Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10948245 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6862) (6863) (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:42am On Feb 07, 2023
In order to fast track your dividend income growth, one will need to reinvest the dividends for the first 10 years, have an elementary understanding of stock valuation and must continue to invest during the bear market.

As a matter of fact should pray for the bear market to occur and know how to hunt for sustainable juicy dividend yield with earning growth potential

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:03am On Feb 07, 2023
onegentleguy:
Breaking News; ARDOVA PLC plans to delist from NGX

[i]Ardova PLC (“Ardova” or the “Company”) has notified the Nigerian Exchange Limited (“NGX”) that Ignite Investments & Commodities

#coyslinkedtosirFO

I hope In the end, there will still be companies trading on the NSE with this rate of delisting as more companies keep leaving the market. Bad sign of how terrible the APC has destroyed the economy. I cum in peace.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:11am On Feb 07, 2023
currentprice:

NGSEIndex , NSE30, NSEBanking & co looking good on TA. expecting break-out anytime soon.
grin grin grin

I love contrarian play. Assuming short selling is allowed in NSE, I would be shorting those MF by now grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18am On Feb 07, 2023
Coolcash1:

I hope In the end, there will still be companies trading on the NSE with this rate of delisting as more companies keep leaving the market. Bad sign of how terrible the APC has destroyed the economy. I cum in peace.

Rogues and incompetent management will always have reasons or excuses to delist and shortchange shareholders.

I have no regrets selling Forte Oil, when Otedola sold his shares in the company

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 8:26am On Feb 07, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol.
I doubt if people do this here.
Telling you lkely entry seems easier than coming to tell you exit.......few does but many won't for reasons best known to them. It has even been discussed here before self.
*Be reading the signs on the wall, follow news and trend of events. Most importantly, have your own strategy in place.
My opinion......

My dear some of us have tasking day jobs. Very little time to follow news and trends. That's why I value the opinion of the Ogas and yours here very much

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 8:29am On Feb 07, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

We are cool. The series of events was very far to where I reside.

Praise God. I am sure you even predicted that one before it happened and stayed away.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2023
Heishere:

Praise God. I am sure you even predicted that one before it happened and stayed away.

Lol wahala be like..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:41am On Feb 07, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

You Better jump out immediately
Not going to happen. I will see the end even though my BE is #13.86
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2023
Heishere:

I hope it is just a joke here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I hope it is just a joke here.

It is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Lol wahala be like..

Just hailing my oga o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 10:17am On Feb 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I don't think so.The offer will not fly and will be reviewed up
Now on FULL OFFER! Wahala at the exit gate grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2023
Currentprice;
Goodmorning,
pls kindly explain better, what will be the target price of UBA.
Please' Please' Please'.
expaniate further.
currentprice:

NGSEIndex , NSE30, NSEBanking & co looking good on TA. expecting break-out anytime soon.

base on TA, uba is trying to do something... watch out shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:26am On Feb 07, 2023
seyisanya:
Now on FULL OFFER! Wahala at the exit gate grin
We wait and see what happens. The company is not a dead company. If I am not wrong the current owners bought at #65.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2023
eziokwunwoko:
Currentprice;
Goodmorning,
pls kindly explain better, what will be the target price of UBA.
Please' Please' Please'.
expaniate further.

Could be between N9.50 to N10.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2023
Heishere:

Haba, nah wah ooo! Ehen!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2023
essentialone:

Could be between N9.50 to N10.00
If UBa move, Access also move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
We wait and see what happens. The company is not a dead company. If I am not wrong the current owners bought at #65.

There is a difference between an astute business man, a front for politicians and a money miss road.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:01am On Feb 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

There is a difference between an astute business man, a front for politicians and a money miss road.

Don't expect more than N25 from the company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
You Better jump out immediately
Those jumping out of Ardova will be those who picked higher above 17 or those who picked @13 or below and is taking profit because they don't want to wait out the processes involved.

Anyone who picked @12/13/14 and is ready to wait it out will have nothing to fear here.

Meanwhile, some of those not yet in the bus and doesn't mind N1.28 Kobo extra gain are still picking @15.90/16.10.......we all have our individual preferences. smiley

@customstreet you were right about this delisting after all. smiley

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37614_ARDOVA_PLC%20ARDOVA_CAUTIONARY_ANNOUNCEMENT_CORPORATE_AC.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2023
Poaching tiger hidden dragon grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:11am On Feb 07, 2023
Oloro29:
Madam, thank you for all you do here. Pls is the MTO form for IEI out or is there any latest news regarding that. Thanks
MTO form is not yet out from my findings.....
Seems there's still delay from SEC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
The icing is that there is no further tax payable on dividend income, after the 10% WHT.

igboboy3:
Just read that FO earns nearly a billion naira in dividend from his FBNH shares. I wonder if there are ordinary Nigerians who live on dividend. I actively trade but now I'm seriously considering switching to accumulating for dividend
Btw, does anyone have comments on Moody's downgrade of some Nigerian banks due to govt debt exposure
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
onegentleguy:
There has been a reoccurance of mergers/aquisation or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.

Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, aquisation or takeover/buyout. ...with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
However, I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking(early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge its relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE(a key financial tool used to forecast if a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining as a going concern. ...which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces'(investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.

...and using the EPP(earnings persistence approach: a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out(should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger, aquisation or takeover/buy out.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation !!

My advise: Always do well to follow ur instinct.

Coolcash1:

A few yrs ago, I put up the above post on coys with a high probability of delisting (MTO, M&A in view) following some very extensive analysis.

...some of the names in the list have already come to pass.
I still think a few more will follow suite!

For some of the delisting, investors are probably better off! (Management inefficiency)... same can not be said for some others though. The reason might not be unconnected to the low investors apathy amidst a broadly laggard mkt in terms of cooperate governance.
The NGX hasn't really lived up to expectation in the course of time.

It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Don't expect more than N25 from the company
ok boss',that is actually what I am expecting and if they become generous they fit reach #30
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello future Billionaires, any insider news on the Universal insurance heavy trades last week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
@Rabbidoracle BoE and the Treasury are exploring the need for a 'digital £' as per this morning's newspaper reports.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
Welcome back!!! grin
dipoolowoo:
Analyst Advises Investors to Pay Attention to Tier-2 Banking Stocks
https://businesspost.ng/economy/analyst-advises-investors-to-pay-attention-to-tier-2-banking-stocks/

NGX Upgrades Price Stock Group of Eterna
https://businesspost.ng/economy/ngx-upgrades-price-stock-group-of-eterna/

Nigeria’s External Reserves Shed 0.14% to $37.020bn
https://businesspost.ng/economy/nigerias-external-reserves-shed-0-14-to-37-020bn/

Consumers Groan as Petrol Stations Reject Card Payments, Insist on Cash
https://businesspost.ng/economy/consumers-groan-as-petrol-stations-reject-card-payments-insist-on-cash/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
GTCO closed @25.25
ZENITH closed @25.......
Overtaking allowed.........Oga na master, no be by heavy weight alone. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
yMcy56:
GTCO closed @25.25
ZENITH closed @25.......
Overtaking allowed.........Oga na master, no be by heavy weight alone. lipsrsealed

GTCO DAT was at N17 begging for buyers.
Wish I bought more of it then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
leparj:

GTCO DAT was at N17 begging for buyers.
Wish I bought more of it then.

Wish wish wish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6862) (6863) (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Adinije(f), ogoo4real, dangle, ZikkyChops(m), BuchyD, robobo, Alaadin(m), Zegra, ekkywolex(m), BabsO2(m), IHelp and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.