Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10839668 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) (6454) (6455) ... (7739) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
Selling a very insignificant portion of the holding, to meet sec/nse free float requirements. Nothing to worry about, the owning family are too invested in the business to sell off especially this cheap.

Bbbwings:
majority shareholder in caverton has been offloading for two weeks now
about 7 million units

i beg who get news
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Caverton only problem is the rising FX risk, as most of their debt are in dollars and most
expenses are factored in dollars too, such as cost of maintenance and spare parts, pilot salaries etc

Flash360:
Selling a very insignificant portion of the holding, to meet sec/nse free float requirements. Nothing to worry about, the owning family are too invested in the business to sell off especially this cheap.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
samguru:
All the family members of FTN Cocoa Processor PLC

Below is the link to the details of the emergency family meeting held yesterday

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33978_FTN_COCOA_PROCESSORS_PLC%20EGM_RESOLUTION_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Flash360:

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2021
Who fit borrow me 30million wey dem no need urgently, make I use am load something for market for 1 month, payable with 10% interest. grin use me as the collateral.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:
Who fit borrow me 30million wey dem no need urgently, make I use am load something for market for 1 month, payable with 10% interest. grin use me as the collateral.

You think you are valuable? What is your value if you have to use yourself as collateral to borrow 30m?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:
Hush... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:

Talk to your account officer in the bank.

If you have highly liquid assets as collateral, United Capital will give you at 15% or thereabout
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Do you know the cost of donor organs. One kidney go clear the debt. Lol.

Anyways, just kidding o.

But on a serious note, I wonder if morgan capital offers margin lending. I know meristem offers it, last year they inform me about it, was interested but their interest and charges was quite high. Should have taken it though, when zenith was 10naira. I for don hammer

I
Seunn11:

You think you are valuable? What is your value if you have to use yourself as collateral to borrow 30m?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
grin
megawealth01:
Hush... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Abbasmh(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
FTN COCOA on its way to full bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2021
Abbasmh:
FTN COCOA on its way to full bid.

That stock go shock many..... Ups and down we go ride this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
ojeysky:

That stock go shock many..... Ups and down we go ride this
Yes. I dont know why I just believe that ftn cocoa will make me proud one day.

NB: Dont follow me o. I no know book o. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:
Do you know the cost of donor organs. One kidney go clear the debt. Lol.

Anyways, just kidding o.

But on a serious note, I wonder if morgan capital offers margin lending. I know meristem offers it, last year they inform me about it, was interested but their interest and charges was quite high. Should have taken it though, when zenith was 10naira. I for don hammer

I

Avoid margin loans ooooo, e get why. Get loans that your cash flow can easily liquidate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:

Ask that guy who bought 45m shares of Flour mill today. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
ok, make i whatsapp the guy. hehe
Raider76:

Ask that guy who bought 45m shares of Flour mill today. grin

abi o, no be lie..

emmanuelewumi:

Avoid margin loans ooooo, e get why. Get loans that your cash flow can easily liquidate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Unilever improves results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Flash360:

What's that thing you want to load o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
ojeysky:

What's that thing you want to load o

Universal insurance(kaya)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jayifeanyi1234: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening Mr Emmanuel. Can you please tell me why? Will appreciate it Sir.
Thanks

Avoid margin loans ooooo, e get why. Get loans that your cash flow can easily liquidate[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good evening Mr Emmanuel. Can you please tell me why? Will appreciate it Sir.
Thanks

With a margin loan, you don't have the cash flow to pay the loan. You are only praying for the share to appreciate, so that you can use the proceeds to pay back the loan.

You are expected to have the required margin cover, if your position is below the margin cover the financier can sell to shares at a loss to recover his fund or you push more funds into the account in order to have the required margin cover

A margin loan can wipe you off in minutes

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by road2ff: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
This is possibly the most plausible reason have gotten...
OBAGADAFFI:

I think the last KYC, was supposed to harmonize shareholders information between the Registrar, Brokers and CSCS.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Flash360: 4:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Better deal lying in plain sight. Not universal now
locodemy:

Universal insurance(kaya)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jayifeanyi1234: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
Wow!!! What an exposition. Thank you so much Sir. This is well appreciated.

My broker is making me an offer... I go jump am pass.

emmanuelewumi:

With a margin loan, you don't have the cash flow to pay the loan. You are only praying for the share to appreciate, so that you can use the proceeds to pay back the loan.

You are expected to have the required margin cover, if your position is below the margin cover the financier can sell to shares at a loss to recover his fund or you push more funds into the account in order to have the required margin cover

A margin loan can wipe you off in minutes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:44am On Aug 15, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Wow!!! What an exposition. Thank you so much Sir. This is well appreciated.

My broker is making me an offer... I go jump am pass.

What is the name of the Stockbrokers? Very few stockbroking firms have the resources to give a margin loan

95% of stockbroking firms are struggling financially
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2021
Why do they struggle despite the fees we pay and interest on utilized cash in their hands?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2021
otokx:
Why do they struggle despite the fees we pay and interest on utilized cash in their hands?

We have over 200 stockbroking firms in Nigeria.

Just 10 stockbroking firms control 65% of the value of transactions.

Very few of them can afford N1 billion and above to give as margin loans to their customers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Transcorp's deal should be announced today or Monday

We still await the Transcorp deal announcement.

Technically their share price is about to break out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
Flash360:
Better deal lying in plain sight. Not universal now

Which is the better deal?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
This week on Value Nigeria with Ajibola, we answer a question sent in by a listener - How and when should I sell my stocks?

The question is answered with a focus on Value investing...

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/ajibola-oladele-awolowo/episodes/Questions-From-Listeners-Series-How-and-when-should-I-sell-my-stocks-e15u8sa

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2021
Raider76:

Exellent question. It will be really interesting to know how they will mark down the price. May be they will set it at 20kobo, which seems to be the floor price for stocks. But remember it really doesn't matter for the shareholders. The price can go to zero. They have been paid.

Just checked the price of MEYER. It is indeed marked down to 20kobo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) (6454) (6455) ... (7739) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WizEndy1, 222Martins(m), UncleBone, SonofElElyonRet, egwue and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.