Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10907536 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6709) (6710) (6711) (6712) (6713) (6714) (6715) ... (7760) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2022
2zona:
sell-off cum dumping in progress on the floor grin grin grin
Na wao.Na real wa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:37am On May 25, 2022
Bearishness on the floor due to the insensitivity of the Apex bank........
ZEE, GTCO, WAPCO, VITAFOAM, UCAP, NAHCO, and few other ones leading the race.....
Opportunity presenting itself......
* Market may stabilize sooner than expected........bargainers showing up and on queue at the bottom of the bid tables......

Btw, where are the bear crew self? tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2022
2zona:

At such a time like this in the market, look out for and buy the value in the stock; don't mind the position because stocks have just two positions in terms of price it's either up or down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:01pm On May 25, 2022
GTCO and ZENITH
Sometimes one would just wonder what's actually the problem with these two.... smiley
Ironically the two stocks with the highest dividend yield in NSE......Aside MEYER topping the list......

Sometimes the "non-popular" stocks even have shock absorber pass them.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OrgasmDonorxoxo: 12:03pm On May 25, 2022
Repeat after me:

Volatility in the stock market is necessary & unavoidable.

The sentiment pendulum will swing back.
I will take advantage of these lows.
I am not going to panic sell.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:05pm On May 25, 2022
yMcy56:
ZEE, GTCO, WAPCO, VITAFOAM, UCAP, NAHCO, and few other ones leading the race.....
* Market may stabilize sooner than expected........bargainers showing up and on queue at the bottom of the bid tables......

the thing neva reach our zone, the likes of GT / WAPCO /ZENITH wld not be bad at a range of 19-21, they sure can make it happen

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 12:07pm On May 25, 2022
2zona:

A case of the glass being half full or half empty. while some are saying "sell-off" others are saying "buy-in"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
yMcy56:

But what is happening is normal and expected. I do not think it has to do with the CBN announcement.

The supposed Bull we had in the past 3 weeks was reaction to First Quarter results. That tempo is cooling down. The next up swing should be about mid june in anticipation of 2nd quarter results and some companies paying dividend. It should last till mid july and there will be a slight depression after that.

This has been the trend in the past.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:22pm On May 25, 2022
Dum20:
what is happening is normal and expected. I do not think it has to do with the CBN announcement.

The supposed Bull we had in the past 3 weeks was reaction to First Quarter results. That tempo is cooling down. The next up swing should be about mid june in anticipation of 2nd quarter results and some companies paying dividend. It should last till mid july and there will be a slight depression after that.
This has been the trend in the past.
Things have changed.
Trends are changing.
Global events are taking more centre stage since COVID-19 period.......
This sell off was triggered by the CBN's MPR rate announcement yesterday.
Suppose any favourable policy or news comes up now, market direction would again change.......the companies are trying despite the harsh economic environment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2022
Interesting times
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 12:35pm On May 25, 2022
robobo:

the thing neva reach our zone, the likes of GT / WAPCO /ZENITH wld not be bad at a range of[b] 19-21[/b], they sure can make it happen

That would not make sense. Billions are involved control must be applied even during a pandemic, can't just be throwing prices around like that just out of the top of one's head
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:35pm On May 25, 2022
robobo:

the thing neva reach our zone, the likes of GT / WAPCO /ZENITH wld not be bad at a range of 19-21, they sure can make it happen

Managed to pick some GT at 21.65...
We are watchin in 3D...
and waiting for both ...
in their support price...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
Phlinx:
case of the glass being half full or half empty. while some are saying "sell-off" others are saying "buy-in"
Lol.
I think it's because fundamentally, nothing is wrong with some of the stocks.......while at the same time, fear of unknown/hunt for bargain is prevailing.

Chai! Someone says I always have answer for many things. Lol. Make una no mind me o. Just airing my view from my amateur perspective. Could be right, could be wrong. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
Phlinx:

That would not make sense. Billions are involved control must be applied even during a pandemic, can't just be throwing prices around like that just out of the top of one's head

grin grin grin grin
Be like we get newbie here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
Breaking!

May be rumour

Emiefele Out!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
Phlinx:
Lol.
My advice, just don't panic unnecessarily. That's this market for you.
If you don't know what to do: just do NOTHING.
In as much as you keyed into fundamentally sound stocks, it will still reverse these sheddings. The prices will go back up again with time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:53pm On May 25, 2022
AIRTEL
Officially moved with +138.00 amidst all the sell off!!
New price: N1,608!

FBNH on the contrary was dumped down to 10.45, but still lots of volume exchanging hands......
Mixed reaction from result expectations.....

MTNN sighted in the green territory.......after the earlier sell off...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 12:55pm On May 25, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol.
My advice, just don't panic unnecessarily. That's this market for you.
If you don't know what to do: just do NOTHING.
In as much as you keyed into fundamentally sound stocks, it will still reverse these sheddings. The prices will go back up again with time.

Panic ke? grin grin

I have done a lot of buying today bought loads of WAPCO below 27. Sold my Transcorp last week Wednesday bought some today and will watchout for any further downward for Transcorp tomorrow.

I was trying to say there should be understanding of when to buy-in and also when to sell-off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 12:58pm On May 25, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

grin grin grin grin
Be like we get newbie here

Then how do you explain January 19, 2016 Zenith Bank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:59pm On May 25, 2022
gbengafaro1986:
Breaking!
May be rumour
Emiefele Out!

I got a feed from a friend this morning that he might be shown the back door.
May be connected to the decision by his MPC lead meeting yesterday.

#longoverdue

https://www.intelregion.com/news/breaking-buhari-sacks-cbn-governor-godwin-emefiele/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 25, 2022
onegentleguy:

it'll most likely be connected to the decision by his MPC lead meeting yesterday.

#longoverdue

https://www.intelregion.com/news/breaking-buhari-sacks-cbn-governor-godwin-emefiele/

Market should cheer this news.

He started acting anyhow.

Who is replacing him? Bismarck? Let me call Bubu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 1:29pm On May 25, 2022
Willie2015:

Managed to pick some GT at 21.65...
We are watchin in 3D...
and waiting for both ...
in their support price...

A whole 879,452 units (only record at 21.65 thus far). This one no be ''some'' ooo. cheesy. You're doing well, sir!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
samguru:
https://thestreetjournal.org/just-in-buhari-relieves-godwin-emefiele-of-his-job-as-cbn-governor/
Think this is the right step to take.....
He was hiding under the umbrella of the ruling party to flout laws .....
The other time, recently, Buhari was said to walk him out of his office for failing to resign, yet wanted to contest...
Imagine a whole CBN Governor claiming "a group of farmers" purchased presidential form for him.......these guys won't seize to amaze us. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 1:38pm On May 25, 2022
yMcy56:

Things has changed.
Trends are changing.
Global events are taking more centre stage since COVID-19 period.......
This sell off was triggered by the CBN's MPR rate announcement yesterday.
Suppose any favourable policy or news comes up now, market direction would again change.......the companies are trying despite the harsh economic environment.

Not much has changed.

Pick any stock that has december as year end.

Compare its price in january, april, may, july, november in the past 5 years, you will see it is the same trend.

There is even a saying "Sell in May"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:40pm On May 25, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Market should cheer this news.

He started acting anyhow.

Who is replacing him? Bismarck? Let me call Bubu.

I think the market is currently structured to preempt and encourage folks to sell/exit certain coys.
Whoever decides to sell off at a loss will likely later lament on their decision though.

...best to HOLD!

Some persons/entities have been quietly but strategically aligning with some KEY equity names.

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet down inside, are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."
~Sinclair

Btw, if the news is eventually confirmed, then I'd like that name in bold.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
onegentleguy:

May be connected to the decision by his MPC lead meeting yesterday.

#longoverdue

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 1:47pm On May 25, 2022
https://independent.ng/breaking-emefiele-not-sacked-cbn-sources/

Contrary to the trending story in some online media, a very reliable source from the Central Bank media desk has stated that Mr. Godwin Emefiele, the CBN governor is still very much on his desk without the threat of a sack.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:49pm On May 25, 2022
Dum20:
Not much has changed.
Pick any stock that has december as year end.
Compare its price in january, april, may, july, november in the past 5 years, you will see it is the same trend.
There is even a saying "Sell in May"
Ok sir/ma.
So "sell in May" wey don finish? Na now investors know say we dey in May and start to dey sell?
I don hear you sir.
Peter wey dey "Sell in May" dey busy on bargain table self. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 2:06pm On May 25, 2022
yMcy56:

Ok sir/ma.
So "sell in May" wey don finish? Na now investors know say we dey in May and start to dey sell?
I don hear you sir.
Peter wey dey "Sell in May" dey busy on bargain table self. grin

I am not selling in May, I see the situation as opportunity to accumulate more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:12pm On May 25, 2022
... pains that zee and gtb pay gud dividends, jet never enjoyed the bull, but leading the hear now.

Truly things no balance for this mkt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 2:19pm On May 25, 2022
Dum20:

I am not selling in May, I see the situation as opportunity to accumulate more.

Exactly my point - the situation.

So the trader will now determine if the situation is a buy-in or a sell-off situation...half full or half empty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6709) (6710) (6711) (6712) (6713) (6714) (6715) ... (7760) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shalom428, lagbaja(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.