Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6866) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10904574 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6863) (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) ... (7758) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Wish wish wish

Bought some sha. Was buying more of Zenith @ N19 and N20.

Seeing GTCO at N17 then was scary. Thought it will fall more.
Lessons learnt.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
leparj:

Lessons learnt.
ZENITH will reach #30 before gtbank when result show face/dividend. The holdco thing no they favour them.It is just because of greed from the CEO they transform into it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Why is nobody talking about what is happening at zenith bank in Nigeria today where people can’t access their funds and riots are breaking out in the banks?

This is similar to what happened to GTB before the stocks dropped last year or so
I mentioned it then and people said it was impossible to affect the stocks but it eventually went down

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curiouscity(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
In order to fast track your dividend income growth, one will need to reinvest the dividends for the first 10 years, have an elementary understanding of stock valuation and must continue to invest during the bear market.

As a matter of fact should pray for the bear market to occur and know how to hunt for sustainable juicy dividend yield with earning growth potential

I wish I had this type of awareness 15 years ago. Most of our parents wanted us to get educated in certain careers, but not how to manage and grow the money earned. I lived with my uncle who used to buy stocks in the 90s. He never educated me on it. I went on to work in a bank, where I help people buy shares or even cash their dividend warrants, yet I didn't own 1 share in any coy.

I know it is not too late for me, but I wish I started earlier than now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lol... there are so many intelligent investment bankers who help client manage their portfolios and yet do not have anything of their own.

Suppose your uncle say make you come learn, u sure say u for non call am stingy uncle wen suppose de give you pocket money instead of talking about stocks?

Curiouscity:

I wish I had this type of awareness 15 years ago. Most of our parents wanted us to get educated in certain careers, but not how to manage and grow the money earned. I lived with my uncle who used to buy stocks in the 90s. He never educated me on it. I went on to work in a bank, where I help people buy shares or even cash their dividend warrants, yet I didn't own 1 share in any coy.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
jideflash:
Hello future Billionaires, any insider news on the Universal insurance heavy trades last week?

I am priveldged to be part of those that scouted for this stock for the investor. We actually scouted for 1 billion units and the result was what u saw last week. There is no qualms for anything.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
leparj:

Lessons learnt.

It's always the case in the stock market. Most people always believe a stock will always fall more when it's on a downward trend and vice versa, hence many always miss out during the bear and during the bull.

Well, that is what makes the stock market interesting.

It's always advisable as stated by someone's signature on this thread "plan your trade and trade your plan"

Greed and fear are emotions one has to master/control if one will want to always benefit from the market, especially for traders.

I remember many people waited endlessly for MTN at N50 junction
The best approach is just to have your investment objectives in place, it will help you know your entry and exit point after your due diligence

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
[quote author=customstreet post=120319378]Hello Folks,

Has anybody looks at MRS Oil Plc? I see the price beyond current N16. First, second and third quarter results are -41k, 1.29, and 1.26 culminating into N2.30 EPS for 9 months. Extrapolating for last quarter, we may likely have Unaudited N3.30-N3.50 per share. For my own little contribution to this group, I will recommend MRS for medium term holding. All things being equal, I predict between N20-N23. Please Do your own research.

Has anybody look at this? Congratulation to the winners
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
Curiouscity:

The following materials will assist you in building a substantial income courtesy of your dividends.

1. All about dividend investing by Don Schreiber and Gary Stroik

2. Strategic dividend investor by Daniel Perie

3. The ultimate dividend playbook by Josh Peters

4. The little book of big dividends by Charles Carlson

5. The single best investment, creating wealth with dividend growth by Lowell Miller

6. Dividends still don't lie by Kelly Wright

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Bro no vex some months you whr here shouting how nse was going to break the roof and projecting some heavy prices for some stocks.Does it mean most of you guys on technical analysis just read what ever tools you use from different angles and then dash out your personal opinion. Now you are saying we should be ready for amargiddom when you first call has not materialised. I beg to ask what has changed btw then and now that you are giving new call.I hope the technical analysis thing is not just a big joke .

"Following an exit prediction is a safer bet than blindly trusting an entry prediction, for it is all too common to hear a mighty roar of triumph when a prediction proves accurate, yet never a peep of regret when it fails to deliver. Such is the lamentable nature of this world, where self-aggrandizement reigns supreme and humility is a forgotten virtue" -- Tom Marvolo Riddle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Curiouscity:

Chinese proverb: "the best time to have planted a tree was 20 years ago and the next best time is now"

Many people had the same experience but many also are doing very well now after getting the knowledge.

So you can still do well even if you just got to know about investment today. Set your investment objectives, get the right knowledge, do your due diligence, and be focused.

Remember risk appetite and age should be seriously considered when you approach the capital market for any investment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
yMcy56:

Pastor compliment sir.
Happy New Year.

Thanks a bunch and God bless you, selfless Lady.

Pls o, I'm tempted to jump into STERLNBANK, which sin did they commit that kept them where they are?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Same here o, too much potentials in that stock "Sterling"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
dapix:
Same here o, too much potentials in that stock "Sterling"

At least for Capital Appreciation, as their dividend history doesn't look interesting tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
oh wow, thats a significant stake in the company, should be expecting further mopping of the shares.
is it individual or institutional?
what are you seeing in the company;
concerns= high P.E., Low ROE, no dividends and still negative retained earning?
plus = growing earnings and good equity value. stock is undervalued compared to book value.

customstreet:

I am priveldged to be part of those that scouted for this stock for the investor. We actually scouted for 1 billion units and the result was what u saw last week. There is no qualms for anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2023
F
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Curiouscity:

Never too late, u can draw up 10yrs target for yourself buy stocks when they are low, sell high repeat the cycle yearly then finally settle for 2 or 3 stocks for dividends

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2023
aremso:

Never too late, u can draw up 10yrs target for yourself buy stocks when they are low, sell high repeat the cycle yearly then finally settle for 2 or 3 stocks for dividends
In my opinion, this might be a quicker way to get one's hands burnt in the market for someone that's just starting out in stocks investment. I think it's better to identify the two (or three) dividend stocks now and gradually position into both through dollar (naira) cost averaging.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lostinHeaven: 9:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Unreleated issue,

I made a transfer from Zenithbank to Firstbank since yesterday morning 7 ,the receipient havent seen the money till now.
Anybody with such experience before ? Please how do I resolve this issue ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2023
lostinHeaven:
Unreleated issue,

I made a transfer from Zenithbank to Firstbank since yesterday morning 7 ,the receipient havent seen the money till now.
Anybody with such experience before ? Please how do I resolve this issue ?
I think ZENITHBANK have some issues, even transaction across the counter is not going through....I suggest you visit a branch and lay complain, so sorry about that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lostinHeaven: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2023
Princkez:
I think ZENITHBANK have some issues, even transaction across the counter is not going through....I suggest you visit a branch and lay complain, so sorry about that

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I am not in the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:00am On Feb 08, 2023
lostinHeaven:

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I am not in the country.
you can send them email
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lostinHeaven: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2023
Princkez:
you can send them email

I will do that now, thanks once again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2023
Princkez:
This cashless economy stuff has really exposed some banks. Zenith with average of 3 branches per state has been most affected. They need to invest in infrastructure so as to cater for their huge cystomer base.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2023
aremso:

The advice is for a trader who wants to make money not for an investor who wants to build wealth

Buy low and sell high, what will happen if high goes higher, higher and higher.

People who bought United Capital at N3.00 and sold at N5.00 missed the over 100% dividend growth of the stock.

Same thing happened to those who bought Nahco at N2.50 and sold at N4.00

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2023
Breaking news;

The Supreme court retrains the Fed Govt, CBN from implementing the deadline of Feb, 10/17 for use of old Naira notes (200, 500 & 1,000) as legal tender.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/08/breaking-supreme-court-restrains-cbn-from-implementing-deadline-for-old-naira/

Drama everywhere.
Indeed, there was a country!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The advice is for a trader who wants to make money not for an investor who wants to build wealth

People who bought United Capital at N3.00 and sold at N5.00 missed the over 100% dividend growth of the stock.

This what I have been trying to decide. Pls what do you think.I bought all my ucap BTW. 90k -#1.20.If it get to #20,should I sell hoping to buy more quantity at lower price not that I need the cash.And how about if it doesn't go lower I will feel bad because of the dividend I have been enjoying. MY target is how to increase my quantity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 11:25am On Feb 08, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

check the price history especially the banking sector prices will always drop after dividends are declared unless FPIs are in the market. uba did 6.55, zenith did 18.90 and GTB did 16.90 around august to octb last yr. i play majorly in financial sector and there is nothing like higher high with them unless FPIs are around

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2023
aremso:

check the price history especially the banking sector prices will always drop after dividends are declared unless FPIs are in the market. uba did 6.55, zenith did 18.90 and GTB did 16.90 around august to octb last yr. i play majorly in financial sector and there is nothing like higher high with them unless FPIs are around
Do you see zenith and gtbank doing this prices again after dividend all other things being equal
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 11:42am On Feb 08, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Do you see zenith and gtbank doing this prices again after dividend all other things being equal

am targeting zenith at 18 to 20 same with gtb and uba at 6.60 to 7, patience. Oracle taught me patience

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
This what I have been trying to decide. Pls what do you think.I bought all my ucap BTW. 90k -#1.20.If it get to #20,should I sell hoping to buy more quantity at lower price not that I need the cash.And how about if it doesn't go lower I will feel bad because of the dividend I have been enjoying. MY target is how to increase my quantity

Based on your average cost price, your yield on cost is about 120%.

Use you dividends to increase your holdings.

Sell if you think it is over priced, considering the dividend yield and earning growth of United Capital I think it has a fair value of over N22.

My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 11:54am On Feb 08, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

ucap did 9 naira last year targetint at 9 to 12

(1) (2) (3) ... (6863) (6864) (6865) (6866) (6867) (6868) (6869) ... (7758) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Freespirit89(m), MARKETJJC, KayOn1, drotba(m), Mills55, sterlingD(m), OBAGADAFFI, Redoil, beejay1(m), ololufemi, Hogwarthtrades, lasisi(m), Cation(m), Streetinvestor2 and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.