Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10863932 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6619) (6620) (6621) (6622) (6623) (6624) (6625) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 6:56am On Mar 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Still befuddled concerning your positive "Prophecy" for GSK.. please enlighten me how the price will appreciate 100%

Couldn't find Q4 so I presume it isn't out.. Below is the abysmal Q3 result..

Profit before tax declined by 71.6% to N181m.

Profit after tax declined by 71.7% to N123m.

I believe EPS dropped to 10k from 36k
Probably insider information as he stated he did not know how it will happen so it is not about the figures but most likely a strategic investor coming in wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:11am On Mar 01, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:13am On Mar 01, 2022
Deadlytruth:

8. Most importantly, approach investment on NSE exactly as Nigerian politicians approach politics. Have no permanent friends or enemies among the quoted companies. Only your permanent interest should matter to you which is to make profit hence if you are in a stock which is no longer sure of guaranteeing that interest of yours, defect to another one where that interest is likely to be most easily realizable within the shortest possible time going forward.

You nailed it bro! NSE cannot be better summarized than this. Well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2022
DUNKA:
Probably insider information as he stated he did not know how it will happen so it is not about the figures but most likely a strategic investor coming in wink

There is nothing like insider there. He is only speculating or has loaded and looking to push it and japaa. grin.

I will not be surprised if it moves 10% now that he has advertised it grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AnaChowdhury(f): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2022
Thanks a vast for sharing these essential prospects with us and huge gratitude for that. The topic that you've stated is undoubtedly filled with significance and we really can't deny that fact.

Anyways, lastly just wanted to tell you that finding a broker might sound hard, and trust me it really is quite hard but if you look properly you'll find some of the best options out there which obviously includes Litefinance since they are providing an ultra-wide range of trading accessories.

Have a great day!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Two things happened this February 2022 which could decide the fate of the USD.

First, Biden will use confiscated Afghanistan reserve for aid relief to the people of Afghanistan and also using the fund to pay 9/11 victims.

Secondly, sanctions on Russian central bank preventing them from using dollar for transactions. And blocking some of their reserves.

What could go wrong?

Will other sovereigns think that their funds can be seized and they liquidate as fast as possible once there is any disagreement with US? Once this thought enters their heads, dollar will have a catastrophic fall because the holders of the US debt will have no other option than to sell.

Reviewing my target for Brent from $220 to $300. Don't expect a straight line rise.

Gold needs to rise till it gets to $4,500.

NSE ASI 100K target still remains.

"In the war between falsehood and truth, falsehood always wins first battle, but truth always wins the last"... Mujibur Ruhman

Sell and buy what ?

And Move to what else precisely ? Euro , yen ,pound , Swiss franc , gold , yuan , crypto . It’s like robobo said what other asset class is big enough

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2022
Seplat holding N945.80 ...
Firmly with 100k volume...
Just observing... Ummmmm cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:20am On Mar 01, 2022
leparj:
Thanks Madam Mercy.
Can see Zenith. But Afiprudential is not listed here.
You didn't see AFRIPRUD yet 'cos the corporate dividend info is not yet published....
The 50k dividend was proposed in the 2021 FYE, that's where people can see it from.
You can keep refreshing and visiting the page.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:29am On Mar 01, 2022
ARDOVA
Getting some bashing today, seems insiders have seen the result.
How low can it go from where dem bash am reach again??
Any risk taker fit try I'm luck here........from 12 and below......

I think those buying stocks that are high should exercise caution, this is earning season, any stock that underperform may likely be punished.......
Mr. Market has the final say anyway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:
ARDOVA
Any risk taker fit try im luck here......from 12 and below.....
Their result is out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2022
sterlingD:

Their result is out
Link??
Cos me I didn't see it yet .....and how bad is the result?

Modify: Seen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:
ARDOVA
Any risk taker fit try im luck here......from 12 and below.....

I think those buying stocks that are high should exercise caution, this is earning season, any stock that underperform may likely be punished.......
Mr. Market has the final say anyway.

I si gini?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

Link??
Cos me I didn't see it yet
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35187_ARDOVA_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2021_FIN.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:36am On Mar 01, 2022
WAPCO
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35189_LAFARGE_AFRICA_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2.pdf

ARDOVA
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35187_ARDOVA_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2021_FIN.pdf

DANGCEM
Final Dividend: N20.00
Qualification Date: 30 May, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35183_DANGOTE_CEMENT_PLC%20CORPORATE_ACTIONS_NOTIFICATION_CORP.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2022
locodemy:
I si gini?
Lol.
I'll even go with Ardova than your Ellah Lake. cheesy

@Currentprice identified this stock few weeks ago, even if it's not one year, the stock go still respond. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

Lol.
I'll even go with Ardova than you Ellah Lake. cheesy

@Currentprice identified this stock few weeks ago, even if it's not one year, the stock go still respond. grin

I hope you know we are not competing?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:46am On Mar 01, 2022
locodemy:

I hope you know we are not competing?
Sure!!
Just using the avenue to remind you about it.
No matter how Ardova is battered, by the time it gets to N10, it will stabilize, the stock don suffer already...

Ok.....make I go check the result first. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2022
Their result is not interesting at all.

Mcy56:

Sure!!
No matter how Ardova is battered, by the time it gets to N10, it will stabilize, the stock don suffer already...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2022
Lets wait and see what Transcorp comes up with today, after their board meeting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:01am On Mar 01, 2022
Wapco paying N1 as dividend. Them try sha. They paid interim dividend of N1 in 2021, that brings total dividend for the year to N2. It s more than fair.
A company that made 51billion in profit after tax and is paying 32billion as dividend cares so much for investors.

Unlike Zenith bank that made over N244billion but is paying only about 96billion in dividend.

Although Zenith dividend yield is higher for now due to higher Profit After tax

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2022
Ekuu results week

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

Sure!!

They came out with serious loss against all expectations. I just hope their management dont have any relationship with the Oandos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2022
onegentleguy:

Still recall this post above? (a broad and in-depth review of the insurance sector)
Let's dig in to see what the short-mid term journey has been like...

As I highlighted back then, the KEY to a healthy selection lies in the parts in bold;
a) those with a greater weight of value drive/prospect and
b) those with a high plausibility of remaining stand alone entities post the recapitalization deadline by the regulator.

From a) are asset Nos 4, 2, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17 and 18 which are MUTUAL BENEFITS, AIICO, LASACO, SOVEREIGN TRUST, WAPIC, ROYAL EXCHANGE, VERITAS KAPITAL, REGENCY ALLIANCE, CHI and LINKAGE in that order.

While from b) are Nos, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,10, 12, 17 and 18 which are CUSTODIAN, AIICO, MANSURD INS, MUTUAL BENEFITS, PRESTIGE, NEM, LASACO, WAPIC, VERITAS KAPITAL, CHI and LINKAGE.
Notice how some asset in a) are also in b)... will revisit this part later.

1st off, how has the a) list faired?
The next line attempts to compare the prices of these asset at consideration period to their present mkt price with an estimate of their various % nominal return... all written in bracket from left to right;
MBENFIT (20k, 40k 100%), AIICO (60k, 129k, 115%) etc... in fact, except for 1 coy (veritas), near all in list a) have delivered btw 85-100% NR, with yield even topping above 100% at some point. (YtD price peg in view)
However the biggest winners have been the duo of ROYAL EXCHANGE (23k, 76k, 230%), followed by LINKAGE (factor in the recent script/bonus issue), WAPIC, CHI and MBENFIT in that order.

Wondering what is the essence of this post?
Pls kindly read btw the lines... smiley wink cheesy

Notice how the best performing coy (Royal exchange) is among 3 coys that are in list a) but not in b) ...the other 2 are SOVEREIGN TRUST AND REGENCY ALLIANCE. For these class of coys, I highlighted what might likely play out with them in view of the expected recap exercise.
Aside the thing about a possible buy out (Royal ex looking like it), all 3 fall in within the same basket of P2P weighting.
Put differently, if the price of one is X and the other 2 are V and W, then to guage value, all 3 can be compared to each other using certain predetermined fundamental variables.
And in that line, using key yardsticks like Net ROIC, Sloan ratio, Solvency Margin (surplus/deficit peg in view) CGPR, ROTE, CCC efficiency etc... as a barometer to gauge VALUE, the other 2 are a BUY!!
In retrospect, whatever happens with these set of asset(read post above) you stand a great chance as an investor to reap some good reward. (RRM: 45-71%)

Again, Note how the duo of PRESTIGE and VERITAS KAPITAL have been the least performing... with the latter still trading at what I consider a steal!
Any worry? Not at all! In fact, both coys tick all the boxes in view of the key yardsticks cited above.

If u understood matters to this point, then u do not need a soothsayer to tell u that aligning with assets like REGENCY ALLIANCE, SOVEREIGN TRUST (sovrenins), VERITAS KAPITAL, PRESTIGE, WAPIC, MBENFIT, LINKAGE and CHI should pay off.
...and so are the select few others mentioned in the post above.

Disclaimer: Just given a follow-up update on request.
NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. When in doubt, pls do well to be guided by ur instinct.

Selah

A reminder from near 9 months ago.

It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2022
dharpzee:
Their result is not interesting at all.
Okay......negative EPS, high cost of sales, expenses chopping much more into the revenue.........I never check all.
Think the company needs to sit up and block some loopholes where funds are being siphoned.

Well, na NSE we dey, RTBRISCOE was one of the best 3 performing stocks in Feb 2022, with very bad EPS....

Not making case for Ardova's poor performance, but sometimes unexpected can happen in this biz.

If not for Mobil's acquisition by SEPLAT too, the dividend payout wasn't that impressive........but the news supercede all.
It's well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

Sure!!

Ellah lakes is an embrayoic stock that will be hatched someday.Everything about it is good only but timing.We sighted it at premature age.It will mature soon and take another step of life like okomu and presco.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2022
Just replied to all mails and messages.
...so those involved may wish to look in on them.

One small, I'd like to apologise for the late response.
...been really busy lately.

Good day everyone... and happy New month.
May this month of March bring us plenty of good tidings and all-touching bliss!
Do have a meaningful week ahead.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:13am On Mar 01, 2022
currentprice:
Ekuu results week grin grin
E Ku market sir.
It's good you're here.....
What do you have to say about Ardova's Q4? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

Lol.
I'll even go with Ardova than your Ellah Lake. cheesy

no recommendation yet on Ardova, though was eying on it waiting for the fy results to be out.

with the result now, it better to wait for the price to bend down much more before buy. Ardova earnings out negative though revenue increasing but depreciation and finance cost bring the PAT to loss embarassed

it better to look elsewhere for now

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2022
onegentleguy:

Great pick dear... TOTAL ly agree with you.
That coy should deliver! wink cheesy grin

As for ARDOVA, not sure about that. At least based on their last 2 financial print.
...look well oo before you leap. shocked shocked
Unless of course Q4 and by extension H2, 2021 print will spring up a surprise.
That coy is battling with cost. They are currently on an investing phase which requires a lot of funding. (capex in view... the aftermath of some expansionary move... post the acquisition of ENYO Ltd)
There's also a plan to raise over N22B via bonds by H1, 2022.

Have had my reservation on ARDOVA since the sale/divestment of what I believe to be it's juicy business unit in the power and upstream segments (Amperion power and AP oil & gas Ghana) following a change in the coys ownership structure in 2019.
And though they've improved from 2 yrs ago, I still hold that view until I see certain key lines in their financials.

I don't see them paying a great dividend for YE, 2021.
Price might push up but as I said, it will need a good Q4 print to sustain it.

It is well.

As expected, ARDOVA's financial print turned out to be poor.
Not surprised though. ...highlighted the worry on the coy here.

Should create a buy opportunity though.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2022
currentprice:
recommendation yet on Ardova, though was eying on it waiting for the fy results to be out.

with the result now, it better to wait for the price to bend down much more before buy. Ardova earnings out negative though revenue increasing but depreciation and finance cost bring the PAT to loss embarassed

it better to look elsewhere for now grin grin grin grin grin
Alright Sir.
Well noted!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Still befuddled concerning your positive "Prophecy" for GSK.. please enlighten me how the price will appreciate 100%

Couldn't find Q4 so I presume it isn't out.. Below is the abysmal Q3 result..

Profit before tax declined by 71.6% to N181m.

Profit after tax declined by 71.7% to N123m.

I believe EPS dropped to 10k from 36k

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that the parent company wanted to buy off the minority shareholders as at 2014 or 2015 at a much higher price even though the exchange rate was better for Nigerian investors.

Imagine the same company coming to pick GSK Nigeria PLC at the depressed price and terrible exchange rate today.

I strongly feel whenever a parent company shows interest for a major takeover in any of its subsidiaries, they usually follow through whether now or later.

My assumption may be wrong and is open to criticism o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 11:42am On Mar 01, 2022
Mcy56:

E Ku market sir.
It's good you're here.....
What do you have to say about Ardova's Q4? grin
Please what is your sincere advise about buying ucap at current price? Or at what price range is reasonably safe to buy? Thank you for your usual sound advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6619) (6620) (6621) (6622) (6623) (6624) (6625) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: crownprince2017, emmasoft(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.