Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10920257 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6043) (6044) (6045) (6046) (6047) (6048) (6049) ... (7766) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
Godisfaithful:
grin grin grin
My FPI boss you laughed on Oct 16 when I said Fidelity will trail fcmb behind.....
Are you seeing market now? grin
I understood you're trying to issue a caution not to be carried away with the bull anyway.
Thanks for that sir. smiley
One of the reasons I'm placing much emphasis on dividend paying stocks, though there are quite some stocks that enjoys positive sentiments during bull and deliver cap appreciation too.
As for the breweries, I saw it like buying into the future of the coys, breweries can't stay down forever considering what the sector produces.....oil & gas can't be down forever too.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
bigjay01:

Makes every sense to look at Fidelity. Either Fidelity races up to close the gap or FCMB comes down to achieve same.
FCMB is about to be overpriced, a fall is imminent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sabiboy99: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

The company is among the list of stocks I posted as a possible future candidate/target for aquisation/buy out. ...u can dig up on my past post for reference/guide.

But let me still give out a hint.
A simple puzzle...

Assuming u were to assign a No(in ascending order) to each of the 26 alphabetical letters, then the name of the said company(acronym) is represented by an ARITHMETIC SEQUENCE where the DIFFERENCE(d) between the 3rd and the 2nd No is twice that between the 2nd and the 1st.

...Pls figure out the rest.

The most logical thing to do is to align with that coy.
When? ...now.
One word; BUY !!

CAVEAT: Any decision-making on this should come after reading through my signature below. Due diligencestill apllies as always.

Selah

Heehe... Its CAP sir grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
dinyelutochukwu:

FCMB is about to be overpriced, a fall is imminent.

Have you seen their Q3 result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2020
Flourmills on new 52 weeks high
The Agric investment seems to be paying off!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2020
Sabiboy99:

No Sir !!
...so u too follow dey jump window during maths class. wink cheesy grin
That thing no hard to decode naw !!

Try again Sir.
Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
Zagee:
Flourmills on new 52 weeks high
The Agric investment seems to be paying off!

FMN plc should better go back to N40 upwards....Devaluation really affected their Q2 result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
Pls where is Intendy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
Heishere:

PZ?

No Sir !!
...pls try again. wink cheesy grin

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
Sabiboy99:
It can't be CAP.
Cap is buying over Portland paint.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mcy56:
Pls where is Intendy?

I am safe my sister. like I was given the wrong address. I was told my palliative was with you .will update . thanks for the show of love

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
Noticed something a few moments ago on Morgan Capital

I started selling my Fidelity at 2.3, and was partially filled. I was atop for offer @2.3.

But when next I refreshed, my order was dropped to 6th position. Who can explain this biko?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

The company is among the list of stocks I posted as a possible future candidate/target for aquisation/buy out. ...u can dig up on my past post for reference/guide.

A simple puzzle...

Assuming u were to assign a No(in ascending order) to each of the 26 alphabetical letters, then the name of the said company(acronym) is represented by an ARITHMETIC SEQUENCE where the DIFFERENCE(d) between the 3rd and the 2nd No is twice that between the 2nd and the 1st.

When? ...now.
One word; BUY !!

CAVEAT: Any decision-making on this should come after reading through my signature below. Due diligencestill apllies as always.

Selah

I tried and failed. grin

My working;

arithmetic sequence ==> a, a+d, a+2d, ... 'a' can be any number and 'd' always same.

Eq1_________3rd term minus 2nd term ==> a+2d -(a+d) = d
Eq2_________2nd term minus 1st term ==> a+d-a =d

My conclusion ==> 'd' not equal to 2 times 'd'

Sir, maybe ur question is no exact.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
Intendy:
I am safe my sister. like I was given the wrong address. I was told my palliative was with you .will update . thanks for the show of love
Chai! Just when I was looking for you for my palliative items!! Abeg my bros no do chop alone o. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sabiboy99: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

No Sir !!
...so u too follow dey jump window during maths class. wink cheesy
That thing no hard to decode naw !!

Try again Sir.
Regards

Heehe... You can relate sir... na we skip maths class pass that yr but nah we first enter University.grin

is wellgrin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sabiboy99: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mcy56:
It can't be CAP. Cap is buying over Portland paint.
Oyana.. Nothing is hidden under the sun... we go find out soon na grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:
There has been a reoccurance of mergers/aquisation or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.
Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, aquisation or takeover/buyout. ...with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
However, I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking(early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge its relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE(a key financial tool used to forecast if a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining as a going concern. ...which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces'(investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.

...and using the EPP(earnings persistence approach: a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out(should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger, aquisation or takeover/buy out.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation !!

My advise: Always do well to follow ur instinct.
onegentleguy:

A simple puzzle...

When? ...now.
One word; BUY !!

Selah

On the part in bold, I don help dig up the post for una.
...make @penboy no come kidnap me. wink cheesy grin
Anyway even if he does, I will just be chopping free food. My current small minimum wage no dey do me at all !!

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
ositadima1:

I tried and failed. grin

My working;

arithmetic sequence ==> a, a+d, a+2d, ... 'a' can be any number and 'd' always same.

Eq1_________3rd term minus 2nd term ==> a+2d -(a+d) = d
Eq2_________2nd term minus 1st term ==> a+d-a =d

My conclusion ==> 'd' not equal to 2 times 'd'

Sir, maybe ur question is no exact.

C=2(b-a)
The 3rd is twice the difference of the 2nd and 1st...

Abeg..I don tire jare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
Flour Mills Q2 - 2020 result...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
NASCON Q3 - 2020 result...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kintus(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

Anyway even if he does, I will just be chopping free food. My current small minimum wage no dey do me at all !!

It is well.

COURTVILLE

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nestlé finally moved up with +N117.50!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kashif:
Noticed something a few moments ago on Morgan Capital
I started selling my Fidelity at 2.3, and was partially filled. I was atop for offer @2.3.

But when next I refreshed, my order was dropped to 6th position. Who can explain this biko?
Could be system glitch, doesn't mean your order wasn't still the first one to attend to before others. Used to happen sometimes in iTrade platforms.
Sometimes, MM could do some manipulation as well. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kintus(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

It is well.

COURTVILLE Sir

Difference between 3rd (U-21) and 2nd (O-15) is 6

Difference between 2nd (O-15) and 1st (C-3) is 12
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
kintus:

COURTVILLE Sir

Difference between 3rd (U-21) and 2nd (O-15) is 6

Difference between 2nd (O-15) and 1st (C-3) is 12

No Sir !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
The company is GLASOMITHKLINE(GSK) folks.
Best to KEY into that coy now !!
The present mkt price is by far way too cheap !!

CAVEAT: Due dilligence should still take top priority ahead of this post.

Selah

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Could be system glitch, doesn't mean your order wasn't still the first one to attend to before others. Used to happen sometimes in iTrade platforms.
Sometimes, MM could do some manipulation as well. lipsrsealed

Thanks sisterly.

@ bolded, angry angry shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

No Sir !!
i think its FO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
onegentleguy:

It is well.
From this list

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
OGG- abeg i don do further maths tire o, kindly just hint on the first alphabeth abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
dharpzee:
OGG- abeg i don do further maths tire o, kindly just hint on the first alphabeth abeg

I already mentioned the coy.
Pls refer to my last post above.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (6043) (6044) (6045) (6046) (6047) (6048) (6049) ... (7766) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talk2me2, Foundationchamp(f), sophy17(m), aimaft, xezoid(m), NL1960, stronglink, crownprince2017, anjilgreat(f), SetrakusRa(m), essentialone(m), ernie4life(m), eziokwunwoko(m), sky2891, STOjo and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.