Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874787 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) (6745) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
The line-up with regards to upside potential, I am about 65% sure grin :

1. Fidelity
2. FBNH
3. ZENITHBANK
4. FCMB
5. GTCO
6. UBA

After arranging the stocks using the 4 reasons in the previous post it surprisingly matched their PE ratios - Fidelity with d least and UBA the largest!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
BabsO2:

Please do you know what is this Investment securities FVOCI that eroded last year non interest income of these banks noted above.

You are asking a core accounting/ financial reporting question...

Difficult to explain here (I'm still learning it myself) but I suggest you Google and read about IFRS 9.it has all the answers you seek...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
DrAwo:

You are asking a core accounting/ financial reporting question...

Difficult to explain here (I'm still learning it myself) but I suggest you Google and read about IFRS 9.it has all the answers you seek...

It's the CBN OMO participation stoppage. CBN wants to wean the banks deep in that lazy source of interest income off it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
BabsO2:

Please do you know what is this Investment securities FVOCI that eroded last year non interest income of these banks noted above.

ositadima1:

I think those lines are OCI, Other Comprehensive Income. Probably a negative change of the fair value of d debt instruments they invested in. As long as they are holding, no problem.

Below is a description of OCI:

"Other comprehensive income is those revenues, expenses, gains, and losses under both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards that are excluded from net income on the income statement. This means that they are instead listed after net income on the income statement.

Revenues, expenses, gains and losses appear in other comprehensive income when they have not yet been realized. Something has been realized when the underlying transaction has been completed, such as when an investment is sold. Thus, if your company has invested in bonds, and the value of those bonds changes, you recognize the difference as a gain or loss in other comprehensive income. Once you sell the bonds, you have then realized the gain or loss associated with the bonds, and can then shift the gain or loss out of other comprehensive income and into a line item higher in the income statement, so that it is a part of net income"

Copied from a random Google search...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2022
What a result of UCAP, very lovely.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36369_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2022
if i am to invest one million which stocks will you suggest i buy
ositadima1:
The line-up with regards to upside potential, I am about 65% sure grin :

1. Fidelity
2. FBNH
3. ZENITHBANK
4. FCMB
5. GTCO
6. UBA

After arranging the stocks using the 4 reasons in the previous post it surprisingly matched their PE ratios - Fidelity with d least and UBA the largest!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2022
dharpzee:
What a result of UCAP, very lovely.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36369_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf
The moment you get a consistent insider buying notifications of a coy, it's a clear give away to align with such a coy. Kudos to those who bought UCAP below N1 and still holding on tight to it! cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Abeg since Axamansard did their AGM on 14th July 2022 has anyone received dividend?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
sterlingD:
Abeg since Axamansard did their AGM on 14th July 2022 has anyone received dividend?
Yes, received mine. Sameday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Seplat movin up to above N1400..
Kilode ..
Had to pick both Airtel and Seplat
on the LSE....
I no understand both of them on NSE again..
Na prayer point self make dem do
small pull back ...
make I load....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ucap is bae!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Coolcash1:
Ucap is bae!

If you know, you know. With a 24 months waiting period, United Capital is a N25 to N30 stock

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 5:28am On Jul 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

If you know, you know. With a 24 months waiting period, United Capital is a N25 to N30 stock
Please what platform do you think is best for saving money possibly monthly to fund children higher education in future. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2022
UCAP & UNILEVER Q2 2022 at a glance (from MCSL).....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:21am On Jul 19, 2022
ositadima1:
I would choose FCMB over UBA for a few reasons.
UBA can't be compared to FCMB in this instance.....
Those highlighted reasons were not all inclusive......
UBA appears to be the best in banking this season........in my layman's understanding. tongue

GTCO: Once the dumper is done (and is appearing so), the rise will likely be faster........started on a slow and steady move already.......all things being equal.

Even at N21.35 yesterday's closing price, GT's Dividend yield is still 14.32%
Followed by Zenith N22 @13.96%
Followed by UBA N7.45 @13.51%
Followed by MANSARD N2 @12.69%
Followed by UCAP N12.85 @11.86%
..........to mention the first 5 as at yesterday's share price.

**NB. Could see that Oga OGG also made some analysis on your comparisons. E be like say I dey on track too. Lol. **

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

Please what platform do you think is best for saving money possibly monthly to fund children higher education in future. Thanks

Open an education endowment fund with any of fund managers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2022
yMcy56:

UBA can't be compared to FCMB in this instance.....
Those highlighted reasons were not all inclusive......
UBA appears to be the best in this season........in my layman's understanding. tongue

GTCO: Once the dumper is done (and is appearing so), the rise will likely be faster........started on a slow and steady move already.......all things being equal.

Even at N21.35 yesterday's closing price, GT's Dividend yield is still 14.32%
Followed by Zenith N22 @13.96%
Followed by UBA N7.45 @13.51%
Followed by MANSARD N2 @12.69%
Followed by UCAP N12.85 @11.86%
..........to mention the first 5 as at yesterday's share price.

**NB. Could see that Oga OGG also made some analysis on your comparisons. E be like say I dey on track too. Lol. **

Since 2020 till now, FCMB stocks has outperformed UBA, why is that? Almost 3 good years, is this period not long enough for investors to see value and act accordingly or is there an underlying problem that you are not seeing? Or, even still, has the problem(assuming UBA had one) now been resolved?

Regarding the Oga u quoted, nobody knows it all. I also predicted that FCMB will move up (it is here on this thread) when it was around 1.5 back in 2020 and it came to pass. When I started dabbling with charts, probably a lucky break.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2022
ositadima1:
Since 2020 till now, FCMB stocks has outperformed UBA, why is that? Almost 3 good years, is this period not long enough for investors to see value and act accordingly or is there an underlying problem that you are not seeing? Or, even still, has the problem(assuming UBA had one) now been resolved?

Regarding the Oga u quoted, nobody knows it all. I also predicted that FCMB will move up (it is here on this thread) when it was around 1.5 back in 2020 and it came to pass. When I started dabbling with charts, probably a lucky break.
Outperform UBA in terms of what and what?
Capital appreciation? Financials?

Anyway, me I be newbie and amateur, so asking all these questions may just be that you're addressing those concerns to the wrong person. grin

One thing I know is that Mr. Market do happens to all stocks. Sometimes we wonder why some situations are like that. Even the UBA wasn't supposed to be battered like it is currently but it is what it is.

My response to you has to do with which of the two will give more value around these season, and I see UBA delivering more value to shareholders at currentprice, even if interim of 0.17k is paid. tongue

Could remember very well your prediction on FCMB that time, it even outperformed your predictions. You don forget say na me and you dey talk am that time? tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2022
MTNN
Lots of "gbelo gbebo" for the past few days......
Transactions above normal dailies......
Is this as a result of coming interim dividend or there are some news coming up from that quarter?

Guess this is two of the reasons......
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36382_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC%20CREDIT_RATINGS_REVIEW_%20.pdf
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36381_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC%20MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATI.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2022
Yes, received the next day
sterlingD:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
yMcy56:

Outperform UBA in terms of what and what?
Capital appreciation? Financials?

I clearly mentioned stock price or did I not? While one is up 49% the other is 102%, why?

yMcy56:

One thing I know is that Mr. Market do happens to all stocks. Sometimes we wonder why some situations are like that. Even the UBA wasn't supposed to be battered like it is currently but it is what it is.

So, it was battered for no reason? grin

Someone famous once said that in the long term d stock market is similar to a voting machine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
ositadima1:

I clearly mentioned stock price or did I not? While one is up 49% the other is 102%, why?

So, it was battered for no reason? grin

Someone famous once said that in the long term d stock market is similar to a voting machine.

I think you are more of a TA person.
It could get complicated sometimes when looking at a stock from TA and FA angles at the same time..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Open an education endowment fund with any of fund managers
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
ositadima1:

Outperformed in terms of what? Is market share, earning growth, profit margin, profitability, dividend growth, return on invested capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fairview1: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Outperformed in terms of what? Is market share, earning growth, profit margin, profitability, dividend growth, return on invested capital.

This exactly is the same question I wanted to ask.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
This Multiverse is a big disappointment!!!
How can their MM just watch the share price falling uncontrollably without at least keeping it at N2? undecided

By the time I got the info about the already done reconstruction by them, it was on suspension already. They only came to formalize it.

Well, one can never win all in this market. Maybe the best bet is to offload the car.cass or be watching out for bottoming of all these.
Cc: Ojeysmsm

In another news, a single Cross deal of 65M units of UBA was done in today's trading by one heavyweight..........UBA getting lots of attention from institutional as well as retail investors these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by siofra(f): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Is an investment promising 20% interest rate per year suspicious?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 5:07am On Jul 20, 2022
siofra:
It's oversuspicious!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:47am On Jul 20, 2022
PETERiCHY:
A repeat of 2007/2008 vawulence is gradually playing out meanwhile some of us are patiently waiting for March 2023 before entering the field of play.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

The Central Bank of Nigeria, on Tuesday, raised the interest rate to 14 per cent.

The new interest rate comes barely two months after the apex bank raised the interest rate to 13 per cent.

This was disclosed by the governor of the apex bank, Godwin Emefiele, after the committee’s meeting at the CBN headquarters in Abuja.

The governor of the apex bank said the hike in interest rate would help tame rising inflation.

https://punchng.com/cbn-raises-interest-rate-to-14/

These are some of the reasons couple with the upcoming PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION that will make NSE to RESET.

DON'T be left with the CAN.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:49am On Jul 20, 2022
siofra:

It is not suspicious, but it is not guaranteed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It is not suspicious, but it is not guaranteed

Since PROMISE is synonymous to GUARANTEE. Then it implies that any investment promising a 20% interest per annum is suspicious. In fact, one should not even bother to look at the fine print. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) (6745) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: beejay1(m), handsomebolanle, ekkywolex(m), megawealth01, sirrotex, Mpeace(m), Choiceguy, aburojoe, IamR and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.