Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11550416 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) (6981) ... (8185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:05pm On May 12, 2023
leparj:

I have received my GTCO dividend yesterday.
I use Access Bank.
The people having problems with their dividends are those whose accounts were Diamond/Access. They need to go to Any acccess bank branch, request for their alternate account number and submit to the registrar. Some registrars cannot pay dividends to rhe old Diamond bank account numbers.
I just resolved mine.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:17pm On May 12, 2023
STNWAUME:
Is UBA a Bargain @#8:20k ?

According to most analysts on here, the answer is yes.

At current price, it represents a 13+% yield. If that yield makes sense to you personally, then it is time to load up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:21pm On May 12, 2023
yMcy56:

Yes, in most cases.

Aside the published big ones posted by OGG and referenced, there are some smaller ones that could be noticed too........ especially if you queue for a particular stock and you're monitoring your order.

If you queue and you noticed your Order is No.2, then you saw some trades on that stocks but No.1 is not filled, then just know those are Cross Trades.

Unusual huge trades, single huge trades, chains of Trades are mostly crossings too.

The attached 75M single trade on Access is cross trading.....

Thanks. I understand you now. It's more by observation.

On the automated trading system (ATS) the firm's trade on NGX, there's a CROSS submenu (box just like SELL and BUY) to input a cross deal and the transaction is flagged (with a sign) as a cross deal. That was what I looked out for on itrade to identify cross deals (apart from those announced).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:25pm On May 12, 2023
This corruption they are sharing must go round. ARDOVA at 26 plus when the company is offering 17 plus..We join them in another corrupt move once we identify it.Who said you can't make money even when the wolves have taken over the street, lol.Now the market is fun

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:25pm On May 12, 2023
Kereokwu:
Property loses value over time but land does not

Well said
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:29pm On May 12, 2023
Monday we move to another corrupt company. And make 100 percent gain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalkah: 1:57pm On May 12, 2023
please keep us inform in advance sir. Thanks

Streetinvestor2:
Monday we move to another corrupt company. And make 100 percent gain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 2:07pm On May 12, 2023
The sweetest part is watching your stocks regain prices after chopping dividends. Na chop and clean mouth era. The last time I witnessed something similar was covid year

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2023
[quote author=OakPearl post=123090951][/quote]

Now let me pose a few questions to help resolve this.
1. How much did she buy the said property then and how much is the said property going for now in Abuja.
2. How much did she rent out the property at completion, when and how much is the current rental rate?

Your answers to above should provide clarity to my statement.

Like I said b4, just like every other investments, it needs to the done rightly. And that is where the issue you raised comes in.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 2:25pm On May 12, 2023
STNWAUME:
Is UBA a Bargain @#8:20k ?

Ades1:

According to most analysts on here, the answer is yes.

At current price, it represents a 13+% yield. If that yield makes sense to you personally, then it is time to load up

12.1% after the deduction of WHT.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiwantiwa: 2:25pm On May 12, 2023
@yMcy56. thanks for this o. yes, i have opened with Morgan and they are really good. i just need to know how to navigate my way through properly. will start going through the ropes of the registers etc . i have been flipping back on pages here trying to learn from names here, any more tips will really help .. thanks again
yMcy56:

This is a good start for a comeback!

1. Out of the 8 stocks, 3 are write offs: Universal Insurance, Dunlop and Union homes....... they're dead.

2. The remaining 5 are good: FBNH, NB, Betaglass, Dangsugar and Cornerstone.

3. You'll need to register with a broker, Morgan Capital Securities Limited, my recommendation.
4. You'll have to fill forms for the Registrars of the ones you have to collect your outstanding Dividends and for future ones.
5. Your new broker will assist you to transfer your stocks to your trading portfolio, whereby you can commence trading, be depositing more money and also consolidating//buying more shares.
6. All the stocks you mentioned are good but I'll advice you dont concentrate on banking alone........you can pick from one or two other sectors as well.
7. If you have time, try and flip back to some pages of this thread to learn more and have basic knowledge...
8. There are books to read, will be good if you can download some and read.
9. Define the type of investor you wish to be..
10. Always ask questions.........you can't just jump into the market to buy, there are times to buy, when the market is in bearish mode, the stock prices used to come down a bit at these periods, those could be good times to pick fundamentally sound stocks.

* This is my newbie's contribution. The Ogas will help you further. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2023
Kereokwu:
Property loses value over time but land does not

Pls I want to ask, if a house being occupied by tenants has repair issue especially repairs not caused by tenants who pays for the repairs?

The discussion was about Land. So my mention of property here meant Land.

It depends on the type of repairs and also on the agreement between parties at the inception of the landlord/ tenant relationship. But genrally, Internal repairs are usually the responsibilty of the tenant provided they were in good condition when the tenant came in, while external such as roof,fence, gate, walls, drainage, etc repairs are usually the reaponsiblity of the landlord provided the repairs are due to wear and tear and not damage caused by the tenant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020: 3:02pm On May 12, 2023
Sell fidelity.
Sell nacho
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2023
ogbs2020:
Sell fidelity. Sell nacho
Clap Yourself ni... Oion you are doing well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020: 4:19pm On May 12, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Clap Yourself ni...
Oion you are doing well

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2023
[quote author=yMcy56 post=123084971]
This is a good start for a comeback!

1. Out of the 8 stocks, 3 are write offs: Universal Insurance, Dunlop and Union homes....... they're dead.

2. The remaining 5 are good: FBNH, NB, Betaglass, Dangsugar and Cornerstone...

Is Universal Insurance dead? I thought it was the stock that one oga was buying huge volume some weeks ago or maybe it was a different insurance company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2023
[quote author=seyisanya post=123095694][/quote] Am not aware the day Universal Insurance kick the bucket
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:08pm On May 12, 2023
sophy17:

The discussion was about Land. So my mention of property here meant Land.

It depends on the type of repairs and also on the agreement between parties at the inception of the landlord/ tenant relationship. But genrally, Internal repairs are usually the responsibilty of the tenant provided they were in good condition when the tenant came in, while external such as roof,fence, gate, walls, drainage, etc repairs are usually the reaponsiblity of the landlord provided the repairs are due to wear and tear and not damage caused by the tenant.

The main problem with residential tenants, is that most of the new tenants got loans in order to pay for the initial rent, subsequent rent is always a problem.

While the rent is running, instead of them to save up for the next rent they will be paying back the loan used in getting the apartment.

Reason why tenants pay in arrears thereby making rental income erratic.

I prefer the REIT route for real estate investment

Land speculation is like penny stocks, majority will get their hands burnt.

If you must buy a plot of land, make sure you have the cash flow to build on the land within 4 years

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2023
Yoast:
The sweetest part is watching your stocks regain prices after chopping dividends. Na chop and clean mouth era. The last time I witnessed something similar was covid year

I missed out on this.
Opportunity to load more Zenith and GTCo to improve my dividend.
But held back hoping to catch dem much lower.
Still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:09pm On May 12, 2023
yMcy56:

Compliment sir
Pls tell us the news on JAPAUL.....

The call is simply based on alignment of fundamental, technical and market sentiment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The main problem with residential tenants, is that most of the new tenants got loans in order to pay for the initial rent, subsequent rent is always a problem.

While the rent is running, instead of them to save up for the next rent they will be paying back the loan used in getting the apartment.

Reason why tenants pay in arrears thereby making rental income erratic.

I prefer the REIT route for real estate investment

Land speculation is like penny stocks, majority will get their hands burnt.

If you must buy a plot of land, make sure you have the cash flow to build on the land within 4 years

And that's why I said one must do it right or engage those who knows how to do it. How can someone give his/her house to a tenant who's paying with a loan?
The REIT route invest in property with your money but give you what they want to!
Yes, Getting a genuine land to buy is a big issue but there are Professionals who does that for a fee. Many will call mechanics to help them check a car of 2m before buying, but will not engage the service of a Professional to carry out due diligence before buying a land of 10m.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2023
@Rabbi My mentor has been buying a lot of Reysas.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2023
sophy17:

And that's why I said one must do it right or engage those who knows how to do it. How can someone give his/her house to a tenant who's paying with a loan?
The REIT route invest in property with your money but give you what they want to!
Yes, Getting a genuine land to buy is a big issue but there are Professionals who does that for a fee. Many will call mechanics to help them check a car of 2m before buying, but will not engage the service of a Professional to carry out due diligence before buying a land of 10m.

How will you know that the tenant got a loan to pay for his rent

The street is not smiling at all, rent your property to businesses and you will be fine.

Most landlords are lamenting, you take the tenant to court, the lawyer will want the case to drag till eternity because of the appearance fee of 20k or more which he will collect anytime he appears in the court

We just sold a family house because of all these and everybody is fine after diversify the proceeds

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Backpedal: 6:50pm On May 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It does,

EXACTLY my point
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2023
Good to see relatives of Tony loading up Transcorp shares. Here a relative is reported to have bought 2million shares at N3.12 earlier this month.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/170_Executed_Insider_Dealing_Notification_-_Dr._Awele_Elumelu_(_12th_May_23).pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 7:14pm On May 12, 2023
sophy17:

If I may ask, Do you own rental properties? If yes, how many and fir how long? what has been your experience so far?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 7:54pm On May 12, 2023
BabsO2:
Good to see relatives of Tony loading up Transcorp shares. Here a relative is reported to have bought 2million shares at N3.12 earlier this month.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/170_Executed_Insider_Dealing_Notification_-_Dr._Awele_Elumelu_(_12th_May_23).pdf

2,063,484,991 units
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:55pm On May 12, 2023
BabsO2:

I guess you meant to say over 2 billion.
...it's actually 2,063,484,991 units @ N3.12 to be precise. wink cheesy cool
By the way, the said relation is Sir TE's wife, Dr. Awele Elumelu.

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:02pm On May 12, 2023
Lion123:
GTCO dividend don land. Ask me for a bottle of beer when you see me at Pekas in Ikeja tonight grin
I wan do Zorya before, but lemme save money. So Pekas.
Wat of the work of God?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:10pm On May 12, 2023
veecovee:

Wat of the work of God?

God does not need our money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:12pm On May 12, 2023
onegentleguy:

I guess you meant to say over 2 billion.
...it's actually 2,063,484,991 units @ N3.12 to be precise. wink cheesy cool
By the way, the said relation is Sir TE's wife, Dr. Awele Elumelu.

It is well
Some were asking why I didnt sell. Well if I sold I might not get as much units on another date. There is hidden potential here. Oil and power sector. Thats where the money is. Stock looks to be heading back to 3.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:12pm On May 12, 2023
sophy17:

Oga leave story.which professional in nigeria. Is it those lawyers or agents that are just interested in thr 5 or 10 percent commission. I have been down that road with many.When it comes to residential house just pray you get a tenant that has conscience it makes no difference if you ask jade and taiwo to handle the property .It will only lead to court processes and expenses. And the law tend to be on the side of the tenant

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) (6981) ... (8185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jp130(m), yMcy56, nnadengram(m), ZikkyChops(m), BullBearMkt(m), cocolacec(m), Testimonies777(m), Pokuase, 4willer, Salvationone, manwomanok, designking and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.