Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10832298 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) ... (7732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
UCAP hmmmmm
UCAP has proven that they cannot be underrated, with top management showing its dedication to take the company to the top of Tony Elumelu investment ecosystem and business empire, improving the balance sheet and generating revenue beyond reasonable doubt.
The company's realigned focus, determination, and successes as of late have put it on track to achieve favorable prospects in the long term. This may be a giant’s back which investors should consider jumping on perhaps sooner rather than later.
The best performer in 2020 fye so far.
Kudos to the management of UCAP.
We hope other listed companies would learn the secret of UCAP and turn their situation around.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

On NSE anything can happen.

Price manipulation can happen, but not dividend manipulation from negative retained earnings.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin
OBAGADAFFI:

On NSE anything can happen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
Transcorp People, how far with your journey to KM 5? are you still on course grin grin grin

anyway sha, I go join una at 70 kobo .

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
samguru:

Price manipulation can happen, but not dividend manipulation from negative retained earnings.

Chams Plc will be paying a dividend of N0.03 per share for the 2018 financial year despite negative retained earnings.

While the company’s return to profitability is a positive development, the decision to pay dividends is a somewhat odd one. Chams currently have negative retained earnings of N1.9 billion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zimams: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
Is there any news on ETI? There were talks of the possibility of dividend payment for FYE 2020.
Wondering whether to hold or exit to protect my capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Chams Plc will be paying a dividend of N0.03 per share for the 2018 financial year despite negative retained earnings.
2018 FYE or 2020 FYE?
Can you post the link pls.
Yes, Chams already returned to profit in the 2020 fye.
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/32345_CHAMS_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2020_FINA.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
Mcy56:

2018 FYE or 2020 FYE?
Can you post the link pls.
Yes, Chams already returned to profit in the 2020 fye.
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/32345_CHAMS_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2020_FINA.pdf

https://nairametrics.com/2019/04/03/chams-opts-to-pay-dividends-despite-negative-retained-earnings/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

While the company’s return to profitability is a positive development, the decision to pay dividends is a somewhat odd one. Chams currently have negative retained earnings of N1.9 billion.

@OBAGADAFFI
Chams did balance sheet restructuring and that was sanctioned in the Federal High Court. If you recalled AIICO did similar thing to their balance sheet by reclassification.
The implication of that is just to make the company have surplus and reserve separated from retained earnings. With this restructuring they can pay dividend from reserve or surplus account and not retained earning

In oando's case everything is RED and they can not go to court to restructure their balance sheet now because they have too many court cases.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
https://nairametrics.com/2019/04/03/chams-opts-to-pay-dividends-despite-negative-retained-earnings/
Check the date on that article, it's 2 years ago.
Their books are much better now. I hope the coy pays dividend for the 2020 FYE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
samguru:

@OBAGADAFFI
Chams did balance sheet restructuring and that was sanctioned in the Federal High Court. If you recalled AIICO did similar thing to their balance sheet by reclassification.
The implication of that is just to make the company have surplus and reserve separated from retained earnings. With this restructuring they can pay dividend from reserve or surplus account and not retained earning

In oando's case everything is RED and they can not go to court to restructure their balance sheet now because they have too many court cases.

Meaning they generated more funds by selling off some assets or Adjustmented their Liability.

But the year they paid that dividend, Chams balance sheet was showing the negative retained earnings.

Wale can pull fast one us anytime.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
Mcy56:

Check the date on that article, it's 2 years ago.
Their books are much better now. I hope the coy pays dividend for the 2020 FYE.

I know, if you follow the thread you will understand why I sighted that example.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
I know, if you follow the thread you will understand why I sighted that example.
I don't think they eventually pay that particular dividend......but if they opt to pay it for 2020 fye, it's fine.
@chibuking81 should be able to clarify it for us....... smiley
Wish Chams could spring surprise again....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

Meaning they generated more funds by selling off some assets or Adjustmented their Liability.

But the year they paid that dividend, Chams balance sheet was showing the negative retained earnings.

My Oga where would he get the money to pay from? has he finish paying the Banks? or you think the Banks would allow him pay dividend when he is still owing dem loan that had become delinquent? Oando cannot return to profitability except oil reads 70 (that was the projections on which the conoco asset were bought, check the coy previous financial statement) and unlike some other marginal player he cannot increase the volume from the oil well to compensate for price fall because it is not the operator.

My Oga i really wished the rumour has an ounce of possibility to it cos im heavy here (though fully written off now) but im a hard nosed realist, so i wld tell you not to bet on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

Wale has bitten more than he can chew!,
he cannot pull any fast one here as all eyes on OANDO.

The banks are waiting for their money and naira depreciation has worsened OANDO's situation.

These banks may repeat what ACCESS BANK did to Japual Oil and Maritime service in order to recover their loans

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
robobo:

My Oga where would he get the money to pay from? has he finish paying the Banks? or you think the Banks would allow him pay dividend when he is still owing dem loan that had become delinquent? Oando cannot return to profitability except oil reads 70 (that was the projections on which the conoco asset were bought, check the coy previous financial statement) and unlike some other marginal player he cannot increase the volume from the oil well to compensate for price fall because it is not the operator.

My Oga i really wished the rumour has an ounce of possibility to it cos im heavy here (though fully written off now) but im a hard nosed realist, so i wld tell you not to bet on it.

Wale grin grin grin

Remember Oando recently won a court case to carry out AGM.

Anything can happen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
UCAP getting more than enough bashing....
Mr. Market doing it's things .......or what can we say it's this one's offence now?

Ucap trading higher above Afriprud, can we say it needs some adjustments ni......lol. dont.mind me. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
samguru:

Wale has bitten more than he can chew!,
he cannot pull any fast one here as all eyes on OANDO.

The banks are waiting for their money and naira depreciation has worsened OANDO's situation.

These banks may repeat what ACCESS BANK did to Japual Oil and Maritime service in order to recover their loans

When it comes to manipulations Oando is the king.

Even SEC is tired.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Willie2015:

Dat should be the koko
Dont see how it should fall drastically like dis if they are payin...
We may see it below N20...
Just Just ...
Very soon......

That very soon became today, stocks japa today sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
Former Chairman of Defunct Diamond Bank Oluseyi Bickersteth Dies
https://businesspost.ng/general/former-chairman-of-defunct-diamond-bank-oluseyi-bickersteth-dies/

300% ROI in 4 Weeks: Ponzi Scheme Operator Opts for Plea Bargain
https://businesspost.ng/economy/300-roi-in-4-weeks-ponzi-scheme-operator-opts-for-plea-bargain/

Value of Nigerian Mutual Funds Reaches N1.43trn
https://businesspost.ng/economy/value-of-nigerian-mutual-funds-reaches-n1-43trn/

Nano, Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Businesses in Lagos State, Way Forward
https://businesspost.ng/featureoped/nano-micro-small-and-medium-sized-businesses-in-lagos-state-way-forward/

Demand Pressure Pulls Down Naira to N411.63/$1 at Investors’ Window
https://businesspost.ng/economy/demand-pressure-pulls-down-naira-to-n411-63-1-at-investors-window/

A Closer Look at What SuperTrend Indicator is and How Simple it is to Use
https://businesspost.ng/economy/a-closer-look-at-what-supertrend-indicator-is-and-how-simple-it-is-to-use/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pesuzok(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
emmasoft:

You can trade NASD OTC shares with investment one. We are one of the licensed stockbrokers.

Please note you will need to register differently to have the cscs account for that platform. The details of your regular cscs account for NSE stocks cannot be used on NASD platform.

To open account click on the link on my signature.

After completing the online form send a mail to customer care that your application is for NASD
with that you are good to go.
Can I trade in the bond market with investment one?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Is there going to be a rise of ftncocoa or the thing has gone into a long time rest....it did a significant fall today. Men Seplat uplifting towards the end today was significant
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Intendy:

on which day did it close at #6.10k , cause reference prices are closing prices
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pesuzok:

Can I trade in the bond market with investment one?

Yes you can and even Eurobonds as well.
Click the link on my signature to complete the online form for account opening.
once you click, pick two products- ]fixed income and stockbroking.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
INVESTMENT ONE PENSION FOR HIGHER RETURNS ON YOUR FUNDS!

Gone are the days to stick to just one PFA whether you like the ROI or not.
You now have choice to switch your PFA.
If you want better returns on the funds in your RSA come over to Investment one Pension.
Don't just save let you savings save
Call/chat me. Check my signature for contact number.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Are we allowed to have more than one PFA now?

Also they now allow one to pay directly into his PFA himself?

emmasoft:
INVESTMENT ONE PENSION FOR HIGHER RETURNS ON YOUR FUNDS!

Gone are the days to stick to just one PFA whether you like the ROI or not.
You now have choice to switch your PFA.
If you want better returns on the funds in your RSA come over to Investment one Pension.
Don't just save let you savings save
Call/chat me. Check my signature for contact number.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
ojesymsym:
Are we allowed to have more than one PFA now?

Also they now allow one to pay directly into his PFA himself?

No you have one PFA at a time but you are now allowed to switch from one PFA to another.

Contribution is through your employer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:03am On Mar 04, 2021
Mcy56:

I don't think they eventually pay that particular dividend......but if they opt to pay it for 2020 fye, it's fine.
@chibuking81 should be able to clarify it for us....... smiley
Wish Chams could spring surprise again....
For Cham, no surprise is coming from them this time
1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,
2. Jan-Sept negative (2) kobo EPs,
3. Jan-Dec negative (1) kobo EPs
4. This was against their last year Jan - Dec earning per a share of 6 kobo.
See page 3 of their 2020 final year statement.

Company might have negative retain earning in their final year account as the result of previous negative earning, but still declare dividend in that accounting year, through positive EPs, for example if they earn 7 kobo, and declare 2 kobo, the remaining 5 kobo will be retain and will cancel the negative retain earning completely or near to completion. This will show in their following accounting year. So for now Cham PLC don't have what it take to pull up surprise this year, maybe next year.

The surprise will come from insurance companies this time, most especially from two. They started their vehicle with other insurance companies ahead of time, and reverses back, one to car park and the other near to car park. Once the dividend announcement comes out, kilometer 100%/200% they will move. Save this post.
Good morning all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:25am On Mar 04, 2021
Chibuking81:

1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,
Company might have negative retain earning in their final year account as the result of previous negative earning, but still declare dividend in that accounting year, through positive EPs, for example if they earn 7 kobo, and declare 2 kobo, the remaining 5 kobo will be retain and will cancel the negative retain earning completely or near to completion. This will show in their following accounting year. So for now Cham PLC don't have what it take to pull up surprise this year, maybe next year.

The surprise will come from insurance companies this time, most especially from two. They started their vehicle with other insurance companies ahead of time, and reverses back, one to car park and the other near to car park. Once the dividend announcement comes out, kilometer 100%/200% they will move. Save this post.
Good morning all.
Those who are sure to an extend of what they said, mentioned the companies names.
If any insurance company do well, no come say na this one I been talk about grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2021
your post will be consigned in the ocean of forgetfulness if you fail refuse and or neglect to mention the 2 insurance companies

Chibuking81:

1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,

Good morning all.

grin

your post will be consigned in the ocean of forgetfulness if you fail refuse and or neglect to mention the 2 insurance companies

Chibuking81:

1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,

Good morning all.

grin

Chibuking81:

1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,

Good morning all.

grin

Chibuking81:

1. Oct-Dec 1 kobo EPs,

Good morning all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 7:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Mcy56:
UCAP getting more than enough bashing....
Mr. Market doing it's things .......or what can we say it's this one's offence now?

Ucap trading higher above Afriprud, can we say it needs some adjustments ni......lol. dont.mind me. smiley

Just like what @robobo said earlier, the fixed income space (TB & Bonds) is becoming more attractive. Funds will start moving from the equity market to these safer investments vehicles to preserve capital.

People should begin to make informed decision. They can either

Book profit on any equity they have (Cash is King).
Average down when the dip ends if they're long termers.
Cut their losses if they're not not long termers.

This is not a buyers market yet. The dip just started. No need for panic selling. This just one of the normal cycle we have entered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yazga: 9:24am On Mar 04, 2021
nna777:

Just like what @robobo said earlier, the fixed income space (TB & Bonds) is becoming more attractive. Funds will start moving from the equity market to these safer investments vehicles to preserve capital.

People should begin to make informed decision. They can either

Book profit on any equity they have (Cash is King).
Average down when the dip ends if they're long termers.
Cut their losses if they're not not long termers.

This is not a buyers market yet. The dip just started. No need for panic selling. This just one of the normal cycle we have entered.
And proabaly will edn in April supposedly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) ... (7732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: W0t0w0toman, Deadlytruth(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.