Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10875969 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:26am On Jul 15, 2022
LET US HAVE A PEEP INTO THE JUNE 2022 EARNINGS PROSPECT!!!
Playing the market without guidance can be a dangerous game The current inflationary pressure is likely to impacted our expected earnings for the Nigerian equities. A good example was when I saw the current packaging for semolina from FLOUR MILLS, I saw that the paparazzi of the polythene packaging materials we are used to has been removed, therefore when our forecast for the June 2022 result 8s indication a falk in the region of 40% compared with the 2021 result, I was not surprised (let us see if the company will beat this forecast!).

To get our full earnings forecast, subscribe to our daily stock picks/tips for a promotional price of NGN3k per Month instead of the regular price of NGN6K per month. For details send "STOCK PICKS" to Whats�App @ +2348023054935

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2022
ololufemi:
Looks like the times are about to get more interesting and some rides in certain markets will get very bumpy or be like bungee jumping.

Brace up, US Inflation rate of 9.1% will be bad for the Naira
https://nairametrics.com/2022/07/14/brace-up-us-inflation-rate-of-9-1-will-be-bad-for-the-naira/

Our elders and gurus on the platform, what are your views on the ongoing trend especially juxtaposing the performance of the equity markets or local bourse with the local fixed income markets and the international bond market?

In my opinion, this will not have effect on NSE except when the global depression hits the oil producers and cause oil prices to collapse.

Banks will breakout rapidly and catch many unawares.

As for US stocks and Indexes, they still have a long way to fall. Portfolios will be blown over there and people will understand that everything that rises so rapidly must fall later.

Commodities like oil still have further rise to make. And that will be aggressive. This fall in oil is a move to prepare for the next leg higher. My $220 forecast for Brent still stands.

At a point, dollar will have severe devaluation. Since Fed has continued to tighten and raise rates to make dollar stronger and weaken other EM currencies, China will continue to tighten supply to ensure that they don't get cheaper goods with their strong dollar. That way, the little goods avaible in the West will have severe price increases as we see now. Higher prices, higher energy cost, higher interest rates on the those with loans and squeeze on available income will soon lead to protest in the West as cost of living crisis bites.

Fed strengthens the dollar hoping that they get cheaper goods from producers and hoping that this attracts funds into the US, but the reverse could happen where instead an outflow of funds from the West and you get no goods at all from China (due to their frequent lockdowns). That way all the money printed will remain with the West with no one wanting it.

Many countries in EMs and FMs will feel the bite.... Sri Lanka, El Salvador, Ghana, Pakistan etc. Soon the developed ones (weaker ones in EU) will also start to crumble. And their's could be worst.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

In my opinion, this will not have effect on NSE except when the global depression hits the oil producers and cause oil prices to collapse.

As for US stocks and Indexes, they still have a long way to fall. Portfolios will be blown over there and people will understand that everything that rises so rapidly must fall later.

Commodities like oil still have further rise to make. And that will be aggressive. This fall in oil is a move to prepare for the next leg higher. My $220 forecast for Brent still stands.

At a point, dollar will have severe devaluation. Since Fed has continued to tighten and raise rates to make dollar stronger and weaken other EM currencies, China will continue to tighten supply to ensure that they don't get cheaper goods with their strong dollar. That way, the little goods avaible in the West will have severe price increases as we see now. Higher prices, higher energy cost, higher interest rates on the those with loans and squeeze on available income will soon lead to protest in the West as cost of living crisis bites.

Fed strengthens the dollar hoping that they get cheaper goods from producers and hoping that this attracts funds into the US, but the reverse could happen where instead an outflow of funds from the West and you get no goods at all from China (due to their frequent lockdowns). That way all the money printed will remain with the West with no one wanting it.

Many countries in EMs and FMs will feel the bite.... Sri Lanka, El Salvador, Ghana, Pakistan etc. Soon the developed ones (weaker ones in EU) will also start to crumble. And their's could be worst.

My major concern is the oil price.
If oil price stays up, Nigeria might not feel the heat much but if price crumblies the effect will be very severe.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Then, we have to be on the fence. Till all those events happen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
AIRTEL: Sighted @N1,905........Up with N173.20...

GTCO: Sighted @21!!
From 20.40.......to 20.70.........now @21...
Is the dumper still coming.......or he's getting exhausted? We wait and see.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Hailing bros, I like reading your write up and thesis but it appears you have something against the USA.

While I agree with most of your take, I think devaluation of the $$ will help most Americans because this current tightening is dealing with Americans….. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sundayakasdy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hello investors in the house,
I just downloaded and signups trove app.
Please I have 10k to spare out . It's my first time, can you recommend a good shares I can buy to get dividend.
Also will it be advisable to buy shares with my monthly 5k savings instead of keeping it in the bank . cause am projecting to save for 2yrs or more.
Your prompt and kind response is much appreciated.
Thanks you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
yMcy56:
AIRTEL: Sighted @N1,905........Up with N173.20...

GTCO: Sighted @21!!
From 20.40.......to 20.70.........now @21...
Is the dumper still coming? We wait and see.....

Could this surge in the price of Airtel be tied to the strengthening of the USD?

It looks like anytime the USD strengthens its position, the stock witnesses a surge.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Megapower: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
[quote author=RabbiDoracle post=114751310]

At a point, dollar will have severe devaluation. Since Fed has continued to tighten and raise rates to make dollar stronger and weaken other EM currencies, China will continue to tighten supply to ensure that they don't get cheaper goods with their strong dollar. That way, the little goods avaible in the West will have severe price increases

Why would China tighten supply when they can just increase price. If China stops selling to US, they will also have to deal with lower revenue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onuku: 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
What is the best online stockbroking firms / registrars to use in Nigeria? I am not based in Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ades1:

Hailing bros, I like reading your write up and thesis but it appears you have something against the USA.

While I agree with most of your take, I think devaluation of the $$ will help most Americans because this current tightening is dealing with Americans….. Keep up the good work

I do not have any issues against the US. It is just analysis of the events and what I expect. Once these events pass, the opposite of these events start to occur. That is when US markets will start to rise rapidly as other EMs crash. And when that time comes, you may also want to ask if I have any issues with the Emerging markets..

These things are in cycles. Up today, down tomorrow..and vice versa.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
ZikkyChops:

Then, we have to be on the fence. Till all those events happen

All the money wey you don make for Seplat, imagine you were sitting at the fence since pandemic?

Just do smart investing. Find the sector that the events benefit and position there. So it will be based on analysis of each event and then stay invested. Once the event is about to end(price trends to rise sharply), you rotate out and find which other news is breaking. Just do these smartly and you will be in the green even in bad times.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
onuku:
What is the best online stockbroking firms / registrars to use in Nigeria? I am not based in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Come over to investment one stockbrokers.
Everything is done online and you will trade in real time anywhere you are in the world.
I have many diaspora clients onboard already. I will personally be there for after sales support.

Opening an account is simple and straight forward and it's free.
You need your id card, a passport photo, a utility bill, and your signature which will be uploaded on the form online,

To start click the link on my signature and complete the form.
My contact also is available on my signature. You can chat me up if you need further clarification.

Please note investors don't choose the registrars of a company it's instead the job of the companies to pick a registrar that takes care of that function. You automatically deal with the registrar of the company you invest in by default. So investors don't choose registrars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Please what does banks will break out rapidly mean.

Is it their share prices will rise rapidly or fall rapidly.

Will this be only US banks & or other global banks in the Europe & Asia. How will it affect our banks in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2022
BabsO2:

Please what does banks will break out rapidly mean.

Is it their share prices will rise rapidly or fall rapidly.

Will this be only US banks & or other global banks in the Europe & Asia. How will it affect our banks in Nigeria.

I use "breakouts" for upward rising prices and use "breakdown" for downward movement of prices.

The banks I was referring to were NGX stocks.

For EMs (whether in Asia, ME or Africa) , I still expect a decent move in their stock prices before the global depression hits commodity producing EMs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

I use "breakouts" for upward rising prices and use "breakdown" for downward movement of prices.

The banks I was referring to were NGX stocks.

For EMs (whether in Asia, ME or Africa) , I still expect a decent move in their stock prices before the global depression hits commodity producing EMs.

Thanks for the clarification.
I pray the breakout comes good with no breakdown before it happens. Sold a 10+ year NGN bond I had on CSCS above the price i bought it as interest rates are now low compared to when I bought it and placed the proceeds into UBA with a view of getting just very slightly more income. Bought the UBA at N7.50 but can see it closed this week at N7.40 even though online demands daily far outstrip supply. Seems a lot of people want it but at lower prices. But few are selling. Perhaps only desperate sales brought the price down. And not that it really wants to breakdown. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
BabsO2:

I pray the breakout comes good with no breakdown before it happens. Sold a 10+ year NGN bond I had on CSCS above the price i bought it as interest rates are now low compared to when I bought it and placed the proceeds into UBA with a view of getting just very slightly more income. Bought the UBA at N7.50 but can see it closed this week at N7.40 even though online demands daily far outstrip supply. Seems a lot of people want it but at lower prices. But few are selling. Perhaps only desperate sales brought the price down. And not that it really wants to breakdown. grin

I would choose FCMB over UBA for a few reasons.

1. FCMB distributed 20% out of its earnings to shareholders (2022) for about 6.6% yield, while UBA distributed a whole 70% for 13.3% yield.

2. Since March, 2020 (pandemic) FCMB has grown by 100% (doubled) while UBA has done 50%

3. The OBV, on-balance volume indicator shows that UBA has had sell-offs here and there, even recently. FCMB shows slow but steady accumulation.

4. For year 2022, UBA is up 5.59%, dividend and price appreciation inclusive. FCMB is up 13.33%.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2022
ositadima1:

1. FCMB distributed 20% out of its earnings to shareholders (2022) for about 6.6% yield, while UBA distributed a whole 70% for 13.3% yield.

2. Since March, 2020 (pandemic) FCMB has grown by 100% (doubled) while UBA has done 50%

3. The OBV, on-balance volume indicator shows that UBA has had sell-offs here and there, even recently. FCMB shows slow but steady accumulation.

4. For year 2022, UBA is up 5.59%, dividend and price appreciation inclusive. FCMB is up 13.33%.

1. Based on last year dividends FCMB distributed about 20% of earnings while UBA did 33% resulting in FCMB dividend yield of about 6.6 and 13.3 % respectively. Thus for dividend returns UBA is better.
2. EPS for FCMB and UBA has been up and down over the last 5 to 10 years but both are trending up, with UBA appearing more robust in trend. Perhaps because it's tier 1 bank while FCMB is a smaller bank.
3. Cannot comment much on this right away.
4. The relative more appreciation of FCMB you noted is not under-pinned by something enduring that i see. Hence will very likely not continue. Rather it makes UBA more attractive for entry right away.

My major consideration is current dividend yield. Based on current prices of UBA at about N7.50 and FCMB of N3.00 expected dividend yield are 13.3% and 6.7% respectively. That difference in dividend yield is Huge. Also I estimate UBA and FCMB earnings per share yield based on these same prices at the end of the year will be 42.6% and 34.9% respectively if earnings of N3.2 and N1.05 are delivered just like the last audited results. Hence UBA will give back more money immediate in dividends while growing ones underlying investments at a faster rate.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2022
yok:
LET US HAVE A PEEP INTO THE JUNE 2022 EARNINGS PROSPECT!!!
Playing the market without guidance can be a dangerous game The current inflationary pressure is likely to impacted our expected earnings for the Nigerian equities. A good example was when I saw the current packaging for semolina from FLOUR MILLS, I saw that the paparazzi of the polythene packaging materials we are used to has been removed, therefore when our forecast for the June 2022 result 8s indication a falk in the region of 40% compared with the 2021 result, I was not surprised (let us see if the company will beat this forecast!).

To get our full earnings forecast, subscribe to our daily stock picks/tips for a promotional price of NGN3k per Month instead of the regular price of NGN6K per month. For details send "STOCK PICKS" to Whats�App @ +2348023054935
The 40% drop prophesy on our dear flourmills, is it on pat ,revenue or EPs,be specific so we know where you stand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
BabsO2:

1. Based on last year dividends FCMB distributed about 20% of earnings while UBA did 33% resulting in FCMB dividend yield of about 6.6 and 13.3 % respectively. Thus for dividend returns UBA is better.
2. EPS for FCMB and UBA has been up and down over the last 5 to 10 years but both are trending up, with UBA appearing more robust in trend. Perhaps because it's tier 1 bank while FCMB is a smaller bank.
3. Cannot comment much on this right away.
4. The relative more appreciation of FCMB you noted is not under-pinned by something enduring that i see. Hence will very likely not continue. Rather it makes UBA more attractive for entry right away.

My major consideration is current dividend yield. Based on current prices of UBA at about N7.50 and FCMB of N3.00 expected dividend yield are 13.3% and 6.7% respectively. That difference in dividend yield is Huge. Also I estimate UBA and FCMB earnings per share yield based on these same prices at the end of the year will be 42.6% and 34.9% respectively if earnings of N3.2 and N1.05 are delivered just like the last audited results. Hence UBA will give back more money immediate in dividends while growing ones underlying investments at a faster rate.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2022
BabsO2:

Hold on tight to your UBA... be overprotective of it, and in time, you'd be glad you did!

If your the kind that pay much attention to the daily price gyration of stocks, be happy to buy more should price drop further down. (Current technicals show a slim Prob of occurrence though)
But if your a mid to long term investor, then just have peace and sleep very well. wink cheesy

Unless there's a major turn of event (negative) UBA @ that your entry peg of N7.50 is a GREAT permutation!

It is well.

"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet down inside, are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."

~Sinclair

"One of the cardinal qualities of reaping reward from the market is in the ability to know HOW to drive THROUGH the fears of other investors and WHEN to drive AWAY from their excitement.
...it sums up what should be the psychology of a wining investor !!"

~Sinclair

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:36am On Jul 17, 2022
ositadima1:

You see the problem with that No 1 reason is that; it is like saying you'd prefer a company that gives you less after earning more (FCMB), than a company that gives you more after earning less. (UBA)

With reference to dividend YIELD (CGY in view), there are better ways to compare coys within the same sector.
A P2P comparison should always be a function of invested capital + equity pricing combined and not either line in isolation.

1st off, you are likely to get an approx 2.67% yield in the next 30-60 days investing in UBA (plausible 20k div in view) but zero yield investing in FCMB.
Now that makes the former better than the latter in the short/near term even without due consideration to fundamental value preposition.

Again as you rightly admitted, one is likely to make 6.7% more (difference in possible annual yield) investing in the "U" name ahead of the "F" assuming they decide to stake an equal amount of fund in UBA @ N7.5 and FCMB @ N3.

Of course, in both scenario, we are assuming that the other part of CGY (cap appreciation) is constant.

Your No 2 and 4 line is the more reason you should seek to align with a coy like UBA @ CMP ahead of FCMB.
As long as a coys fundamentals is healthy, VALUE is often better derived from a depressed equity position than otherwise.

With No 3, yes the chart of FCMB shows an accumulation, but that of UBA shows something even better (momentum ind in view) if one can do their homework well.

Bottomline: Both coys are good but there's a greater probability that an investor seeking higher yield will be better off aligning with UBA than FCMB at this time.
A portfolio % weighting of 70/30 with the former ahead of the latter should do just fine!

In the past, I've always said that I prefer ACCESS ahead of UBA. I still do. ...even in the near term.
But no doubt, UBA is better than FCMB.

If I were to rate banking names on a scale of value accretive stance AT PRESENT, it would be;
GTB>> ZENITH>> ACCESS>> UBA>> FIDELITY>> STANBIC>> FCMB>> FBNH>> WEMA>> STERLING>> JAIZ from LtR in descending order.
Note the phrase "at present"... so things could change in future.

Selah.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2022
For those who might be concerned about UNILEVER' Q2, 2022 financial print (including those who sent me mails on it), i'll advise you go a step further to look beyond the SPL/OCI and dig in on the groups SCF and BS. (read through the NTS too)

Not a fantastic report. Slightly missed expected forecast (11.85% deviation) but GROWTH TRAJACTORY is still very much on a HEALTHY PATH.

A cursory dig shows that a combination of higher tax rate and finance cost brought about the squeeze in NPM despite higher OIM. Both lines though, were expected given the changes in cost line pattern (post low base effect) from Q1, 2021.
Notwithstanding, H1, 2022 benchmarked against previous yr guide "rakes off" any concern and ensures you remain better off as a shareholder btw then and now.

KEY LINE: Management still need to be a bit more efficient... but so far, they have done really well! wink cheesy

The company has a lot of cash to play with (despite higher capex and depreciation) ...and based on that (cash position) alone the coys equity price should easily print a 57.4% premium to CMP. (NC/S, JPMG in view)
However, a proper blend of valuation model pegs the coys FVE slightly higher @ N30.71 (previous: N29.15) based on the latest report.

Coy remains a BUY!
Rating; Overweight/Outperform.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:53am On Jul 17, 2022
onegentleguy:

A pivotal line of disclosure...

Over 2 yrs ago (btw Q2-Q3, 2019), We highlighted the worries in the company UNILEVER Nig Plc.
Before that time, I gave an underperform/sell rating given the coys near N30 market price.

Fast forward to Q1, 2020 and things only worsened for the company with inherent risk consistently taken a bite from what should've been due to an investor.
See 2 amongst the last post I put out back then. (Note the lines therein)

Within that period, risk was clearly ahead of the combination of REWARD and price with the continually pressured MoS resulting in the jettisoning of the stock by value investors. ...and unsurprisingly, the coys equity peg underperforming both it's sector and NGX index in the last 2 yrs.

What has changed?

Many of the major risk drivers highlighted then have been dwarfed by the company's present stance. (diminishing effect in view) ...with improvement recorded accross several key revenue and earnings line (at least by a 72% margin as certain triggers from core top-down and bottom-up positive line combines to good effect)

The present UNILEVER...

• Accelerating RM and OIM amidst drive to recover initially lost mkt share.
This is already working for the company!

• Healthier working capital stand on the back of higher ITP (ref: >> ∆ inventory turnover) and better performing receivables.
There's been a 64.9% YoY jump in consumer spend... with Nigerians parting with over N108 Trillion in 2021 alone despite inflationary pressure.
In retrospect, "tough times can't really be that tough" as passthrough impact from cost reflective challenges is minimized by higher comparative prices amidst increased consumer appetite.
A coy like UNILEVER now appears well placed to wither the storm given her broadly inelastic product mix.
Again, the decision of the Nig gov't to reopen the border should by implication, also greatly improve this line.

• Expanded reach in distributorship chain amidst in-company restructuring.
Expect lower CBR (ref: CRP) and higher CCC to JPBM in 2022.

• Back to back improvement (QoQ in view) in AsQ, ROCE, EM, AER, CGPR and AsY following deficits/squeeze in the previous 5 quarters.

• Improved value accretive stand at present compared to most sector peers in view of the current low base effect. (ref: NCPS, EV/EBITDA, JPBM)
...I also highlighted this same line while comparing WAPCO @ N9 and later, INTEBREW @ <N5 to their respective sector peers. (P2P weighting in view)

I see a similar pattern to fellow P2P coy, PZ.
Recall that we also gave a sell/underperform recommendation on PZ @ over N15 sometime in 2019... forecasting that price could drop to N4+.
Well, it did... and we later issued an outperform/buy signal @ that N4+.
PZ is currently trading @ N13+ and could rise even further.

UNILEVER can well follow the same path. ...the probability that its price can rise from current level is now closer to 1 than zero. (aside it's FA, certain KEY technical indicators are beginning to gather momentum)

With UNILEVER, potential REWARD has accelerated by an approx 2.7x multiple ahead of surrounding volatility/risk in view of it's CMP.

Using an appropriate blend of valuation model that assumes a minot growth margin of 0.15x TTM (5% QoQ to YE, 2022) but also benchmarked to risk-discounted levels of 500bps above current surrounding peg, UNILEVER' FVE computes to N29.15
This, by the way, implies a very conservative approach. ...that FVE can expand by well over 46% if a similar growth margin from Q1 is reproduced in Q2, 2022.

Rating now upgraded to; Overweight/Outperform

IT'S TIME TO INVEST IN UNILEVER!
BUY... ACCUMULATE... HOLD!

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

Remember the post above?
Everything therein is still very much intact! (risk-reward trajactory in view)
Except that this time, the coys FVE has now been reviewed slightly upwards to N30.71 (previous N29.15)

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2022
I just replied to all mail and messages, so those involved might wish to check in on them.
My sincere apologies for the long absence. ...was due to circumstances beyond my control.

This is wishing you all a very happy weekend!
It's always a great privilege to be alive, well and hearty! ...More than everything else, remember to always thank God for that!
May your days continue to bask in Devine grace and favour and may this week and the remainder of the year bring us plenty of good tidings!

Regards

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Neverlosemoney: 8:34am On Jul 17, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Fed strengthens the dollar hoping that they get cheaper goods from producers and hoping that this attracts funds into the US, but the[b] reverse could happen where instead an outflow of funds from the West and you get no goods at all from China (due to their frequent lockdowns). That way all the money printed will remain with the West with no one wanting it.[/b]

Yes! The bolded is US biggest problem. Being the biggest consumption country as landed them in this nightmare. China won’t give them goods, Russia won’t give them either, Ukraine as a more pressing problem than to worry about foods. This is really bad for the west. Now, the money they printed as nowhere to go...too much money, no goods to buy.

The west are going to be seeing a massive increase in everything, the rising prices have not even started yet. Few years from now the state of the dollar would be very shocking to the global economy, every currency in the world is going to be hit; Including the renminbi, yen, euro whatever currency out there. The only thing people will have faith in and would be running to will be Gold, silver, precious metals majorly commodities. Gold will top out of this the most. Then, people will start to realize all the gold in the world are owned by Russia and China, the Chinese are the biggest producer of gold in the world. In business, he who as the Gold makes the rules.

The west are the smartest and conniving people in the world, you just cannot bet against them, in one way or another they just seems to always turn it around. We are in an interesting time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
onegentleguy:

You see the problem with that No 1 reason is that; it is like saying you'd prefer a company that gives you less after earning more (FCMB), than a company that gives you more after earning less. (UBA)

With reference to dividend YIELD (CGY in view), there are better ways to compare coys within the same sector.
A P2P comparison should always be a function of invested capital + equity pricing combined and not either line in isolation.

1st off, you are likely to get an approx 2.67% yield in the next 30-60 days investing in UBA (plausible 20k div in view) but zero yield investing in FCMB.
Now that makes the former better than the latter in the short/near term even without due consideration to fundamental value preposition.

Again as you rightly admitted, one is likely to make 6.7% more (difference in possible annual yield) investing in the "U" name ahead of the "F" assuming they decide to stake an equal amount of fund in UBA @ N7.5 and FCMB @ N3.

Of course, in both scenario, we are assuming that the other part of CGY (cap appreciation) is constant.

Your No 2 and 4 line is the more reason you should seek to align with a coy like UBA @ CMP ahead of FCMB.
As long as a coys fundamentals is healthy, VALUE is often better derived from a depressed equity position than otherwise.

With No 3, yes the chart of FCMB shows an accumulation, but that of UBA shows something even better (momentum ind in view) if one can do their homework well.

Bottomline: Both coys are good but there's a greater probability that an investor seeking higher yield will be better off aligning with UBA than FCMB at this time.
A portfolio % weighting of 70/30 with the former ahead of the latter should do just fine!

In the past, I've always said that I prefer ACCESS ahead of UBA. I still do. ...even in the near term.
But no doubt, UBA is better than FCMB.

If I were to rate banking names on a scale of value accretive stance AT PRESENT, it would be;
GTB>> ZENITH>> ACCESS>> UBA>> FIDELITY>> STANBIC>> FCMB>> FBNH>> WEMA>> STERLING>> JAIZ
from LtR in descending order.
Note the phrase "at present"... so things could change in future.

Selah.

Nice ranking from you. I can feel it. grin

I computed the following specific rankings

Ranking based on current closing price for last week using dividend yields assuming they all return the same last year dividend.
1. GTB = 14.3% (Closing price 20.95 Dividend 3.00)
2. ZENITH = 14.0% (Closing price 22.20 Dividend 3.10)
3. UBA = 13.5% (Closing price 7.40 Dividend 1.00)
4. FIDELITY = 11.0% (Closing price 3.19 Dividend 0.35)
5. ACCESS = 10.9% (Closing price 9.20 Dividend 1.00)
6. STANBIC = 9.6% (Closing price 31.55 Dividend 3.00)
7. FCMB = 6.7% (Closing price 3.00 Dividend 0.20)
8. FBNH = 3.2% (Closing price 10.90 Dividend 0.35) I think first bank has a little issue with capital adequacy ratio as bank customer deposits have been growing faster than book value per share. Thus FBNH will need to continue paying low dividends or issue that special tier 1 capital bond like Access to manage this issue if it wants to pay more dividends without eroding CAR.

Ranking based on current closing price for last week using an estimated earnings yield This estimated earnings yield is simple average of PAT/Share and Comprehensive Earnings/Share shareholders are entitled to. Mid year results will give a glimpse of how far off this estimate is.
1. UBA = 43.3% (Estimated EPS of N 3.20)
2. FIDELITY = 38.5% (Estimated EPS of N 1.23)
3. ACCESS = 36.3% (Estimated EPS of N 3.34)
4. ZENITH = 35.9% (Estimated EPS of N 7.97)
5. FBNH = 35.7% (Estimated EPS of N 3.89)
6. FCMB = 34.9% (Estimated EPS of N 1.05)
7. GTB = 26.5% (Estimated EPS of N 5.56)
8. STANBIC = 13.3% (Estimated EPS of N 4.20)
GTB had a heavy hit in interest income stream from "Investment securities FVOCI" since about 2021 Q1, which still persists in pulling down its PAT even in 2022Q1. FBNH, ZENITH, FCMB & STANBIC have this similar pull back. But but had other upswings in other incomes to cover its impact. But UBA, ACCESS, ETI and WEMA didn't get a hit in this income stream. (I hope they are not just lying ). This same issue (or similar) also erodes the comprehensive income of most banks. Only ACCESS and ZENITH escaped getting a lower comprehensive income last year.

Please do you know what is this Investment securities FVOCI that eroded last year non interest income of these banks noted above.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Investment securities FVOCI that eroded, could be related to the ban of banks from OMO Bills by cbn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
jideflash:
Investment securities FVOCI that eroded, could be related to the ban of banks from OMO Bills by cbn.

Thanks. Also other financial assets FVOCI This eroded GTCO's comprehensive income last year. Looks like UBA was more explicit in calling it investment debt securities (FVOCI) fair value loss. These must be debt securities in other currencies that have even lost value relative to the Naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mr Yinka Adetuberu (Investment banking/ Equity analyst, Norrenberger) is our guest on the podcast this week. We talk through his transformation from a Physicist into a Finance Professional and the highs & the lows.

We review H1 2022, preview H2 2022/ 2023. He also discussed how to analyse/ research companies and characteristics of a good company.

Thanks for listening.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/67--From-Physicist-to-Finance-Professional-A-chat-with-Mr-Yinka-Adetuberu-e1la056

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Saybal(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
They sent message to their customers in respect to that yesterday. It has all been transferred to GT Fund Manager. See attached How do i make withdrawal or top up my account i have not received any message From the Gt fund manager

(1) (2) (3) ... (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ukay2, lasisi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.