Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10941597 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6972) (6973) (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:42pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:
GTCO dividend don land. Ask me for a bottle of beer when you see me at Pekas in Ikeja tonight grin
I wan do Zorya before, but lemme save money. So Pekas.

Beer ke?
This one na Mauritius you go carry me go

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:52pm On May 11, 2023
yeddy99:

madam mercy, are you sure that this dividend is part of madam's portfolio?
bros might have allocated according to what is in each person's portfolio oh.

My brother you sabi how the matter dey go jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:
GTCO dividend don land. Ask me for a bottle of beer when you see me at Pekas in Ikeja tonight grin

Chai.
Large men are here
But they are coding it.
I am already in a bar.
Drinking ice cold beer waiting
for my own small GTCO dividend.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:01pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:

WOW!!! This one pass annual salary, I wan be like you when I grow up!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
Gtb just landed. Dividend dey sweet oo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:08pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:
Oh boy!!!! shocked shocked :I
This your GTCO dividend alone na the size of some of us entire portfolio be that oh..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:09pm On May 11, 2023
DiarisGod o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:19pm On May 11, 2023
9free:

Oh boy!!!! shocked shocked :I
This your GTCO dividend alone na the size of some of us entire portfolio be that oh..
that's how my future FBNH dividend will look like....dividend is sweet.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:25pm On May 11, 2023
NAHCO
Quite a lot of transactions, accumulations and cross deals.....
Seems something good is again brewing here or it's Dividend hunting....šŸ¤”

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:

That is the snowball effects of dividend investing.

Why Pekas na??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:
Jesu!
when will I be like you..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:07pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Why Pekas na??

Pekas so I can preach salvation to those babes as we bond over beer and Asun.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:13pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Why Pekas na??

Oga Emma no be everybody don spend 50 years for market o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Oga Emma no be everybody don spend 50 years for market o grin

20 years is the break even period, if you are consistent

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:23pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Ahh what do you mean by break even
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2023
If you know, you know.

Rental income is overrated as a source of passive income at retirement.

Income is erratic, tenants will owe you, spend money in order to eject tenants, rental income will be used for repairs and maintenance, government will levy you when you renovate the property.

It is damn too lousy

Unfortunately that is the route known by majority of the population

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Ahh what do you mean by break even

The predictable dividend income is capable of replacing your salary or at least equivalent to 400% of your rent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:37pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The predictable dividend income is capable of replacing your salary or at least equivalent to 400% of your rent

Ahh those of us who used the first 10 years of investing inside darkness

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sh0lar: 2:39pm On May 11, 2023
Omo Gtbank Dividend don land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

It is possible if you are chasing fast money, the next 5 bagger

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:49pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

3 years down, 17 to go lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:52pm On May 11, 2023
onegentleguy:

Got us some more INTEBREW @ the day low of N4.3 & 4.35 today.
...the 2nd of our 5-batch structured entry trade set-up, but not enough to complete the target. (we need to accumulate a bit more)
So technically, we still have 4 more batch to go.

Like the last time, only problem is the relatively low vol available for exchange at our target peg.
Not much difference in AEP btw our 1st & 2nd batch... so it appears some folks are afraid to sell. wink cheesy cool

We wait again at below 10% (or a peg we perceive appropriate looking at the pattern of the coys trade book) tomorrow to load more.
As I said before; we shall continue to load more until... wink cheesy cool

TA should not come and spoil things for us... price has to drop.
You people should sell this INTERBREW I beg of you. ...it's fundamentally unhealthy. wink cheesy grin
Pls kindly sell more... and I mean it!

Btw, CHAMS tried to close shop today.

It is well

Got us some more INTERBREW @ the day low of N4.45 today.
...this completes the 2nd of our 5-batch structured entry trade set-up so ideally, we now have 3 MORE BATCHES TO GO!

As always, the challenge has been the relatively low vol available for exchange at our targetĀ peg, but we are never gonna give up!
I really don't understand why people are refusing to sell. wink cheesy cool

Well, tomorrow is another day.
We wait again at below 10% or a peg we perceive appropriate looking at the pattern of the coys trade book.
We shall continue to load until price drops to 0.1k. wink cheesy grin

We love that man Mr TIME!

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:55pm On May 11, 2023
Has anyone gotten the information behind ARDOVA movement?....Still closed on bid@#24.20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:59pm On May 11, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

The day I found this thread couple of years ago changed my approach to investing on NSE. I had my own years of investing in darkness which cost me school fees but things are better now. Thanks to all the contributors here and our inhouse live trade analyst @yMcy56.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:03pm On May 11, 2023
onegentleguy:

Mr TRANSCORP already opening with a bid size that's almost 2x that from yesterday's close.
Indeed there was a reason for the huge but often "opaque" vol in TRANSCORP in recent weeks.
There's also a reason the vol movement has now followed a less "aggressive trading pattern" even with maximum price rise.
...Implying less availability.

Carefully observe the coys trade book.

Something is going on! wink cheesy grin

Again, NOT to be inferred as any sought of investment advice.

Meanwhile, Mr TRANSCORP is still doing the work... wink cheesy grin
Another maximum gain, another huge unfilled vol of over 120M... with a few snipers here and there. wink cheesy cool

Still playing out that part in italics.

Let's see where it heads to from here.

Again, NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2023
Ades1:

3 years down, 17 to go lol

It is achievable in 15 years if you are intentional about it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:16pm On May 11, 2023
Still waiting for GTB dividend. My bank is Access. Who else hasn't seen alert
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:27pm On May 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It is achievable in 15 years if you are intentional about it

I am very intentional about this but I have BIG MOUTH! Like 1.5m/month dividends lol. Hopefully I can make it happen in 17 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 3:36pm On May 11, 2023
Dividend, courtesy GTCo has landed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 3:40pm On May 11, 2023
I think you understate it when you say overrated.
Like you said, that is what many of us were brought up to know.

emmanuelewumi:
If you know, you know.

Rental income is overrated as a source of passive income at retirement.

Income is erratic, tenants will owe you, spend money in order to eject tenants, rental income will be used for repairs and maintenance, government will levy you when you renovate the property.

It is damn too lousy

Unfortunately that is the route known by majority of the population

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:44pm On May 11, 2023
Lion123:

With this we can do a quick estimate to determine your portfolio holding in GTBANK.

A quick math...

Assuming that V is the vol you hold in GTB, then V x N2.80 (ref: YE, 2022 final div cash flow)= GDA (Gross dividend amount) paid.

Let GDA= y
Then y--0.1y= N4,250,086.04 (Note that 0.1y connotes 10% WHT on the value of y)
So 0.9y= N4,250,086.04
Hence y= N4,250,086.04/0.9= N4,722,317.82222

Therefore y (GDA) which is your Gross div amount= N4,722,317.82222.

But V x N2.80= y (GDA)
So V= N4,722,317.82222/2.80= 1,686,542 unit approximately.
...while you may have bought some of your equity stake in GT post ex-dividend, this gives us a clue of your holding.

1,686,542 unit of GTBANK.
...now that's quite a lot! wink cheesy cool

I dare say that you have built for yourself a great source of passive income... especially if you also hold similar stakes in other 1st tier banking names and/or blue-chip companies.

Do enjoy your dividend but try not to get intoxicated. wink cheesy grin

Kudos bro!

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2023
Ades1:

I am very intentional about this but I have BIG MOUTH! Like 1.5m/month dividends lol. Hopefully I can make it happen in 17 years

What you sow is what you will reap.

Sow bountifully in order to reap bountifully

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6972) (6973) (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KayOn1, 222Martins(m), Cation(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.