Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10942903 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6886) (6887) (6888) (6889) (6890) (6891) (6892) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Oga na 50%

It's a game of risk. Which ever way it goes there's money to be made. Though we expect bull , if such a bear comes d merrier for us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pennystockwarri: 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Here's a rundown of what happened in the Nigerian stock market last week and what to expect this week.

https://twitter.com/quansimodo/status/1632652375633608705?t=t6UFkEzyE-tjBvtzbwqBEQ&s=19
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
GANDALF1:

What will it profit a man to gain 10% and be stuck for the next 5 months (or lose 30%)?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You are on point bro.

The best time to buy is 2 months ago(Nov/Dec) before result announcement. The dividend has already been factored into the price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dum20:

You are on point bro.

The best time to buy is 2 months ago(Nov/Dec) before result announcement. The dividend has already been factored into the price.

I dont like dividends grin grin grin.

I already sold all my holdings in the banks and taken my dividend from the market.

After dividend announcement, they will all slump and we will ride them again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dongallant5: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pls I need help oooo.I placed a buy limit price order for Stanbic IBTC bank #41 Friday closing price.At the end of today trading the price still remained #41 and Meristem has not executed the trade.What are your views pls? Is the problem from the market or the stock broking firm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
dongallant5:
Pls I need help oooo.I placed a buy limit price order for Stanbic IBTC bank #41 Friday closing price.At the end of today trading the price still remained #41 and Meristem has not executed the trade.What are your views pls? Is the problem from the market or the stock broking firm

There is no problem from the market or meristem.
If there was no deal your order will not be executed.

Please note that you can only get a deal if there is a willing seller at your bid price otherwise your order remains opened if you have a date range.

The price didn't change because there was no single deal of the required quantity to move the price up/down for Stanbic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dongallant5: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank a lot.Pls do you have contacts for any competent personalized stock broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Was your order valid for more than a day? If yes, the problem must have been from Meristem. Seems they had a glitch today. Stanbic traded below N41 today, so your order would have been filled if it got to the market.

dongallant5:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dongallant5: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Actually that's true I just checked and the order was actually for 7 days. That's why I need to change my broker.Trades don't always get executed timely on Meristem gotta always keep reaching out to their customer service maybe it cos they have lot of clients.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
dongallant5:
Thank a lot.Pls do you have contacts for any competent personalized stock broker.

You can come on board investment one stockbrokers.
With that, I can have a better opportunity for support.

Chat me up with the number on my signature.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
dongallant5:
Actually that's true I just checked and the order was actually for 7 days. That's why I need to change my broker.Trades don't always get executed timely on Meristem gotta always keep reaching out to their customer service maybe it cos they have lot of clients.
It is another way to scam thr clients because you put market limit. If you had left in best Market price.They would have dumped on you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lafarge Dividend Yield is better than Bua Cement

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
This is not correct. I placed an order today on Meritrade, tried to confirm on another platform and it did not get to the market. This technical glitch happens occasionally. I've used them for some years now.
Streetinvestor2:
It is another way to scam thr clients because you put market limit. If you had left in best Market price.They would have dumped on you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dongallant5: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pls can someone recommend a reliable stockbroker that executes trade timely or reliable stockbroking firm that assigns personalized stock broker.urgently needed pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
dongallant5:

Try CSL Stockbrokers. Been with them since 2005. Love their interface and customer care. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igbizen(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
Lafarge Dividend Yield is better than Bua Cement
In Warri, I see more of BUA and DANGCEM in use. That’s why am a little skeptical about lafarge.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2023
If a company plan to raise capital(on NGX) via equity issuance,will the share price go up, down, or remain stagnant?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2023
dongallant5:
Pls can someone recommend a reliable stockbroker that executes trade timely or reliable stockbroking firm that assigns personalized stock broker.urgently needed pls
Ask around.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 10:34am On Mar 07, 2023
Your order should have gone through if you left it valid. They're up and running today.
dongallant5:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:37am On Mar 07, 2023
UPDC REIT

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 10:56am On Mar 07, 2023
The NGX is basically a market for trades on existing securities (in this instance equities). The price movements directly affect sellers/buyers of the equities, not the company (except for perception and valuation).

Companies largely raise capital via equity through public offers or private placements, handled by their issuing house(s), brokers(s) and other parties, after approvals from SEC at a fixed price. The capital raise could be promoted on the NGX if the company is already listed.

comatekeke:
If a company plan to raise capital(on NGX) via equity issuance,will the share price go up, down, or remain stagnant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2023
Eku market. The bull is here.It is all over the market. Pls don't forget to ask them what they are buying this time.I forget some have bullion van of cash,lol
The greatest sin,is when one lies to him/herself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2023
Oando weekly chart looking good..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Eku audited result/election bull.See how market they dance one leg front, one leg back.The catalyst which would have propelled the market, that is foreign investors are not coming anytime soon.On a very good day stocks like Dan sugar, ucapital,wapco for they fly with this kind results/div.Na which results then wan push the market north.when I know the bank results will be marginal growth from last year as the ceo are turning the banks to thr birth right via holdco.The market no get another direction soon that South with full force. No fall mugu if you are not yet in the market. TA na just assumptions that works if it can gather a large crowd to believe it
This your last line nai spoil your thought pattern.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2023
Zagee:
Certainly wapco is eye-catching. And looking at all the candidates, there's only one i can genuinely say he will support a free market. Besides, his projections are favorable to consumer goods. But as someone said: " hope is not a strategy". grin

In that regard, I have narrowed down to riding JB across the elections.
Few units looking good after a while. Hope no dey help for NSE grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Eku market. The bull is here.It is all over the market. Pls don't forget to ask them what they are buying this time.I forget some have bullion van of cash,lol
The greatest sin,is when one lies to him/herself
Bros, why these stone throwing upandan nah??
If you have issues with anyone's post or prediction(s), the most honourable thing to do is to be constructive about it cos we view the market from different perspectives and someone like me don't have to necessarily agree with your own perspective.

I've had course to argue/disagree with Pa Emma here on some occasions despite that he's a sage and knows the market inside out.......and me, I be newbie.

As at yesterday, the market still closed +ve despite your "run", "take cover" msgs.
Some still didn't agree with your view, doesn't me we'll be throwing stones at you for that.

What happened to your below post on 8th Feb and other consequent ones?
Streetinvestor2:
The greatest lesson I learnt from this thread was the bear market is the best thing for a true investor. I use to see it before as something that should never happen.

Pls note that, even during COVID-19, some of us were still here. Soooo, if bear wan come or if na bull, all is well and good.
God no go shame us. tongue

https://nairametrics.com/2023/03/06/nigerian-stock-market-closes-bullish-as-investors-gain-n42-billion/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerekre(m): 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
DeRuggedProf:

Try CSL Stockbrokers. Been with them since 2005. Love their interface and customer care. grin
What % do they charge, buy and sell?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
yMcy56:

If you have issues with anyone's post or prediction(s), the most honourable thing to do is to be constructive about it cos we view the market from different perspectives and someone like me don't have to necessarily agree with your own perspective.

I've had course to argue with Pa Emma here on some occasions despite that he's a sage and knows the market inside out.......and me, I be newbie.

As at yesterday, the market still closed +ve despite your "run", "take cover" msgs.
Some still didn't agree with your view, doesn't me we'll be throwing stones at you for that.

Pls note that, even during COVID-19, some of us were still here. Soooo, if bear wan come or if na bull, all is well and good.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/03/06/nigerian-stock-market-closes-bullish-as-investors-gain-n42-billion/

During COVID we were buying GTB, and Zenith for around N12- N15 grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
During COVID we were buying GTB, and Zenith for around N12- N15 grin
During COVID, ZENITH went as low as 10.70, I bought around 10.75 with my breakeven as 11.
GT went as low as 16.70 or so......

Remember many bought higher before COVID occurred, it became an avenue for some with good cashflow to average down. Some took loans, some without fund did siddon look, etc.

Can't forget the efforts of @RabbiDoracle urging people to buy ZEE @ below 11 that time........with some convincing facts and all that.
How many remembered to come back and thank him? .....but to throw shades dey quick them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
yMcy56:

I've had course to argue with Pa Emma here on some occasions despite that he's a sage and knows the market inside out.......and me, I be newbie.

I guess he stopped being an investor. Look at me, there's no shame in being a trader grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
yMcy56:

During COVID, ZENITH went as low as 10.70, I bought around 10.75 with my breakeven as 11.
GT went as low as 16.70 or so......

Remember many bought higher before COVID occurred, it became an avenue for some with good cashflow to average down. Some took loans, some without fund did siddon look, etc.

Can't forget the efforts of @RabbiDoracle urging people to buy @ below 11 that time........with some convincing facts and all that.
How many remembered to come back and thank him? .....but to throw shades dey quick them.
Where's Peter? I will never forgive that guy with neimeth cry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6886) (6887) (6888) (6889) (6890) (6891) (6892) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, allabouttolu, Streetinvestor2, megawealth01, Blackman101, kaykehin and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.