Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885569 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6392) (6393) (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36am On Jun 06, 2021
maishai:

I believe you mean well but one thing about stuffs in Nigeria is that they usually look good on paper till one enters and see that Khaki no be leather, at times its better to follow the wisdom of the crowd and touch this glittering opportunities from a distance....... Many on this forum have been dealt heavy blows by many private equity firms, different investment vehicles have been brought forward and many did not see the light of day instead many ended up sinking investors fund

why not channel your energy to NSE that has been tried and tested, personally i only deal with NASD companies through DEBT instruments as that is the only channel that the law insists they must pay back else liquidation, Equity is a different ball game, Equity is majorly a promisory note, Many companies even on the NSE pay dividends as that is a major means for them to convice investors to price their bonds cheaply else they will behave like NASD companies

Some companies on NASD are better than some companies on NSE ooo.

Friesland wamco has been paying out a total dividend of almost N10 billion for the past 4 years.

CSCS increased in price from N5 to N16, dividend doubled in the last 5 years.

Niger Delta Exploration and Production increased from N100 to over N300 per share.

Afriland Properties is the landlord of United Capital and other corporate tenants, it has been consistent with dividend payments for years. Same with UBN Property Development Company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Some companies on NASD are better than some companies on NSE ooo.

Friesland wamco has been paying out a total dividend of almost N10 billion for the past 4 years.

CSCS increased in price from N5 to N16, dividend doubled in the last 5 years.

Niger Delta Exploration and Production increased from N100 to over N300 per share.

Afriland Properties is the landlord of United Capital and other corporate tenants, it has been consistent with dividend payments for years. Same with UBN Property Development Company

Thanks for this. Any info on the current yields?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

Thanks for this. Any info on the current yields?

They are currently overpriced.Friesland wamco at N135 paid total dividend of N10 dividend payout of 90%. Friesland makers of Peak milk is facing competition from cheaper brands.

CSCS at N16 paid dividend of N1.10 dividend payout ratio of 80%. CSCS is sitting on a huge cash, I think the company made about N6 billion as coupons and interest on their bonds and other Investments. Work force is low at N100.

Niger Delta Exploration and Production at about N320 paid dividend of N11, with a dividend payout ratio of 30%.

I was able to get few units of NGX shares at N16 about 2 months ago, currently at over N20. I see the company generating more money as more Nigerians start investing in the stock market, more Jijoist continue to buy and sell shares, more companies are fined for late submission of corporate results.
NGX owns about 20% shares of CSCS. NGX is also a shareholder of NASD and FMDQ the biggest and most active exchange in Nigeria. Daily transaction on FMDQ is over N500 billion

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
What's the purpose of FMDQ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They are currently overpriced.Friesland wamco at N135 paid total dividend of N10 dividend payout of 90%. Friesland makers of Peak milk is facing competition from cheaper brands.

CSCS at N16 paid dividend of N1.10 dividend payout ratio of 80%. CSCS is sitting on a huge cash, I think the company made about N6 billion as coupons and interest on their bonds and other Investments. Work force is low at N100.

Niger Delta Exploration and Production at about N320 paid dividend of N11, with a dividend payout ratio of 30%.

I was able to get few units of NGX shares at N16 about 2 months ago, currently at over N20. I see the company generating more money as more Nigerians start investing in the stock market, more Jijoist continue to buy and sell shares, more companies are fined for late submission of corporate results.
NGX owns about 20% shares of CSCS. NGX is also a shareholder of NASD and FMDQ the biggest and most active exchange in Nigeria. Daily transaction on FMDQ is over N500 billion

Thanks for the color, Sir. Much appreciated.

I was under the impression that NGX would list soon, correct?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

Thanks for the color, Sir. Much appreciated.

I was under the impression that NGX would list soon, correct?

NGX is available on NASD platform with a total shares of about 2 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
Christmas shopping is coming early in NSE. Get your cash ready grin grin grin

Bargain hunters, get ready!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lovinwa: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
Good evening all, i want to open an account with Morgan. Will i be able to sell the stock I bought with United Capital on Morgan's platform if I use the same CHN. I'm really tired of UCAP, I've been unable to have access to their online trading for more than one month. I have a couple of shares there which I want to move to Morgan, is this possible?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2021
Godisfaithful:
Christmas shopping is coming early in NSE. Get your cash ready grin grin ;DBargain hunters, get ready!
This Christmas has been coming since February when there was "fire in katanga " according to a brother here. In my view no one can truly time this market. Just buy in tranches.

I don't see any sudden drop in the market any time soon. A good 2nd and 3rd quarter results will inflate the market further.

On a neutral note, insider sources tells me Zenith is poise to surpass last year results. This is Probably why its been resisting a drop.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
This week, we talk about the role company management plays in our decision about which company to buy into...

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/ajibola-oladele-awolowo/episodes/Evaluating-Company-Management-e128v6f

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
Lovinwa:
Good evening all, i want to open an account with Morgan. Will i be able to sell the stock I bought with United Capital on Morgan's platform if I use the same CHN. I'm really tired of UCAP, I've been unable to have access to their online trading for more than one month. I have a couple of shares there which I want to move to Morgan, is this possible?

...most times, is not easy to move shares from one broker to another.

Just start buying more stocks from your preferred broker and get your shares edividend mandate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
Tvegas:
This Christmas has been coming since February when there was "fire in katanga " according to a brother here. In my view no one can truly time this market. Just buy in tranches.

I don't see any sudden drop in the market any time soon. A good 2nd and 3rd quarter results will inflate the market further.

On a neutral note, insider sources tells me Zenith is poise to surpass last year results. This is Probably why its been resisting a drop.

Very likely Zenith will do better than last year.

Investors are wiser now.

.....will keep hoping for a little drop in price soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 2:34am On Jun 07, 2021
Godisfaithful:
Christmas shopping is coming early in NSE. Get your cash ready grin grin grin

Bargain hunters, get ready!

Cutlass is sharp. Just give us one week notice and then it’s point and ... undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2021
What brokerage do you guys use here? Which do you think is the best in terms of execution and which has the lowest fees?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emndy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
erwinschro:
What brokerage do you guys use here? Which do you think is the best in terms of execution and which has the lowest fees?

I find a fair balance with "Morgan Capital" - execution is immediate & fees are low.

*my opinion*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by faoogoke(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Thanks for the information. I didn't know NGX had shares in FMDQ and NASD. I brought quite a few too last month. Still hoping to get more.
It should be good on medium and long term.

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
erwinschro:

Meristem**

Super fast execution and excellent customer service.

Fees high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
Since last week Wednesday GTB has been stuck on 28.40 naira but the difference was Access and Zenith weren’t falling also

Is something going on here

We wait for the analysts and awon e ku market and killing with laughter etc people undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
moneymanager:
Since last week Wednesday GTB has been stuck on 28.40 naira but the difference was Access and Zenith weren’t falling also

We wait for the analysts and awon e ku market and killing with laughter etc people undecided

Consolidation ongoing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
Guys, i need your help.
Is the stockbroker SECURITIES AND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMAPANY LIMITED formerly FOUNTAIN SECURITIES LIMITED still in operation?
I have some shares with them bought years back that i want to recover.
I performed a google search on the stock broker and couldn't find them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Well done Sir for your selfless openness and info sharing alongside others peeps

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Sir, How do one buy from NASD platform? Since one can't directly buy Over the Counter(OTC) like in NGX NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
moneymanager:

Market has a longer staying capacity than your patience. Me and market dey look each for face

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
Agbalowomeri:

Market has a longer staying capacity than your patience. Me and market dey look each for face

Reason why steady cash flow is necessary if you want to enjoy this business, yields in the bond market are currently going up at over 13%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Reason why steady cash flow is necessary if you want to enjoy this business, yields in the bond market are currently going up at over 13%

Patience is not a problem, else I would’ve jumped in since January.

Neither is steady flow
I just don’t want to be the one left holding the bag. Also highly skeptical about the buy intrenches approach

Been reading nairametrics articles and their articles are suggestive that the reason bond and fix deposits were brought so low was to in a way convince insurance fund managers to get into the market

Now that returns are going back up in the bonds space wouldn’t it be right to be skeptical

I have faith in the market just ... undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
moneymanager:

Neither is steady flow
I just don’t want to be the one left holding the bag. Also highly skeptical about the buy intrenches approach

Been reading nairametrics articles and their articles are suggestive that the reason bond and fix deposits were brought so low was to in a way convince insurance fund managers to get into the market

Now that returns are going back up in the bonds space wouldn’t it be right to be skeptical

Patience and cash flow are very important in this business.

Stocks make you rich, steady cash flow ( from good dividend stocks, fixed income fund, Investment properties, business) will keep you rich while patiently waiting for stocks to rebound. If not you will sell your holdings at a loss and the stock will start appreciating immediately after you have sold.

Apart from stock Investments, we need to do more research on personal finance and the importance of having a balanced portfolio

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
moneymanager:

Neither is steady flow

Actually, I think fixed income rates were brought so low to stimulate the economy out of recession. Also the debt management office needed to bring down the government's cost of borrowing. Interest in the equities market is merely a side effect of this CBN policy. I do think you are right to be skeptical as rates begin to climb back up. If Insurance companies and pension funds can get 10% or above risk free in short term government securities, they will surely rebalance their portfolios away from equities

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
erwinschro:

Actually, I think fixed income rates were brought so low to stimulate the economy out of recession. Also the debt management office needed to bring down the government's cost of borrowing. Interest in the equities market is merely a side effect of this CBN policy. I do think you are right to be skeptical as rates begin to climb back up. If Insurance companies and pension funds can get 10% or above risk free in short term government securities, they will surely rebalance their portfolios away from equities

I don't think pension fund managers have up to 10% of their funds in equities.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Truth234(m): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Conoil Grows Profit by 63 Percent in Q1 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/03/conoil-grows-profit-by-63-percent-in-q1-2021/

Shares of Conoil Gains 10 Percent on Monday Following a Strong Q1 2021 Results

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/shares-of-conoil-gains-10-percent-on-monday-following-a-strong-q1-2021-results/

Equities Market Extends Bearish Trend on Monday

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/equities-market-extends-bearish-trend-on-monday/

Ecobank to Raise US$300 Million Through Fixed Rate Reset Tier 2 Sustainability Notes

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/ecobank-to-raise-us300-million-through-fixed-rate-reset-tier-2-sustainability-notes/

Okomu Oil Estimates N1.017 Billion Profit for Q3 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/okomu-oil-estimates-n1-017-billion-profit-for-q3-2021/

AXA Mansard Insurance Predicts N4.4 Billion Profit for Q3 2021

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/axa-mansard-insurance-predicts-n4-4-billion-profit-for-q3-2021/

CBN Increases Forex Allocation to Banks To Meet Customers Request

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/cbn-increases-forex-allocation-to-banks-to-meet-customers-request/

Anonymous Goes After Elon Musk, Blamed the Billionaire for Bitcoin Woes

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/anonymous-goes-after-elon-musk-blamed-the-billionaire-for-bitcoin-woes/

DubaiCoin Phishing Scam Illustrates CBDCs are Future of Finance

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/dubaicoin-phishing-scam-illustrates-cbdcs-are-future-of-finance/

Oil Eases as Investors Await Iran Nuclear Talks this Week

https://investorsking.com/2021/06/07/oil-eases-as-investors-await-iran-nuclear-talks-this-week/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I don't think pension fund managers have up to 10% of their funds in equities.
Yes its a small percentage of their AUM but 500 billion is huge in a market of only 20tn. I understand that stanbic is the biggest by fair so other managers will have far smaller amounts, but the total investment in equities by pension funds is somewhere between 1-2 trillion naira, not including insurance companies. I think any percentage change in their allocation to equities will probably be felt by the market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:57am On Jun 08, 2021
chimex38:

Sir, How do one buy from NASD platform? Since knew can't directly buy Over the Counter(OTC) like in NGX NSE.

OTC actually means the opposite of what you portray it here to mean, and yea, that's how you buy shares from NASD.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lovelygbems: 4:21am On Jun 08, 2021
5% on our Fixed deposit.......

AIICO.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6392) (6393) (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Desanta(m), UncleBone, delvzy(m), Prolificlife(f), Agbalowomeri and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.