Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10919805 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6907) (6908) (6909) (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) ... (7765) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2023
OandO at it again o.
Full bid on the stock at the moment.
Stock to go private after buying off minority shareholders at N7.07, subject to court approval. angry
So what will happen to those who bought at N30?

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37954_OANDO_PLC-OANDO_PLC__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2023.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2023
Kabiru: Good day bro,
I just sold my OAN** shares earlier today only to see it go back on full bid moments later.

Me: No need to live in regret dear. You can always allocate the sales proceeds to other value accretive coy and still make some decent return.

Kabiru: I hold some small stake in TRANSC***. Would it be ok to exit now?
Your advice will be well appreciated.

Me: As long as you are following through with your trade set-up, you should be ok... but may OAN** not happen to you in TRANSC***. wink cheesy cool
Just follow your instinct.

# Name has been changed.

CAVEAT: NOT to be interpretated as any sought of investment advice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2023
what just happened in Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2023
beejay1:
OandO at it again o.
Stock to go private after buying off minority shareholders at N7.07, subject to court approval. angry

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37954_OANDO_PLC-OANDO_PLC__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2023.pdf

So my gamble worked. Cool 70% profit. Was expecting higher based on NGX rule on calculating price for delisting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2023
beejay1:
OandO at it again o.

I sincerely sympathize with those who bought that high.
Offer peg is even 1 Kobo below the coys last 52w high.

Good thing is; MTO pegs can be negotiable.
Shareholders should get them to up that N7.07 offer.

At least N10 can be managed. wink cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 30, 2023
Mfunkynation:
what just happened in Transcorp

Looks like wash trade.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2023
onegentleguy:

I sincerely sympathize with those that bought that high.

However, MTO pegs can be negotiable.
Shareholders should get them to up the that N7.07 offer.

Not a bad deal for me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

I am placing a wager for both ZENITH & GTCo to move above 30 by July. Anyone? grin

Oga, you are on your own oo.

Once I buy them at 17/18. I am not bothered at what their year high becomes.

I look at previous trend.

Previous trend shows that NSE start experiencing real bull a year after elections, that mean any big bull will come from mid 2024.

No be me talk am oo, but data from 2003 till 2019

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2023
beejay1:
OandO at it again o.

Hehehe. I had this thought yesterday owing to the fact that they have sold off their positions in the downstream sector to NNPC in 2022 through a third party.(hence they have enough cash at hand).
Oh well sorry for people who bought above 7 naira.

As for me, I might have closed another deal 🤝 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2023
kenmaro:

Please, I need very urgent advise on transcorp shares. I bought about 145,550units at 1.42 over 5years ago and I have been holding this, funds tied in there with no growth and no reasonable dividends. Though, I have no need for the funds now but I am thinking to sell off and look for a better stock with good appreciation to buy or buy back into transcorp with higher quantities if the price drops again as it has been doing? Kindly advise urgently please 🙏

@Mpeace
@PETERiCHY
@yMcy56
@BullBearMkt
@Agbalowomeri
IF you're looking for a stock with good appreciation, you may want to consider investing in a different company. However, if you are comfortable with the risk, you may want to hold on to your Transcorp shares.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to sell your Transcorp shares is up to you. You should consider your own investment goals before making a decision.

These are the questions you should ask yourself before making the decision:

-Are my comfortable with the risk of holding onto Transcorp for more having waited this long. With the new report released, will the company continue to grow or otherwise?
-What are you hoping to achieve by investing in Transcorp in the first place? Have you achieved this?

IF I were in your shoe:
-I'll be patient & sell part of shares (on profit to what I bought 5 years ago)
-Leave the remaining share for more years (Transcorp TA is looking bullish)
-Keep my cash for later part of the year - there will be more opportunities to buy cheaper stocks.

As I mentioned earlier, the final decision is yours. Best of luck.
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:27am On Mar 30, 2023
Capitalist manoeuvre!! tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2023
yMcy56:
TRANSCORP shocked
@Locodemy where are you? smiley

Aunty Mercy I am fine.
I gambled Transcorp in the past but this time I prefer to gamble with Japaul and I still insist on 100-200℅ profit.Q1 is around the corner.I see it happening in April or May.

Let Transcorp embark on reconstructions.It will be alright and attractive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2023
CAP Divided N1.55

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

I am placing a wager for both ZENITH & GTCo to move above 30 by July. Anyone? grin

You were pessimistic when GTCO was selling at a discount last year. At that time, you predicted that the stock would decrease even further. However, now that it has made recovery, you are expressing confidence that it will continue to rise. It seems that you have a trader's mentality rather than that of a value investor.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2023
ositadima1:

You were pessimistic when GTCO was selling at a discount last year. At that time, you predicted that the stock would decrease even further. However, now that it has made recovery, you are expressing confidence that it will continue to rise. It seems that you have a trader's mentality rather than that of a value investor.

Put your wager joor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Put your wager joor

GTCO don help my ministry already, nah UCAP I dey monitor now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
ositadima1:

GTCO don help my ministry already, nah UCAP I dey monitor now.

When you leave the table, don't turn back Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
onegentleguy:

I sincerely sympathize with those who bought that high.
Offer peg is even 1 Kobo below the coys last 52w high.

Good thing is; MTO pegs can be negotiable.
Shareholders should get them to up that N7.07 offer.

Honestly, that N7.07 MTO peg from OANDO is quite unfair.
Someone said the last right issue on the coy was at N22 in 2014.
...and after nearly a decade, OANDO is now proposing to pay just 32% of that amount.
That's ridiculous!

Value destruction at its peak.
...it's very unfortunate!
Shareholders should come together and resist that offer, so they'll up that peg... otherwise they join them in going private.
I think the "drivers" of OANDO may be...
N10 is even a bit too small.

I feel for previous long term holders of the stock. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
onegentleguy:

...and after nearly a decade, OANDO is now proposing to pay just 32% of that amount.
That's ridiculous!

Shareholders should come together and resist that offer, so they'll up that peg... otherwise they join them in going private.

Some of us bought at N98 Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
onegentleguy:

That's ridiculous!

Thunder way go fire them still they do press-up. Something I bought for year @20 they want to give me #7.Na me and them they go the private if they don't pay me #20 as I have already written it off .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Mpeace:
The stress of having to fill forms from one registrar to the other and their various requirements is so discouraging. But I need to be sure its the bank first so I dont do a wasteful venture.
Mpeace, I don't think you need to fill any other form with the registrar.
Do your KYC with your broker, will be uploaded and updated on CSCS window, then every other thing should be fine.
That's what I think it is anyway.

* You may take further step to know more about this by making enquiry from your broker, CSCS or the registrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Thunder way go fire them still they do press-up. Something I bought for year @20 they want to give me #7.Na me and them they go the private if they don't pay me #20 as I have already written it off .
Lol. grin
That's where we short termers used to avoid this kind of bullets. smiley
Once a stock is behaving anyhow, no matter how good it is, we don throw am up be that, look for better opportunity elsewhere.
Maybe because I be small investor sha, as good as Zee or GT are, me no dey look their side except there's a glaring & huge bargain on them.
Let me say that me too don learn hard lessons for this market. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Some of us bought at N98 Lol

I remember advising a friend against putting his late father's pension proceed into the stock.
Coy was trading for N41+ at the time.

It would've been utter regretful for him by now.
Dude has remained ever thankful and grateful to date.

OANDO really dealt with many folks in the past.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
Pls how is Transcorp performing on the exchange presently? My fbnquest platform is not working
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
onegentleguy:

That's ridiculous!

Capitalist drive-bye on shareholders. If they can get more, they should resist!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Mpeace:
I do not know if its access bank or something else. But all my dividends that come through access bank always develop k-leg. I am yet to recieve my Totalenergies interim dividend since December.
Registrar says their record shows they paid me since 9th december. Access bank says that cannot be true. My account statement does not have a record of such payment. Note that I have had to call before getting most of my dividends from UBA and Ucap last year.

My UCAP dividend has entered my Access Bank account. Check yr account.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
Payunsin:
Pls how is Transcorp performing on the exchange presently? My fbnquest platform is not working
- TRANSCORP is still on defensive side as at now.....
- selling btw 1.47/1.49 so far ......
- 29.4M bids against 81M offers....
- Looks like Tony was/is out to stabilize the share price.....
- 411M units done in transaction so far ....

** Offers reducing as at no 2.18pm.........sighted @1.51...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ucap dividend just landed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
yMcy56:

Mpeace, I don't think you need to fill any other form with the registrar.
Do your KYC with your broker, will be uploaded and updated on CSCS window, then every other thing should be fine.
That's what I think it is anyway.

* You may take further step to know more about this by making enquiry from your broker, CSCS or the registrar.
Thanks alot. I will do that. I call my broker. I seriously need to resolve it soonest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Sterling Bank , No trade
Please what is going on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
eziokwunwoko:
Sterling Bank , No trade
Please what is going on.
Suspension.
Sterling is transiting to HOLDCO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6907) (6908) (6909) (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) ... (7765) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jerekre(m), lancee(m), megawealth01, ndept, Freespirit89(m), Mfunkynation(m), Pifebhor(f), Digitron and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.