Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10859519 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
bigjay01:

I hear you

NSE has been generally good. The likes of UBA (picked a lot at 2.97), ZB, flourmills, Nascon, AIICO, Dangflour, Dangsugar NEM (currently at an average of 28k/share) amongst others have more than outperformed any inflation or exchange rate differential you can think of.

The major mistake of 2008 was shooting first and asking questions later (compounded by the absence of online self trade). It was also not helped by the cheap money available in this clime especially post credit crisis of 2007 (0% 3 year deals etc).

It has been generally good, but as an Igbo man that does not like loosing a penny grin grin, I believe I sometimes overemphasise the losses than the gains.

Online trade is the real deal now....Analog brokers almost frustrated me out of this business

Surprised you didn't add UCAP to your catalog...knew when we were buying them at 90k then, still pick some units at N2 two years ago...

Your analysis then on Dangflour was the bump shell....riding it from N3 to N24 was so sweet

NSE has been a blessing to those that never given up despite the challenges we see sometimes

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
megawealth01:
Let's hope it gets to #3 grin

Onye oshi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
samguru:

@locodemy you tin say we no know ur looting parole on d floor of NSE
grin

I go blow whistle ooooo

On a serious note,I need it badly

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Stock with new 52 week lows
Daarcom #0.27k
Stocks with new 52 week highs
Regency alliance #0.33k
Wapic #0.55k
Livestock #2.11k
Champion brew #1.35k
Royal #0.34k
Linkage #0.69k
Japaul #1.52k
Flourmill #32.80k
Niger insurance #0.26k
Sovereign #0.26k
Academy #0.39k
Mutual benefit #0.42k
Veritas kapital #0.25k
United Capital #5.29k
Mtn #170.00k
Vitafoam #9.05k
Nascon #17.55k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nobody is seeing oando as a gold
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Intendy:

Daarcom #0.27k

Regency alliance #0.33k

Wapic #0.55k

Livestock #2.11k

Champion brew #1.35k

Royal #0.34k

Linkage #0.69k

Japaul #1.52k

Flourmill #32.80k

Niger insurance #0.26k

Sovereign #0.26k

Academy #0.39k

Mutual benefit #0.42k

Veritas kapital #0.25k

United Capital #5.29k

Mtn #170.00k

Vitafoam #9.05k

Nascon #17.55k

See list of insurance stocks.
I don't know why I hate those stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
locodemy:

Are many companies buying more insurance policies post ENDSARS protest/destructions?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
ukay2:

Are many companies buying more insurance policies post ENDSARS protest/destructions?

CBN monetary policy is responsible for the bullish market.

Briscoe PLC was also attempting to jump out from the 20 kobo cage today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
samguru:

CBN monetary policy is responsible for the bullish market.

Briscoe PLC was also attempting to jump out from the 20 kobo cage today

And the bull may continue for a long time when the monitoring policy will favour fixed income market

But why the rise of insurance equities recently?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
austinkenneth:
Mutual Benefits appears to be on steroids. People have finally realised the value here. This stock traded at N0.20 with no takers, at a P/E of less than 1 [b][/b]for months.

I'm not giving up my shares until N1.00
cheesy cheesy SMAN card carrying member

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
ukay2:

And the bull may continue for a long time when the monitoring policy will favour fixed income market

But why the rise of insurance equities recently?

Those that were in the market post banks consolidation will understand what is happening currently in the market.

The stocks that were dead beyond resurrection received lives and jumped of the grave,but when the Kasala burst, all the fundamentally sound stocks almost entered the grave with them.

This is the time to be extremely careful as some gullible investors will be stuck in some of these dead stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Honestly I wondered how come it took the market this long to discover the excellent P.E. value of that stock.
Eyes don clear now grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Honestly I wondered how come it took the market this long to discover the excellent P.E. value of that stock.
This same stock had over 8M units(block) on offer at 0.20 in one day like that, can't really remember,people just look away grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
what's your target price?

locodemy:

NSE is a place of ojoro
See how they caused panic on the stock.
I thought there will be announcement of reconstructions hence the reason why people were selling at 0.93/95.Anyway Transcorp achieving two things in recent time is a plus to the shareholders. If all these latest info is factored in, by the end of Q2,the top and bottom lines of the stock will rise and the share price will also go up even above 100% from the current price.

Good luck to those who did not sell. I will join the train when I see the numbers I am looking for in the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:15am On Jan 16, 2021
ukay2:

Online trade is the real deal now....Analog brokers almost frustrated me out of this business.

Surprised you didn't add UCAP to your catalog...knew when we were buying them at 90k then, still pick some units at N2 two years ago...

Your analysis then on Dangflour was the bump shell....riding it from N3 to N24 was so sweet

NSE has been a blessing to those that never given up despite the challenges we see sometimes

Per the bolded, you just hit the nail on the head. Those guys so mystified the market by the manner in which they delayed execution of mandates for days running into weeks only for you to later see a trade alert with a buy price well above the price you placed the buy order or a sell price well below that at which you placed a sell order.
In addition, those pre-digital days, one had to physically visit the broker's office to fill a hard copy form for a buy or sell mandate and also to collet a check for proceeds of sales.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:23am On Jan 16, 2021
locodemy:

In this Nigerian market one needs not hate or love any company or sector on a permanent basis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Valueinvestor:

This same stock had over 8M units(block) on offer at 0.20 in one day like that, can't really remember,people just look away grin

I vividly remember that 8 million units offer day. There was even a day in July last year that the stock inched up by 10% intraday and dropped back almost immediately.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 16, 2021
sonofElElyon:
what's your target price?

When I see Q1 and Q2 results.
If they can post 2 digit numbers as profit, I think looking at the business type, it will reach 7-10.

But for now, the stock will rise on the news on the table. It still remain my best Jijo stock of NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadiima1: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2021
ebuka1997:

Do you have a twitter account where you post some of these

yinkacrown:

You are adding great value to members of this forum.

I always look forward to your 'Systematic_Trader' posts.

Well done !

The RSI approach is a work in progress, not to be blindly followed o, I post it here so I can get constructive criticism.

Having said that, the strategy is very likely to work this year as it is.

It advised me to buy Zenith when it was 24 and hold for the next 90 days.

In the spirit of the thread's original purpose - Market Pick Alerts. smiley

#systematic_trader

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2021
ukay2:

Hope I will bailout this time around N2+....have been in the bus for close to a decade grin grin
Doc, this news fit push Transcorp to IPO price. Let's watch and see.
NB: I don't have Transcorp in my portfolio and no money to buy on Monday

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2021
9free:

Your CoronatedWapic is better than TranscorpOIL plc.......so let's see how next week will be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2021
ukay2:

Online trade is the real deal now....Analog brokers almost frustrated me out of this business

I have about 40 stock in my portfolio (about 10 are dead, a few will turn +ve this season)
Like I wrote... amongst others (so can't list all)
UCAP is currently amongst the top performers. Been in since 90k. Holding at an average of #1.2

A couple are being held for free when you factor in dividends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Intendy:

Daarcom #0.27k

Regency alliance #0.33k

Wapic #0.55k

Livestock #2.11k

Champion brew #1.35k

Royal #0.34k

Linkage #0.69k

Japaul #1.52k

Flourmill #32.80k

Niger insurance #0.26k

Sovereign #0.26k

Academy #0.39k

Mutual benefit #0.42k

Veritas kapital #0.25k

United Capital #5.29k

Mtn #170.00k

Vitafoam #9.05k

Nascon #17.55k

Lol, DAARCOM.

What is Dunlop waiting for?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2021
locodemy:

Because some went down like a pack of cards and stayed down.
Cap appreciation nada, dividends nada.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2021
samguru:

Those that were in the market post banks consolidation will understand what is happening currently in the market.

The stocks that were dead beyond resurrection received lives and jumped of the grave,but when the Kasala burst, all the fundamentally sound stocks almost entered the grave with them.

This is the time to be extremely careful as some gullible investors will be stuck in some of these dead stocks

It is natural jooo. FOMO at play. When I came in 2007, I remember oga Wanaj0's warning. I ignored it be cause I had the capital and didn't want to miss out.

My warning to new entrants - it is better to play fundamentally solid, dividend paying stock at current prices than to attempt a swim with the sharks. Ask questions 1st before shooting.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadiima1: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2021
Olaide1295:

Alright.
I also think it would lose money in 2018.
March-December last year is basically lowest to highest.

Anyways, can you share the NSE historical data on Kaggle, CSV or sql.
Make I test with Machine learning.

Download the NSE data from the link below, remember to remove the spaces . The longer data set runs from 2012 to around October 2020.

https : //drive . google . com/file/d/1-REWVQZJJ3T3XFi8m-AqIiICHP-BYnGh/view?usp=sharing

I also attached the RSI cumulative returns equity curve. In my last post got stuff mixed up, 2018 was also very bad, in fact the worst.

Would like to see the results from you machine learning if you don't mind bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2021
9free:

You must not be carried away by all the news sorrounding Transcorp. You must also factor in NCI. Transcorp may just be a vehicle used by HH.

What do i know? Am just not getting carried away.

I also have truck loads of Transcorp at an average of #1.78
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2021
bigjay01:

I believe they are pumping up the price preparatory to a public/private offering. otherwise where is the money gonna come from?
I have been wrong severally, I may also be wrong this time around

It's obvious for everyone to see. The question now is @ what price.

I think it's only fair to say people will be sceptical with anything jegede especially based on previous experiences. That's why I said in one of my post that the risk to reward becomes higher once it pass #1(I did my buying @37k) and that people should only risk what they can afford to loose.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2021
bigjay01:

You must not be carried away by all the news sorrounding Transcorp. You must also factor in NCI. Transcorp may just be a vehicle used by HH.

What do i know? Am just not getting carried away.

I also have truck loads of Transcorp at an average of #1.78
Make sure you fulfill this when the price gets there
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2021
bigjay01:

It is natural jooo. FOMO at play. When I came in 2007, I remember oga Wanaj0's warning. I ignored it be cause I had the capital and didn't want to miss out.

My warning to new entrants - it is better to play fundamentally solid, dividend paying stock at current prices than to attempt a swim with the sharks. Ask questions 1st before shooting.
Good advise... Newbies take note and leave us GAMBLERS alone grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2021
ukay2:

Your CoronatedWapic is better than TranscorpOIL plc.......so let's see how next week will be.
Seems you have WAPIC but missed TRANSCORP looking for how to buy from weak hands grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2021
Deadlytruth:

In this Nigerian market one needs not hate or love any company or sector on a permanent basis.
Words of wisdom cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, Pesuzok(m), chimex38, Teeonebaba(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.