Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,012 members, 7,825,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10926561 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) (6522) (6523) ... (7768) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
yMcy56:

Bonus script announcement is driving the share price up.....
12:9 --- 12 new bonus for every 9 shares held.

I think the price has gone a bit up now though.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34351_AIICO_INSURANCE_PLC%20AIICO_INSURANCE_PLC_CORPORATE_ACT.pdf

I hope they pay this time o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igbosoro: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
@yMcy56 guide us to the fundamentally sound stocks. Ese eee

yMcy56:
Some stocks are getting lots of attention today .
ZENITH has the highest Div yield.......this stock is getting much attention from investors......

There are other fundamentally sound stocks also getting some attention today......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
igbosoro:
@yMcy56 guide us to the fundamentally sound stocks. Ese eee
Lol. These have been mentioned times without number here nah.
.......but you need to watch your entries......and be picking at dip.
Definition of 'Dip' is another thing.....that depends on many factors including timing, your investment objectives, pocket size, etc.
I get ogas here, maybe they should help us out..........but if they don't, you may do well to surf thru past pages.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
yMcy56:
COURTVILLE
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34499_COURTEVILLE_BUSINESS_SOLUTIONS_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANC.pdf
This market can behave irrational sometimes.......
COURTVILLE closed at 40k instead of 48k.

Guess people wants to know the buyout price first or something.

WAPCO closed @27.50........touched 28.65 before the pullback.......
Still have more rooms for growth in my layman's opinion anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lexy2lexy: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
Gurus in the house, is there anyone familiar with Presco? While looking through their fantastic 3Q numbers, I noticed their borrowings increased by about N7B during the quarter i.e. N15.1B vs. N7.9B. Just wondering why they will be doubling their loan burden when they are generating so much cash. Also the cash on hand at the end of the period is N15B

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pamelayoung: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Valueinvestor:

Do you mean interim or final div, cos okomu paild N7 final div for last financial year

Is Okomu likely to pay a final dividend this year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Is Okomu likely to pay a final dividend this year?
All things being equal, they should even pay a higher div,probably N9+ for this current financial year.Okomu has always been consistent with div payment,but right now the div yield is not looking too attractive based on current price,but all the same its a stock that should be in ones portfolio, for the long term,especially for those that seek a steady cash flow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
lexy2lexy:
Gurus in the house, is there anyone familiar with Presco? While looking through their fantastic 3Q numbers, I noticed their borrowings increased by about N7B during the quarter i.e. N15.1B vs. N7.9B. Just wondering why they will be doubling their loan burden when they are generating so much cash. Also the cash on hand at the end of the period is N15B

On this forum it was mentioned they are acquiring Okitipupa Oil Palm. Don't know the progress.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
^^
It should be to facilitate more growth and expansion or to purchase more assets especially as their business is seasonal. Borrowing more to have more back-uo funds to cover preparation for peak periods will take pressure away from working capital. Or it may be part of a secured and balanced financial strategy to encourage financial discipline, efficiency, as well as reduce waste instead of having all these excess cash floating around without debt obligations. And also well managed low cost loans will improve the business stability and competiveness leading to more profits. Bottom line is they should have very good reason for taking more loans. My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Transcorp pulled back by 2 kobo today. Is the rally over post fantastic Q3 result. I thought it would be at 1.20 by now. This market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
longlife20:

Presco is better and cheaper
Presco eps q3= N3.65k. Year to date N13.78k from N5.03k, currently selling for N89
Okomu eps q3= N2.17k. Year to date N12.16k from N5.24k, currently selling for N135

Was surprised with the PRESCO N1.0 interim dividend due 19th. Will pencil buying more for the long term. This is my best performing stock over the last 15 Years delivering over x10 return in the period. And it was never one of those stocks marketed by stockbrokers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
goody234:

i just bought shares with them did they even declare dividend?.. ...will they pay a premium to shareholders if they delist ...very greedy people lol
Don't mind them.
i bought some myself when some people I read their opinion here mentioned it, I even planned to buy more today but went for Wapco instead. I will hold becos their report is good, they have the cash to propose good offer if it gets there and the future looks good. This is strictly my strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
BabsO2:

Was surprised with the PRESCO N1.0 interim dividend due 19th. Will pencil buying more for the long term. This is my best performing stock over the last 15 Years delivering over x10 return in the period. And it was never one of those stocks marketed by stockbrokers.
PRESCO is really giving OKOMUOil a good run. Both are good dividend stocks to have in portfolio if one can.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
BabsO2:
Transcorp pulled back by 2 kobo today. Is the rally over post fantastic Q3 result. I thought it would be at 1.20 by now. This market

I have already settled for long term capital appreciation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 6:53am On Nov 02, 2021
BabsO2:

Dont you know that all Tony Elumelu's coys are fraudulent. We take their financial results with a pinch of salt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2021
megamart247:

Dont you know that all Tony Elumelu's coys are fraudulent. We take their financial results with a pinch of salt
I don't think so,am sure those that have held UCAP, for the long term would have a different story.Ucap has steadily increased their div over the years and currently, its not doing bad,
In investing, its actually not what you buy that only matters, its when and how much you buy it that matters in as much as you're keeping it for the long term
UBA was once on sale early this year, after declaration of poor div, I got a sizeable amount at 6.7 then(though av sold).I think the idea is just to buy a good stock when it's on sale, then hold

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2021
salanda:
GUINNESS

For a week now, why would any one spend almost a hundred million in total steadily buying (bidding) it @29.00 if they expect price to fall?

But I keep asking myself is this some form of reversed selling?

Guinness already doing above 50% from that well-known 29.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ofp1: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Who can help me with choosing a better stock broker? Looking at transparency, customer service and maybe fees.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2021
salanda:

Guinness already doing above 50% from that well-known 29.00

Guinness is on fire. On its way to km50 if it keeps going at this pace
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Curry30:

Possibly, but I have just exited.

I reckon there will be a part 2 cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 10:42am On Nov 02, 2021
BabsO2:

be patient.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2021
Curry30:

International Brew's Q3 is not bad.one of the best results from the loss making companies.
I would recommend the stock since they are in same sector.I would not be surprise to see a sudden magic here too.We are in a period of celebrations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2021
salanda:

be patient.

Lol........patient and old age.I reject this kind of investment.Tufiakwa.Transcorp all these for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by healthserve(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2021
I lost the phone contact of a stock broker guy I met here some years back, Mr. Ojo. Can anyone point me to his moniker/phone number ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:21am On Nov 02, 2021
Valueinvestor:

I don't think so,am sure those that have held UCAP, for the long term would have a different story.Ucap has steadily increased their div over the years and currently, its not doing bad,
In investing, its actually not what you buy that only matters, its when and how much you buy it that matters in as much as you're keeping it for the long term
UBA was once on sale early this year, after declaration of poor div, I got a sizeable amount at 6.7 then(though av sold).I think the idea is just to buy a good stock when it's on sale, then hold
I still have my UBA for long-term at km6+ and I'm keeping for long-term... I learnt from UCAP that I got and sold cheap... Buying UBA at below #7 is GOLDMINE... I remembered Peter mocking me at the time because I exited TRANSCORP for UBA and OANDO... The rest they say is history grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2021
megawealth01:
I still have my UBA for long-term at km6+ and I'm keeping for long-term... I learnt from UCAP that I got and sold cheap... Buying UBA at below #7 is GOLDMINE... I remembered Peter mocking me at the time because I exited TRANSCORP for UBA and OANDO... The rest they say is history grin

Follow your mind
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2021
locodemy:

International Brew's Q3 is not bad.one of the best results from the loss making companies.
I would recommend the stock since they are in same sector.I would not be surprise to see a sudden magic here too.We are in a period of celebrations.

Well seated in IntBrew. Let's see how far the bus takes us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uptrend(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
lexy2lexy:

The little I know of this company is that they plan to acquire additional farmland in PHC. And need the borrowing to finance it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
As was said earlier, if you missed wapco, don't worry too much. It will soon come down for you one more time but don't miss the opportunity cos this might just be the last before the final movement.
As for me and my household, na vitafoam matter we carry for head at the moment. We expect good corporate action after a fantastic result. U am aware that the directors are heavy in the stock. We pray they don't fall hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
Curry30:

Well seated in IntBrew. Let's see how far the bus takes us.

Remain there.
If you have money add some Lasaco but for me it is Jijo.I have to recommend it here because the stock will go higher.I have seen the signs already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
megamart247:

This is a strong allegation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2021
megamart247:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) (6522) (6523) ... (7768) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), Trone, presiade(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.