Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10891635 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) (6917) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2023
onegentleguy:

Regards

On IB. Based on TA, for a stock that seems to be churning out losses, its really not getting the beating it requires(WHY?). Nobody's dropping off significant volumes. Infact the only major drop came few weeks ago on the weekly chart, yet interest on the stock has been picking up. Whatever it is. Time will reveal.

If you ask me, I'll be personally pessimistic about this stock while holding it. (what should we call this kind of psychological reasoning now?)

On significant price drop, I doubt that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:42am On Apr 01, 2023
yMcy56:

The concern raised above has been rectified! shocked

This forum looks powerful o!
E be like say make person dey dey careful with postings now because powerful guys dey here. grin

If you dey in govt and in position of power, abeg no forget some of us oooo, we can manage contracts too. cheesy tongue

Why do you think that the issue was resolved just because you brought it up on the forum? Do you apply this kind of reasoning when picking stocks?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Zagee:

On IB. Based on TA, for a stock that seems to be churning out losses, its really not getting the beating it requires(WHY?). Nobody's dropping off significant volumes. Infact the only major drop came few weeks ago on the weekly chart, yet interest on the stock has been picking up. Whatever it is. Time will reveal.

If you ask me, I'll be personally pessimistic about this stock while holding it. (what should we call this kind of psychological reasoning now?)

The reason for the low trading vol can not be unconnected to the relatively minot unit in free float that's currently in the hands of minority holders.
For emphasis; minority investors hold just 3.18% of total OS... an equivalent of approx 854.2M unit out of over 26.86B.

Analysis of the share structure shows that KEY holders (foreign & institutional investors alike) have mostly increased their stake in the last 3-5 years.
...they aren't selling.

We can only hope to buy more from the 3.18% minority. wink cheesy cool
Let the price drop!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
ositadima1:
Why do you think that the issue was resolved just because you brought it up on the forum? Do you apply this kind of reasoning when picking stocks?
Reason is because the uploads have been going on for days with Q5 being used instead of Q4.....
You may check some of the FY documents uploaded and posted here before now to confirm........even up till the time the issue was posted and some hours after.
....but on checking not long ago it wasn't there again.

Don't underestimate the calibre of people here Osita. wink

For the B part: Wow!! Your reasoning self!
What's the correlation here??
Well, to answer you, I dont! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
onegentleguy:

The reason for the low trading vol can not be unconnected to the relatively minot unit in free float that's currently in the hands of minority holders.

For emphasis; minority investors hold just 3.18% of total OS... an equivalent of approx 854.2M unit out of over 26.86B.

Analysis of the share structure shows that KEY holders (foreign & institutional investors alike) have mostly increased their stake in the last 3-5 years.
...they aren't selling.

We can only hope to buy more from the 3.18% minority. wink cheesy cool
Let the price drop!

Revealing smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
yMcy56:

Reason is because the uploads have been going on for days with Q5 being used instead of Q4.....
You may check some of the FY documents uploaded and posted here before now to confirm........even up till early the time the issue was posted and some hours after.
....but on checking not long ago it wasn't there again.

Don't underestimate the calibre of people here Osita. wink

For the B part: Wow!! Your reasoning self!
What's the correlation here??
Well, to answer you, I dont! undecided If you'd paid attn, you'll know I do my own checks and pick even when everyone is against the stock...(also do checks with recommended stocks here and follow my mind).
NAHCO for instance, if you know since when I've been following it up, you'll know it's not even a matter of 2 or 3yrs. Ask Peterichy. tongue
(I mentioned this cos I remembered telling you to buy, so you don't relate it with your post).

So, which one should I enter now that NAHCO has sailed away? cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
lasisi:
NAHCO!!! N1.20kobo dividend! This is impressive!
Dangote Sugar come and learn. @currentprice @emmanuelewumi and others thank you for the analysis and predictions! You got this spot on.

you are welcome bro. I no day recommend/pointed out plenty stocks here, I no sabi talk too much grin but the two or three stock u see me pointed out here just know that I have invested time on it before coming here to post and if u can do your DD on it u might be convinced to buy it young cheesy. to add to your confusion it easy for me listed almost all the stock on NSE here for recommendation atleast one will do better to get the thumbs up but not my way grin

Have been shouting Nacho will shake d table here for a while now the rest is the story. U take 1.20 as thank u if u buy below 6 is cool cool

others are Dangote sugar, Fidson and Afripud and for banking stock UBA.. do your DD

someone asked me here on International brew and I said I don't waste my time on such a company, he can see her latest report now, tell me how will I see those company listed above and go for international brew based on hope embarassed. if the company turns around and I see what I do look for then I can buy even at N20 but for now I let it pass grin

grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
@CurrentPrice, you and actually draw my attention to Nacho. I got some unit at 6.40. was planning to get more if it falls back to 7 range.
I regret not buying more @6.40

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RedPilChurchBoy: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good afternoon all.

I'm new to this thread.

I have interest in stock buying and selling but don't really know how to start.

The only experience I've had was when I bought MTN shares in 2021 using the primaryoffer app.

I've been hoping to deepen my knowledge about stocks...

Where do I start from?

I pray someone will be kind enough to address my question.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Standardguy(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
currentprice:

you are welcome bro. I no day recommend/pointed out plenty stocks here, I no sabi talk too much grin but the two or three stock u see me pointed out here just know that I have invested time on it before coming here to post and if u can do your DD on it u might be convinced to buy it young cheesy. to add to your confusion it easy for me listed almost all the stock on NSE here for recommendation atleast one will do better to get the thumbs up but not my way grin

Have been shouting Nacho will shake d table here for a while now the rest is the story. U take 1.20 as thank u if u buy below 6 is cool cool

others are Dangote sugar, Fidson and Afripud and for banking stock UBA.. do your DD

someone asked me here on International brew and I said I don't waste my time on such a company, he can see her latest report now, tell me how will I see those company listed above and go for international brew based on hope embarassed. if the company turns around and I see what I do look for then I can buy even at N20 but for now I let it pass grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you CP. You are always on point. I no mind become messenger for your kingdom.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
^^^
Same predictable pattern. ...I expect more to follow.
Am just smiling from the background as I enjoy reading them. grin grin grin
No time for hate... I love you all!

You guys should help push up NAHCO for us so we can sell our small afolabi unit @ N15.
By his grace, some of us were fortunate to key in at between N2.9--3.45. ...of course, when some persons would have preferred to avoid it like a plaque! wink cheesy cool
Same as DS @ N11--11.7 (highlighted this before now)

You people should help us push up the price of NAHCO and DS.
But pls kindly push down the price of INTERBREW... and I mean it!

Selah

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
Thank you @currentprice. I stayed on it when u called it out.
@yMcy56.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Is this service free on bloomberg
moneymanager:
The saga continues
GTCO to the moon undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
The company's that had not published their results is it not late already or do they still have Grace for that Abeg Gtb and fidelity should not disappoint ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gold360(m): 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Greetings to everyone, pls when are zenith and UBA banks going to give out share dividends to their shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
MANSARD don land...... grin
Final Dividend: 0.36k
Qualification Date: June 21, 2023
Payment Date: July 4, 2023
Registrar: Datamax
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38074_AXA_MANSARD_INSURANCE_PLC-AXA_MANSARD_-_CORPORATE_ACTION__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2023.pdf

A good one from Mansard cool
0.25k was paid in 2021 fye.......Interim of 0.06k in Q2, 2022
Cc: Oga Pluto09 tongue

UACN: Surprise surprise.......0.22k .......not expecting any Dividend here before....

NEM: 0.30k Final Dividend
JULIUS BERGER: N2.50k Final Dividend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
gold360:
Greetings to everyone, pls when are zenith and UBA banks going to give out share dividends to their shareholders?

Payment Dates.
UBA - 28/4/2023.
Zenith- 2/5/2023.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
gold360:
ZENITH: N2.90k final dividend
Qualification Date: 14th April, 2023
Payment date 2nd May, 2023

UBA: 0.90k
Qualification Date: 14th April, 2023
Payment Date: 27th April, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:33am On Apr 02, 2023
yMcy56:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38074_AXA_MANSARD_INSURANCE_PLC-AXA_MANSARD_-_CORPORATE_ACTION__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2023.pdf

.. 0.25k was paid in 2021 fye.
Cc: Oga Pluto09 tongue

UACN: Surprise surprise.......0.22k .......not expecting any Dividend here before....

NEM: 0.30k Final Dividend
JULIUS BERGER: N2.50k Final Dividend

A very good one from mansard. That is a big statement from them for those of us who doubted their ability to maintain a positive trajectory in improving their dividend payment.
By the way, where is the result?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2023
pluto09:

A very good one from mansard. That is a big statement from them for those of us who doubted their ability to maintain a positive trajectory in improving their dividend payment.
By the way, where is the result?

Abi I no understand grammar again ni. Abeg which one is 36k per N2 ordinary share? Has it changed from 50kobo ordinary share?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Abi I no understand grammar again ni. Abeg which one is 36k per N2 ordinary share? Has it changed from 50kobo ordinary share?

Be like say you go vacation in 2020 when it was restructured from 50k to N2. I lost over 50 percent of my share value back then. undecided

AXA Mansard Nigeria underwent a share capital reconstruction that involved a redenomination of the nominal share value of its shares from 50 kobo to 2 naira. This was done by consolidating every four shares held by each shareholder into one share. The total issued and fully paid-up shares of AXA Mansard Insurance Plc was reduced from 36,000,000,000 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each to 9,000,000,000 ordinary shares of N2.00 each.

The share capital reconstruction was aimed at proactively managing the potential outcome of a significant devaluation of the naira, which could have affected the company's financial metrics. The reconstruction exercise was completed on December 7, 2020, and the suspension on the trading of AXA Mansard's shares was lifted.

The company's entire issued share capital of 36,000,000,000 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each was delisted from the daily official list of the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX), while 9,000,000,000 ordinary shares of N2.00 each were listed at N3.32 per share.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yinkaoke(f): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Treasury bills rate are up at the last auction but ask yourself,is it currently better than Commercial papers relative to tenor and rates for your idle funds ? Is it time for capital market investment or money market? Follow @okemakinde2003 on twitter for updates on available CPs and be well informed
Or does anyone knows another more informed platform ? Where are you investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
good day to all members of this great forum.
Q3 of PZ looks good and want to take a closer look at PZ.
what do you guys think of PZ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coputa(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
yinkaoke:
Treasury bills rate are up at the last auction but ask yourself,is it currently better than Commercial papers relative to tenor and rates for your idle funds ? Is it time for capital market investment or money market? Follow @okemakinde2003 on twitter for updates on available CPs and be well informed
Or does anyone knows another more informed platform ? Where are you investing
foreign stocks still remain the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nemenma: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
1.2 k dividend of NAHCO, is it April fool abi na real?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dum20:

But this sounds more like wishfull thinking than practical.

I believe the US has foreseen this and is making sure it does not happen.

I believe this is not new knowledge

Hello Dum20,

Your post on 14th November 2022.

Now many countries in Asia are exchanging their regional currencies amongst themselves.

No longer wishful thinking.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Also in the news today:

-RUSSIA'S DEPUTY PM NOVAK: RUSSIA to implement voluntary cut in oil production by 500,000 BPD till the end of 2023

-SAUDI ARABIA will reduce its oil production by 500K BARRELS PER DAY, starting from May until the end of 2023 - STATE MEDIA

-UAE to lower oil production voluntarily by 144,000 BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTER

-OMAN to reduce oil production voluntarily by 40K BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTRY

-KUWAIT to voluntarily cut oil production by 128K BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTER

-IRAQ decides to start a voluntary oil production cut of 211,000 BARREL PER DAY as of from May to end of 2023 - OIL MINISTRY

After currency wars, now Oil war has started.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
yMcy56:

.. 0.25k was paid in 2021 fye.

The statement from the CA announcement reads in part;
'Proposed dividend- A final dividend of 36k per N2 ordinary share out of which 6k per N2 had been paid to shareholders in December, 2022 and the final dividend of 36k subject to appropriate withholding tax and approval will be paid to shareholders whose names appear in the registrar of members as at the close of business on June 21st, 2023."

There has to be some clarification from management on what the actual final DPS will be. ...is it 30k or 36k?
The phrase; "out of which", appears to suggest that the 6k interim dividend which was paid in Dec, 2022 was factored into that 36k pay before arriving at a total. (36k)
But then again if this were the case, the later part should have read; "...and a final dividend of 30k (not 36k as stated) subject to..."

Could be a typo error, but management needs to clarify that part.
But whether 30 or 36k, its a great payout from AXA MANSARD INSURANCE.

I remember advising some folks to sell-off their stakes before the share capital reconstruction and wait to buy back thereafter.
Good move then, but buying back didn't go as planned. (for some persons)
I was also waiting to buy back lower (</=N1.5) but eventually missed out.
Those in should enjoy their loot. wink cheesy cool

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
RabbiDoracle:
Also in the news today:

-RUSSIA'S DEPUTY PM NOVAK: RUSSIA to implement voluntary cut in oil production by 500,000 BPD till the end of 2023

-SAUDI ARABIA will reduce its oil production by 500K BARRELS PER DAY, starting from May until the end of 2023 - STATE MEDIA

-UAE to lower oil production voluntarily by 144,000 BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTER

-OMAN to reduce oil production voluntarily by 40K BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTRY

-KUWAIT to voluntarily cut oil production by 128K BPD starting from May to end of 2023 - MINISTER

-IRAQ decides to start a voluntary oil production cut of 211,000 BARREL PER DAY as of from May to end of 2023 - OIL MINISTRY

After currency wars, now Oil war has started.

I am loving it.

The age of economic imperialism is fading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
onegentleguy:

The statement from the CA announcement reads in part;
'Proposed dividend- A final dividend of 36k per N2 ordinary share out of which 6k per N2 had been paid to shareholders in December, 2022 and the final dividend of 36k subject to appropriate withholding tax and approval will be paid to shareholders whose names appear in the registrar of members as at the close of business on June 21st, 2023."

There has to some clarification from management on what the actual final DPS will be. ...is it 30k or 36k?
The phrase; "out of which", appears to suggest that the 6k interim dividend which was paid in Dec, 2022 was factored into that 36k pay before arriving at a total. (36k)
But then again if this were the case, the later part should have read; "...and a final dividend of 30k (not 36k as stated) subject to..."

Could be a typo error, but management needs to clarify that part.
But whether 30 or 36k, its a great payout from AXA MANSARD INSURANCE.

I remember advising some folks to sell-off their stakes before the share capital reconstruction and wait to buy back thereafter.
Good move then, but buying back didn't go as planned. (for some persons)
I was also waiting to buy back lower (</=N1.5) but eventually missed out.
Those in should enjoy their loot. wink cheesy cool

It is well.

They just did that in their corporate action announcement even though they still used the word final dividend twice instead of using total dividend. The final dividend is 30k

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38111_AXA_MANSARD_INSURANCE_PLC-AXA_MANSARD_-_CORPORATE_ACTION_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2023.pdf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) (6917) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.