Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876792 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6720) (6721) (6722) (6723) (6724) (6725) (6726) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2022
Agbalowomeri:
If you are sure of your game, concentration is the way to go
Make a kill at once and move Lol
I am almost certain that Nosa2 will waybill a gift to you for this post.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2022
Will oando stock price rise of tinubu wins? He may give his nephew some oil and gas deals.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2022
ebuka1997:
Will oando stock price rise of tinubu wins? He may give his nephew some oil and gas deals.
I thought of this the very day Tinubu was declared APC candidate, and the conclusion I reached was that it could go any way.
They might use the impunity that comes therefrom to manipulate the shares, they could also use it to strip the company of any life that still remains or they use the advantage to add more assets to it.
But this will all depend on whether APC can clinches the sit of power.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Are the REITs trading on NSE cash cows for the SEC and fund managers? I just went through a couple of audited reports. Even when you strip out depreciation expenses and property maintenance expenses, the left over cost is still routinely 30% of the collected rental income. Quite simply put, the cost structure is insane. Why does it take so much to collect rent on a couple of buildings in limited geographical locations?
cc @emmanuelewumi

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
What is tax? What are the various forms of tax? How does tax affect the retail investor? What are capital gain taxes?

These and many more are answered in our chat with Mr Emeka Chime ACCA, CITN (Associate director, PWC).

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/64--Tax-matters-for-Retail-Investors-A-chat-with-Mr-Emeka-Chime-e1jqdn2

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:
Are the REITs trading on NSE cash cows for the SEC and fund managers? I just went through a couple of audited reports. Even when you strip out depreciation expenses and property maintenance expenses, the cost structure is insane. It is routinely 30% of the rental income. Why does it take so much to collect rent on a couple of buildings in limited geographical locations?
cc @emmanuelewumi

Collect rent, manage and maintain properties then 10% of the profit are invested in fixed income.

Considering the prices of 2 of the REITs, I think getting a yield of over 10% from a real estate backed portfolio is good enough

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Collect rent, manage and maintain properties then 10% of the profit are invested in fixed income.

Considering the prices of 2 of the REITs, I think getting a yield of over 10% from a real estate backed portfolio is good enough
For example, after removing the cost of maintaining the properties and depreciation, UPDC REIT requires N400m expenditures to collect rental income of N1.3b from 5 properties in Lagos and 1 in Abuja. The least they could do is index the fees of all the third parties to the revenue or distributable income of the REIT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

For example, after removing the cost of maintaining the properties and depreciation, UPDC REIT requires N400m expenditures to collect rental income of N1.3b from 5 properties in Lagos and 1 in Abuja. The least they could do is index the fees of all the third parties to the revenue or distributable income of the REIT.

Kindly send the screenshot of this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly send the screenshot of this
Go through the notes to the financial statements of the last audited report. Start from page 18
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

Go through the notes to the financial statements of the last audited report. Start from page 18

The screenshot will be better.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The screenshot will be better.
You have to calculate it using the line items. You can’t do that without going through the report
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

You have to calculate it using the line items. You can’t do that without going through the report

You should be able to get the screenshot of all their expenses in 2021

And what was the explanation in the note.

UPDC REIT made a paper loss in 2021, due to revaluation of some of their properties

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2022
yMcy56:
These 3 stocks are mainly the ones one heavyweight is selling: GTCO, ZENITH, UBA........
Election is coming, could it be that some politicians are offloading to get liquid for campaign??
Could it be one moneybag eying oil biz or Otedola trying to generate more fund to buy one/or more of the integrated power project that the FG planned to sell??
Guess the same guy/entity was crossing Access, Fbnh and Fidelity before now........
Well, whatever it is, we keep watching Mr. Market....

UCAP:
Someone sold down to 12.40 earlier......and it immediately jumped back to 13/13.05.......
Two 5Ms suspicious on offer table.........why didn't the seller clear available bids?

Lol. Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.... tongue
Election things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2022
PETERiCHY:
Also remember that "SELL n MAY and GO AWAY is a STRATEGY"

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

So no more commentary tongue

Meanwhile those that sold in MAY and go AWAY rightnow grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
SUNU on Fullbid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Motivational speakers and their followers rightnow. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
PETERiCHY:
Motivational speakers and their followers rightnow. grin grin grin

Caverton is flying them home... grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
GTCo:
This person or entity selling GTCO must be obesed heavyweight...........SO also ZEE.
By the time he's done, GT go breathe in and out. smiley
@21.85 now.......
Bargain hunters also picking along the downlane.......
I have the feelings that the person or entity will be back.....to buy his stakes back. smiley

@edwardaigb hope you're also watching GT and Zenith in market.....

In other news, NGXGROUP is holding up in the market @25..........
M& B below 4.....
First Bank : inching up.... @10.50....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
I was expecting the contagion effect from yesterday's US market action but it appears NSE is running its own race.

CASH is a position if you don't like the current action.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
PETERiCHY:

So no more commentary tongue

Meanwhile those that sold in MAY and go AWAY rightnow grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
yMcy56:
GTCo:
This person or entity selling GTCO must be obesed heavyweight...........SO also ZEE.
By the time he's done, GT go breathe in and out. smiley
@21.85 now.......
Bargain hunters also picking along the downlane.......
I have the feelings that the person or entity will be back. smiley

@edwardaigb hope you're also watching GT and Zenith in market.....

In other news, NGXGROUP is holding up in the market @25..........
M& B below 4.....
First Bank : inching up.... @10.50....

I'm and thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
Chibuking81:

Election things.
Oga Chibu long time . smiley

From observation, it's only GTCo and Zee that are badly hit so far.
In fact, it looks like it's only GT, but just dragging Zenith along. Other stocks are defending their share prices. smiley

My take: These two especially no dey fear me. I think those inside the bus should just be patient. Those planning to enter should be picking in tranches.
2nd quarter is around the corner. Interim may help stabilize them if the lull should continue till then.

Going by Oga Oracle's TA, Agba's long term prediction of GT, I think the end of the falling should be getting closer. We see how it goes sha. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
It's GTCO and Zenith that have the highest FPI'S. Are some of them pulling out or reducing exposure to Naija further this May. When the NGX data showing outflow for May-22 is updated will have a hint.

https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/foreign-portfolio-investment-report/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Coolcash1:

GTCO FAIR VALE IS N17... cool

We still stand by our recommendation... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=Coolcash1 post=113811078]

We still stand by our recommendation... grin[/quote

I see repeat of 2019 happening again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2022
Coolcash1:

We still stand by our recommendation... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fidtopade: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Please could you remind us what happened in 2019?
OBAGADAFFI:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2022
fidtopade:
Please could you remind us what happened in 2019?

COVID19 led to the 2019/20 Market crash.

GTB was selling @ N16.75 as of Mar 23, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2022
BabsO2:

It's GTCO and Zenith that have the highest FPI'S. Are some of them pulling out or reducing exposure to Naija further this May. When the NGX data showing outflow for May-22 is updated will have a hint.

https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/foreign-portfolio-investment-report/

Snapshot of changes in top fund managers ownership of GTCO, ZENITH, UBA & FBNH from morningstar attached below.

Will be interesting to see what the snapshot will look like in a couple of months. Their holdings in ZENITH is still about the highest. GTCO numbers not properly updated. But I guess the holdings are just below ZENITH's.

MAZI (a ZA concern) seem to have picked up more FBNH from the snapshots.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6720) (6721) (6722) (6723) (6724) (6725) (6726) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nemenma, Agbalowomeri, Foundationchamp(f), jideflash(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.