Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10838131 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
currentprice:

if u miss Nahco , dont miss Dangote sugar. others are Wapco, Afripud , vitafoam , uba/access.

if u taken action on DS as at Monday by today u must have been 5% up. the stock will cross 20 soon to keep going.

my opinion though

grin grin grin grin

Thanks CP, well appreciated 🙏
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2023
onegentleguy:
I feel that FIDELITY might pay btw 45-50k DPS for YE, 2022.
...just a gut feeling! wink cheesy cool

I also feel that a UBA run when it begins might see it push to near N15.
Again, just a feeling... could be just a mere excitement after receiving my small (minimum wage) salary yesterday... and the fact that I didn't exhaust it all in servicing my already accumulated monthly debt. wink cheesy grin
May God help us!

It is well.
if it pays 50k at 5+ , na banger!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
currentprice:

if u miss Nahco , dont miss Dangote sugar. others are Wapco, Afripud , vitafoam , uba/access.

if u taken action on DS as at Monday by today u must have been 5% up. the stock will cross 20 soon to keep going.

my opinion though

grin grin grin grin

Thanks for all your hard work! Well appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
locodemy:

I didn't want to comment on Japaul this time but.......
It closed today on full bid 22.4m bids vs 0 offers.

Because of what Transcorp has done, Japaul will catch my attention from 50kobo and if Q1 is good my 100% is sure.200% or more is sure too base on subsequent results......

I am here with loads of patience.No more jumping out till prayer is answered.
😀 na who no know you ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
The dividend period will soon end .Don't expect any bull soon. The way you have otedola in some stocks that is how you have the smaller corrupt people in others.Time to cash out. If you have cash go buy food stuff and keep or hoard. The country is heading for serious economic problems. The inflation coming will be no joke .Just bookmark this post..Hunger will drive alot to the street. Many middle class will default in children school fees and house rent. The wolves have hijacked the country again
Pls if you see them sharing corruption don't miss the opportunity but know when to cash out too

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Standardguy(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2023
currentprice:

Pz fair price stand @ N20 on my bedsheet but I don't see it getting to this price sooner except the Q1 2023 shows promising numbers like the latest Q3 and coming 2022/23 FY... good Q3 earnings report includes (income from sales of asset) which I think can not reoccurring. even if it reoccur it not a good sign for the business. operating income is the koko shocked though revenue and some other metric improves over the previous year.

PZ is one of the few company on NSE with negative enterprises value, I will not be surprise if they go private in the future to eat their cake alone undecided. Lol mkt capitalisation of about N47b and cash equivalents/bank of N86b, this does not mean they have the raw cash o. cash flow statements even shows the company use more of the external fund to financial their business as they generated less cash from core business compare to overall total cash in the book,

the company if they want to may give good dividend to pump up the price to the fp or over self.

for me and my household we will let it pass. would rather load more of DS at curretprice.

grin grin grin grin

Very many thanks Oga CP. The advice is in Order and well taken. Thank you so much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Mpeace:
The big boys (Ote$ and Elumelu) will soon buy every trascorp share leaving just small for us to trade.
Would that make the share price rise or drop?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:45am On Apr 27, 2023
pluto09:

I want to believe the time of exceptional items is gone for good in uba. grin grin
Tony just needs to increase the dividend payout for a major breakout in price.

Trust me when I say that Agba knows what he is saying. TOE is not as liquid as most people think he is. Where's all this money he's using to buy Transcorp shares coming from? Investors ronu! Imagine if Otedola decided to be petty and start buying large shares in UBA just to f*ck with Tony. That would be amazing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2023
ACTIVISM INVESTING- A case study of Mr. Femi OTEDOLA.

Here are key takes away about this style of investors:

1. Activist investors buy minority stakes in public companies to change how they are run.

2. If they fail to persuade company managers, they may wage a proxy fight for board seats.

3. Some hedge funds or individuals specialize in activist investing while institutional investors may engage in it from time to time.

4. Investor activism may focus on maximizing shareholder value or on the company's social responsibilities.

5. The SEC has proposed tougher disclosure rules for activist investors that critics contend may make activism unprofitable

Here are list of companies he had used this style for:

1. First Bank Plc
2. Transcorp Plc

Which company is next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2023
onegentleguy:
Yet another Off Market Trade...

A total of over 5B (5,001,009,920 units to be precise) of TRANSNATIONAL CORPORATION PLC were done as off market trade today April 26, 2023 @ N2.45 in three deals.

The deal was a negotiated one with UNITED CAPITAL SECURITIES LIMITED as both BUYER and SELLER.

TOE consolidates

Is the party / rally (of bid war) over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2023
customstreet:
ACTIVISM INVESTING- A case study of Mr. Femi OTEDOLA.

Here are key takes away about this style of investors:

1. Activist investors buy minority stakes in public companies to change how they are run.

2. If they fail to persuade company managers, they may wage a proxy fight for board seats.

3. Some hedge funds or individuals specialize in activist investing while institutional investors may engage in it from time to time.

4. Investor activism may focus on maximizing shareholder value or on the company's social responsibilities.

5. The SEC has proposed tougher disclosure rules for activist investors that critics contend may make activism unprofitable

Here are list of companies he had used this style for:

1. First Bank Plc
2. Transcorp Plc

Which company is next?

Rather i would say what are the factors that attract activist investor (though i dont think that is what is happening in both you just mentioned)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

TOE consolidates

Do you think otedola will not like to bid more of Transcorp shares to surpass Tony?

Odetola's interest in Transcorp is targetted at the power subsidiary which contributes 86% of Transcorp Revenue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

TOE consolidates

So he has the "ways and means" to take Transcorp to 2.45 but held it down for this long. Already some introspection going on at the start of trade. Let's see what comes in at noon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2023
It seems everyone brought their thinking cap to the market this morning except for
HONYFLOUR?? 🤔
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Zagee:

So he has the "ways and means" to take Transcorp to 2.45 but held it down for this long. Already some introspection going on at the start of trade. Let's see what comes in at noon.

Don't mind him, hope someone will take over UBA from him one day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Don't mind him, hope someone will take over UBA from him one day.

My take is that having seen what happened in FBNH and Transcorp (of which he is directly impacted), he would adjust on UBA for the following reasons

1. Because that is his crown jewel (and his financing arm i.e lifeblood)
2. Otedola shaking him might be a childplay if bigger moneybag (local / foreign) smells blood that there is probability of wrestling some of his coy from him.
3. In most, if not all his companies, he is a single largest shareholder and not the majority shareholder. There is a large difference between the two.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:26am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

what is driving ote$?

merger of ughelli; Afam (Transcorp power) and Geregu power in sight?

bidding war likely to follow? (30-40% probability, while the shareholding structure looks similar to FBNH ( large fragmentation) it is not exactly the same (sizeable large chunk circa 10-20% still with a single person (TOE), which is not same scenario with FBNH).

why did TOE not pick the chunk up to protect his interest (no plausible answer)

or is Ote$ exploring the Cocacola Nigeria strategy? i.e. maintain a hold on a competitor in other to influence decision making in the competitor to your advantage (Cocacola Nigeria vs Limca saga / Elizade vs Briscoe motor saga)

Interesting days ahead

The Transcorp saga is eventually looking like the bolded (except otedola responds with a more audacious move, which is highly unlikely)

Selah

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

My take is that having seen what happen in FBNH and Transcorp (of which he is directly impacted), he would adjust on UBA for teh following reasons

1. Because that is his crown jewel (and his financing arm i.e lifeblood)
2. Otedola shaking him might be a childplay if bigger moneybag (local / foreign) smells blood that there is probability of wrestling some of his coy from him.
3. In most, if not all his companies he is a single largest shareholder and not the majority shareholder. there is a large difference between the two.

Oh well, let him choose between making more money and get relegated at the table or do the needful and own his space. Time is ticking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2023
Make greed no kill me oooo.
Transcorp average price 1 26 yet to sell dey do me wan kin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2023
Tony H.Holdings doing well o

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:55am On Apr 27, 2023
Transcorp, Transcorp Transcorp Transcorp Available Available Available.... don't miss the corruption oooo... Don't queue up again... opportunity knocking today oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2023
Payunsin:
Make greed no kill me oooo. Transcorp average price 1 26 yet to sell dey do me wan kin.
If I were you, I will look at Fbnh and think twice... This war occur in the elephant but ended..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

TOE consolidates

the party seems to be over. However, i think the days of sub N2 for transcorp seems to be over also (see FBNH price from Otedola shaking till date for direction)

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 27, 2023
robobo:

the party seems to be over. However, i think the days of sub N2 for transcorp seems to be over also (see FBNH price from Otedola shaking till date for direction)

Selah

Transcorp stock still has one major decline to do which will take out the pandemic low of 0.51. So around 47 kobo will be a good buy price.

FBN is on the same boat. Still needs to decline to 2016 low of 2.85.

What will cause it? I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2023
E Ku Market o.
E Ku Transcorp.. smiley

Lots of activities within few hours.....

Tony, thru HH Capital is now officially the highest shareholder in Transcorp Plc with 25.58%.........as at yesterday.....
More accumulations still witnessed earlier today....

Shareholders okays re-structuring/re-organization of the stock.........it has commenced, and looks like it's going to continue to some extent......Free float is being reduced to pave way for price appreciation.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Transcorp_Plc_-_Acquisition_of_Shares_in_by_HH_Capital_Limited.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
Tony H.Holdings doing well o
A roughly above 2.5 avg. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Digitron: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Please who uses Wealth.ng to trade here?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:19am On Apr 27, 2023
NB Dividend, Access bank yet to receive. who has received via Access bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2023
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o.
E Ku Transcorp.. smiley

Lots of activities within few hours.....

Tony, thru HH Capital is now officially the highest shareholder in Transcorp Plc with 25.58%.........as at yesterday.....
More accumulations still witnessed earlier today....

Shareholders okays re-structuring/re-organization of the stock.........it has commenced, and looks like it's going to continue to some extent......Free float is being reduced to pave way for price appreciation.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Transcorp_Plc_-_Acquisition_of_Shares_in_by_HH_Capital_Limited.pdf
If you add that to Tony's direct holding, that should be something. Ote$ over to you. Don't let Tony win this. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Mfunkynation:
I have

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Mfunkynation:
Access no dey try sometimes. I just got my MTN yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dpacificheraclx(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2023
It makes sense for people to get out now, this ride was awesome, but Transcorp will remain TOE's cash cow. FO set to make billions of dollars off this deal, he should sell his stakes soon enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (6945) (6946) (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.