Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10849742 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6391) (6392) (6393) (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
yMcy56:

All well and good.
In as much as the manipulation or whatever is making the minority shareholders laugh, it's fine and good. smiley
Let him sha move the share price to N100 first..... grin

It will happen very soon, when insiders and the core investor in their holdings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It will happen very soon, when insiders and the core investor in their holdings

Or when the company start a share buy back programme
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Or when the company start a share buy back programme
Is there a possibility of share back back here too?
That will send up the share price of BUA.........will just be like total take over or something.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
yMcy56:

Is there a possibility of share back back here too?
That will send up the share price of BUA.........will just be like total take over or something.

At least it will drive up the price for the benefits of retail investors and then the company will go private.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
You do a share buy back if you think the shares of your company are too cheap in the market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
At least it will drive up the price for the benefits of retail investors and then the company will go private.
Yes. He did same when he equates CCNN to BUA on ratio 1:1......retailers benefitted a lot........
Let him keep it coming this time around........ we'll be on the lookout for the timing, God willing. grin
Thanks sir for the info.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2021
Veritas full bid at .24

Kudos OGG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
yMcy56:

Polaris Bank
Morgan Capital Securities

God bless you, ... transaction is done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
UP FCMB, UP ZENITH!
Seems Zenith has hired FCMB Market Maker on contract basis.....
the defence so far is commendable..... lol. Don't mind me o. grin

One hitchy finger dragged down Regal share price at the last minute!
Whosoever is fear-fear, should stay off penny stocks and stop spoiling things abeg. tongue

DANGSUGAR: Touched 17.95.......but no 100k block to move the price yet .......

Chi Plc, Regal doing well so far ........
STI........too much overhead.......once the mountain @30k becomes plain, we may be seeing slow and steady upside........lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
MOST of us here will smile next week.
Just maintain the stinginess.
It's coming small small.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
veecovee:

God bless you, ... transaction is done.

Your purchase transactions came at the right time.
The holy spirit revealed to you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Don't be deceived it is not a profitable venture.

From Tantalizer to Big Treat to Chicken republic. UAC Restaurant owners of Mr Biggs is making losses for UACN

Quite the contrary - the economics of their business is turning in their favor. They are mostly owned by a prestigious private equity firm that is driving operational efficiency. They lost money the last 5 years in order to pursue growth and it is paying off as they are the fastest growing chicken brand in west africa and are on track to have over 500 stores by 2023. They did over N13bn in revenue in 2019 and turned a profit of over N3bn. They are expanding their franchising so they will essentially be entering the property development business - a model that has worked very well for companies like McDonalds. The business is very sound.

In terms of valuation, because they are owned by a PE firm I would probably have to do a DCF analysis with a 5 year EBITDA exit to get a better sense but as of right now the shares trade for less than 3x earnings which is cheap by most standards. My view is that it is a good long term play for capital appreciation not dividend payment

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
yMcy56:
UP FCMB, UP ZENITH!
Seems Zenith has hired FCMB Market Maker on contract.....
the defence so far is commendable..... lol. Don't mind me o. grin

One hitchy finger dragged down Regal share price at the last minute!
Whosoever is fear-fear, should stay off penny stocks and stop spoiling things abeg. tongue

I wanted to point veritas to you when there was heavy crossings at 20kobo.
You and insurance are now soulmates.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
locodemy:
I wanted to point veritas to you when there was heavy crossings at 20kobo.
You and insurance are now soulmates.
Saw it too.....
Closed on full bid @24k today.......let's see how far it goes........

I expect these coys to start communicating their recap plans to us soon........
International Energy IEI) made an announcement already...... to be bought over/to be sold....
I'm their rep on Nsempa. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
yMcy56:

Saw it too.....
Closed on full bid @24k today.......let's see how far it goes........

I expect these coys to start communicating their recap plans to us soon.....
I'm their rep on Nsempa. grin

Most stocks have completed half year consolidations and some ongoing......
Some stocks will go far once they breakout.
There will be sharp rise in this June/July.
This is the time oracle is needed.
Oracle pls come and confirm ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
-Oil breakout
-Gold breakout
-stocks breakout
-All charts are pointing to breakout.

Will insecurity allow Nigeria(united Africans Republic) to participate in this upcoming rally?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
erwinschro:

Quite the contrary - the economics of their business is turning in their favor. They are mostly owned by a prestigious private equity firm that is driving operational efficiency. They lost money the last 5 years in order to pursue growth and it is paying off as they are the fastest growing chicken brand in west africa and are on track to have over 500 stores by 2023. They did over N13bn in revenue in 2019 and turned a profit of over N3bn. They are expanding their franchising so they will essentially be entering the property development business - a model that has worked very well for companies like McDonalds. The business is very sound.

In terms of valuation, because they are owned by a PE firm I would probably have to do a DCF analysis with a 5 year EBITDA exit to get a better sense but as of right now the shares trade for less than 3x earnings which is cheap by most standards. My view is that it is a good long term play for capital appreciation not dividend payment
Its a no go area except i have quality insider info especially if management has it in mind to pay dividends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
erwinschro:

It has been a very looong year of drought for the shareholders of the company on NASD, same Mixta Real Estate eventhough they appear to be doing well and they have PE investors in both companies. There shareholders have not received dividends and capital appreciation for many years

If you are an insider and you privilege information about the business, I wish you the very best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
customstreet:
Hello Dear, that place is a no go area for u. Please don't to there.

quote author=customstreet post=102355411]
Why do you say so?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It has been a very looong year of drought for the shareholders of the company on NASD, same Mixta Real Estate eventhough they appear to be doing well and they have PE investors in both companies. There shareholders have not received dividends and capital appreciation for many years

If you are an insider and you privilege information about the business, I wish you the very best.

I am not an insider but merely have experience in finance. From my understanding NASD is not a very liquid exchange so mispricing of securities is far more common. With PE firms, they will eventually look for an exit to actualize the true value within 7-10 years of their investment either through a secondary sale or strategic acquisition.

I don't wish to convince anyone to invest, just explaining my views and seeing if there are any issues in my thought process. The way I see it, if I can buy a part of the company for far less than its actually worth with a good margin of safety, it should be a very profitable investment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Happy weekend to you guys.
Will be traveling and to join you again next week.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
erwinschro:

I am not an insider but merely have experience in finance. From my understanding NASD is not a very liquid exchange so mispricing of securities is far more common. With PE firms, they will eventually look for an exit to actualize the true value within 7-10 years of their investment either through a secondary sale or strategic acquisition.

I don't wish to convince anyone to invest, just explaining my views and seeing if there are any issues in my thought process. The way I see it, if I can buy a part of the company for far less than its actually worth with a good margin of safety, it should be a very profitable investment

I believe you mean well but one thing about stuffs in Nigeria is that they usually look good on paper till one enters and see that Khaki no be leather, at times its better to follow the wisdom of the crowd and touch this glittering opportunities from a distance....... Many on this forum have been dealt heavy blows by many private equity firms, different investment vehicles have been brought forward and many did not see the light of day instead many ended up sinking investors fund

why not channel your energy to NSE that has been tried and tested, personally i only deal with NASD companies through DEBT instruments as that is the only channel that the law insists they must pay back else liquidation, Equity is a different ball game, Equity is majorly a promisory note, Many companies even on the NSE pay dividends as that is a major means for them to convice investors to price their bonds cheaply else they will behave like NASD companies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
I got this email from Africa Prudentials as a reply to the online e-dividend mandate form i filled on their website.
What is this transfer form and its function and is it necessary for me to get it for me to receive dividends into my bank account?
Also hope it is not a shares transfer form as i do not intend to transfer my shares to anybody.
I would be grateful if someone can help me out with this.

Dear <myname>
Thank you for your patience thus far.
Kindly be informed that we have begun the processing of your mandate.
Please note that mandate will be effected before the close of business, next week Wednesday.

** Kindly be informed that we do not have your specimen signature in our record to verify authenticity of the request. Please inform your stockbroker to process your transfer form through CSCS.

Warm regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Wapgod:
I got this email from Africa Prudentials as a reply to the online e-dividend mandate form i filled on their website.
What is this transfer form and its function and is it necessary for me to get it for me to receive dividends into my bank account?
Also hope it is not a shares transfer form as i do not intend to transfer my shares to anybody.
I would be grateful if someone can help me out with this.

Dear <myname>
Thank you for your patience thus far.
Kindly be informed that we have begun the processing of your mandate.
Please note that mandate will be effected before the close of business, next week Wednesday.

** Kindly be informed that we do not have your specimen signature in our record to verify authenticity of the request. Please inform your stockbroker to process your transfer form through CSCS.

Warm regards.

Just do as they told you. Inform your stockbroker and sign your signature in the form, which your stockbroker will submit to cscs for onward transmission to your registrar.

Fear not.....it's the requirement which all of us have done long time ago to get our dividends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 9:08am On Jun 05, 2021
Do anybody know the registrar of Ecobank(ETI)?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
Wapgod:
Do anybody know the registrar of Ecobank(ETI)?

GTL Registrars
274 Murtala Muhammed Way,Yaba. Lagos

Enquiries: customercare@gtlregistrars.com

Escalations: complaints@gtlregistrars.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
guys which shares are good for dividend payments and also which shares are good to hold long term ...i already have dangote cement in my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
Naira has been devalued. Last I checked inflation was pushing 18%

This should mean that any investment move that returns less than 19% annually is at a loss now.

Abeg financial analysts pls educate us

I only used %0.2 to buy GTB
Let me invest before I loose 18% money value this year undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SweetVibe: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
locodemy:

Ejooo sir.....kpele sir......I am sorry sir
Una go kill person with laugh for this forum one day

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
SweetVibe:

Una go kill person with laugh for this forum one day

Yeye leave story for tortoise undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:30am On Jun 06, 2021
erwinschro:

Colours are used to categorize companies on NASD, based on corporate governance, steady returns on investment, information about the companies.

Blue for the best companies

Pink for those who are just their

Red for companies with poor corporate governance, poor or no return on investment, poor information about the companies.

The companies in the blue category are

Friesland wamco

Niger Delta Exploration and Production

Afriland Properties

CSCS

UBN Properties Development Company.

The remaining are either in pink or red categories. In fact most are in red category

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6391) (6392) (6393) (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dapix, Adinije(f), kaykehin, Willie2015 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.