Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10888404 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6506) (6507) (6508) (6509) (6510) (6511) (6512) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
sterlingD:
NGXGROUP.......?
I think one of the things affecting this stock is lack of much info about them......

This is their first year. No track record or past history for analysts to base their judgements/analysis on.......and to know if their listing price or current price is a fair value/ fair reflection of the true state of the group.
In terms of past history, I mean as a Limited Liability Coy.

More clarity will keep surfacing as time goes on.......but I think this stock is a good one to keep eye on. It will most likely deliver.

Caveat: 100% my opinion. I may be wrong. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
Princkez:
I think yMcy56 is right, I remembered when I entered AP then @20+ and later sold @220....I will always follow him,Dangote and uncle T.

AP also dropped to N10 despite his manipulation and destroyed many investors. Only good thing now is that FBNH, unlike AP then, is under a strong regulator. So he can't sustain any price manipulation with earnings.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Stanbic q3 result is out. EPS fell by over 50%
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34317_STANBIC_IBTC__HOLDINGS_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
"Femi Otedola Becomes First Banks's Largest Shareholder, To Takeover - Investment - Nigeria" https://www.nairaland.com/6815019/femi-otedola-becomes-first-bankss

https://thestreetjournal.org/exclusive-femi-otedola-takes-over-first-bank-as-largest-shareholder-with-n30bn/

This could be the reason for the recent appreciation in price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Mpeace:
Stanbic q3 result is out. EPS fell by over 50%
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34317_STANBIC_IBTC__HOLDINGS_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf
@Mercy come and carry your stanbic IBTC comot for here,the result dey give us hearthache ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chimex388: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I have four Stockbroking accounts and I have my personal reasons.

Different strokes for different folks
Good day Sir, with reference to this your post, will it be advisable to get a new CSCS No and CHN when opening a second stockbroker account Or shld I still maintain my old Numbers(CSCS and CHN) in the new stockbrokers form?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2021
Chimex388:

Good day Sir, with reference to this your post, will it be advisable to get a new CSCS No and CHN when opening a second stockbroker account Or shld I still maintain my old Numbers(CSCS and CHN) in the new stockbrokers form?

It's advisable to maintain the old CHN but you will definitely have a new CSCS number. For any account you open in a particular firm, you will be given a new CSCS number it's only CHN that can be retained.

However, sometimes CSCS Plc disregard your request to retain a particular CHN. If that happens you can do a CHN merger thereafter and pick a particular CHN that all your account will be tied to irrespective of the stockbroking firm.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chimex388: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
emmasoft:

It's advisable to maintain the old CHN but you will definitely have a new CSCS number. For any account you open in a particular firm, you will be given a new CSCS number is only CHN that can be retained.

However, sometimes CSCS Plc disregard your request to retain a particular CHN. If that happens you can do a CHN merger thereafter and pick a particular CHN that all your account will be tied to irrespective of the stockbroking firm.
Thank you for ur clarity and prompt reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 12:47am On Oct 23, 2021
Fbnh dey Vex o: https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34323_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20STATEMENT_FROM_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_ON_IN.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:48am On Oct 23, 2021
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34323_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20STATEMENT_FROM_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_ON_IN.pdf

FBNH denies otedola take over. (For now sha until notified)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2021
LIVING TRUST MORTGAGE BANK

This is the 1st stock I was referring to yesterday.This stock has 5B outstanding shares but only 4m plus is free float.The majority investor of this firm cititrust Group is seriously turning this company around.This stock is currently at 73kobo and will trade above #2 in less than 24 months from now based on constant improved results.

See the my findings in my subsequent posts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2021
THE WORRIES

LivingTrust Mortgage Bank gets August 2023 deadline to increase shares held by public investors.
24 August 2021 Banking
LivingTrust Mortgage Bank has given update on its free float- which represents the portion of its shares in the hands of public investors as opposed to locked-in shares held by insiders or investors with controlling-interest.

In a recent notice signed by the company’s secretary, Timothy Gbadeyan, the mortgage bank revealed that it has secured a two-year grace period from the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX), valid till 20th of August 2023, to meet up with the statutory free-float requirements for listed companies.

The extension is to enable the firm meet up with the free float requirements of 20% issued and fully paid share capital or N20 billion free float market capitalization for companies listed on the NGX Main Board.

In a bid to address the free float deficiency, the firm also announced that its majority shareholders pledged to make available 750,000,000 ordinary shares of the company for trading to members of the public. In addition, the bank revealed that it will hold a ‘facts behind the figures session’ and an earnings call, among other activities to showcase the company’s performances during the grace period

In conclusion, it is pertinent to note that based on the provisions of Rule 3.1.4 of the Exchange’s Rules Governing Free Float Requirements for Listed Companies, NGX reserves the right to suspend trading in the company’s securities if it fails to achieve the required free float threshold within the extended period.

What you should know:

NGX had earlier given an extended timeframe to UACN Property Development Company Plc (UPDC Plc) and Prestige Assurance Plc to meet up with their free-float requirements.
LivingTrust Mortgage Bank closed trading today 24th of August, 2021 with a share price of 67 kobo per share.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2021
The constant improved results in recent time.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2021
The only issue in Living trust is liquidity.In the next 2 years the stock will be liquid if the free float is increased but before then the stock price will be extremely high.
If you have any means of investing in the company either direct or indirect holding, pls do.We move on.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Chimex388:

You are expected to have just one Clearing House Number

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2021
I am thinking that people should be very fast to reduce their holdings in Afriprud.From Monday, the market will do justice to the share price.

I will advice you replace Afriprud with Npf if you are convinced.

Npf like Pz will be on full bid on Monday while Afriprude will cause stampede at the window side.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2021
These stocks remain our best stock picks for now and weeks ahead

Pz
Mansard
Courteville
Access bank
Living Trust
Npf
Transcorp.

UBN with a reason under review.watch it closely.Upward move is imminent.

Happy weekend.May next week be fruitful to us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2021
Mpeace:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34323_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20STATEMENT_FROM_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_ON_IN.pdf
Usual and initial denial. tongue
The info leaked before FBNH notifies NSE and there's the need to deny it first in order to prevent sanction.

Also, boardroom politics is at play here. smiley

** Otudeko's faction brought in Adenuga and I suspected that the other faction of Adeduntans brought in Otedola.
** It could be that the other faction are planning to increase their shareholding as well, to oust Otedola, so they needed to discredit the report that Otedola now controls the largest shareholding.........so they can move in more.

** Let the billionaires make some more show of billions' display joor, we dey gbadun dem. grin
** Some more billionaires should also come on board as well. Coming days will be interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/6816433/unaware-otedolas-share-acquisitions-fbn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Mpeace:
.....and by the way, I don't think N30B worth of shares is enough to make him the highest shareholder yet.........
You know I mentioned yesterday that he needed to buy more.......it could be that he has attained 30B worth of shares and still counting......but the media is fast to announce that he now owns majority shares.

From what I read initially, if it's true, then hes still going to N80B or so.
All na still media news here and there.......truth will keep surfacing as time goes on.

Between, Fbnh will adopt the report once a notification is made and NSE is in turn notified.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/how-otedola-may-have-acquired-10-stake-in-fbnh/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brandspurng.com/2021/10/22/femi-otedola-becomes-single-largest-shareholder-of-first-bank/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chimex388: 11:39am On Oct 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are expected to have just one Clearing House Number
Thanks for feedback and confirmation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
yMcy56:

.....and by the way, I don't think N30B worth of shares is enough to make him the highest shareholder yet.........
You know I mentioned yesterday that he needed to buy more.......it could be that he has attained 30B worth of shares and still counting......but the media is fast to announce that he now owns majority shares.

All na still media news here and there.......truth will keep surfacing as time goes on.

Between, Fbnh will adopt the report once a notification is made and NSE is in turn notified.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/how-otedola-may-have-acquired-10-stake-in-fbnh/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brandspurng.com/2021/10/22/femi-otedola-becomes-single-largest-shareholder-of-first-bank/%3famp
Its possible he is the highest shareholder. The person with the highest shares before now had just above 500million shares. Otedola should have more than 3billion shares with his 30billion naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
yMcy56:

FBNH are only following the due process, until he is passed by all the regulatory bodies they won't declare him as the chairman of FBNH. The best they can do is to distance from them from the rumour.
A winner of an election can only be declare a winner but until he/she is sworn in, he won't be called with the title of the office

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
yMcy56:

Usual and initial denial. tongue
The info leaked before FBNH notifies NSE and there's the need to deny it first in order to prevent sanction.

Also, boardroom politics is at play here. smiley

** Otudeko's faction brought in Adenuga and I suspected that the other faction of Adeduntans brought in Otedola.
** It could be that the other faction are planning to increase their shareholding as well, to oust Otedola, so they needed to discredit the report that Otedola now controls the largest shareholding.........so they can move in more.

** Let the billionaires make some more show of billions' display joor, we dey gbadun dem. grin
** Some more billionaires should also come on board as well. Coming days will be interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/6816433/unaware-otedolas-share-acquisitions-fbn

Chances are that it's not Sir Otedola that's buying now.
Maybe the owners of Leadway assurrance (Sir Odukale & co) ...see the attached doc below.

Wish I had a stake in that insurance company. It's about the biggest and best managed insurance coy in the country.
Unfortunately, it's not a quoted coy.
The group(Leadway) is really making a lot of money from their insurance and AM businesses. Their PFA subsidiary is a cash cow.
The group alone, has acquired over 5.36% of FBNH' total OS.

Again, maybe Sir Otedola might also buy in future. Or perhaps someone is buying or will buy on his behalf. (indirect stake)
Probably explains the other 4.17% of FBNH shares acquired from the total of near 9.6%.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
yMcy56:

I think one of the things affecting this stock is lack of much info about them......

This is their first year. No track record or past history for analysts to base their judgements/analysis on.......and to know if their listing price or current price is a fair value/ fair reflection of the true state of the group.
In terms of past history, I mean as a Limited Liability Coy.

More clarity will keep surfacing as time goes on.......but I think this stock is a good one to keep eye on. It will most likely deliver.

Caveat: 100% my opinion. I may be wrong. tongue

Abeg, auntie Mercy! What do you think of this PZ result? And what you think/SEE is the fair price judging with the result. An opinion will be appreciated.

Cc
CP
OGG
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Marketapprentic:

Abeg, auntie Mercy! What do you think of this PZ result? And what you think/SEE is the fair price judging with the result. An opinion will be appreciated.
Cc
CP
OGG

Fundamentally, PZ is back on a healthy track.
Latest financial print lays added credence to this. (kindly surf through my several past post for further guidance)

What you should know...
The combination of low purchasing power from inflationary pressure and weak macro-economic environment will continue to weigh a strain on coys in the consumer goods space as base demand lags increasing mkt prices and the quest for lower price point product alternatives hightens.
However, those/coys whose business segment/commodity spread embraces the lower class will likely fair better. ...PZ and UNILEVER are among them.
Put differently, margins might be squeezed, but growth trajectory (save for any one-off gain(s)) remains intact.
On the latter(UNILEVER), also read through my past post for guide. There's a reason the coy is now pushing up in price.

Should you buy? Well, that depends on a lot of factors.
Everything from ur your investment horizon to ur personality and goals.
Long term? Absolutely!
MId-term? Seek to buy into every mkt dip at staggered price pegs.
Short term- Look at the coys price movement as it relates to vol. (TA)

In all, a FVE of N10.15 which assumes zero growth rate in Q4 and attaches a high RP should be your guide.
A repeat of their last performance in the next 3 months can push the coys FVE to N14.7 though.

NOTE: Always seek to buy at an MoS value that greatly assures REWARD and gives you peace of mind.
You can digest this post and the coys FP... and make your inference on whether the current mkt price does.

My advise? Pls do well to follow your instinct.

I wish you luck in your endeavor!
Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Otedola has done the needful. He bought 1.8 billion units. FBNH has officially notified the exchange.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34328_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20NOTIFICATION_OF_SUBSTANTIAL_SHAREHOLD.pdf

Otedola is said by the publication to own 5.03% of fbnh outstanding shares

However, new publication indicates that the current chairman of the bank owns 5.37% of the bank's outstanding shares.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34328_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20NOTIFICATION_OF_SUBSTANTIAL_SHAREHOLD.pdf

Hmmm this one everybody dey rush fbnh, make them just come buy us off with our chinkili units
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
samguru:
N@Mercy come and carry your stanbic IBTC comot for here,the result dey give us hearthache ooo.
Lol. Pls allow our Stanbic be in peace o, country hard. grin
The Company still try nah. tongue
Las las our foreign portfolio investors will come to the rescue. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mpeace:
Otedola has done the needful. He bought 1.8 billion units. FBNH has officially notified the exchange.

However, new publication indicates that the current chairman of the bank owns 5.37% of the bank's outstanding shares.

Hmmm this one everybody dey rush fbnh, make them just come buy us off with our chinkili units

What will REMI BABALOLA be thinking now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mpeace:

Wanted to post the publication but saw that you already posted it.

Mentioned it that these guys are playing games. Don't mind them.

So on this same Saturday, weekend o, FBNH denied receiving any notification and same today, notification was received and immediately published on NSE website. Dem try. grin

Publication says 5%, Media says over 10%. Who is deceiving who?

On a serious note, I think there's a value ahead that these guys are seeing but still not known/clear to ordinary eyes.
Seems more and more individuals and companies are taking position in FBNH.

Na to keep close eye on the stock o. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
onegentleguy:
Chances are that it's not Sir Otedola that's buying now. Maybe the owners of Leadway assurrance (Sir Odukale & co) ...see the attached doc below.

Wish I had a stake in that insurance company. It's about the biggest and best managed insurance coy in the country. The group alone, has acquired over 5.36% of FBNH' total OS.

Again, maybe Sir Otedola might also buy in future. Or perhaps someone is buying or will buy on his behalf. (indirect stake)
Probably explains the other 4.17% of FBNH shares acquired from the total of near 9.6%. .
Thanks for this info Sir OGG.
Leadway is no doubt one of the best insurance coys in the country before and now.

Otedola is buying thru Calvadous Global Services Ltd and maybe some other companies not yet known.
A publication has been issued today as to that effect.

Battle of who controls the largest stake and directs the affair of the bank seems to still be on.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2021/10/22/billionaire-investor-femi-otedola-now-majority-shareholder-of-fbnh/%3famp=1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
phemmie06:
FBNH are only following the due process, until he is passed by all the regulatory bodies they won't declare him as the chairman of FBNH. The best they can do is to distance from them from the rumour.
A winner of an election can only be declare a winner but until he/she is sworn in, he won't be called with the title of the office
Thks Oga Phemmie.
E Ku 3 days. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6506) (6507) (6508) (6509) (6510) (6511) (6512) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.