Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949253 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) (6870) (6871) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Every technical indicator used in TA has a way it is calculated and plotted as would be explained in investopedia. So try and skip these parts and go to the application part where it is used on actual charts.

Then while studying these indicators, questions will be coming up in your mind like :

- at what price do I buy a stock?
- at what price do I sell a stock?

These indicators will give the author's explanation of when to enter and exit any stock.

When you have used several indicators to know these (different indicators will show you how to time to exits and entries), and the next question you should try researching is :

- how to determine when prices start to sell off after a prolonged bullish move
-how to determine when prices start to rise after a prolonged bearish move.

By the way these are called negative divergences (bearish divergence) and positive divergences (bullish divergences) respectively.

Once you researched these, and you have backtested your strategy of knowing entries and exits, then you can, with a high reasonable level of accuracy, make calls that a big fall is coming or a big rise is coming ( i.e what people call prediction here).

TA is time consuming. Since NSE has limited stocks, and studying TA and backtesting your strategy requires you to have huge list of stocks /indexes to study, on this note you could venture into foreign stocks/indexes (like I did) where there are huge numbers of equities for you to see the trend and their historical prices movements and you test out your strategy on these.

Let me warn, once you start, it is very additive because it will require you spending time, saving charts and studying nonstop because you are finally understanding how prices behave when short traders, investors, institutions, sentiment investors and gamblers meet in a market place.

Give it a try, it is worth it if you have the time.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Popsy did well for you, hope you will or have opened investment accounts for your children.

If well managed the fund would have grown by the time the children are through with NYSC
yes.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
You still bought today.i like this

Once you have the cash flow buy whatever quantity of investment your cash can buy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
The greatest lesson I learnt from this thread was the bear market is the best thing for a true investor. I use to see it before as something that should never happen.

You can only buy in a bear market if your stocks are paying dividends and you have other sources of income.

In a bear market, growth stocks that are paying little or no dividends are mostly dumped and lose more in terms of stock prices.

It takes a strong courage and conviction to buy more shares in a bear market

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ades1:

Yes boss! One time purchase that pays me dividends for the rest of my life and beyond.

This is the part that’s attractive to me.

And then pass down to the children and grandchildren.

That is the power of passive income

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kereokwu:
Sir, what if it never comes back at that price. I was tempted to sell Fidelity at N4 hoping it come back at less than N3, thank God I didn't.

Thanks to all resourceful information people drop here for FREE, God bless us all. I be novice for stock na the info here and there I dey follow and it has really paid off. Thanks a million folds grin

That is the big question, what if it doesn't come back to that price. Not possible to predict it consistently

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
In Burna Boy sweet voice:

"I be common person, but my happiness, oh, still be my own...

Everybody get role, no mean say your own role passin' my own..."
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iamrichiefola(m): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Good evening investors,

I'm thinking of investing in MTN Shares and possibly other promising shares.

I'm new to stocks and would appreciate suggestions on:

1. Reliable stock broker to register with.
2. Books that could help me learn about the market.
3. General advice to help me as I go along.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kereokwu:
Sir, what if it never comes back at that price. I was tempted to sell Fidelity at N4 hoping it come back at less than N3, thank God I didn't.

Thanks to all resourceful information people drop here for FREE, God bless us all. I be novice for stock na the info here and there I dey follow and it has really paid off. Thanks a million folds grin

Identify a strategy that works for you all I know is even if it doesn't come down to your entry price it will surely come down. Banking sector follow the same cycle over yrs. After dividends they all will come low but Fidelity may not come to your entry point but never say never anything can happen on NSE no be today!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
iamrichiefola:
Good evening investors,

I'm thinking of investing in MTN Shares and possibly other promising shares.

I'm new to stocks and would appreciate suggestions on:

1. Reliable stock broker to register with.
2. Books that could help me learn about the market.
3. General advice to help me as I go along.

Thanks

Investment one stockbrokers recommended

Get in touch for every other thing as per stocks.
We can go step by step together on how to navigate the market as an investor.

Use the number on my signature to get in touch.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:11am On Feb 09, 2023
aremso:

Identify a strategy that works for you all I know is even if it doesn't come down to your entry price it will surely come down. Banking sector follow the same cycle over yrs. After dividends they all will come low but Fidelity may not come to your entry point but never say never anything can happen on NSE no be today!

Aremso is back
Hope you brought good tidings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2023
emmasoft:

Investment one stockbrokers recommended

Get in touch for every other thing as per stocks.
We can go step by step together on how to navigate the market as an investor.

Use the number on my signature to get in touch.

Bro you are no longer with FSDH?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:53am On Feb 09, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Aremso is back
Hope you brought good tidings

grin grin grin just peeped oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BigBashiru: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2023
aremso:

I am almost coming to the conclusion that on the banking stocks, you cannot get dividend and capital appreciation at the same time IF you are a trader... Because the banking stocks tend to fall after dividends and takes months to come back to the original price.

I think the best way to play both dividend and capital appreciation is to buy the stock low and hold medium to long term - what do you think??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:51am On Feb 09, 2023
BigBashiru:

I am almost coming to the conclusion that on the banking stocks, you cannot get dividend and capital appreciation at the same time IF you are a trader... Because the banking stocks tend to fall after dividends and takes months to come back to the original price.

I think the best way to play both dividend and capital appreciation is to buy the stock low and hold medium to long term - what do you think??

Anyway, it depends on u as an individual. Just look at whatever works fine for u and stick to it, to me the best sector to grow your investments funds is banking sector so it depends on you. If i get zenith at 17 to 20 and i will get 2.80 net dividends and the stock get to 26 for me i will not wait for the dividends i will sell and go back to patience mode till it comes down again till i grow my investment funds to my targeted level before i finally settle for the dividends. Just check the price history of all of them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:00am On Feb 09, 2023
Dum20:

Bro you are no longer with FSDH?

Yes between August and December last year, I was there but the terms of bringing me on board didn't work out so I have to move on.

Currently, I do this:

I sell fixed income for SFS capital,
MMF for Stanbic and EDC, and
Stockbroking for Investment one.

Please note I'm not saying FSDH is a bad firm.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2023
Not a spectator. Currently have 8figures of units, gunning for 1% of the total equity, before the mopper cleared all the 20kobo.

For the Helicopter business. Hmmm. That one dey suffer big time and wont grow till the Naija FX crisis is sorted, not anytime soon. Plus they need a new big oil servicing contract to help deal with thier finance cost.

Although big revenue boost from their new subsidaries; aviation training, mro and boat making.

I will be glad to reload at 80kobo.

Mfunkynation:

I hope that you ain't a SPECTATOR in being UNIVERSAL LY INSURED!
But Uncle, what about the HELIKOFTA business... Any information?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:50am On Feb 09, 2023
BigBashiru:

This is how I cautiously speculate in banking stocks.

Once the dividend yield is half of the interest rate on margin loan or asset backed loan. I will buy and even leverage.

Got an asset backed loan from Meristem Finance at 22% to buy Zenith bank at N19 or a dividend yield after tax of 14.7%.

Since I made regular payments on a weekly or monthly basis depending on my cash flow and the interest was calculated on a reducing balance basis. The total interest paid on the loan was less than 10% because I liquidated my loan within 7 months

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
emmasoft:

Yes between August and December last year, I was there but the terms of bringing me on board didn't work out so I have to move on.

Currently, I do this:

I sell fixed income for SFS capital,
MMF for Stanbic and EDC, and
Stockbroking for Investment one.

Please note I'm not saying FSDH is a bad firm.

Thank you.

Are you a licensed sub-broker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
Has anyone used meristem trading platform successfully today? No stock info when I checked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
aremso:

Anyway, it depends on you as an individual. Just look at whatever works fine for u and stick to it, to me the best sector to grow your investments funds is banking sector so it depends on you. If i get zenith at 17 to 20 and i will get 2.80 net dividends and the stock get to 26 for me i will not wait for the dividends i will sell and go back to patience mode till it comes down again till i grow my investment funds to my targeted level before i finally settle for the dividends. Just check the price history of all of them.

I totally agree. I look for an entry close to the previous 52 week low and target a price = 10x probable dividend as long as the quarterly results show continued growth. Alternatively, just settle for dividends YOY again as long as the stock shows continued growth in their quarterly results. Any signs of weakness would of course call for a reassessment of one’s holding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
jideflash:
Not a spectator. Currently have 8figures of units, gunning for 1% of the total equity, before the mopper cleared all the 20kobo...

If I hear say money no dey Lagos...Lol. Well-done, sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
aj8:

I totally agree. I look for an entry close to the previous 52 week low and target a price = 10x probable dividend as long as the quarterly results show continued growth. Alternatively, just settle for dividends YOY again as long as the stock shows continued growth in their quarterly results. Any signs of weakness would of course call for a reassessment of one’s holding.

Doubt: Why use a 52-week period instead of 62 or 32 weeks? Besides assuming a cyclical pattern, what other reasons are there?

Experiment: I created a chart that plots the rolling 32, 52, and 62-week lows for GTCO, using a rolling chart (because the 52-week low would change depending on the selected day).

Conclusion: In a declining market, the number of lookback weeks does not make a significant difference.

After Thought: Using a weekly low as the basis for entry is dubious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
ositadima1:

Doubt: Why use a 52-week period instead of 62 or 32 weeks? Besides assuming a cyclical pattern, what other reasons are there?

Experiment: I created a chart that plots the rolling 32, 52, and 62-week lows for GTCO, using a rolling chart (because the 52-week low would change depending on the selected day).

Conclusion: In a declining market, the number of lookback weeks does not make a significant difference.

After Thought: Using a weekly low as the basis for entry is dubious.

So what do you use as the basis of your entry?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

In a declining market, a weekly low may be followed by an even lower low, making the 52-week low an unreliable approach. A better alternative would be to use support and resistance lines from technical analysis, although even this approach has its own limitations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by juniorrate: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
Gtco should continue the daily uptrend till #31 resistant to complete the bearish head & shoulder pattern before any serious pullback, there’s still chance for those jijo to enter and sell at N31 but from my TA, the best entry zone was #17 support which make the last monthly low

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by juniorrate: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
what’s really is the economy between Mpr at 17.5% and treasury bill per annum 2.25%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

PEAD, post-earnings announcement drift, is used by some investors here. It's when some stocks keep moving in the same direction as their initial reaction to earnings announcements (earnings exceed expectations, maybe), even after the announcement (or rumors) is over. To make a strategy based on PEAD, here's what I might do:

1. Find stocks that have shown PEAD in the past

2. Ensure that the PEAD is positive (not negative).

3. Enter, set stop-loss and take-profit targets.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 10, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

As regards naira - dollar events we see, and in my opinion, we are entering the phase of full digital naira (e-naira). In this phase, there could be too few notes available for circulation.

If there are less naira notes, those with dollar (hoarders, illicit businesses) would want to exchange their paper dollar with new naira notes and they will see that notes are no longer available. Naira notes will now be very scarce. So you either go to to the bank to open a naira account (if they don't have one) or you get stuck with the paper dollars. When hoarders (not genuine businesses holding forex in their books) are tired and need e-naira to use for day to day transactions, they will approach traditional BDCs or banks to change their paper dollars. These institutions will only issue them digital naira. Nothing more!

What will cause exchange rate to collapse faster?

From above, as more hoarders see that they can't transact business using local naira notes, they will be force en masse to go into BDCs or banks to change their useless paper to e-naira. This will cause a severe crash of the $-NGN rates. This will bring convergence of official and parallel market rates.

Except your friend/family intends to travel abroad where they still use paper dollar, in most cases everyone will reject the paper dollars. Many countries have started their digital currencies transactions. Starting from 2023 lots of other countries will come onboard to use e-currencies.

That way speculative attacks on any nation's currencies will be eliminated or reduced.

Till tomorrow you still need naira (and not dollars) to buy tomatoes in nigerian market.

See the part in bold.

In November 2022, we warned about scarcity of naira which will be the effect of the new naira notes implementation come January 2023 and that effect is currently playing out all over the country today.

People are busy trying to find new notes to use and pay for some basic necessities/essentials and this is taking their minds away from speculative purchases of dollar while gradually accepting the use of electronic means of transfers.

While this is going on, any financial crash abroad that would ordinarily have caused people to flood into speculative dollar purchases in the past will not happen in Nigeria now because the people are busy finding money for their basic necessities. We will see how this plays out.

The next phase, in my opinion, will hurt those who are hoarding dollars. And that has already been outlined in the post above.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2023
RabbiDoracle:

See the part in bold.

In November 2022, we warned about scarcity of naira which will be the effect of the new naira notes implementation come January 2023 and that effect is currently playing out all over the country today.

People are busy trying to find new notes to use and pay for some basic necessities/essentials and this is taking their minds away from speculative purchases of dollar while gradually accepting the use of electronic means of transfers.

While this is going on, any financial crash abroad that would ordinarily have caused people to flood into speculative dollar purchases in the past will not happen in Nigeria now because the people are busy finding money for their basic necessities. We will see how this plays out.

The next phase, in my opinion, will hurt those who are hoarding dollars. And that has already been outlined in the post above.

Most dollar transactions in Nigeria is by naira transfer for cash dollar so I don't think it would change anything

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by juniorrate: 8:55am On Feb 10, 2023
u re right Agba also crypt0 user, most of their high demand for usdt/dollar is done via transfer “peer to peer” and i dont think cashless economy will have any negative effect on it. the only effect i can see here is after the cbn will force us to use E-naira and lifted the banned with crypto exchange then exchange can list E-naira paired with other crypt0 assets and pegged it with same rate of usd then dollar is likely to crash that way

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2023
ojeysky:
Has anyone used meristem trading platform successfully today? No stock info when I checked

The platform of Meristem is wack.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) (6870) (6871) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m), ositadima1(m), dangle, Mpeace(m), Akin2910(m), Mfunkynation(m), ernie4life(m), vacanci and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.