Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10850545 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
immanuello:
Yeah I agreed with you that both don't fall anyhow especially custodian but i still prefer custodian to afriprudential at #3.67 downward but most loved buying point is #3.35/#3.45 for me o.Well for transcorp d play is to buy at possibly next new low or #2.20.Sir afolabi,what is ur insight on ubcap that dropped to #1.32 today,inspite of poor eps of 8kobo at third quarter, 2014.do you think this stock can get lower than d new low it had on monday (#1.27).

their Q3 2014 eps was 28k not 8k!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
bigjay01:

u r right sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
bigjay01:

pardon my ignorance on that.So what is d expectating percentage the coy will pay this year end 2014.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Do anybody know anything about Rtbriscoe?pls give me more info as pertaining to its financial predisposition ala current fundamental position. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
immanuello:
pardon my ignorance on that.So what is d expectating percentage the coy will pay this year end 2014.

last year they paid 55% i think

assuming they repeat same dis year even with only Q3 eps will be expecting atlease 15k

base on dis ubcap not bad @ 2day's closing price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
natruetalk:

assuming they repeat same dis year even with only Q3 eps will be expecting atlease 15k

OK got Athens frm it,thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
natruetalk:

OK got sth frm it,thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
immanuello:
also see custodian@3.67,then,u desire to buy sir !
@dunio1,thank your star! u need to keep urself abreast of happenings on d bourse and in nigerian coys cycle.
I sure do. I'm thoroughly embarassed, and thankful though lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olajide8(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
Afo1k:
Those two don't really fall anyhow. custodian back to 3.90 but I still prefer afriprud to custodian and I will buy more below 2.50k. What is your new entry price for Transcorp? got few units of aiico today @0.71,what's ur take on dat?.Remember to pay ur tithe on dat nem loot and ve a nice weekend

People which market are you trading? NSE or Nairobi stock exchange Afripud opened at 2.78 and fluctuated between 2.66 -2.80 why would you even buy a afripud when all the indices are point south* have you forgotten they are holding funds or mutual funds and trading in the same market for profit all the selling pips of 2.58 were only up for a few minutes and not even up to hours to where the market could trade volumes only 5.9m plus could be traded* and it was only driven up because of the technical analysis of the stock* - what's happening here people*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
olajide8:

People which market are you trading? NSE or Nairobi stock exchange Afripud opened at 2.78 and fluctuated between 2.66 -2.80 why would you even buy a afripud when all the indices are point south* have you forgotten they are holding funds or mutual funds and trading in the same market for profit all the selling pips of 2.58 were only up for a few minutes and not even up to hours to where the market could trade volumes only 5.9m plus could be traded* and it was only driven up because of the technical analysis of the stock* - what's happening here people*

Very valid point made there !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
Here is my novice question: wat does the acronym "JIJO" stands for ? I understand its kinda of a short time trading for profit, but I dnt know wat d acronym mean.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
jauntty:
Here is my novice question: wat does the acronym "JIJO" stands for ? I understand its kinda of a short time trading for profit, but I dnt know wat d acronym mean.

Jump in, jump out.

For sharp traders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by profitbank: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Forex Tournament ! Can Every One Make Profit In This Profitable Tournament 2015 by profitbank
FOREX TOURNAMENT ! THIS TIME A PROFITABLE TOURNAMENT!
Get ready to tour in and out of Forex with me and am promising all new and losing traders that we are making this year in Forex market no case , just a little more time for every thing to be in other.
keep sending in your phone number via giftedbank@yahoo.com to join our group when is finally setup .please reflect on this question
do you believe everybody can make profit in Forex market then who do you thing own the money we make from the market ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Youngzedd:

Jump in, jump out.

For sharp traders.
JIJO IS DANGEROUS. YOU MAY JUMP IN AND STAY PUT (JISP)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Youngzedd:

Jump in, jump out.

For sharp traders.
Thks Boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
bigass:

JIJO IS DANGEROUS. YOU MAY JUMP IN AND STAY PUT (JISP)
Thks Ma, am still learning frm ur guys. I tried dat with Transcorp: in @ 2.20, out @ 2.60, d thing sweet me small (my novice mind sha). That JISP sound like an 'trap'. I hope I don't get trapped wit some mundane stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
olajide8:

pump and dump?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
olajide8:

Did anyone buy or peddle outside ur range(2.66-2.80)? All the indices of Afriprud point south and we should expect a negative PAT abi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sokijosh: 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
Just want to appreciate myjoy08 for your stocks tips last year as it concern Oando . I must say i bought this share for #17 and it went up #33 and because of not learning the ropes i later sold at #16. But i must say i never knew there was a planting season and harvesting season however, am better now. This is THE TIME TO PLANT NOW. cash na wahala thanks a million
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olajide8(m): 6:19am On Feb 21, 2015
Afo1k:
Did anyone buy or peddle outside ur range(2.66-2.80)? All the indices of Afriprud point south and we should expect a negative PAT abi
Honestly speaking I may not know- reason being we didn't trade in it- but I know 5.9m was traded, the opening price was 2.66 - the Bollinger indicators show the price possibly dropped to 2.58 other then that, the market ended this week- using a weekly measurement in the positive* northward movement* as a result of the bandwagon effect of price movements, now to afripud* formal uba registrars- what is available to them for trading in a bearish market 'apart from the underwriting done for companies wanting to be quoted and listed'- is supposed to add to their bottomline but the market is or was generally bearish prior to last week- thirdly, only a few organisations, because of the lull in the capital market have either, done offers of ipo's now- looking at this, fact chunk funds are not available- but looking at unclaimed dividends they are holding, maybe yes they have that sitting idle* and possibly would trade with it- looking critically the percentage of unclaimed dividend is what we don't have figures of* so which leaves us with only 2 indicators their audited accounts or Quarterly reports and speculative buying* that maybe something would cause there value to gain (or bandwagon effect).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/geometric-power-diamond-banks-cor-to-hit-5-1-in-2015/202080/

Expecting a much lower profit frm diamond because of a possible write-off, this will jeopardize d possibility of dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 21, 2015
olajide8:

Honestly speaking I may not know- reason being we didn't trade in it- but I know 5.9m was traded, the opening price was 2.66 - the Bollinger indicators show the price possibly dropped to 2.58 other then that, the market ended this week- using a weekly measurement in the positive* northward movement* as a result of the bandwagon effect of price movements, now to afripud* formal uba securities- now what is available to them is for trading in a bearish market apart from the underwriting done for companies wanting to be quoted and listed- this is supposed to add to their bottomline but the market is was generally bearish- thirdly, only a few organisations because of the lull in the capital market have either, done offers of ipo's now looking at this, chunk funds are not available- but looking at unclaimed dividends they are holding, maybe yes they have that sitting idle* the percentage of unclaimed dividend is what we don't have figures of* so which leaves us with only 2 indicators their audited accounts or Q1 reports and speculative buying* that maybe something would cause they value to gain (or bandwagon effect).

Bro, it seems you got it mixed up here. Afriprud is different from UBAcap. Afriprud is former UBA registrars while Ubacap comprises other coys spurn off UBA plc ( stock broking,insurance, asset mgt etc).
I am also of the opinion that UBAcap especially, would not have had much business to do in 2014 because of the down-turn in the market (as far as share underwriting, stock broking is concerned).
Actually, I have no intentions of trading or investing in either of them for now after selling off heritage holdings grin This is the stock market and regardless of these facts, investor sentiments towards these stocks can actually get an astute trader is tasere gains. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2015
olajide8:

Honestly speaking I may not know- reason being we didn't trade in it- but I know 5.9m was traded, the opening price was 2.66 - the Bollinger indicators show the price possibly dropped to 2.58 other then that, the market ended this week- using a weekly measurement in the positive* northward movement* as a result of the bandwagon effect of price movements, now to afripud* formal uba securities- now what is available to them is for trading in a bearish market apart from the underwriting done for companies wanting to be quoted and listed- this is supposed to add to their bottomline but the market is was generally bearish- thirdly, only a few organisations because of the lull in the capital market have either, done offers of ipo's now looking at this, chunk funds are not available- but looking at unclaimed dividends they are holding, maybe yes they have that sitting idle* the percentage of unclaimed dividend is what we don't have figures of* so which leaves us with only 2 indicators their audited accounts or Q1 reports and speculative buying* that maybe something would cause they value to gain (or bandwagon effect).
Wait i have refused to trade on afriprudential because i am skeptical of a positive year end result becos of d state of the market and this same thought is what i have on ubcap as well.Infact i want to think ubcap will be more hit negatively based on d performance of d market. So what do you have to say sir on this!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 8:54am On Feb 21, 2015
olajide8:

Wait i have refused to trade on afriprudential because i am skeptical of a positive year end result becos of d state of the market and this same thought is what i have on ubcap as well.Infact i want to think ubcap will be more hit negatively based on d performance of d market. So what do you have to say sir on this!
well infact,afriprudential may still possibly bring sth to d table but how do ubcap survive this with 3rd quarter eps of 28kobo and possibility of nothing to add in this fourth quarter to the 3rd quarter eps of 28kobo or even that 28kobo maybe reduced by year end result. So i dont think a good dividend can be paid this time around but i honestly believed that dividend that can be paid by ubcap will not be more than 10kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olajide8(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2015
kotlass:

Bro, it seems you got it mixed up here. Afriprud is different from UBAcap. Afriprud is former UBA registrars while Ubacap comprises other coys spurn off UBA plc ( stock broking,insurance, asset mgt etc).
I am also of the opinion that UBAcap especially, would not have had much business to do in 2014 because of the down-turn in the market (as far as share underwriting, stock broking is concerned).
Actually, I have no intentions of trading or investing in either of them for now after selling off heritage holdings grin This is the stock market and regardless of these facts, investor sentiments towards these stocks can actually get an astute trader is tasere gains. cheesy

Uba Registrars (afripud) is different from uba capital- in my own terms, I haven't seen anything unique or policy, they are taking on that would produce consistent income, or something different from what they have been doing- now for them to continue to do business profitably they decided to go Public and changed their name* honestly speaking the market cannot be judged by their previous records for so many reason* the MPR foreign direct investors funds paucity - the social-political environment is the major driving force*
If afripud can do N2.55 thou I haven't done the forecast trend at this very moment and the weighted average to determine where they are, 28k is a good offer because it equals 1/5 the value of the stock, at N2.55- but how soon can you get out of it, before it crashes further I don't foresee them climbing because of the political state of the country* after the elections in fact I see them dropping or loosing more- I doubt if UBAcap would give dividends possibly they may give right issues because of the paucity of funds - they need to retain all cash earnings - so a prudent manager will retain their earnings and raise more funds in this challenging economy. Ubacap - If they do 0.10k they may decide to give this amount and then turn around and do rights issues-
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olajide8(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2015
^to add to it market makers are not forcing prices- elections goosh!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dangotecementplc(f): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Buy Dangote cement at a cheap and affordable price of
#1000 per bag, and also buy Dangote rice at #6000 per bag,
call the Head of Sales Manager on 0092348034147532 or
+2348034147532 for more information/negotiations on
purchase and delivery....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmm i guess there are still some uncertain realities about the poll to be held on March 28 with all sorts of twist everywhere which is importantly needed to be factored in,in guiding our investment decisions here.Either one likes it or not, one should take these twists objectively not by partisanship mindset because you like one party to the other party and therefore anything said against your supported political side is an attack on you and henceforth you resorts to use of foul-languages.The above has some unrefutable truth no doubt and even the below confirmed that the Nigerian army has some compromises and tricks to possibly come out by a week to election to push for election postponement by hiding under a pretext of excuses through insecurity situation in the northeastern part of the country because if not, how will the army be saying that,its march end or a week to election that the boko will be combed completely and you and all know that its impossible for the destrenghened nigerian army couldn't achieved that because of alots of issues on their welfare, failure to provide them with needed weapons. And the boko the fg said she would fight, were the one dropping pamphlet thru helicopter to tell people not to try to come out and vote.Finally,i think this govt shouldn't to play a laurent gbagbo scene with our growing democracy and mulitdiversed citizens of this great country.Inspite of calmness and improvement in world economies, the uncertain political variables has mired our economic prospect as a nation and investment haven. Now with consistent sliding of our currency which is now at #222.15 to a $1,we may soon see this naira worse off to #300 soonest and if this election is subverted or Nigeria go up in flame then naira will just get to #400 surpisingly. I have always go with anything said objectively by bismarck rewane, when he said naira will be devalued and her devaluation was inevitable then that egotistical ungifted emefiele was telling us to calm down though he kept emphasizing naira will trade at its right value, yes naira did trade at its right level and that devaluation was done in a coded manner while doing so by scrapping the unworkable RDA.So by March 21,2015 we will be hoping to see another shock by this govt.

https://www.nairaland.com/2159004/real-battle-dislodge-boko-haram

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/19/jonathan-military-chiefs-working-still-scuttle-elections
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
dangotecementplc:
Buy Dangote cement at a cheap and affordable price of
#1000 per bag, and also buy Dangote rice at #6000 per bag,
call the Head of Sales Manager on 0092348034147532 or
+2348034147532 for more information/negotiations on
purchase and delivery....
Pls this place is very inappropriate for you to be doing this here.Open a new thread for this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Getting ready for JIJO.

Two weeks before the election, coming back immediately after election.

My ears are filled with tori.

This bull will not last more than next week. (Opinion).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lancee(m), walexProjects(m), Zagee and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.