Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10948413 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lostinHeaven: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Duduspace vs Waan tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 2:35am On Jan 08, 2023
I need a list of banks on the NGX?
Where can I find it if anyone can help me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:41am On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:
I need a list of banks on the NGX?
Where can I find it if anyone can help me?

https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/indices/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:25am On Jan 08, 2023
essentialone:

https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/indices/
==Banks listed on NGX==
Firstbank
UBA
GTCO
ACCESSCORP
ZENITHBANK
ETI
FIDELITYBK
STERLNBANK
UBN
UNITYBNK
JAIZBANK
WEMABANK
FCMB
STANBIC
======
inform me if i missed any bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:28am On Jan 08, 2023
I know this thread is for NGX.
But I have a question.
What the range of minimum money needed to acquire 51% of a small mature profitable Nigeria company preferrable in financial services?

There are just no small cap companies on NGX.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:07am On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:

==Banks listed on NGX==
Firstbank
UBA
GTCO
ACCESSCORP
ZENITHBANK
ETI
FIDELITYBK
STERLNBANK
UBN
UNITYBNK
JAIZBANK
WEMABANK
FCMB
STANBIC
======
inform me if i missed any bank.

You missed No Bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:04am On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:
But I have a question.
What the range of minimum money needed to acquire 51% of a small mature profitable Nigeria company preferrable in financial services?

Person wey wan acquire can also start up

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Person wey wan acquire can also start up
I no dey start up any business for this Nigeria again, abeg Nigeria is a jungle to start up any business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:
But I have a question.

If anyone can help me, I will appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thanks. Would look into that.
LondonCool:

Bloomberg. Proshare Nigeria has some tools but you need to subscribe to them first
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:

Don't go there. I once had 3.5% of a company listed here. I had to sell and at that point, it could be illiquid trying to sell down. Buying up can drive up the price especially if you are aiming at 51%. Ordinary 3.5% drove up the price. And mind you, they are seeing what you are doing grin grin The main holders are wondering why you are stacking up?

A simple calculation is to look at the market capitalization of the concerned stock on any day and then multiply it by 0.51. That gives you the rough price of what you will pay for the stock assuming if you buy at that average price (price on that day you did your calculation)

In my opinion, just buy your stock, make your money and just lie low.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:

I don't know why you'd want to do this, but an option is to find a majority owner and negotiate off-market.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

Don't go there. I once had 3.5% of a company listed here. I had to sell and at that point, it could be illiquid trying to sell down. Buying up can drive up the price especially if you are aiming at 51%. Ordinary 3.5% drove up the price. And mind you, they are seeing what you are doing grin grin The main holders are wondering why you are stacking up?

A simple calculation is to look at the market capitalization of the concerned stock on any day and then multiply it by 0.51. That gives you the rough price of what you will pay for the stock assuming if you buy at that average price (price on that day you did your calculation)

In my opinion, just buy your stock, make your money and just lie low.
Okay I will do this.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
Olaide1295:

I don't know why you'd want to do this, but an option is to find a majority owner and negotiate off-market.
I've contacted an investment bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:

I've contacted an investment bank.

Don't forget your attorney. Create an SPV for this. I don't know about doing 51% in your first PE purchase, although I understand your reason for that.

cc emmanuelewumi

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ginalex:
I'm your fan here abeg. Don't leave us/get discouraged from what you do here. I kuku always look forward to your takes and it has paid me more than once smiley

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wapgod:

Okay I will do this.
Many thanks.

In addition to what people said here, you should also consider the quantity of share available for trading by the general public cos some stocks are held by insiders who are not allowed to sell, or large long-term investors. So, even if you had infinite capital you may not be able to buy up to 51% of some company.

Reminds me of the man that resently bought FBNH shares, despite becoming the largest shareholder he only had 4 to 5%. In the process, the FBNH share almost doubled if i am correct.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Indian Stock market indexes (BSE Sensex 30 and Nifty 50) are bracing for a severe crash based on the chart I am looking at (monthly TF) . This January 2023 could be the last rise before a 62% crash in the price. It seems to be like a flash crash o. Americans will laugh at them for supporting Russia and buying their oil grin grin

It will be bad.

Jakarta Stock Index JKSE looks like Indian index as well but less severe. However, it can still flash to the bottom in a frenzied selloff in this Q1 2023.

UK stock market index (FTSE100) is also bracing for a sharp decline if it makes a good push to above all time high > 7,903 in this Q1 2023.

What events will trigger the selloff in these countries? I don't know.

Will it lead to contagion and a broader selloff around the world? I don't know.

Just have a strategy that works in an up and a down market.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Another I just saw is the South Africa Top 40 Index. Same as the Indian Chart on the monthly. grin grin grin

This index needs to crash 62% as well to become stable for repurchase.

This could push USD-Rand forex rates to historical high of 24 or more.

Hmmm.. This will collapse lots of basic things in South Africa o and societal disturbances could result due to elevated prices, severe wealth destruction and severe capital flight.

Abeg make dem carry their capital come NGX o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
@Oracle: are you sure those indexes are not preparing for a breakout

Remember the BRICS countries are cooking something
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
RabbiDoracle:
Another I just saw is the South Africa Top 40 Index. Same as the Indian Chart on the monthly. grin grin grin

This index needs to crash 62% as well to become stable for repurchase.

This could push USD-Rand forex rates to historical high of 24 or more.

Hmmm.. This will collapse lots of basic things in South Africa o and societal disturbances could result due to elevated prices, severe wealth destruction and severe capital flight.

Abeg make dem carry their capital come NGX o.
Please, What of NGX?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
@Oracle: are you sure those indexes are not preparing for a breakout

Remember the BRICS countries are cooking something

In my opinion, this doesn't look like a breakout. This one looks like a demolition coming to those countries' indexes.

We will see at the end of Q1 2023 if it goes up or down. And such chart structures (all of the 4 mentioned are same on the monthly TF) usually fall viciously, aggressively and unrelentingly painful. In such situations, investors trapped there can't exit. They will just sit like a lame duck.

If you look well at other country indexes like France, Israel, Netherlands and Stockholm, they are forming similar structure like the Indian index.

Only God knows what will come to them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
sky2891:

Please, What of NGX?

NGX isn't showing such structure like the Indian index. However if there is a global event that can cause those big players to slide, then it can create contagion (cascading selloff) which affects smaller player but to a lesser degree compared to countries where the event originated from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
If the company of interest is unquoted, you could look up the SEC required minimum capital base for each financial services subsector as guide to the minimum value (which should actually be x2 or more).
Wapgod:
But I have a question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

NGX isn't showing such structure like the Indian index. However if there is a global event that can cause those big players to slide, then it can create contagion (cascading selloff) which affects smaller player but to a lesser degree compared to countries where the event originated from.

NGSEINDX is on the fifth Elliott wave. Hopefully, it would break the previous ATH @65k with election euphoria make we go chop nkwobi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

NGSEINDX is on the fifth Elliott wave. Hopefully, it would break the previous ATH @65k with election euphoria make we go chop nkwobi
Election Euphoria before the election?
Or Euphoria as regards election outcome?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
sky2891:

Election Euphoria before the election?
Or Euphoria as regards election outcome?

All join

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Financial Times have just written a post today about the Indian Central Bank Governor raising concerns about the South Asian debt distress - may be this is what you're seeing on the chart.
Although he doesn't see any issues with the Indian economy, he was concerned about their neighbours/trading partners - Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
(Modified)

RabbiDoracle:
Indian Stock market indexes (BSE Sensex 30 and Nifty 50) are bracing for a severe crash based on the chart I am looking at (monthly TF) . This January 2023 could be the last rise before a 62% crash in the price. It seems to be like a flash crash o. Americans will laugh at them for supporting Russia and buying their oil grin grin

It will be bad.

Jakarta Stock Index JKSE looks like Indian index as well but less severe. However, it can still flash to the bottom in a frenzied selloff in this Q1 2023.

UK stock market index (FTSE100) is also bracing for a sharp decline if it makes a good push to above all time high > 7,903 in this Q1 2023.

What events will trigger the selloff in these countries? I don't know.

Will it lead to contagion and a broader selloff around the world? I don't know.

Just have a strategy that works in an up and a down market.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
Were is everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aimaft, Agbalowomeri, shonyboi(m), MARKETJJC, leparj(m), drotba(m), janykute, Ades1, Zegra, Raider76, emmaodet and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.