
seyisanya:

Its all fun and I hope you are making money?

Cos I am and would always keep my mind open when it comes to investment.

The $LINK I bought below $10 is sitting currently $13+ if it hits $20 I would have covered all my loss for the year on NSE and counting but I am not selling it.

While its all kikiki grin let's all make money

Smart Nigerians are in crypto...check the volume trade on Binance daily BUSD/Naira grin

When your eyes finally open I would gone.

Nigerians are always late to the party!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
stcool:

Its all fun and I hope you are making money?

Cos I am and would always keep my mind open when it comes to investment.

The $LINK I bought below $10 is sitting currently $13+ if it hits $20 I would have covered all my loss for the year on NSE and counting but I am not selling it.

While its all kikiki grin let's all make money

Smart Nigerians are in crypto...check the volume trade on Binance daily BUSD/Naira grin

When your eyes finally open I would gone.

Nigerians are always late to the party!!!

Of all investment vehicles, Crypto? Wow!

Well, I wish you well in your newly found love. By the way, I've noticed your pattern of response here about ''making money'' - indirectly referring to others not making the kind of money you make - I laugh in swahili. Kindly note that people who make real money don't show off with numbers online. It's the ''audio'' guys that always try to prove a point by all means.

Anyway, like Dr. Ukay always says, we're all making money this year.

Once again, I wish you well!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Dangote Cement revenue has been growing by an average of 16% year after year for the last 5 years, but their EPS does about 2% on average. It seems dey are not that efficient. I though they had moat in the industry.

I have been reading Rule #1 by Phil Town and I am finding it very interesting. Trying to wrap my head around the CDF calculations, mad o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
seyisanya:

Well, I wish you well in your newly found love. By the way, I've noticed your pattern of response here about ''making money'' - indirectly referring to others not making the kind of money you make - I laugh in swahili. Kindly note that people who make real money don't show off with numbers online. It's the audio guys that always try to prove a point by all means.

True, if you bought Zenith at 10.7 earlier this year, you would be sitting on 58% right now, and counting.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
Some people will be doubling there investment by the middle of next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
seyisanya:

Well, I wish you well in your newly found love. By the way, I've noticed your pattern of response here about ''making money'' - indirectly referring to others not making the kind of money you make - I laugh in swahili. Kindly note that people who make real money don't show off with numbers online. It's the ''audio'' guys that always try to prove a point by all means.

You shinned your 32 at my loss. I returned with a question "I hope you are making money, cos I am already covering my losses"

You are now quoting me in BOLD and wishing me well.

Uncle go & sit down grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
stcool:

You shinned your 32 at my loss. I returned with a question "I hope you are making money, cos I am already covering my losses"

You are now quoting me in BOLD and wishing me well.

Uncle go & sit down grin
Where did I refer to your loss, Uncle? I only mentioned tickers. What's my business with your losses or gains? Go and read your previous posts, you're always indirectly referring to others not making money and it makes me laugh each time I read such comments.

Let it slide. It was just a joke anyway but on a faceless forum like this, it's unwise to measure people's worth because real money is silent wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
ositadima1:
Dangote Cement revenue has been growing by an average of 16% year after year for the last 5 years, but their EPS does about 2% on average. It seems dey are not that efficient. I though they had moat in the industry.

I have been reading Rule #1 by Phil Town and I am finding it very interesting. Trying to wrap my head around the CDF calculations, mad o.

could you please share the book if you have the soft copy. many thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
seyisanya:
Where did I refer to your loss, Uncle? I only mentioned tickers. What's my business with your losses or gains? Go and read your previous posts, you're always indirectly referring to others not making money and it makes me laugh each time I read such comments.

Let it slide. It was just a joke anyway but on a faceless forum like this, it's unwise to measure people's worth because real money is silent wink

My advise, go and read more on crypto and DeFi...If you have already I hope you act soon.

Goodluck!!!

https://nairametrics.com/2020/08/08/nigeria-attracts-more-bitcoin-interest-than-any-country-globally/

"Among top countries in Q2, 2020 leading in peer to peer Bitcoin transactional trades on the African continent were:

Nigeria – $34.4 million dollars.
South Africa – $15.2 million dollars.
Kenya – $7.8 million.
Ghana – $640,000.
Tanzania – $600,000."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
stcool:

Provided we all make it to the top and stay at the top!

I will come back to this quote in Dec, 2020 by then the $LINK I bought below $10 may be trading @$100 and heading to $1000

Like it or not...the future is Digital Assets grin grin grin

Do not be carried away grin

If only I sold my $NXT when it was worth over $100k (yes over 100k dollars) embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
X21:

You've said it all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SlahJoe(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mcy56:

Seems you're mixing it up.
KYC (Know Your Customer) documents are meant to update your records and doesn't have anything to do with dividend payment.
To get dividend payment, you have to fill an e-dividend form of the respective Registrar who's in custody of the stock you're expecting dividend from, scan and send to the Registrar or you take it to their office if it's closer to you.
Which stock are you expecting dividend from......if I may ask?
Thanks for your response ma, I was referring to share Transfer forms, I filled the e-dividend mandate forms which I took to my bank GTB for confirmation since June, the man in charge said the bank can help me get it to the respective registrars, I doubt if he actually did that, it was later I found out that SEC had stopped bank confirmation, I have filled Africa prudential registrar e-dividend for my Uba, Afriprud & Ucap online which they acknowledged receipt, but informed me that I should liase with my broker to get share Transfer form send to them, it now remain e-dividend mandates for GTB, Zenith and Redstar which I will filled and send to them tru email this week, God's willing, thanks once again for ur everytime concern u always show newbies like me on this wonderful forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) (5922) (5923) (5924) ... (7769) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.